Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Malek
Jun 22, 2003

Shut up Girl!
And as always: Kill Hitler.

Saoshyant posted:

Oh, hey, leaked screenshots of Just Cause 3.

Looks great, I wonder what they will come up with this tim--

Gems... You gotta be kidding me. Microfuckingtransactions in Just Cause.

Just Cause... 3

VVV: Actually I didn't, where's the link?

Never mind, Googled it and found a few articles.

Malek fucked around with this message at 03:33 on Nov 12, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

awesmoe
Nov 30, 2005

Pillbug

Malek posted:

Just Cause... 3

did you read the linked article where the guy was like "the screenshots are from an old build, yes we looked at microtransactions but we decided no"?

e: ^^^ it was two posts above yours, on the last page!

awesmoe fucked around with this message at 03:39 on Nov 12, 2014

Dav
Nov 6, 2009
After playing through the first couple battles Valkyria wouldn't let me save until I went through a bunch of tutorials about HQ...then crashed when I finished them. And apparently the game doesn't have an autosave. Damnit.

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

DAIJOUBU!! ... Daijoubu ?? ?

Dav posted:

After playing through the first couple battles Valkyria wouldn't let me save until I went through a bunch of tutorials about HQ...then crashed when I finished them. And apparently the game doesn't have an autosave. Damnit.
I don't know, after the first tutorial fight in the field, the game pretty explicitly stated 'Press this to open the menu in the book. This is how you save." The game seems pretty good with allowing you to save after each battle and cutscene.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Locking gameplay that clearly should be part of the base game behind microtransactions is crappy, but how is it any different from the way a lot of these companies already implement DLC?

e: except for the idea of rental dlc. that's particularly gross.

Dav
Nov 6, 2009

Niggurath posted:

I don't know, after the first tutorial fight in the field, the game pretty explicitly stated 'Press this to open the menu in the book. This is how you save." The game seems pretty good with allowing you to save after each battle and cutscene.

It was until the HQ bit where it wouldn't let me go back to the book without completing all the HQ tutorials. Which would have been less annoying if it hadn't crashed as soon as I finished them and tried to go back to the book.

boofs
Feb 21, 2006

not this apple
Somebody please take these Insurgencys

https://www.humblebundle.com/?gift=ep5UeGrrpUuznBBd

404notfound
Mar 5, 2006

stop staring at me

Grabbed this, thanks!

Dbhjed
Jul 20, 2006

Homework?!
Lipstick Apathy

Thank you good sir, I am sure these will be put to good use

Hellburger99
Jan 24, 2006

"I don't like that mooch...
or her pooch!
"
Oh man what am I going to do with all these Insurgency keys? https://www.humblebundle.com/?gift=84c8KFMheRc2u6Yx

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat
We're certainly giving the lurker bots a run for their money today.

HPanda
Sep 5, 2008
Lurker bots, advance!

https://www.humblebundle.com/?gift=SYKd7WzSMTVwuXSC (Insurgency)

smenj
Oct 10, 2012

Dav posted:

It was until the HQ bit where it wouldn't let me go back to the book without completing all the HQ tutorials. Which would have been less annoying if it hadn't crashed as soon as I finished them and tried to go back to the book.

It seems to be crashing for a fair few people there. No idea what triggers it, since it seems to happen a bit randomly (for example, it didn't happen to me, and for some others it's happened the first time, and then not when they played through again without changing anything). I suppose you'll either have to wait for a patch or just try again and hope it works this time? Perhaps you could not downsample or whatever for that specific part if you give it another go, just in case that's the issue.

You'll probably be okay afterwards though, since it just seems to be that specific point that's the problem, weirdly. At least, I haven't seen any complaints about it happening anywhere else.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

What's with Insurgency? Is it supposed to be good or are they just throwing keys out of a truck?

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Buying the latest Humble Bundle gives you three extra keys for it much like Risk of Rain a while ago.

tehsid
Dec 24, 2007

Nobility is sadly overrated.

SynthOrange posted:

What's with Insurgency? Is it supposed to be good or are they just throwing keys out of a truck?

It is a very good mp shooter. That price is an absolute steal.

Dav
Nov 6, 2009

smenj posted:

It seems to be crashing for a fair few people there. No idea what triggers it, since it seems to happen a bit randomly (for example, it didn't happen to me, and for some others it's happened the first time, and then not when they played through again without changing anything). I suppose you'll either have to wait for a patch or just try again and hope it works this time? Perhaps you could not downsample or whatever for that specific part if you give it another go, just in case that's the issue.

