Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Double Plus Good
Nov 4, 2009
Fun thing to see in my newsfeed first thing this morning

EDIT: I don't want to start a circumcision derail. I just think the image of a man picketing on the side of the road with a sign that says "STOP CUTTING BABY PENIS" with a blood stained crotch is a little much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

1stGear posted:

Phil Fish canceled a game because people made fun of him on Twitter. On the other hand, wasn't he one of the people supporting Zoe Quinn during that whole debacle?

Yeah, he came out in support of her from the get-go. It's also a bit more than "People made fun of him on Twitter." He was pretty consistently harassed and he was just loving sick of how lovely the industry and gamers in general were, even before all this gamergate poo poo started.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!
Isn't that account a troll account? I remember seeing that pop up elsewhere and someone said that the "i" in Phil there is actually a lower case l.

Lotron
Aug 15, 2006

Still clownin'

Double Plus Good posted:

EDIT: I don't want to start a circumcision derail. I just think the image of a man picketing on the side of the road with a sign that says "STOP CUTTING BABY PENIS" with a blood stained crotch is a little much.

Lotta women in that group.

:smug:

kinmik
Jul 17, 2011

Dog, what are you doing? Get away from there.
You don't even have thumbs.

Double Plus Good posted:

Forever Scarred by Panniculus

Also took a while to parse STOP CUTTING B A BY PENIS

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008

Crain posted:

Isn't that account a troll account? I remember seeing that pop up elsewhere and someone said that the "i" in Phil there is actually a lower case l.

No. Watch Indie Game: The Movie. He's seriously a head up his rear end self absorbed buttwad who blames everything on anyone but himself, no matter what. He just also happens to be right on some things like GamerGate.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

1stGear posted:

Phil Fish canceled a game because people made fun of him on Twitter. On the other hand, wasn't he one of the people supporting Zoe Quinn during that whole debacle?

This is also a pretty great quote.

I think the cancelling of Fez 2 and GamerGate were a good half a year apart.

A Fancy 400 lbs posted:

No. Watch Indie Game: The Movie. He's seriously a head up his rear end self absorbed buttwad who blames everything on anyone but himself, no matter what. He just also happens to be right on some things like GamerGate.

If I remember correctly, he talked about how he'd murder his ex-business partner if the guy wouldn't sign some form to allow Fez to continue being developed.

cage-free egghead
Mar 8, 2004

1stGear posted:

This is also a pretty great quote.

People were threatening him, just as they were Zoe Quinn and etc. But I digress.

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

Lblitzer posted:

People were threatening him, just as they were Zoe Quinn and etc. But I digress.

As I said he was under constant pressure by a really loving lovely and toxic community. Not to defend his blowups exactly or the obvious hyperbole about wanting to kill his ex business partner but running a business is stressful enough, then to have to deal with legal issues with an old business partner, gamers being shitbags to you, etc. At a point anyone will crack. If you'll notice a lot of people involved with the gaming community to one degree another sever connection with it after a while because it gets that bad or at least distance themselves a great deal. Regardless of what you think of the guy I recall Total Biscuit saying the other day that having actual cancer is less stressful than dealing with this poo poo and I'd believe it.

Lonely Virgil
Oct 9, 2012

Tracula posted:

As I said he was under constant pressure by a really loving lovely and toxic community. Not to defend his blowups exactly or the obvious hyperbole about wanting to kill his ex business partner but running a business is stressful enough, then to have to deal with legal issues with an old business partner, gamers being shitbags to you, etc. At a point anyone will crack. If you'll notice a lot of people involved with the gaming community to one degree another sever connection with it after a while because it gets that bad or at least distance themselves a great deal. Regardless of what you think of the guy I recall Total Biscuit saying the other day that having actual cancer is less stressful than dealing with this poo poo and I'd believe it.

No one is forcing Phil Fish to interact with gamers, that's something he chose to do and ended up in many twitter flame wars because of it.

Big Centipede
Mar 20, 2009

it tingles

Double Plus Good posted:

Saw some of these guys protesting last week in Savannah GA. Right in front of a CVS. I dont think CVS does circumcisions though.

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

Lonely Virgil posted:

No one is forcing Phil Fish to interact with gamers, that's something he chose to do and ended up in many twitter flame wars because of it.

zoe quinn actually had people dox her and call her home and family harrasing them and sending her death threats.

Phil fish kinda didn't do himself any favors by insulting back which only generated more hate, but i wouldnt be suprised if they had done the same poo poo to him.

