Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

Andrast posted:

Yes it will. Bloodborne has the same type of deal that Demons soul's had. There is no chance Bloodborne will get a PC release.

Typo, meant Dark Borne

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

You are being watched. :allears:
Apologies if this has been discussed already, but is Enslaved any good?

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

King Vidiot posted:

Other than Bayonetta 1 + 2, what makes the Wii U "great"? I mean I guess if I had one I could go back and play No More Heroes, maybe the newest LoZ games, otherwise I don't see the point.

I'd say Mario Kart 8, Wonderful 101, MonHun, 3D World, Pikmin 3 and a few other games make a 200 dollar refurb from Nintendo worth it.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Mr E posted:

I'd say Mario Kart 8, Wonderful 101, MonHun, 3D World, Pikmin 3 and a few other games make a 200 dollar refurb from Nintendo worth it.

Not to mention Hyrule Warriors the Windwaker port, and the Majora's Mask port.

Rookersh
Aug 19, 2010

WarLocke posted:

You'd like it.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

WarLocke posted:

It's okay. If you ask me it feels like there was a sizable chunk of narrative cut out of the middle of it but nothing about it is really all that bad. The DLC story that comes with it, Pigsy's Perfect 10, is actually a lot better as a narrative than the base game, though obviously shorter. In terms of gameplay the DLC basically the same as the original game, its okay, you might even have some fun with it, but the real winner are the characters.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat
Man Lego Batman 3 looks pretty cool but I just get so bored doing the gameplay of the lego games. I'll definitely watch a 1 hour youtube cut of the cinematics, though.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Turtlicious posted:

Not to mention Hyrule Warriors the Windwaker port, and the Majora's Mask port.

I thought the Majora's Mask port was for 3DS. I've seen it on Amazon.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

Drifter posted:

Man Lego Batman 3 looks pretty cool but I just get so bored doing the gameplay of the lego games. I'll definitely watch a 1 hour youtube cut of the cinematics, though.

While I know they were inevitably going to run out of IPs to make into LEGO games, part of the fun for me with the LEGO games was finding myself reenacting scenes from the movies the games were based on. So the newest Batman game (or any of the DC/Marvel LEGO games in-general) never really appealed to me.

I mean there'd still be breaking the scenery and collecting studs, that never gets old (I don't know how, but it doesn't), but if I can't ride an ent as a hobbit, storm the Death Star with Han and Luke or ride a broom around in a Quidditch tournament then I don't really bother.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
Conan O'Brien shows you around all the hubs and explains what the different items in the hubs do. Not Conan O'Brien playing a random DC character, Conan O'Brien playing Conan O'Brien.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

A Fancy 400 lbs posted:

Conan O'Brien shows you around all the hubs and explains what the different items in the hubs do. Not Conan O'Brien playing a random DC character, Conan O'Brien playing Conan O'Brien.

:stare:

Okay I take it all back.

Terminally Bored
Oct 31, 2011

Twenty-five dollars and a six pack to my name
So Valkyria Chronicles is amazing and one of my soldiers has a tank fetish:

Can't really say I'm looking forward to SEGA porting VC2 and 3. I played the former on PSP and it was a mediocre game full of terrible anime-school tropes. And changes to the mechanics were mostly bad like those between Final Fantasy Tactics and FFT Advance. VC3 is said to be more of a mission pack as far as I know, not really much of a story.

Downs Duck
Nov 19, 2005
"It's only after we've lost everything that we're free do to anything"
Indie Gala: The Leadership Bundle
https://www.indiegala.com/leadership

Pay $1 minimum to get:
-Grand Ages: Rome
-Imperium Romanum Gold Edition
-Patrician IV - Steam Special Edition

Pay $1.99 to also get:
-Jagged Alliance - Back in Action
-Tropico 3 - Steam Special Edition

Pay $2.99 to also get:
-The First Templar - Steam Special Edition
-Tropico 4: Steam Special Edition

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Terminally Bored posted:

VC3 is said to be more of a mission pack as far as I know, not really much of a story.
Not sure where you got this from, it has just as much story as VC1. There is a ton of bonus/DLC content and gimmick maps you could try that are optional, including character-specific missions, but there's not that much difference between how VC3 handled its story content compared to VC1.

Terminally Bored
Oct 31, 2011

Twenty-five dollars and a six pack to my name
My bad then. But seeing as it was PSP and Japanese only porting it to PC would require even more work with upgrading visuals and translating the whole thing.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Terminally Bored posted:

They copied the character as a girl with a gun fetish in VC2, didn't they?