You'll probably be okay afterwards though, since it just seems to be that specific point that's the problem, weirdly. At least, I haven't seen any complaints about it happening anywhere else.

Went fine (if somewhat tediously...) the second time, so hopefully all is well now.

IrvingWashington
Dec 9, 2007

Shabbat Shalom
Clapping Larry
Two more Insurgency copies to give away:

https://www.humblebundle.com/?gift=KAwNEVr78WU3UXVh

AfroSquirrel
Sep 3, 2011

I have rescued this key from a terrible fate.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY
I swear I've been able to find Resident Evil 6 play buddies faster when that game was 10 bucks. For the past few hours, dozens of goons, if not at least a hundred, have gotten the game. The thread is not that active even with several keys being given out, no one in SA goons is talking about it, the mumble is empty, and the goon insurgency group chat is empty.

I'm convinced 90% of the people nabbing it are inflating their libraries.

RadicalR
Jan 20, 2008

"Businessmen are the symbol of a free society
---
the symbol of America."

smenj posted:

Yeah, I enabled downsampling from 4K in GeDoSaTo, went into the configuration utility for the game, disabled V-sync, set the frame limit to my monitor's refresh rate, then went into Catalyst and forced V-sync through there. That sorted things for me.

Nope, it's still running slow as balls. Perhaps my card can't handle it?

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

Morter posted:

I swear I've been able to find Resident Evil 6 play buddies faster when that game was 10 bucks. For the past few hours, dozens of goons, if not at least a hundred, have gotten the game. The thread is not that active even with several keys being given out, no one in SA goons is talking about it, the mumble is empty, and the goon insurgency group chat is empty.

It does have cards.

Tezzeract
Dec 25, 2007

Think I took a wrong turn...

Morter posted:

Is RE6 even good? I tried playing the coop campaign with a friend and we got completely sick of it. The game compares unfavorably to actual good shooters.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

Morter posted:

Not everyone gets a game, downloads the entire installation, and then immediately starts up and tries the game out within a "few hours" time. In fact I'd say very, very few people would do that.

Sivek
Nov 12, 2012

RadicalR posted:

Nope, it's still running slow as balls. Perhaps my card can't handle it?

Possibly, I'm playing at 4k downsampled and have a consistent 60FPS, though my set-up is relatively new. I can't get over how fast it saves, thought it wasn't saving at all at first.

Maybe try adaptive V-Sync if that's an option instead of regular.

Sivek fucked around with this message at 04:42 on Nov 12, 2014

Batch
Jul 13, 2007
Insurgency! https://www.humblebundle.com/?gift=zfYs483UUyTBDr4Z

Isaacs Alter Ego
Sep 18, 2007

Morter posted:

What? Is RE6 cheap somewhere or did you drift into talking about insurgency after one sentence?

Nages
Dec 31, 2011

Just yell at her like you always do. Bitch, get out of the way!

Thanks.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Isaacs Alter Ego posted:

What? Is RE6 cheap somewhere or did you drift into talking about insurgency after one sentence?
It's a comparison of the two.

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage

More Insurgency for the taking: https://www.humblebundle.com/?gift=nKFtekCCctCtyAKK

Luisfe
Aug 17, 2005

Hee-lo-ho!

Tezzeract posted:

Is RE6 even good? I tried playing the coop campaign with a friend and we got completely sick of it. The game compares unfavorably to actual good shooters.

That's cuz it is is not a shooter.

You only use guns to set up sweet rear end melee.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Grabbed. Thanks

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY

Isaacs Alter Ego posted:

RE6 was on sale some weeks back. And yeah, poor subject switching on my part. :smith:

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009
Was Final Fantasy 13-2 any good?

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Helical Nightmares posted:

Was Final Fantasy 13-2 any good?

It was better than FF13.

crestfallen
Aug 2, 2009

Hi.
I think the consensus is that if you're going to pick up an FF13 game, Lightning Returns is the one to get.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
I want to see Ogre Tactics LUCT and FFT on Steam. Where are my incredibly niche anime games. :argh:

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

Azran posted:

Where are my incredibly niche anime games. :argh:

On the Vita. Forever.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Well, I took a Metro 2033 key from when it was free on humble but I don't have anyone to give it to, so here you go thread:

https://www.humblebundle.com/gift?key=ebvrdGcF7c7MfUaq

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005
God drat Valkyria Chronicles looks amazing with GeDoSaTo. It keeps crashing when I try to close the application though (seems stable during play at least).

• Locked thread