Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!
I'll be on a flight almost the whole time thus sparing the last dash of hope disappearing.

The pad thai at perth domestic is poo poo beyond belief. Go elsewhere.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete
What's the world coming to when you can't even get good Thai food in a domestic airport terminal?

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Bruce injured :(

Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete
Melbourne Victory defenders unable to play this weekend: Ansell, Delpierre, Galloway, Georgievski, Geria, Milligan.

:negative:

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Jeezus. If CC can't score with no backline against them they're more hopeless than I thought.

Adelaide are all over 'em early, too. Wouldn't be surprised to see a goal or two before half time.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Curse you football. 6 shots to 1 and no score for anyone :smith:

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

:lol: training ground set piece gets our first goal!

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Heyyyyy baby (hoo ha) I wanna knooooow did you see that goal?

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

MysticalMachineGun posted:

Heyyyyy baby (hoo ha) I wanna knooooow did you see that goal?

hoo ha!

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
The answer is no, btw

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

LordPants posted:

The answer is no, btw

Ha ha :)

But awww poo poo early 2nd half goal and we're back to 2-1.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Ahaha that ball is so amateur league looking, it looks ilke they just went to sportsco and bought what was cheapest.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Looks alright to me. Watching the Premier League on the weekend the current ball is yellow with purple stripey things.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Oh no matt simon

Said no one ever

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

And now Matt Simon (Mariners goal scorer) has pulled up sore.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

You can see it on his face in the replay 'auuuuugh poo poo I wasn't even meant to be on yet'

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Yeah Adelaide is awesome I agree mr foxsports man

Adnar
Jul 11, 2002

I think Ned Zelic has had an aneurism

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Adnar posted:

I think Ned Zelic has had an aneurism

For the first half he was pretty much yelling and then immediately laughing when he spoke. It was weird.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

MysticalMachineGun posted:

For the first half he was pretty much yelling and then immediately laughing when he spoke. It was weird.

he must have... enjoyed himself too much before hand.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

That was my first thought. A few too many pregame pales due to the heat.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Victory :toot:

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

We're in the final! :woop:

Tongues
Aug 28, 2009

But I think those are eyes...
(source)
Goddamnit I missed another sweet game due to having a bad case of the shitbrains. Looked like a pretty good one too, with a mice crowd for a midweek fixture.

Apparently some people were weirded out by the placement of the camera or something? Like it was on the opposite side of the pitch compared to usual and once it was noticed it tripped people out.

Tongues
Aug 28, 2009

(source)

Shmoses posted:

Melbourne Victory defenders unable to play this weekend: Ansell, Delpierre, Galloway, Georgievski, Geria, Milligan.

:negative:

Leijer is available :downs:

Seriously how the gently caress does he still have a job, if I was this useless at my only job after a million years of not improving I'd be back on jobseekers. And not the good jobseekers, like stream 4 for the real hard cases.

All said I like CCM though so if we're the team that plays them back into form gently caress it. They've been through enough having to deal with Moss in charge

Tongues
Aug 28, 2009

(source)

Triple posting like a mother hosed but I don't know how to do multiple quotes on the phone :dealwithit:

This is even more poo poo when you realise that he was probably gonna get a call up to the Roos soon on account of his good form. But at least he didn't do a Atonis and crash his car on the way to the airport

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Tongues posted:

Apparently some people were weirded out by the placement of the camera or something? Like it was on the opposite side of the pitch compared to usual and once it was noticed it tripped people out.

Yeah, it was facing the members rather than out from the members. They were in a temporary commentary position for some reason. If they mentioned why, I missed it.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I wanna take my g/f to the Jets game tomorrow but I don't wanna pay $40 to watch them lose to the loving Roar

Twat le Piss
Aug 4, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Tongues posted:

Apologies in advance, Alex - I see this get bought up a bit (by South fans mostly), and it's good for discussion!

They get big crowds for the NPL (ranging from a few thousand in big games to around a thousand on the regular), but there's not necessarily the same large untapped and dissatisfied community that, say, Western Sydney had that is hanging out for top flight representation. A lot of people are nostaligic about the Hellas being in the A League but it isn't realistic - if they had the fans and support they claim would materialize you would expect to have seen it when they recently went 13 games undefeated in the NPL on their way to the title, and this didn't happen.

They've had the history, and probably did deserve to be the second team, but the ship has absolutely sailed on them being the third - Lakeside stadium has a loving running track and athletic equipment around it that they can't touch for forty years. The SMFC board has also been vocally critical of the A league (and the FFV about the NPL, and rightfully so in many cases), and the majority of their supporters are simaltaneously derisive of the competition as a whole and absolutely convinced that their presence is necessary. Trust me, people who insist on only following big teams and leagues can be frustrating to deal with at times, but nothing is as bad as the ones who can't accept that their favourite club isn't top of the pile any more.

I hope this doesn't read as being argumentative, and hopefully someone else can chime in with a bit of experience.

Regarding how the set up will work, I'm not entirely sure. It's likely that it will be the youth or development squads from each club playing the NPL season (roughly marchish to September), and then head into the NYL which I believe follows the summer format. Theoretically, they'd be playing all year round and would hopefully get senior experience - I think Brisbane roar and Perth glory youth already do this in NPL Queensland and NPL WA.

Hi op, I confess the only thing I know about them is from the same link Adnar posted that I read about a week or so ago, Sydney FC has my heart and scarf money.

Mustafa
Jun 3, 2007
Hay, screw you

bowmore posted:

I wanna take my g/f to the Jets game tomorrow but I don't wanna pay $40 to watch them lose to the loving Roar

Bowmore we always struggle against the Jets, I'm sure you'll be fine.

Adnar
Jul 11, 2002

Aren't Jets tickets really cheap or is that just memberships?

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Adnar posted:

Aren't Jets tickets really cheap or is that just memberships?
Memberships. I'm considering signing up just because of how cheap they are.

Mustafa
Jun 3, 2007
Hay, screw you
C'mon Roar let's get our season started.

Tongues
Aug 28, 2009

(source)
Do what we couldn't and leave that horrible place with points

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Nah C'mon Jets start your season here

Tongues
Aug 28, 2009

(source)

bowmore posted:

Nah C'mon Jets start your season here

WELL NOW I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO THINK

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Tongues posted:

WELL NOW I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO THINK
Go Jets, the biggest underdogs in the league?

Tongues
Aug 28, 2009

(source)
Fine but I'm not happy about it.

Harumph

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
yay

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tongues
Aug 28, 2009

(source)
I do enjoy the speccy-esque dumping of Solorzano, so we're off to a good start here.\

Hopefully the Jets get up and about a bit here, I think their active support sorted something out but I can't hear a loving thing

• Locked thread