Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Famous TV Dad
Nov 1, 2011

JordanKai posted:

Japanese Kirby & The Rainbow Curse box art! :3:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BOPlK10Rcdk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

F. Lobot
Jul 6, 2010

Supercar Gautier posted:

The Gamecube controller doesn't have any special secret sauce that makes it uniquely good for SSB, other than familiarity to a lot of players.

Not true. The shape of the C-stick makes it easier to flick than a standard right analog. Also Melee made use of the analog triggers, which exist only on GCC and original classic controller. (seriously how are you supposed to play a driving game without that?)

It's also the only controller that's wired.

Shelf Adventure
Jul 18, 2006
I'm down with that brother
How am I meant to play a driving game when I'm playing smash brothers without these analogue triggers???

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

JordanKai posted:

Japanese Kirby & The Rainbow Curse box art! :3:

I found this picture of the American Rainbow Curse box art!

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

Help Im Alive posted:

Nintendo made this extremely adorable thing to teach kids about Nintendo IDs

http://www.nintendo.co.uk/Misc-/Nintendo-Extra-929535.html?issue=01&article=nnid

Nikki lives.

Also that Kirby box is so adorable, how could the final boss be anything but a screaming horror from beyond our understanding of reality at this point?

Ultigonio
Oct 26, 2012

Well now.

Random Stranger posted:

Huge missed opportunity to have the eyebrows look like they were drawn by the stylus. I am ultra disappointed.

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines

davey4283 posted:

So uh I live in Abu Dhabi and a few weeks ago I found a place that sells NA region games for WiiU. I went in today and asked about amiibos.

Does it have a Club Nintendo code? Here in the Philippines we get a mix of NA-region 3DS games and UAE-region 3DS games, which, as far as I can tell, are really just NA-region games repackaged without the code. Annoyingly, we get the UAE versions anywhere between zero to four weeks before the NA versions.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Viewtiful Jew posted:

Nikki lives.

Also that Kirby box is so adorable, how could the final boss be anything but a screaming horror from beyond our understanding of reality at this point?

I'm not-so-secretly hoping it's Drawcia again somehow. She had one of my favorite designs from the series.

I am curious to what the deal is with all the paint people lately. Drawcia, Paintra, and now there's this little paintbrush fairy thing.

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

Claymation Kirby is gonna own. Captain Toad gonna Own. The DLC for mario kart is gonna own. God drat Nintendo is off the charts.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

virtualboyCOLOR posted:

Claymation Kirby is gonna own. Captain Toad gonna Own. The DLC for mario kart is gonna own. God drat Nintendo is off the charts.

This is true.

Smash Wii U is now available to pre-load on the eShop.

Safety Scissors
Feb 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I lona smash U can come with a controller and adapter, but are there any controller bundles if I want more controllers?

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Random Stranger posted:

man you beat me

Nolgthorn
Jan 30, 2001

The pendulum of the mind alternates between sense and nonsense

F. Lobot posted:

Not true. The shape of the C-stick makes it easier to flick than a standard right analog. Also Melee made use of the analog triggers, which exist only on GCC and original classic controller. (seriously how are you supposed to play a driving game without that?)

Any driving or racing type game on the Wii U would be impossible to play without a GCN controller so hopefully they aren't going to release anything like that.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

Was Canvas Curse any good. Should I look for Canvas Curse somewhere

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I hate stylus controlled games and I loved it. Find it.

.TakaM
Oct 30, 2007

oddium posted:

Was Canvas Curse any good. Should I look for Canvas Curse somewhere
Canvas Curse was the first DS game that proved touch screen controls to me, I really loved that game and the sequel looks even better

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

.TakaM posted:

Canvas Curse was the first DS game that proved touch screen controls to me, I really loved that game and the sequel looks even better

Pretty sure Canvas Curse was the first DS game actually worth having. Apart from a port of Mario 64 with wonkier controls, I guess.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Nolgthorn posted:

Any driving or racing type game on the Wii U would be impossible to play without a GCN controller so hopefully they aren't going to release anything like that.

F-Zero doesn't need analog triggers.

