Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I really can't believe how badly this runs. It's utterly inexcusible. Constant glitches, insanely bad framerate, it's just seriously unbelievable how bad a job they did on this. It's worse than AC3.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

macnbc
Dec 13, 2006

brb, time travelin'

Snuffman posted:

If you already have an Initiates account, don't try to create one in game.

Bye bye Initiates account I've had since Initiates launched. :(

My account got wiped and reset. Badges, levels, all gone. I know the values changed when initiates relaunched, but mine got reset to squat when I was level 2 or 3 yesterday.

Also, despite using the AC Unity app, and unlocking some blue chests in the app, I still cant open them in game.

Initiates is just not syncing properly right now. It says I'm level 1 and don't own any AC games even though I've played all of them. I'm sure they'll get it hooked up properly.. eventually.

I also wouldn't worry about it. Initiates sync was fickle on the old version alongside AC4 too. My level went up or down by several numbers day-to-day depending on what it felt like syncing.

ImpAtom posted:

It's worse than AC3.

Metacritic agrees!

Daily Forecast
Dec 25, 2008

by R. Guyovich
I created a new intiates account, because I never had one before, through the game. And everything just says 'coming soon' and none of my assassin's creed games are linked in there. Does it just need time to unfuck itself or do I need to do something?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

It deserves it. All the mechanical improvements are utterly wrecked by the fact the game barely runs.

macnbc
Dec 13, 2006

brb, time travelin'
Out of curiosity I went back to see how the different AC games rank according to Metacritic. Going off them (using 360 for everything except Unity, which I picked XB1 since it has the most reviews), here's how it currently stands, with titles released today in bold:

1. Assassin's Creed II (90)
2. Assassin's Creed Brotherhood (89)
3. Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag (86)
4 (T). Assassin's Creed Rogue (84)
4 (T). Assassin's Creed III (84)
6. Assassin's Creed (81)
7. Assassin's Creed Revelations (80)
8. Assassin's Creed Unity (76)
9. Assassin's Creed Liberation HD (62)

Edit:

Daily Forecast posted:

I created a new intiates account, because I never had one before, through the game. And everything just says 'coming soon' and none of my assassin's creed games are linked in there. Does it just need time to unfuck itself or do I need to do something?

Give it time. As far as I can tell nobody's games are synced up properly yet.

macnbc fucked around with this message at 04:27 on Nov 12, 2014

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

not sure how ubisoft was claiming "this uses the full power of ps4/xbone" when Mordor looks, operates, and plays better at this rate, I'm getting stuck on windows and couches under cover for god's sake. Mordor had a "snap" into cover but it let you move off it easy, too.

ManlyGrunting
May 29, 2014
So with this all being said, the important question arises:

are the glitches as goddamn hilarious as in AC3? Because that was half of the fun of that game.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

MinibarMatchman posted:

not sure how ubisoft was claiming "this uses the full power of ps4/xbone" when Mordor looks, operates, and plays better at this rate, I'm getting stuck on windows and couches under cover for god's sake. Mordor had a "snap" into cover but it let you move off it easy, too.

because mordor isn't powering a billion animations per second on crowds that add nothing to the game, its only drawing a couple dozen awesome fun orc budz for you to mess with in an interesting an engaging way.

Al Harrington
May 1, 2005

I used to be an adventurer like you, then I took an arrow in the eye

ManlyGrunting posted:

So with this all being said, the important question arises:

are the glitches as goddamn hilarious as in AC3? Because that was half of the fun of that game.

the game breaking ones are the best, in AC the first time I played it I couldn't get the 1st target to show up no matter how many times I restarted
in AC3 the captain or whatever at a fort never showed up so I could never capture it, and I've fallen out of the map in every game in between

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I just encountered Helix Credits for the first time. I... I think I need to turn off the game a bit. It's like something out of a parody.

