Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GrAviTy84
Nov 25, 2004

" He is first seen covered in blood and cuts and killing off the last of a group of men with a soup can in the back of a supermarket, then going to see if his family is okay - it is suggested that the men he was killing were attacking them. "

http://walkingdead.wikia.com/wiki/Abraham_Ford_(TV_Series)

this is straight out of the comics, tyreese should've died at the prison

Abe, regardless of his attire is not a wife beater. He was avenging them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe

enraged_camel posted:

Currently there isn't any other explanation for why the woman has a black eye and she clearly tries to shield her kids from him, and then leaves a "don't follow us" message when she runs away.

You don't think those guys Abe was killing would have anything to do with it, do you? Abe was just doing that for fun, I guess?

Does anyone have a gif of Eugene creeping on Abe and Rosita that isn't weirdly dark and desaturated?

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006
Do people really have so much trouble grasping the concept that Abe's family were scared of him because they just watched their father and husband, who they probably see as a loving person, rage out and beat an entire group of people to death with his bare hands and a soup can? I'd be scared of a person too, no matter how long I've known them, if I just watched them cave in a skull with a can of pork n' beans. There is no evidence to support Abe being a wife beater.

GrAviTy84
Nov 25, 2004

Just rewatched the second flashback.

"Ellen, You're safe now. I stopped them. You don't have to be scared now"

Yeah. Sounds like a wife beater to me. :rolleyes:

Edit: obv they were assaulted or otherwise harmed. As per usual, in the comic it was rape, in the tv show it is implied rape but never full out confirmed as rape.

GrAviTy84 fucked around with this message at 01:58 on Nov 12, 2014

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe

HonorableTB posted:

Do people really have so much trouble grasping the concept that Abe's family were scared of him because they just watched their father and husband, who they probably see as a loving person, rage out and beat an entire group of people to death with his bare hands and a soup can? I'd be scared of a person too, no matter how long I've known them, if I just watched them cave in a skull with a can of pork n' beans. There is no evidence to support Abe being a wife beater.

One of the recent episodes of Always Sunny in Philadelphia has them filming Lethal Weapon 6, and Mac is insisting on doing tons of exposition explaining the plot to the audience because plots are always so hard to follow unless you tell the audience exactly what's going on.

It's supposed to be a joke. Supposed to be.

GrAviTy84
Nov 25, 2004

Jamesman posted:

One of the recent episodes of Always Sunny in Philadelphia has them filming Lethal Weapon 6, and Mac is insisting on doing tons of exposition explaining the plot to the audience because plots are always so hard to follow unless you tell the audience exactly what's going on.

It's supposed to be a joke. Supposed to be.

yeah. and people want the pacing to be faster and for them to jump around to different subgroups more often? laffo

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

RBA Starblade posted:

I figured it was because the dudes he killed attacked them and he hulked out, then his family learned that the true monster was man and ran out and apparently managed to die in like five minutes.

Good riddance... who would want a family that will die in five minutes anyway? To survive in this new, dangerous world, you need STRONG partners and offspring.

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien

enraged_camel posted:

Good riddance... who would want a family that will die in five minutes anyway? To survive in this new, dangerous world, you need STRONG partners and offspring.

you seem jealous of abraham for some reason

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

The family wouldnt leave him even if he was a wifebeater the show just needed *~drama~*.

Cingulate
Oct 23, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
It'd be cool if we maybe could have a rape allusion free Zombie Show episode ever so often.

GrAviTy84 posted:

"Ellen, You're safe now. I stopped them. You don't have to be scared now"

Yeah. Sounds like a wife beater to me. :rolleyes:
Actually, I was told that men who are violent in relationships are also often very protective. It's like ... I'm allowed to touch her, even roughly, but nobody else is.
(I'm not saying Abe's a wife beater. I much prefer him to not be in fact. Goes against the stereotype.)

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien
you guys are just coming off as insanely jealous of abes muscles

GrAviTy84
Nov 25, 2004

EXTREME INSERTION posted:

Nah I'm just jelly of his hair. Where he find a stylist who can do color in Georgia during the apocalypse?

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.

They're just appreciating the male form.

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien
now that bob has passed on, sadly, I am an Abe fan

and you guys thought bob was a serial killer lol

GrAviTy84
Nov 25, 2004

Lycus posted:

*~victimless crime~*

now that bob has passed on, sadly, I am an Abe fan

and you guys thought bob was a serial killer lol

they never flat out denied it bro

/sarcasm

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien
Abe is the kind of guy who comes off as stupid, but hes not stupid he just has a different kind of situational intelligence. polar opposite of eugene. remember when he was the only guy smart enough to not walk through the dark zombie tunnel?

I dont think he makes a particularly good leader but he would make a good second in command.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Abe's not stupid, he's traumatized. That was the entire point of the flashbacks. They weren't telling us that he's a wifebeater or whatever nonsense tea leaf reading of the scenes people come up with. The whole point was to show us that this entire obsessive task to get Eugene to Washington and all the insistence that they keep moving and never slow down is just him being traumatized by his family's death and refusing to take a moment to process it because the last time he did he put a gun in his mouth.

Its supposed to put all the seemingly irrational and abrasive poo poo he's done like argue with Rick and refuse to take a day or two off into perspective and help us understand and sympathize with Abe. Its not supposed to make us think he's a loving wife beater.

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

precision posted:

Weren't you paying attention? He has AIDS.

Everyone has AIDS ! is infected.

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

Abe is the kind of guy who comes off as stupid, but hes not stupid he just has a different kind of situational intelligence.