VC2 has some hilarious features like the melee fighters who just walk up to machinegunners and whack them, but the unit advancement system is poo poo. I can't get a single sniper on the team for months and I had to deliberately grind for fencers.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Non-Steam, but GOG is having a massive Fall sale, including constantly rotating Flash sales every 40 minutes(!!!), free Mount & Blade, and free The Witcher 2 (as long as you click on the stamp button every day for 7 days).

http://www.gog.com/

Some deals as of this moment:

Witcher 2 Enhanced Edition - $2.99
Bards Tale - $1.99
Hammerwatch - $1.99
Super Time Force Ultra - $9.99

It's worth noting that GOG's Summer Sale was the only Steam competitor to offer lower prices on games than Steam with their flash sales. But of course, it's not-Steam. It is DRM-Free however, and you can always add them manually.

The 7th Guest fucked around with this message at 21:28 on Nov 12, 2014

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
So what's the deal with Valkyria Chronicles. Is the actual gameplay and tactical strategy stuff good enough to overlook the corny jrpg anime crap?

Penis Vanguard
Mar 5, 2014

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

So what's the deal with Valkyria Chronicles. Is the actual gameplay and tactical strategy stuff good enough to overlook the corny jrpg anime crap?

It's really good, and also, please don't insult anime.

Rookersh
Aug 19, 2010

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

Yes. Also while it has anime crap ( I JUST WANT THE WAR TO ENNNNND ), it's also hard to take seriously, and doesn't really pander that much. It's also hard to get that annoyed at the anime when a few seconds ago your soldiers were accusing you of being a "Darcsen Lover" ( aka the Jews of Valkyria Chronicles ), and how that means you can't really be trusted as their leader. Or the concentration camp level. Or the fact like half your soldiers are ripped straight out of Band of Brothers, and the other half are tank fetishists/that oddball japanese written character that subverts it's animeness to be somewhat hilarious.

Also those who own a PsP and Valkyria Chronicles 3, but just want to play them translated, you can easily do so on the PC. http://vc3translationproject.wordpress.com/ has the translation download, and PPSSPP emulates Valkyria Chronicles like a charm. Combine the two and you get an HD version of Valkyria Chronicles 3 which can be played with a controller. You can also play 2 this way, but honestly it's not as good as 3 ( which is really good. ).

e: 2 is after the war, and devolves into traditional anime tropes. You are a group of schoolkids fighting the Germans with FRIENDSHIP and anime. It's got some good ideas, but also a ton of flaws. Needless to say it didn't do as well as 1 in the West, which led to them not translating 3. 3 on the other hand is really good, featuring a sideplot to 1, where you play basically a Russian penal battalion getting sent into suicide missions during the events of Valk 1. 3 pretty much entirely rips out the anime/friendly/lighthearted stuff of 1/2 and instead focuses entirely on the really negative/racist/darker stuff.

Rookersh fucked around with this message at 22:06 on Nov 12, 2014

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

But anime owns?????

Jamfrost
Jul 20, 2013

I'm too busy thinkin' about my baby. Oh I ain't got time for nothin' else.
Slime TrainerS

Terminally Bored posted:

That's pretty great.

Too bad I was never good enough to progress past that really tough, multi-event mission in Chapter 7 on the PS3 version.

Darkhold
Feb 19, 2011

No Heart❤️
No Soul👻
No Service🙅
Is the story worth paying attention to? I've only been able to play it inbetween toddler meltdowns so I've been skipping past the cut scenes so I get a chance to play the actual missions.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Palpek posted:

Anyways LEGO® Batman™3: Beyond Gotham released. It seems as great as always.

Looks good but hot drat. They pump this stuff out faster than I can even play them. I've barely gotten started on LEGO Hobbit and then like 4 more after that :stonk:

Automata 10 Pack
Jun 21, 2007

Ten games published by Automata, on one cassette
If VC2 and 3 get ported I really hope they make some improvements. It would be kinda weird for a PC Gamer out of the loop to go from 1's graphics over to 2's high res psp assets.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

Xaris posted:

Looks good but hot drat. They pump this stuff out faster than I can even play them. I've barely gotten started on LEGO Hobbit and then like 4 more after that :stonk:
Don't forget that LEGO Hobbit grows with every movie release.

Delusibeta
Aug 7, 2013

Let's ride together.

virtualboyCOLOR posted:

Having a PC and a Wii U means you get all the games. Not even blood borne will remain exclusive.

Sony, like Nintendo, is very good at keeping their first party stuff off PCs. It's Microsoft who ports (almost) all of their exclusives.

Mushball
May 23, 2012

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

Valkyria Chronicles has a neat way of letting you aim the shots of your troops which does alleviate the total bullshit of miss shots that plagues most turn based strategy games. From what I understand soldiers like and dislike one another, but it isn't as extreme as jagged alliance where they will cheer or butt heads if you send them into battle together.

Game is anime as gently caress though, you can live the late ww2 german army experience by fielding old people and children in your platoon to stop the anime nazi/soviet equivalent.