Eponymous
Feb 4, 2008

Maybe I just want to be happy, huh?! Maybe I want my life to not be a trainwreck for five GOD DAMN minutes?!
I might be misinterpreting something here, but (fairly early and obvious spoilers) why is Arno getting blamed for his not-dad's death? Yes, he didn't deliver the note, but... the guy didn't seem to return that day. If Arno'd done his duty and stayed home until the guy (jesus did this game not make me care enough about him to remember his name) returned, the exact same thing would've happened, just without the framing. Am I missing something? I'm selling the game back tomorrow, so if there's plot clarification later (hah) I'm not going to get it.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

ImpAtom posted:

It deserves it. All the mechanical improvements are utterly wrecked by the fact the game barely runs.

I have zero issues with the game, runs smooth as hell. Its so crazy detailed.

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.
How is Freedom Cry? I want some AC but I only got 15 PSN bucks.

Al Harrington
May 1, 2005

I used to be an adventurer like you, then I took an arrow in the eye
drat I got curious and visited the steam page for it

User reviews: Mostly Negative (488 reviews)
Release Date: Nov 11, 2014

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
I jumped into a coop game and it appeared to be just open world with no objectives or anything, and no one listening or responding voice comm, so I got bored and quit. Is that typical for multiplayer in this game?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Tenzarin posted:

I have zero issues with the game, runs smooth as hell. Its so crazy detailed.

Congrads on having a magical version that runs better than everyone else then. It would be nice if you would share it with everyone else.

James Woods Fan posted:

It's okay, but sort of just like a bite-sized AC4.

Samurai Sanders posted:

I jumped into a coop game and it appeared to be just open world with no objectives or anything, and no one listening or responding voice comm, so I got bored and quit. Is that typical for multiplayer in this game?

There are objectives but yeah, nobody seems to work together.

effervescible
Jun 29, 2012

i will eat your soul

Eponymous posted:

I might be misinterpreting something here, but (fairly early and obvious spoilers) why is Arno getting blamed for his not-dad's death? Yes, he didn't deliver the note, but... the guy didn't seem to return that day. If Arno'd done his duty and stayed home until the guy (jesus did this game not make me care enough about him to remember his name) returned, the exact same thing would've happened, just without the framing. Am I missing something? I'm selling the game back tomorrow, so if there's plot clarification later (hah) I'm not going to get it.

It's not so much that he's morally responsible for the guy's death, but Elise knows Arno was supposed to deliver the note, probably because the servant Arno took it from told her. So yes, Arno had no way of knowing the consequences, but Elise knows that if her boyfriend had done what he said he would do instead of sneaking after her to make out, her father would likely still be alive. That's a tough thing to shrug off.

I played up to getting Arno's standard blue coat of being A Real Assassin, and I'm having a really good time. The characters and story are good, I'm still getting used to the gameplay but like several of the changes, and I haven't had many technical issues—a few cases of weird clipping, some stuttering in that stained glass chapel and at one point Arno went straight into stealth/crouch mode on his own (but I just untoggled it). I don't doubt that some people are having a lot of problems, but it's just not happening for me. Maybe it's worse in PC, since Ubisoft apparently sucks at that? All my friends who are playing it on PS4 are having a pretty normal time, but that's just a small sample size.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

ImpAtom posted:

There are objectives but yeah, nobody seems to work together.
What do they look like? I didn't see any markers or anything. None of the other players knew what to do either and were silently milling about.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Samurai Sanders posted:

What do they look like? I didn't see any markers or anything. None of the other players knew what to do either and were silently milling about.

That's odd. They popped up in bright obvious markers for me.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
I am starting to think this may not be the most cunningly designed game.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Samurai Sanders posted:

I am starting to think this may not be the most cunningly designed game.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Is the game only paris? because the map seems loving huge.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 25 days!

James Woods Fan posted:

You chop up slavers with a huge rear end machete and Adewale is a cool dude with a rad accent. It's not as huge as Black Flag, and there are no shanties (:(), but I enjoyed it.

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

I can't wait until every Ubi game requires micro transactions to have even an iota of fun. Looks like Black Flag was my last rear end Creed game.

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

ZeeBoi posted:

I can't wait until every Ubi game requires micro transactions to have even an iota of fun. Looks like Black Flag was my last rear end Creed game.