Lonely Virgil
Oct 9, 2012

Tengames posted:

zoe quinn actually had people dox her and call her home and family harrasing them and sending her death threats.

Phil fish kinda didn't do himself any favors by insulting back which only generated more hate, but i wouldnt be suprised if they had done the same poo poo to him.
I didn't say poo poo about Zoe Quinn.

Phil Fish has been known as a poo poo stirrer since before this gamergate nonsense and before Fez was even released.

RyuujinBlueZ
Oct 9, 2007

WHAT DID YOU DO?!

Lonely Virgil posted:

I didn't say poo poo about Zoe Quinn.

Phil Fish has been known as a poo poo stirrer since before this gamergate nonsense and before Fez was even released.

Yeah, it's a good thing the real gamers took Phil Fish down a peg. rear end in a top hat loving deserves all the poo poo he gets, he's just asking for it acting the way he does. If he didn't want to get harassed, he wouldn't speak out.

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE
Shut up about Phil Fish and Gamergate you idiots.

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

Fish once called JRPGs stupid so he can't be all bad.

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Sandweed posted:

I think he also called all of Japan bad in the same breath, so he's still an idiot on social media.

KoldPT
Oct 9, 2012

Ragequit posted:

I think he also called all of Japan bad in the same breath, so he's still an idiot on social media.

Also, entirely correct

KoldPT has a new favorite as of 15:14 on Nov 11, 2014

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.

Double Plus Good posted:

Also, content:

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
Phil Fish is the idiot on social media that needs to have social media pried from him.

LeafyGreens
May 9, 2009

the elegant cephalopod

TinTower posted:

Also, content:

There is no :ironicat: big enough jesus christ

IamnotJoe
Jul 24, 2005
Maybe Steve.

Quick send him this.

Si vienes a mi país deberían aprender nuestro idioma.

burnishedfume
Mar 8, 2011

You really are a louse...

TinTower posted:

Also, content:

Stop pretending you don't know Polish, poles have been immigrating to the UK since the end of WWII, if you want to live in the UK the least you could do is learn the language.

Soviet Commubot
Oct 22, 2008

TinTower posted:

Also, content:

This is just sublime, I want to print it out and frame it on my wall.

Part of Everything
Feb 1, 2005

He clenched his teeh and walked out of the study
If you're ever feeling dumb go and check out some of the comments posted on Dr. Phil's Facebook page. It's a swirling miasma of uneducated ARE COUNTRY soccer moms.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Armed Neutrality
May 8, 2006

BUY MORE CRABS
Nope, not about race at all, no sir.

(Comments from some dumb article about Sharia law in Alabama or something)

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

RottenK posted:

Shut up about Phil Fish

From a well-meaning Abe Vigoda fan, gently caress you and gently caress Bernice's cooking

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
It's a sad state of affairs when Phil Fish has people running in to defend him. :v:

Vindolanda
Feb 13, 2012

It's just like him too, y'know?

Armed Neutrality posted:

Nope, not about race at all, no sir.

(Comments from some dumb article about Sharia law in Alabama or something)

So, when he says "Knights Templar!" he means that when the new crusade begins he wants to be on the financial side of things?

swampland
Oct 16, 2007

Dear Mr Cave, if you do not release the bats we will be forced to take legal action

what are these women actually protesting?

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
You know I was curious about that myself.

old bean factory
Nov 18, 2006

Will ya close the fucking doors?!
They're just airing out opinions most people have. Who would ever have a pickled ball?? Not me, I tell you right now.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
I think they're TERFs.

e: Yep.

EXAKT Science has a new favorite as of 02:00 on Nov 12, 2014

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

I know 90% of you still have a heart, scroll past if you don't!

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

Picnic Princess posted:

I know 90% of you still have a heart, scroll past if you don't!

It's hard to not have a heart when I cant scroll any farther down!

It's a sign that I need to go ride in the back of a pick up and live before it's too late

swampland
Oct 16, 2007

Dear Mr Cave, if you do not release the bats we will be forced to take legal action

EXAKT Science posted:

I think they're TERFs.

e: Yep.

lol

Cygna
Mar 6, 2009

The ghost of a god is no man.

Followed by a 50-comment circlejerk about why shooting at someone who's running away with you is the only responsible thing to do. Highlight:

Mezzanine
Aug 23, 2009

Well, I didn't survive, so there :colbert:

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Why does he have two accounts?

Sandweed posted:

It's almost as if people I don't like can have decent opinions on other things.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guest2553
Aug 3, 2012

...so the internet shouldn't work as well for blacks and poors? :shrug:

• Locked thread