Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE

xZAOx posted:

Uh...pretty sure it's just a joke. I mean, this entire project deserve a ton of flak, but I don't think he's butthurt over internets.

He seems to be a pathetic person with a giant and very fragile ego :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

Gotta love the visible square tiled textures on the ground.

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES
Listen, making a texture that can be tiled properly is really complex and a totally new technology and also there wasn't one on the unity store in that color.

Technogeek
Sep 9, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

biznatchio posted:

He's attacking with a Fiery Avenger for gently caress's sake.

I can only assume that the skeletons make the EQ1 laugh when they attack.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
:dings:
Taco Defender

Technogeek posted:

I can only assume that the skeletons make the EQ1 laugh when they attack.

Not the exact .wav but yes they do cackle and giggle.

Buane
Nov 28, 2005

When all are one and one is all
To be a rock and not to roll
I'm having more fun following this thread and the developments of Pantheon than I would be having playing any other MMO on the market. Kudos, Brad.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

xZAOx posted:

Listen, making a texture that can be tiled properly is really complex and a totally new technology and also there wasn't one on the unity store in that color.

The sad part is its really easy to make a simple tiling texture for a scene like that. Just open a new 400x400 or 800x800 file in photoshop, run a noise filter at ~10%, drop the saturation to 0, put a colour balance filter skewed all the way to yellow and a little red to get the desired sand colour. Then you chope it into 9 sections by doing thirds vertically and horizontally, flip the outside sections as a new layer over the top and use a mask to burn the inner edge of the base layer with the edges of the top layer. Hey presto a tiling texture of sand that takes ~5 minutes to make at the most.

Rime
Nov 2, 2011

by Games Forum
I wonder if Garriot is secretly passing Brad enough cash to stay afloat, so's to make SotA look better in comparison. :tinfoil:

Pilsner
Nov 23, 2002

Buane posted:

I'm having more fun following this thread and the developments of Pantheon than I would be having playing any other MMO on the market. Kudos, Brad.
For 80% of MMOs, following the SA shitstorm thread is more fun than playing them. :)

bUm
Jan 11, 2011

No More Heroes posted:

Generic 2001 MMO.jpg
Brad could've saved himself and others a lot of money, time, etc. by just starting up his own classic EQ private server if all he's going to do with his new game scam is make EQ1 again. I mean, if you aren't even going to improve it graphically (and probably not mechanically, quality of life, etc. either) then it might've been easier to try adding new lands to a classic EQ1 build.

xZAOx posted:

Here's the others:

Holy loving gear slots batman. Who the gently caress wants 22 different pieces of gear to manage/upgrade? I'm surprised he doesn't allow separate boots and gloves because everything else that possibly could is. Also, why the hell is the right side stuff on the left side of the interface for it and vice versa? Why doesn't the presumable L.Shoulder slot have any text? What the gently caress is an F.Ear? And why would you fill out the action bar only to prove you don't even have 12 unique ability icons yet? Why is the chatbox taking up more than half the screen vertically?

Why does Brad think such poorly polished and dated looking screenshots will excite people!? :psyboom:

Meow Tse-tung
Oct 11, 2004

No one cat should have all that power

bUm posted:

Why is the chatbox taking up more than half the screen vertically?

To make sure people know Spirit of the Wolf exists

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

I guess no one told Brad that mmo design progressed since Everquest.

Sancho
Jul 18, 2003

Such BS dude a next gen MMO needs a slot for each finger & thumb rings too.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

bUm posted:

Also, why the hell is the right side stuff on the left side of the interface for it and vice versa?

I'm guessing it's supposed to be 'paper doll' style, where the front-view puts your character's right arm on the left side of the menu. Doesn't really work if there is no image of your character.

Pilsner
Nov 23, 2002

bUm posted:

Brad could've saved himself and others a lot of money, time, etc. by just starting up his own classic EQ private server if all he's going to do with his new game scam is make EQ1 again. I mean, if you aren't even going to improve it graphically (and probably not mechanically, quality of life, etc. either) then it might've been easier to try adding new lands to a classic EQ1 build.

Holy loving gear slots batman. Who the gently caress wants 22 different pieces of gear to manage/upgrade? I'm surprised he doesn't allow separate boots and gloves because everything else that possibly could is. Also, why the hell is the right side stuff on the left side of the interface for it and vice versa? Why doesn't the presumable L.Shoulder slot have any text? What the gently caress is an F.Ear? And why would you fill out the action bar only to prove you don't even have 12 unique ability icons yet? Why is the chatbox taking up more than half the screen vertically?