What are the micro's in Unity anyways? I've heard a lot of complaining but no real details.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Tracula posted:

What are the micro's in Unity anyways? I've heard a lot of complaining but no real details.

Unlock stuff for money instead of cash if you're lazy.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Aphrodite posted:

Unlock stuff for money instead of cash if you're lazy.
Yeah, it's the usual deal, and meaningless for people who are going to put a lot of hours into the game anyway. I don't understand why people get all riled up...unless you accumulate money through gameplay at a much lower rate than usual, anyway. I can't tell yet.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 25 days!
How long would it take you to get the cash needed to unlock poo poo?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Tenzarin posted:

Is the game only paris? because the map seems loving huge.

yeah but there's a tiny Versailles map too

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Capn Beeb posted:

The high-end swords are completely ridiculously expensive while they 'only' cost 1000 Fakebux. Maybe money accumulates more quickly in Unity but I kinda doubt it since they want to encourage you to buy their funbux.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
How do I switch weapons anyway? That wasn't part of any tutorial. It doesn't seem to be assigned to the d-pad in any way I can see. Or am I really only carrying one weapon + my hidden blade?

effervescible
Jun 29, 2012

i will eat your soul
If it's like every other game in the series with a money system, it'll come in at a slow trickle at first, and by the end you'll wonder what the hell to spend your vast riches on.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Samurai Sanders posted:

How do I switch weapons anyway? That wasn't part of any tutorial. It doesn't seem to be assigned to the d-pad in any way I can see.

I think you can only equip one.

So I guess you switch from the customization menu.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Aphrodite posted:

I think you can only equip one.

So I guess you switch from the customization menu.
Oh, weird. That's actually what I kinda wanted, but I was expecting it to be optional at most.

The Saboteur
Dec 25, 2005
My good friend Fink bought me this account for Christmas because he kicks ass.
Is it reasonable to expect that these framerate issues can even be patched? I've never really run into an issue like this on a console game and am genuinely curious.

Snuffman
May 21, 2004

Capn Beeb posted:

Much like every Asscreed game since 2, there's a system by which you can generate x cash every 15/20 minutes, which can then be retrieved. In this case you're renovating a cafe/club and subsequent network of cafe's in each district.

I broke the game by blitzing renovating the main Cafe fully early on, netting me 5k every 15 minutes. Each further Cafe appears to be adding an additional 1k. Where I am in the game, 400-500 bucks is a generous mission reward. Whoops.

What I'm saying is, like every Asscreed game the economy is broken. The only thing stopping me buying "the best stuff" is that it's gated behind sequences and achievements.

There is no reason to spend real money on helix points. Ever.

Related, the last mission for the main Cafe is goddamn hard at level 2. I earned my game break. :mad:

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

This game feels like a great sequel to Assassin's Creed 1.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

socialsecurity posted:

This game feels like a great sequel to Assassin's Creed 1.
Well, people (like me) did say they wanted the series to get back to basics, but maybe they misinterpreted that.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 25 days!

ImpAtom posted:

The high-end swords are completely ridiculously expensive while they 'only' cost 1000 Fakebux. Maybe money accumulates more quickly in Unity but I kinda doubt it since they want to encourage you to buy their funbux.

Is it possible to get the high end stuff within a reasonable amount of time? Is there a money generating thing like in the past games? Because yeah putting poo poo behind a paywall as a means of enticing the MUST HAVE NOW WAIT IS DUMB idiots is one thing, but buttoning it up and saying "haha what are you gonna do, grind forever for just one of these toys? no you're not, buy it now" is another. They're both lovely, though.

And to say nothing of poo poo just being unlocked with real money or nothing, but there's none of that here. I don't think so, anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

Samurai Sanders posted:

Well, people (like me) did say they wanted the series to get back to basics, but maybe they misinterpreted that.

Those peeps are dumb as hell since Black Flag was the only good asscreed game.

Lol and peeps who still bought this and continue to defend it.

• Locked thread