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

So I just finished Batman: Arkham Origins expecting it to be the weakest of the the series but I actually like it the best. I bought it a while ago for cheap and all the (major) bugs that plagued it during release are fixed now as far as I could tell. I don't care much about the Batman universe nor do I know how faithful it is to the 'lore' or anything, but I really liked the more aggressive Batman. It seems to fit his persona more given his zealous drive to combat crime. His no kill moral code still seems ridiculous given that extremely dangerous and murderous criminals bust out of prison to kill even more people at an alarming rate, so 'bringing them to justice' seems incredibly hollow given that and also the fact that he's a vigilante who breaks the law constantly anyway, and that's coming from someone who always plays non-lethal if a game gives me the choice. Ah well, I'm probably overthinking it. The gameplay overall seemed more refined and well thought out than City.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to Arkham Knight.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Okay so Tesla Effect is loving rad as poo poo but if you got it in the humble bundle you will feel lost if you haven't played the older games. Play them first!! Under a Killing Moon and Pandora Directive and Overseer, specifically, in that order! They're on Steam but they also go on sale on GOG a lot. They're all awesome.

Also Tesla Effect has all the same Tex gameplay, right down to the notepad of subjects to talk to people about, as well as a lot of flashbacks to the older games, at least in the first two days of the game.

Also Tom Servo is your sidekick.

Jamfrost
Jul 20, 2013

I'm too busy thinkin' about my baby. Oh I ain't got time for nothin' else.
Slime TrainerS

Quest For Glory II posted:

Okay so Tesla Effect is loving rad as poo poo but if you got it in the humble bundle you will feel lost if you haven't played the older games. Play them first!! Under a Killing Moon and Pandora Directive and Overseer, specifically, in that order! They're on Steam but they also go on sale on GOG a lot. They're all awesome.

Can't wait to play it, although I'll be dependent on flashbacks for context. I just like adventure games in general.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Japan: Wait.... HOW MANY people have PCs for gaming outside of Japan? ....and they ALL want to play our games? :aaa:

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.

Jerusalem posted:

Japan: Wait.... HOW MANY people have PCs for gaming outside of Japan? ....and they ALL want to play our games? :aaa:
The next time someone goes "PC master race :jerkbag:" when someone points out how Japanese publishers are shooting themselves in the foot by ignoring the PC market nearly completely and have no idea what they're doing, I'm going to think of this and laugh.

Jokymi
Jan 31, 2003

Sweet Sassy Molassy

Ekster posted:

So I just finished Batman: Arkham Origins expecting it to be the weakest of the the series but I actually like it the best.
I played it for the first time about a month ago and I'd probably consider it my favorite too. I loved Asylum but thought City was a huge mess, which is probably one of the reasons I waited so long to play Origins.

I agree with most of your reasons, and I also thought it had the best open world gameplay of the series. The number of collectibles was far more sensible than it was in City, which made them fun to go after and collect like they were in Asylum. I also liked that the sidequests didn't involve wandering aimlessly around the map hoping to get near enough to whatever random spot to triggered the next portion.

Tezzeract
Dec 25, 2007

Think I took a wrong turn...
Far Cry 4 trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uz1gWM-YEQk

Looks like we'll have a Hindi Mad Moxxi.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

The annualization of these franchises is reeking more and more pungently these days, so much my monitor started to emit stink lines

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Valkyria question: how much does distance affect accuracy? All the targeting shows is how many shots to kill but there doesn't seem to be a percentage. Like, do I get any benefit from running up to guys and point-blank shooting them in the head, or would it be the same chance farther away? Sandbags being magic 360 shields has made me question all aspects of the game and whether they resemble reality.

Also, what do the different colored sight-lines mean? Like, swiveling around it will go from yellow (which seems like clear both ways) to blue and green (???)

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

I want a new LEGO Star Wars game that's like those new open-world ones with cool graphics like Marvel or Batman. I would probably 100% it.

Too Shy Guy
Jun 14, 2003

I have destroyed more of your kind than I can count.

Tezzeract posted:

Far Cry 4 trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uz1gWM-YEQk

Looks like we'll have a Hindi Mad Moxxi.

This looks like a blast to play, but I am completely lost on the tone here.

Maybe FarCry 3 wasn't a mistake.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Automata 10 Pack
Jun 21, 2007

Ten games published by Automata, on one cassette

Palpek posted:

I want a new LEGO Star Wars game that's like those new open-world ones with cool graphics like Marvel or Batman. I would probably 100% it.
What about a Batman game that features Kevin Smith and Conan O' Brien? :haw:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6OnAS92t57M

edit: so you're going to bone the villain's sister again in another far cry game, huh.

• Locked thread