Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Big Grunty Secret
Aug 28, 2007

Just one question, though. Is there a way to take off my pants?

Paladinus posted:

How do Americans pronounce the name of their Worcester?

Wuss-ta or Wuss-ter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

twoday posted:

NPR sells t shirts with this on it and I just bought one.

I can't find them on the site, and I really want one.

edit: nevermind, I am dumb.

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author

SpaceGoatFarts posted:

I hope you like talking about pig rectums.

Connoisseurs such as myself prefer to call it "hog bung"

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Zizek?

Maytag
Nov 4, 2006

it's enough that it all be filled with that majestic sadness that is the pleasure of tragedy.
I pronounce "shut up goons" like

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Mods, somebody posted a funny picture in the "incessantly discuss how you pronounce poo poo" thread. Please probate.

ArtIsResistance
May 19, 2007

QUEEN OF FRANCE, SAVIOR OF LOWTAX
people are posting... words?? again?

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

GEORGE IS GETTIN' AUGMENTED!
Dinosaur Gum
The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Post Your Favorite (or Request) > PYF Funny Pictures Part XIV: Picture goons mispronouncing words forever

Bad Sneakers
Sep 4, 2004

me irl

Memento posted:

Here is a funny picture.

What the gently caress, America? What even are those words? Kitty wampus? I assume someone at the NYT is taking the piss with these.

Cattywampus is when poo poo's all hosed, like when a cat jumps on the table the magazines get all cattywampus.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

Could I just ask, what's the reference for that guy going cross eyed and falling over backwards emoticon used here a lot to convey amazement? I don't have cable or anything and have always wondered.

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

Blind Rasputin posted:

Could I just ask, what's the reference for that guy going cross eyed and falling over backwards emoticon used here a lot to convey amazement? I don't have cable or anything and have always wondered.

I'm pretty sure you're talking about this one:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GVNu4HEAE5c&t=242s

N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted
that guy had a big ole peenie wallie

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

AFewBricksShy posted:

I'm pretty sure you're talking about this one:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GVNu4HEAE5c&t=242s

I like the ad for "Forceable Entry" that pops up during Vince's "multiple orgasms"

Untasid
Jul 8, 2008

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

ESA dudes sure know how to dress for the occasion when they land a probe on a comet...

Sokoban
Feb 16, 2011

THUNDERDOME
LOSER

mcbexx posted:

ESA dudes sure know how to dress for the occasion when they land a probe on a comet...

The more I stare at that shirt the more I like.

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

mcbexx posted:

To be fair, if that shirt was hanging in my closet, I'd have a hard time wearing anything else today.

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

Just cause you can't eat it doesn't make it any less delicious :colbert:

IamnotJoe
Jul 24, 2005
Maybe Steve.

mcbexx posted:

I need this shirt.

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

mcrib is back

Keetron
Sep 26, 2008

Check out my enormous testicles in my TFLC log!

mcbexx posted:

I want to believe he lost (or won!) a bet or a raffle or something.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Gromit posted:

It says I'm from Yonkers or Jersey City, or maybe the tip of Florida. As a British-born Australian, do those places have a lot of filthy foreigners?

It put me in Yonkers, Jersey City and New York too. Apparently people from this Yonkers place that I've never heard of speak the way non-Americans expect Americans to speak.

m2pt5
May 18, 2005

THAT GOD DAMN MOSQUITO JUST KEEPS COMING BACK

May Contain Nuts
Sep 12, 2007

but still delicious

But none of the people in the photo look like people who would eat there. Even the people eating there.

ColHannibal
Sep 17, 2007

SmokaDustbowl posted:

mcrib is back

Fun fact, pork butt is used as imitation calamari.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

May Contain Nuts posted:

But none of the people in the photo look like people who would eat there. Even the people eating there.

Have you never been to an American fair? That poo poo is fair food. Everything is deep fried and sold for entirely too much money but since it's seasonal people who normally wouldn't eat that poo poo eat that poo poo up.

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

Just gotta keep walking down that road.

Oh USA, you've got all that money and power and this is the mental image most people in the world have when they think about your country.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

Kanfy posted:

Oh USA, you've got all that money and power and this is the mental image most people in the world have when they think about your country.

And yet Mexico is the most obese nation.

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.

Len posted:

Have you never been to an American fair? That poo poo is fair food. Everything is deep fried and sold for entirely too much money but since it's seasonal people who normally wouldn't eat that poo poo eat that poo poo up.

This is pretty much fact. There is one time of the year that I will eat fried chicken in a waffle cone with sausage gravy and a chocolate malt ball at the bottom, and that's at the Minnesota State Fair for $9.

(It was loving amazingly delicious, too.)

e: This is what I'm referring to.

RyokoTK has a new favorite as of 20:44 on Nov 12, 2014

Rat Patrol
Feb 15, 2008

kill kill kill kill
kill me now

Len posted:

Right, people go to the state fair every summer just to eat weird fried food like idiots, stuff they normally wouldn't ever get.

It's like shame takes an annual two week vacation.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer

mcbexx posted:

If that shirt doesn't come with a switch to make it play "You've got the touch!" by Stan Bush then frankly I am disappointed as I can be.

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

If that shirt doesn't come with a switch to make it play "You've got the touch!" by Stan Bush then frankly I am disappointed as I can be.

I was getting more of a Sammy Hagar 'Heavy Metal' vibe from it.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

mcbexx posted:

I expect he opened his closet, shoved aside the sensible plain white work shirts to reveal this beauty, still packed in plastic, and he whispered "today's the day."

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Assasin's Creed has the best glitches.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

Meh :rolleyes: thats nothing

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

mcbexx posted:

Yeah, I'm willing to be he wore that just because he knew he would be on TV. I like it.

Tony Phillips
Feb 9, 2006

RyokoTK posted:

This is pretty much fact. There is one time of the year that I will eat fried chicken in a waffle cone with sausage gravy and a chocolate malt ball at the bottom, and that's at the Minnesota State Fair for $9.

I refuse to believe that the MN fair can top this year's masterpiece.

Deep-Fried Breakfast On-a-Stick: A sausage patty, one egg and Canadian bacon between two pancakes, dipped in batter and deep-fried on-a-stick.

I drank multiple pints of both mini-donut beer and fuckin' smores beer this year, and the above makes me want to curl up into a heart attack ball and die.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

New Leaf posted:

Yeah, I'm willing to be he wore that just because he knew he would be on TV. I like it.

Based solely off my father's best friend who worked at NASA through the 80s-10's I can state with almost certainty that this shirt has been planned for months and that everyone working on the project knew about it and loved it for just as long.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.
Speaking of Rosetta, this is the image The Washington Post used today:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.

Tony Phillips posted:

I drank multiple pints of both mini-donut beer and fuckin' smores beer this year, and the above makes me want to curl up into a heart attack ball and die.

I missed the Smores beer, but that mini-donut beer was terrible because Lift Bridge is a poo poo brewery. :colbert:

• Locked thread