Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.

axleblaze posted:

This is a weird amount of hate for Daisy.

HI I'M DAISY :byodame:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

RyokoTK posted:

HI I'M DAISY :byodame:

Yes, I agree. Daisy owns.

Daisy us the Waluigi of the Nintendo princesses.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

axleblaze posted:

Also there isn't a Daisy Amiibo right now simply because she's not a character in Smash.

You know why?

Because Nintendo hates Daisy.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

axleblaze posted:

Daisy us the Waluigi of the Nintendo princesses.

It's a good comparison because both characters are super lame.

Fremry
Nov 4, 2003
Also, just in case people haven't been following other video game news and threads, Assassin's Creed: Unity is multiple levels of broken. In addition, Ubi extended their review embargo by several hours because they knew what was going to come out.

Ubi doesn't want to release anything on the Wii U because nobody is buying Ubi games on it, but I think as of right now, they need to be more worried about people buying their star franchise on any console. It's getting absolutely skewered in the press for being a buggy mess.

From Joystiq's 2.5/5 review:

joystiq posted:

Rapid descents along the faces of buildings would sometimes send me clipping through structures, leave me floating in mid-air, or drop me through the bottom of the world into a hellish abyss of white. NPCs appeared to float in mid-air while others wielded invisible weapons. Twice, Unity crashed entirely, requiring a full restart of the software. In one mission, restarting from a checkpoint inspired in protagonist Arno Dorian the philosophy of pacifism, as he refused to attack the soldiers cutting him to shreds - which is to say that although I had my weapon drawn, I could not target or attack any enemies, and I had to let myself die in order to try again.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
If you don't think Waluigi owns you're pretty much singling yourself out as a terrible opinion haver who should never be listened to in regard to anything.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
I don't like Waluigi.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

elf help book posted:

I don't like Waluigi.

I rest my case.

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!
They should make a Mario and Luigi style game with Daisy and Pauline where they try to become relevant in any way.

Fremry posted:

Also, just in case people haven't been following other video game news and threads, Assassin's Creed: Unity is multiple levels of broken.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

elf help book posted:

I don't like Waluigi.

:hfive:

Shelf Adventure
Jul 18, 2006
I'm down with that brother
Waluigi is nintendo's chuck Norris. Was never really that good to begin with, and now it's just kind of embarrassing

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

Wario's fart.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

Fremry posted:

Also, just in case people haven't been following other video game news and threads, Assassin's Creed: Unity is multiple levels of broken. In addition, Ubi extended their review embargo by several hours because they knew what was going to come out.

Ubi doesn't want to release anything on the Wii U because nobody is buying Ubi games on it, but I think as of right now, they need to be more worried about people buying their star franchise on any console. It's getting absolutely skewered in the press for being a buggy mess.

From Joystiq's 2.5/5 review:

Joystiq's review is brutal it's almost as if these games are rushed and shouldn't be churned out every year. I still find it hilarious that Ubisoft, after the embarrassment of AC3, announced they weren't going to do these yearly anymore for that reason, then less than one month later announced AC4 which, okay yeah it was probably being worked on for a while before AC3 was out as they have multiple teams, but then decided hey, let's do TWO AC games in one year this will be TWICE AS GOOD!!!!!

Sprat Sandwich
Mar 20, 2009

The Wonderful 101 trip report - a giant robot fell into lava. Did not give a thumbs-up. 2/10.

Gwen
Aug 17, 2011

codenameFANGIO posted:

You and Taint Reaper. So, uh
Apparently count me into the growing list; Animal Crossing is a cute timesink that I'm not at all interested in and never have been.

Gwen fucked around with this message at 23:55 on Nov 11, 2014

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Suspicious Cook posted:

They should make a Mario and Luigi style game with Daisy and Pauline where they try to become relevant in any way.

nice creepypasta

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

BFC posted:

Apparently count me into the growing list; Animal Crossing is a cute timesink that I'm not at all interested in and never have been.

me too. i think it looks cute but that kinda game just isn't for me.

melon cat
Jan 21, 2010

Nap Ghost
I've always wondered why Nintendo never re-used one of the many characters they introduced in Super Mario RPG. Call me a nostalgic dummy, but they had some entertaining characters who are worth a second look.

Booster, the Viking helmet-wearing man-child who lived in a giant toybox masquerading as a castle and tried to force Peach to marry him.

Bowyer, the forest-dwelling villain with a weird speech impediment ("Nyyyaahhhh!") who derived some sort of demented pleasure from shooting arrows at a nearby village.

The Axem Rangers, an obvious (funny) parody of the Power Rangers who were horribly incompetent.

And then of course there was Mallow, the shapeshifting son of sky-based royalty who cried like a petulant child at the weirdest things. Geno was kind of neat, too.

It was entire franchise of characters that just disappeared for reasons that aren't familiar to me. But instead, Nintendo opted for a bunch of "Baby" versions of existing characters for Mario Kart.

melon cat fucked around with this message at 00:23 on Nov 12, 2014

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

They're Square's characters and not Nintendo's. Booster rules though yeah.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
I think alot of it has to do with the original Mario RPG being a Square game and Square being stupid dicks.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

melon cat posted:

It was entire franchise of characters that just disappeared for reasons that aren't familiar to me. But instead, Nintendo opted for a bunch of "Baby" versions of existing characters for Mario Kart.

