Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

Leo Showers posted:

merge this thread with the starbound thread

Christ ain't that the truth. I was reading that thread for the first time in probably half a year and I didn't know people had turned that hard on the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

You can merge this thread with the Starbound thread only if we get to merge with the Star Citizen thread too

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Matter of fact, I'm salty now.
go hog wild

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

Let's get a little crazy. Let's have some fun.

Babe Magnet posted:

You can merge this thread with the Starbound thread only if we get to merge with the Star Citizen thread too
Can we get Spacebase DF-9 in on that dogpile?

Cryohazard
Feb 5, 2010

Tracula posted:

Christ ain't that the truth. I was reading that thread for the first time in probably half a year and I didn't know people had turned that hard on the game.

A lot of it is because the ridiculously negative people camp the thread to the point of obsession while the rest of us just read the news updates and wait for a stable release.

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy
That's some very poor trolling right there Baloogan.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

The Deadly Hume posted:

Can we get Spacebase DF-9 in on that dogpile?

Don't Play Videogames megathread

Rrussom
May 13, 2009
I wish more games featured women turning into toilets. I want toilet transformers.
Dear mods, Please do this.

AHungryRobot
Oct 12, 2012
Move the combined thread to the imp zone for even more fun times.

Rrussom
May 13, 2009
I wish more games featured women turning into toilets. I want toilet transformers.

AHungryRobot posted:

Move the combined thread to the imp zone for even more fun times.

Impzone is for loving nerds, GBS or bust

AHungryRobot
Oct 12, 2012

Rrussom posted:

Impzone is for loving nerds

Yeah, what's your point?

Clitch
Feb 26, 2002

I lived through
Donald Trump's presidency
and all I got was
this lousy virus
Needs to be like Lowtax did with the Gamergate thread in GBS.

One big Early Access Games dogpile thread, where everyone can just scream their heads off.

In Games proper, so serious business video game nerds have to look at it every day.

Report for less than NWS/Doxx, get named and shamed.

Enzer
Oct 17, 2008
Edit: gently caress it, not worth getting dragged into a lovely argument.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It

Clitch posted:

One big Early Access Games dogpile thread, where everyone can just scream their heads off.
Early Access Quarantine

boohoo my :10bux:

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.
Oh wow, look at all these posts! I'm sure it's full of all the new amazing information about Cube World that I've been waiting to hear about.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It
New information about Cube World? Whatever gave you that expectation?

scuba school sucks
Aug 30, 2012

The brilliance of my posting illuminates the forums like a jar of shining gold when all around is dark
Didn't the Cube World guy get pissed off at the entire Internet over 4chan sending rape threats to his wife or some poo poo? Like he said, "gently caress you the entire Internet, no more status updates, it will be done when it's done and I'm not posting another word about it". I coulda swore I read that a few months back.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Network Pesci posted:

Didn't the Cube World guy get pissed off at the entire Internet over 4chan sending rape threats to his wife or some poo poo? Like he said, "gently caress you the entire Internet, no more status updates, it will be done when it's done and I'm not posting another word about it". I coulda swore I read that a few months back.

Pretty sure that was someone else.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Feindfeuer posted:

I tried Trove and while some basic elements are the same it's not Cube World. I bought it when it was first 'released' and I really enjoyed the aspect of exploration, especially the climb mechanics that allowed me to get everywhere if I just planned my climb well, even on lower levels. Trove is not well suited for exploration, it only does the hit things in cube graphics and has some building aspect that are missing in the current and probably final version of Cubeworld.

I still fire it up sometimes to explore down/up a river with my boat or climb some cliff to hang-glide back down again. But some of the core gameplay elements that would make the game playable beyond that are missing and I doubt they will ever get implemented. So I understand the frustration that people feel about this, as there is not really a game with a world-gen and exploration feel like cubeworld out there.
On the plus side, it's getting constant updates so it may not be in that lovely state forever. It's anyone's guess whether it catches up to Cube World before Cube World finally drops another update though. Though the last update was just yet another character class to do the same boring poo poo with. On the plus side access was like $5 compared to the 15 euro Cube World is asking.

metasynthetic
Dec 2, 2005

in one moment, Earth

in the next, Heaven

Megamarm
If I understand and agree with some of the criticism regarding Starbound yet do not regret the money I spent on it will I regret buying this game? Will it keep me entertained for a weekend at least?