Of course we are never getting a new F-zero so the point is rather moot.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Help Im Alive posted:

Nintendo made this extremely adorable thing to teach kids about Nintendo IDs

http://www.nintendo.co.uk/Misc-/Nintendo-Extra-929535.html?issue=01&article=nnid
gently caress Panda and his loving secrets :argh:

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

Andrast posted:

Are you insane

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

oddium posted:

Are you insane

Not really, I just want to justify a new F-zero for Wii U.

Famous TV Dad
Nov 1, 2011

oddium posted:

Are you insane

why would fzero need analog. theres only two useful speeds: max speed and boost.

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Andrast posted:

Of course we are never getting a new F-zero so the point is rather moot.

"im using tilt controls"

E: lol I realized I thought you said analog sticks. Nevermind this post makes no sense

Bread Set Jettison fucked around with this message at 21:50 on Nov 12, 2014

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
If at any point you've pressed the brake button or took your finger off the gas in an F-Zero game just do us a favor and loving kill yourself.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Famous TV Dad posted:

why would fzero need analog. theres only two useful speeds: max speed and boost.

Acceleration is not mapped to the triggers in GX.

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

Louisgod posted:

If at any point you've pressed the brake button or took your finger off the gas in an F-Zero game just do us a favor and loving kill yourself.

Um, the very first stage (Mute City, SNES) you can't get around the last turn without letting off the gas for a split second, even with R pushed down, even with the pink car. Soooooo unless you're just a doofus who likes smashing into walls on purpose, idk

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Tatsuta Age posted:

Um, the very first stage (Mute City, SNES) you can't get around the last turn without letting off the gas for a split second, even with R pushed down, even with the pink car. Soooooo unless you're just a doofus who likes smashing into walls on purpose, idk

Sorry, should've specified F-Zero GX, the only F-Zero that matters.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

Listen folks, I've beaten F-Zero GX's story mode on Very Hard and let me tell you: F-Zero needs analog triggers

Famous TV Dad
Nov 1, 2011

most really good arcade racers dont need a brake button much less analog triggers.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Its okay, you can just use the balance board for pedals.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Famous TV Dad posted:

most really good arcade racers dont need a brake button much less analog triggers.

F-Zero GX is really loving hard man. It's not a casual arcade racer. That's also a large part of the reason why getting a new one is unlikely.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

Most Wii U threads don't need Famous TV Dad posting but here we are

Shelf Adventure
Jul 18, 2006
I'm down with that brother

Louisgod posted:

This is how I drive in real life.

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

If Nintendo announces Wii U ports of F-Zero GX and other classic titles that made invaluable use of analog triggers, then I will get a Gamecube adapter, but until that day comes I think I probably won't.

Famous TV Dad
Nov 1, 2011

Andrast posted:

F-Zero GX is really loving hard man. It's not a casual arcade racer. That's also a large part of the reason why getting a new one is unlikely.

yeah i agree we probably wont see a new f-zero

oddium posted:

Most Wii U threads don't need Famous TV Dad posting but here we are

settle down beavis

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Shelf Adventure posted:

This is how I drive in real life.

One night when I was 19 or 20 when Double Dash first came out, I played it all night with friends until like 4 am. Was extremely tired and decided to drive home and as I was turning to an offramp from a highway I instinctively started jerking my steering wheel back and forth trying to get blue sparks and almost crashed.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

Famous TV Dad posted:

settle down beavis

I'm just getting started :twisted:

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

What are you guys talking about, there was already an excellent Wii U F-Zero game

Thrills, Twists and Turns

wafflemoose
Apr 10, 2009

The only reason F-Zero GX's story mode was so drat difficult was to get people to go out and play the arcade version. This plan might have worked if Nintendo put more than 10 machines in the entire USA.

Yeah, I really hate F-Zero GX's story mode, it's the main reason why Captain Falcon is my punching bag in Smash Bros.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Louisgod posted:

One night when I was 19 or 20 when Double Dash first came out, I played it all night with friends until like 4 am. Was extremely tired and decided to drive home and as I was turning to an offramp from a highway I instinctively started jerking my steering wheel back and forth trying to get blue sparks and almost crashed.

Were you at least humming the Waluigi Stadium track while this was happening?

• Locked thread