Gold

Mae
Aug 1, 2010

Supesudandi wa, kukan-nai no dandidesu

Abe's wife was feeding the rats at the prison and that's how she got punched.

limeincoke
Jul 3, 2005

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion
Binged watched all 4 1/2 seasons this past weekend. Some good, some bad. The one thing that really stood out to me though was the zombies. It's always funny seeing them trying to play tag with the main group of heroes, and having their heads chopped in half with blunt objects, while being super stealth ninja's that can rip out throats and tear open stomachs with extreme ease with anyone else.

It's like the disease causes their grip and jaw strength to become superhero levels of strong, but everything else to be toddler levels of strength. Also I don't really get why their room/building clearing doesn't just consist of them making noise in a narrow hallway and killing them one at a time as they slowly lumber their way towards the group. They use noise to draw them out, but then they just charge in and fight all of them at the same time. Also, why does not a single person have a loving spear? It's literally the easiest weapon to make and would by far be the most effective. Instead everyone uses 6 inch knives.

Still a fun show, though the middle of 3/4 were extremely boring. Also Daryl is an awesome character, but whenever he has to do more then give brooding one liners his acting is laughably bad. That monologue he gave to Beth at the shack was middle-school theaterish.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Let's not forget that Carol was only made stronger by her repeated merciless beatings.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

WeLandedOnTheMoon! posted:

Let's not forget that Carol was only made stronger by her repeated merciless beatings.

Carol is basically the Hulk?

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

STAC Goat posted:

Abe's not stupid, he's traumatized. That was the entire point of the flashbacks. They weren't telling us that he's a wifebeater or whatever nonsense tea leaf reading of the scenes people come up with.

So then who was the woman, how did she get a black eye and why was she and the kids cowering when he found them?

GamingHyena
Jul 25, 2003

Devil's Advocate

enraged_camel posted:

So then who was the woman, how did she get a black eye and why was she and the kids cowering when he found them?

The woman was a cashier. She got a black eye because it was Black Friday and she probably got run over by some aggressive shoppers. The kids were cowering because they were being sold for slavery (the grocery store also sold children) and they just watched a bunch of random shoppers who were just looking for last minute stuff before Thanksgiving get beaten to death. Also, Abe is secretly a ghost which is why nobody talked to him in the scene.

I mean, that's what I got out of the scene anyways.

GamingHyena fucked around with this message at 04:10 on Nov 12, 2014

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
The mental gymnastics of this thread are scarier than anything on The Walking Dead. :ohdear:

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Lycus posted:

I consider it a victimless crime.

mewse
May 2, 2006

GamingHyena posted:

The woman was a cashier. She got a black eye because it was Black Friday and she probably got run over by some aggressive shoppers. The kids were cowering because they were being sold for slavery (the grocery store also sold children) and they just watched a bunch of random shoppers who were just looking for last minute stuff before Thanksgiving get beaten to death. Also, Abe is secretly a ghost which is why nobody talked to him in the scene.

This makes a lot of sense when you consider the note that she left, if some lumbering ginger idiot ruined my black friday I wouldn't want him coming after me either

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

GamingHyena posted:

Nice edit. ;)

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Das Boo posted:

The mental gymnastics of this thread are scarier than anything on The Walking Dead. :ohdear:

Well what would you do if your husband beat a bunch of people to death with a soup can in his fist while you watched?

You'd be loving grateful is what you'd be. :colbert:

unlimited shrimp
Aug 30, 2008

MariusLecter posted:

You'd be loving grateful is what you'd be. :colbert:
If I was in the middle of the zombie apocalypse then yeah, probably this.

The REAL Gtab Fan
Apr 12, 2007

Let it post, let it post, can't wait to shit post anymore~
Let it go, let it go, gonna vote one and move onnnnnn~
Why was the warning about the dead people in the firehouse written on the ground facing towards the firetruck, and not out towards the street or on the building?

Also why were there tires stacked on the inside of that door?

Someone please help.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

enraged_camel posted:

Seriously? His family was attacked, he lost his poo poo and savagely murdered the attackers, his traumatized and terrified wife ran away with the kids, they got eaten, he nearly killed himself before Eugene stumbled on him and gave him a mission to distract himself from what happened.

Please tell me I just fell for a troll. I can never tell in this thread.

QwertySanchez
Jun 19, 2009

a wacky guy
I dread to ask right at this moment, but I must have missed it during the show, when did the AIDS thing come out?

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Macklin, you son of a bitch
I might stop watching the show and just read this thread. It's loving gold.

I haven't read the comics, but this show isn't particularly subtle. Did it seem like that was Abe's family and he was protecting them? Then yup, that's what it was.

Agent Burt Macklin fucked around with this message at 05:17 on Nov 12, 2014

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien
All I see are a bunch of nerds jealous of abes physique and fighting skills. Bunch of eugenes

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

QwertySanchez posted:

I dread to ask right at this moment, but I must have missed it during the show, when did the AIDS thing come out?

:lol:

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed

QwertySanchez posted:

Eugene revealed he had AIDS at the end of the episode, much to the shock of the rest of the group.

GrAviTy84
Nov 25, 2004

Dr. Abysmal posted:

Eugene revealed he had AIDS at the end of the episode, much to the shock of the rest of the group.

That's why Abe punched him, for not telling him after all those nights of unprotected sex and sharing needles.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DogsInSpace!
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

EvilTobaccoExec posted:

walked into a door

Well she seemed a little on the slow side. Like someone that might not listen the first time you dun told her.

Abe is the kind of guy who comes off as stupid, but hes not stupid he just has a different kind of situational intelligence. polar opposite of eugene. remember when he was the only guy smart enough to not walk through the dark zombie tunnel?

:bravo:

Don't worry Abe.... some of us will drink beers and not walk into zombie tunnels with you.

• Locked thread