Malek
Jun 22, 2003

Shut up Girl!
And as always: Kill Hitler.

metasynthetic posted:

If I understand and agree with some of the criticism regarding Starbound yet do not regret the money I spent on it will I regret buying this game? Will it keep me entertained for a weekend at least?

Half a day depending on personality type. (that was my limit)

Heavy Lobster
Oct 24, 2010

:gowron::m10:
I got a good two weeks out of Cube World and have been thinking about playing it some more, but I love aimless exploration and was pleased with the non-mage combat system.

Jinh
Sep 12, 2008

Fun Shoe
Riding a crocodile was worth my 15 dollars. If wollay hadn't patched out the archer glitch letting you leap across entire biomes i would still fire this game up every now and then just to do that.

Seriously that was the most fun glitch ive ever had in a game, it was like rocket jumping and had a pretty good chance of killing you if you werent really good with the parachute, it was always hilarious.

Jinh fucked around with this message at 21:16 on Nov 11, 2014

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

metasynthetic posted:

Do not buy Cube World.

tehsid
Dec 24, 2007

Nobility is sadly overrated.
gently caress Cube World, come play Pangenesis. We have a thread here on SA. http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3677674

I do hope Cube World gets finished. So much promise potentially wasted..

tehsid fucked around with this message at 23:09 on Nov 11, 2014

Digital Jesus
Sep 11, 2001

I hate you all for reviving this thread, every single time. I keep it bookmarked and it just sits there at the bottom, and I get so drat excited whenever it bumps.

Aaaand now I'm contributing to the problem :woop:

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life

Jackard posted:

Early Access Quarantine

boohoo my :10bux:

This one.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Digital Jesus posted:

I hate you all for reviving this thread, every single time. I keep it bookmarked and it just sits there at the bottom, and I get so drat excited whenever it bumps.

Aaaand now I'm contributing to the problem :woop:
Hey, the thread lasted longer than the game did! Can be satisfied about that. :toot:

Davinci
Feb 21, 2013
This was a fun game but the worst thing was fighting a boss you're underlevelled for and you're just about to kill it and then it suddenly heals to full because you took too long.

But on the other hand it was really fun kiting a boss all the way into a town and watching it relentlessly slaughter every single person living in the town.

It was also the only game other than Chrono Trigger that lets you play as a frog and that's rad and worth the money alone.

Malek
Jun 22, 2003

Shut up Girl!
And as always: Kill Hitler.

Asimo posted:

Hey, the thread lasted longer than the game did! Can be satisfied about that. :toot:

It also updates more often. :suicide:

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

Let's get a little crazy. Let's have some fun.

tehsid posted:

gently caress Cube World, come play Pangenesis. We have a thread here on SA. http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3677674

I do hope Cube World gets finished. So much promise potentially wasted..
Letting me know the Game Formerly Known As Kleaveland is still happening is about the only good thing about this thread being bumped.

tehsid
Dec 24, 2007

Nobility is sadly overrated.

The Deadly Hume posted:

Letting me know the Game Formerly Known As Kleaveland is still happening is about the only good thing about this thread being bumped.

Its fun. We have a goon server for mp, too. And DuFfY needs people to build rad stuff because some press is interested and want screenshots of rad stuff. (It'll get into a print magazine!)

Digital Jesus
Sep 11, 2001

Yeah that game does look fun. Thanks for the heads up :)

Chernobyl Prize
Sep 22, 2006

Good news for Cube World, it's no longer possible to purchase Cube World.

Neruz
Jul 23, 2012

A paragon of manliness
Wellp I guess that ends it then. On the one hand I'd say I probably got my money's worth of entertainment from this game, on the other hand :negative:

Ah well, such is life.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
RIP wollay or whatever his name was, he burned too bright and too soon :(

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Chernobyl Prize posted:

Good news for Cube World, it's no longer possible to purchase Cube World.

So what happened? Did Steam finally get sick of people opening early access then vanishing into the ether with their ill-gotten gains?

Orv
May 4, 2011

ToxicSlurpee posted:

So what happened? Did Steam finally get sick of people opening early access then vanishing into the ether with their ill-gotten gains?

Was never on EA?

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Orv posted:

Was never on EA?

I thought there was a playable alpha. I was just thinking of the fact that there has been silence since 2013, Towns happened, and now Starbound is, you know, being Starbound.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neruz
Jul 23, 2012

A paragon of manliness
gently caress Starbound; Signs of Life is where its at right now. One of the devs is even quite active in the thread here on SA and has implemented multiple features suggested by SA users.

• Locked thread