They can't use them sadly, since they are Sqauare's and not Nintendo (which blows, you know they'd still be using some of those characters to this day if they had control of them), but I do think it's stupid there's a bunch of babies and metal versions of characters in MK8 instead of the plethora of characters they have to choose from. The DLC too it's cool we're getting Link and the Animal Crossing dudes, but then you have just Peach and Mario wearing costumes and it's like why don't you just reuse some of the past Mario Kart characters? Where is Birdo? What about that dragon thing in 3D World? King Boo?

The only "similar" character I'd be down for his Captain Toad, and I think he'd be interesting because he could have his heavy rear end backpack, making him a heavy character even though he's a toad.

always be closing
Jul 16, 2005
Do I have to set up the sensor bar to play Nintendo land?

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.
King Boo is absolutely the dude I want back in Mario Kart, because my Double Dash team was him and Petey Piranha and I fuckin' owned bones at Double Dash.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

always be closing posted:

Do I have to set up the sensor bar to play Nintendo land?
The only game that uses pointer controls from what I remember is the third person shooter part of the Metroid game, but I can't remember if that used IR or motion plus. Everything else should be cool though.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

homeless snail posted:

The only game that uses pointer controls from what I remember is the third person shooter part of the Metroid game, but I can't remember if that used IR or motion plus. Everything else should be cool though.

It uses motion plus

always be closing
Jul 16, 2005

homeless snail posted:

Thanks.

We have no furniture yet so I set a TV up on the ground for tonight. Just unboxed my refurbished unit thanks to this thread.

melon cat
Jan 21, 2010

Nap Ghost
Darn. Well, there goes my pipe dream of playing future Nintendo games featuring any SMRPG characters. Videogame politics.

A Real Happy Camper
Dec 11, 2007

These children have taught me how to believe.
My brother picked up a Wii U a few days ago, and is it still impossible to move a nintendo network account from one system to another (outside of a system transfer)? I'd like to use mine, but if it eats all my purchases/my account when I pick up a wii u of my own in a couple years, then I'll pass on it.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Captain Novolin posted:

My brother picked up a Wii U a few days ago, and is it still impossible to move a nintendo network account from one system to another (outside of a system transfer)? I'd like to use mine, but if it eats all my purchases/my account when I pick up a wii u of my own in a couple years, then I'll pass on it.

A system transfer is exactly the way to move your stuff from one Wii U to another. If you're trying to part out one person's NNID from another, call Nintendo Support with the serial numbers off both consoles and they can move just one NNID over.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

BFC posted:

I dislike games with real-time components over days or weeks. I have time to play when I have time to play. Sometimes it'll be for an extended session and sometimes I'll have to put a game aside for a while before picking it up again. So I really don't like Animal Crossing.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

I just came to the realization that I never registered any of my old Wii games on ClubNintendo and have got a treasure trove of coins with which to buy little games I don't really want nor have time to play. :dance:

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

I would like Animal Crossing still if I hadn't played four of them. Also the GCN (N64) one was the best

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

That elephant ate my entire platoon.

always be closing posted:

Thanks.

We have no furniture yet so I set a TV up on the ground for tonight. Just unboxed my refurbished unit thanks to this thread.

The Link game might use IR for calibration, or it might just work if you waggle enough.

Also remember that the Game Pad has a sensor bar in it.

always be closing
Jul 16, 2005
Good tip.

Another question, I pre ordered smash Bros. Today at GameStop, but didn't get the controller, I take it the base game is not going to include the GameCube controller dongle? Is it included with the smash Bros controller?

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

There is a SKU that contains the game, a GC adapter, and one GC controller. Otherwise, those items are all sold separately.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

I'm a lil late to the party but Daisy is a piece of poo poo floating in a sea of piss

Bass Bottles
Jan 14, 2006

BOSS BATTLES DID NOTHING WRONG
Playing Super Metroid for the first time ever and I burst out laughing when I saw Mini-Kraid immediately after fighting the real Kraid.

What the hell?

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

enojy posted:

I'm a lil late to the party but Daisy is a piece of poo poo floating in a sea of piss

Literally true because the gameboy's screen was yellow

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

melon cat posted:

Darn. Well, there goes my pipe dream of playing future Nintendo games featuring any SMRPG characters. Videogame politics.

Its not politics, Square made the games and owns the original characters. Why would they let Nintendo use them in any meaningful way for free? And why would Nintendo pay to use minor unimportant characters?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kewpuh
Oct 22, 2003

when i dip you dip we dip

Bass Bottles posted:

Playing Super Metroid for the first time ever and I burst out laughing when I saw Mini-Kraid immediately after fighting the real Kraid.

What the hell?

The point is that you should have saw him before you fought the real Kraid. I'm not even sure how it's possible to get to Kraid without first seeing baby Kraid though

• Locked thread