Why does Brad think such poorly polished and dated looking screenshots will excite people!? :psyboom:
Hey now, as lame as that screenshot looks, some of us love inventory management! :)

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender

bUm posted:

First he makes a Kickstarter that doesn't meet its goal and people blame it on lack of content, so now he posts regular updates of screenshot and videos and you complain about that too? Wow, just wow. Entitled much? You make me sick. Go troll somewhere else!!!

Gildiss
Aug 24, 2010

Grimey Drawer

bUm posted:

Yeah seriously. If I want to go get that old EQ feel, there's Project 1999, getting a bard to 50 on that scratched that itch pretty drat well.

Mayor McCheese
Sep 20, 2004

Everyone is a mayor... Someday..
Lipstick Apathy

bUm posted:

Holy loving gear slots batman. Who the gently caress wants 22 different pieces of gear to manage/upgrade?

It's cool, man. The only slot that matters is the chest slot. It covers the rest for you. Shoulders, arms, feet -- Chest slot, best slot.

Givin
Jan 24, 2008
Givin of the Internet Hates You
I didn't pay attention to the inventory labels the first look at that screeenshot. I thought it was a talent tree of some sort.

Now that it's been pointed out..... :vince:

Zvim
Sep 18, 2009

Sancho posted:

Such BS dude a next gen MMO needs a slot for each finger & thumb rings too.

Next gen would be the knob bolt and nipple rings.

Zvim
Sep 18, 2009

Gildiss posted:

Yeah seriously. If I want to go get that old EQ feel, there's Project 1999, getting a bard to 50 on that scratched that itch pretty drat well.

So you ran around in wide circles for a month?

Sancho
Jul 18, 2003

more like a few months no?

Gildiss
Aug 24, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Yes, but I was very fast you see and now I no longer want to play MMOs.

God Bless He P1999

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Givin posted:

I didn't pay attention to the inventory labels the first look at that screeenshot. I thought it was a talent tree of some sort.

Now that it's been pointed out..... :vince:

All its missing is nose and toe rings

Huttan
May 15, 2013
Those desert [1] and forest scenes [2] remind me an awful lot of places I used to harvest textile resources in Vanguard. Part of me wonders if he has a copy of the world geometry from VG that he has to reskin for this.

1 - Looks like one is heading west out of Ahgram.
2 - Looks like north of Tursh.

bUm
Jan 11, 2011

Node posted:

First he makes a Kickstarter that doesn't meet its goal and people blame it on lack of content, so now he posts regular updates of screenshot and videos and you complain about that too? Wow, just wow. Entitled much? You make me sick. Go troll somewhere else!!!
Let's be honest: people who wanted actual content wanted it in the same sense comedians want Sarah Palin to run for President: the destination is failure, but it's bound to be an entertaining journey. So far so good.

Sarah Palin seems much better than Brad at extorting money from stupid people though. Obviously Brad should've went Christian MMO Kickstarter -> huge flop the gaming community poo poo on -> use the publicity of people making GBS threads all over it to get himself a conservative radio show about how Chrisitan values are under attack in :911:.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender

bUm posted:

Sarah Palin seems much better than Brad at extorting money from stupid people though. Obviously Brad should've went Christian MMO Kickstarter -> huge flop the gaming community poo poo on -> use the publicity of people making GBS threads all over it to get himself a conservative radio show about how Chrisitan values are under attack in :911:.

He might have tried that, but didn't a Christian MMOG already fail? At least he hired the people who were making that game.

bUm
Jan 11, 2011

Node posted:

He might have tried that, but didn't a Christian MMOG already fail? At least he hired the people who were making that game.
But Brad actually got press because he was "relevant" once upon a time in game making whereas the only reason people know about the nut jobs he "hired" (does it count as hiring if you don't pay them?) is from the ensuing debacle w/ Pantheon. Brad might've been able to spin the failure of a Christian MMO KS by him as gamers being anti-Christian (finding militant Atheist gamers isn't hard) whereas it's a harder sell for a bunch of nobodies' KS failing for a reason besides them being total nobodies.

