Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know

overtone posted:

Her choice of weapon makes me worry for a certain other cast member.

I thought the same thing!

edit: oh hello new page!

Burning_Monk fucked around with this message at 00:18 on Nov 13, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Or she uses that weapon as a tribute to the man who taught her the difference between right and wrong.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat
I don't think she's using that right.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Kinda hope they do a thing where Laurel is trying to figure out how her look should be and she wears the fishnets and Wildcat is like "That'll never work" but that would never fit the mood of the show

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

There's a really fun Young Justice episode where Black Canary is the instructor for the team's hand to hand combat training. If you want to nerd out there's a whole slew of "DC universe great martial artists" that shift position depending on which writer wants to hold up his childhood's favorite character.

Power levels are dumb. I'm happy that Arrow has done such a good job with Oliver's own journey - how they've built up his gradual skills both in the flashbacks and the current timeline. And even Roy, who has more or less been a fighter on the show for over a year, hasn't been portrayed as anything other than a competent fighter who can take out some mooks.

Except for the season two finale, where a powerless and recently woken-up-from-coma Roy somehow holds his own against the Mirakuru hordes.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Drifter posted:

Look at this guy who's never resisted arrest.

from a misspent youth I can tell you that they will swing those loving things at you however they want

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

boom boom boom posted:

There's a pretty big difference between spending your nights taking boxing lessons/getting into streetfights and literally fighting for your life while people try to kill you.

Roy's a little different because he grew up on the streets, man. So there was already a base of "streetsmarts" knew how to take and throw a punch, etc. He learned focus and patience from Oliver more than anything.

Thea's deal seems way more about how it changed her as a person, not that she's now ready to start fighting super soldiers by herself.

Do you think he leaned his kickin' rad flip skills on the street?

also

Drifter posted:

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
The weird straps/garter thing is a nice compromise to the classic fishnet stockings look, without having to actually go there. The comics' Canary HAS had other outfits, but they all suck. Including the current one. (Well, the weird wetsuit with a sergeant's chevrons on the shoulder thing she wore during the early run of Birds of Prey was... OK.)

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Gaz-L posted:

The weird straps/garter thing is a nice compromise to the classic fishnet stockings look, without having to actually go there. The comics' Canary HAS had other outfits, but they all suck. Including the current one. (Well, the weird wetsuit with a sergeant's chevrons on the shoulder thing she wore during the early run of Birds of Prey was... OK.)

I like the look, pants wearing Canary is way less rediculous. loving fishnets are you joking.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

What do you expect it's a comic.

Anyway, here's a video that the Arrow Facebook page posted on their stunt team. https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=481548555316515

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Bad Moon posted:

I like the look, pants wearing Canary is way less rediculous. loving fishnets are you joking.

I like the show's design too. It's a good compromise, my point was that they had to base it on the classic look because it's the only really iconic one, but you can't actually do a straight translation because it's already silly enough in the comics. But literally every other look she's had in the comics has been either a complete disaster (the flares and sweatband thing from the 80s) or bland as gently caress (the wetsuit thing I described and the current one).

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Roy on point with "maybe the cure didn't work completely. "

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Wildcat's gym?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

YES!

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
Boxing glove arrow!!!! :swoon:

Kammat
Feb 9, 2008
Odd Person
Ahahahahahaha, they finally did it!!!!

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
IT
HAPPENED

SavTargaryen
Sep 11, 2011
BOXING GLOVE ARROW

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

THEY DID THE BOXING GLOVE ARROW :swoon:

Baronash
Feb 29, 2012

So what do you want to be called?
Holy holy holy gently caress gently caress gently caress gently caress

I literally squealed.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

achillesforever6 posted:

Boxing glove arrow!!!! :swoon:

YES!:allears:

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
BOXING GLOVE ARROW!!!!!!!!

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

Oh my god they did the thing!!

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

YESSSSS!!! loving FINALLY!!!!

:black101: :black101: :black101:

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

That was great.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

And this show has served its purpose.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

:ithappened.gif:

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Nothing will top that moment. They should just pack it in after this episode

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Haha so I'm not the only one who shouted "YES!" when that happened then.

imperialparadox
Apr 17, 2012

Don't tell me no one has told the girl she isn't exactly human!
Best. Episode. :swoon:

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012
I have never been so happy watching television. :buddy:

Throwdown
Sep 4, 2003

Here you go, dummies.
Guys... We live in a day and age where a live action boxing glove arrow was on TV... Ffffuuuuuck

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Somebody gif that right now :f5:

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

This show can go away now, it's all downhill from here. It will never top that. Ever.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

Over/under on episodes until a fake cat arrow?

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

GIF that poo poo somebody!

Paradise Lost
Feb 11, 2003

kill your enemy, drink his wine, and take his women
Mine's bigger

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
Oliver: Still the literal last person to lecture someone about killing drug killers.

Baronash
Feb 29, 2012

So what do you want to be called?
"drat it Laurel, stop hanging out with killers."

Signed,
former serial killer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

That red headed woman sure has been hanging around in a lot of shots today.

• Locked thread