Spin it Fox News style: Brad McQuaid had serious MMO making credentials by bringing big, loved titles like Everquest and Vanguard to market. However, when he posed a Christian-themed MMO on KS, a full fledged War on Christianity came out of the woodwork in online gaming communities. Today we're sitting down with renowned violence-in-videogames expert ________ to discuss how videogames today are unraveling the moral fabric of America because they universally lack a good Christian message and, a little later, we'll be sitting down with Brad McQuaid himself to discuss his plans for the Christian MMO that garnered such hate.

Does that spin sound far fetched compared to what already passes as evidence in other war on Christianity segments?

Zvim
Sep 18, 2009

Sancho posted:

more like a few months no?

I thought it might be quicker if there was nobody in the zones so you could just tag everything.

insulated staircase
Aug 21, 2014

Pilsner posted:

For 80% of MMOs, following the SA shitstorm thread is more fun than playing them. :)

Completely correct, I gave up on this game months ago but still read this thread.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender

a real jerk posted:

Completely correct, I gave up on this game months ago but still read this thread.

Quitter.

Zvim
Sep 18, 2009

a real jerk posted:

What game?

Pilsner
Nov 23, 2002

Zvim posted:

What game?
This one, duh:

Huttan
May 15, 2013

Node posted:

Well, the guy running Visions claims he "worked" for Brad for a couple months.

quote:

For six months I held the role of Producer on the Pantheon: Rise of the Fallen MMORPG project under the leadership of my friend Brad McQuaid. (Yes, I was simultaneously producing both Pantheon and Visions at the same time. That really wasn’t nearly as hard as losing my father, or some of the other struggles that I face in life.) I had to resign from Pantheon this month because of a conflict with a newly introduced policy against posting religious things of a controversial nature on my personal and public websites. I had to choose God over the game. I have experienced many losses this year. Pain, debilitating fatigue, and sorrow have been a daily existence for many months now, with no end in sight. I am enduring. I am persisting. I am persevering. I have not given up.
https://www.visionsgame.com

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES

Huttan posted:

Well, the guy running Visions claims he "worked" for Brad for a couple months.

https://www.visionsgame.com

She. The morbidly obese woman who thinks gay people are infected with gay demons.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

Can I fight gay demons and rerolled skeletons at the same time.

aparmenideanmonad
Jan 28, 2004
Balls to you and your way of mortal opinions - you don't exist anyway!
Fun Shoe
Not until someone puts some gay demon models up in the Unity store.

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006

randombattle posted:

Can I fight gay demons and rerolled skeletons at the same time.

You can't kite gay demons.

bUm
Jan 11, 2011

Huttan posted:

quote:

1. I had to resign from Pantheon this month because of a conflict with a newly introduced policy against posting religious things of a controversial nature on my personal and public websites. I had to choose God over the game.

2. Pain, debilitating fatigue, and sorrow have been a daily existence for many months now, with no end in sight.

3. I have not given up.
:lol:

1. I can't spout hate speech openly and have this job so I choose god who, obviously, supports hating others who are different than you (that's what Jesus was all about, right guys?).

2. #workingonPantheon

3. And America was a worse place for it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fendahleen
May 21, 2003

WE KNOW THAT YOU CAN HEAR US, EARTH MEN
Please, this is all old news.

quote:

Farias also claims that in choosing to be gay, a person chooses to engage in “unclean demonic practices.” Once that happens, they become possessed by “putrid-smelling” demons so stinky they can drive pigs to suicide.

He continued: “Homosexuality is actually a demon spirit. It is such a putrid smelling demon that other demons don’t even like to hang around it.”

“There is an account in the Bible where Jesus casts out 2,000 demons out of a man. The demons came out screaming and begged Jesus to send them into the pigs. The pigs didn’t want them, so they ran down a steep hill and were drowned in the sea.”

“Pigs have more sense than some humans,” he added. “People embrace homosexual demons, but the pigs would rather die than be possessed with demons.”

And how exactly does Farias know all this? One of God’s prophets personally phoned to let him know.

“A genuine prophet of God told me that the Lord allowed him to smell this demon spirit, and he got sick to his stomach,” he said.

Heyseus had to grind for a straight fortnight to cast out the 2000 demons he needed for his left rubicite bracer, had to take a number for exorcism groups in the Karanas, you know how it was. Smug gently caress running the bank kept pulling that 'render unto Ceasar' line, too.

• Locked thread