Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Terbulus
Apr 7, 2009

Tenno, master the Rathbone Archwing Hammer and flatten the opposition! Shoot metal slugs and obliterate enemy armor with the new Velocitus Archwing Railgun.

RATHBONE
Pulverize the enemy with the Rathbone Archwing Hammer. Using Archwing’s jets for thrust, this massive hammer crushes anything in its path.

VELOCITUS
When fully charged, the magnetized barrel of the Velocitus Archwing Railgun accelerates a metal slug to tremendous speeds, piercing hulls and obliterating armor.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZtappuNRa5Y

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Denzine
Sep 2, 2011

One time, I did a thing.
https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/344505-update-1520/

Additions:

Tenno Reinforcements:

RATHBONE: Archwing Melee
Using Archwing’s jets for thrust, this massive hammer crushes anything in its path.

VELOCITUS: Archwing Primary
When fully charged, the magnetized barrel of the Velocitus accelerates a metal slug to tremendous speeds, piercing hulls and obliterating armor.

New Player Quest: Introduction to Infested:

Once Awake

Intercepted Grineer communications reveal that Grineer have been experimenting with some sort of bio weapon. You must investigate.
This new quest will be immediately available to any player who has completed Vor’s Prize, and can be accepted directly from the Codex. It will also be made available to players who skipped Vor’s Prize when the quest system was first implemented, meaning that only players who are yet to complete Vor’s Prize and are brand new to Warframe will need to wait to play!

Warframe Changes:
Enemies targeted by Nyx’s Mind Control no longer take friendly damage until the duration of the ability ends, at which point all accumulated damage to the target is applied at once.
Vauban’s Tesla beam from the Tesla Link Mod has received an improved visual effect to reduce visual clutter when cast multiple times and
Vauban’s Tesla beam from the Tesla Link Mod should now properly deal Slash damage.
Excalibur’s Radial Javelin and Mag’s Shield Polarize will now check for line of sight when targeting enemies.
Trinity’s Energy Vampire now only benefits teammates who can see or can be seen by the targeted victim (victims remember who they have seen for a short duration).
Banish / Rift Walk will no longer stack energy regeneration when used on targets in a Cataclysm bubble.

Changes:
Optimized Dojo memory use to improve performance and load times.
Optimized game code to improve loading times and performance.
HUD will now display the correct button mapping when using a controller with a remapped button layout.
Enemy spawn points are now spread into clusters in Dark Sector Conflicts.
Removed brown fog from Archwing missions.
Made small adjustments to flaming debris in Archwing Trench Run missions.
Previewing the front sigil will now display the default color for the sigil you are viewing without changing the color of your equipped back sigil.
Huras Kubrow Hunt Mod will now prompt Kubrow to pick an enemy near other enemies (since the charge is AoE).
Added knockdown to Huras Kubrow charge that should make enemies hit suffer an entertaining knockback.
Gilded Truth Mod will now provide a multiplier of 1.2 instead of a multiplier of 0.2.
Moved Vor’s transmissions during Vor’s Prize to sit on the right hand side of the screen to reduce obstruction.
Adjusted timers on special effects particles to prevent lingering FX (ie. smoke from destroyed crates).
Removed Neural Sensor Requirements from Large Restore Crafting Recipes.
Eximus units in the Void now require 3 scans for a Codex entry, as opposed to the original 20.
Changed all entries of ‘Fire’, ‘Poison’ or ‘Freeze’ damage elements to ‘Heat’, ‘Toxin’ and ‘Cold’ respectively to remove inconsistency.

Interception:
Points can no longer sit neutral, they must be owned by either AI or players
Score now scaled directly by the number of points you have, instead of being reduced if the AI owns more.
Abandoned points (eg. was capturing but left point before completing the capture) now start to drain faster (5 seconds after leaving from 10 seconds) and drain back to the original state far quicker (at a rate of 25% per second)
Updated all point prefabs so the points will start captured by the AI and must be taken by the player, score does not start accruing until a player captures a point

Archwing Fixes:
Fixed description for Elytron’s Core Vent ability incorrectly stated that it hurts enemies.
Fixed an issue with Archwing melee weapons not extending when viewed in the Arsenal.
Fixed color changes on Archwing weapons appearing to revert when modified in Arsenal, changes now correctly saved.
Fixed Archwing parts loading into non-archwing missions.
Fixed Odonata’s Disarray not affecting Dreg Spheres.
Fixed Elytron’s Core Vent not affecting Dreg Spheres.
Fixed the activation of Odonata Archwing abilities not properly issuing 25/50/75/100 Affinity respective of ability used (1/2/3/4).

Fixes:
Fixed an issue with a checkered wall blocking progression on certain areas of the Infested Ship tileset.
Fixed a UI Bug that made Affinity Orbs appear to give 100 Affinity in the ‘pickup ticker’ when a Affinity Booster is active, when 200 Affinity was in fact being rewarded.
Fixed pause menu becoming inaccessible when viewing mission progress.
Fixed a crash that would occur for players with pending recipes available on login.
Fixed an error where Kubrow would still be heard when using Arsenal or when muted.
Fixed issue where using the search bar for Mods would always display Fusion Cores in the results.
Fixed a game freeze that could occur when selecting an event from the World State Window.
Fixed scrollbar inaccuracies in Events tab of World State Window.
Fixed inbox messages breaking after transmissions have played.
Fixed some profiles appearing incorrectly as Grand Master.
Fixed Trench Run minimap issues to correctly display objective marker and load correct room.
Fixed issue with Huras Kubrow Hunt Mod where charge would end after 5 frames of no movement.
Fixed issue with Huras Kubrow Hunt Mod where all Kubrow in mission would share the same cooldown recharge time.
Fixed issue that caused Sigils to never display warframe energy color.
Fixed issue that caused planets to not zoom in when on Solar Map, also reduced lingering on the full map once a planet/node has been selected.
Fixed dual wielded secondary weapons appearing in players hands in Archwing Arsenal.
Fixed menu tabs not displaying correctly when player switches quickly from one tab to the next.
Fixed login screen not displaying last used Warframe, should now be corrected after one login.
Fixed defense objective on Ceres alerts spawning off the lift, breaking enemy pathing.
Fixed loading issue with Grineer shipyard zones.
Fixed Europa incorrectly displaying 500-1200 conclave requirement, now properly reads 500-1000.
Fixed pathing error on Infested Corpus Ship tileset that would occur when entering certain hallways.
Fixed various gameplay freezes and crashes.
Fixed continued issues with Stalker not spawning properly.

International:
Localized the Limbo Theorem and Archwing quest summaries for Russian and Japanese.
Localized final Archwing mission transmissions to French.
Resized Syndicate names to not be so long in Russian.
Various localization fixes and updates.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
So Gilded Truth now maxs at +480% fire rate. Combined with a mousewheel script it turns the Burston Prime into pretty much a full auto gun.

Mind Control will finally see some use, too.

Malachite_Dragon posted:

And they'll still have their bullshit insta-capture :thumbsup: Great job, DE.

You know it's not instant, right? They need to complete their animation in front of the control console before the point gets capped.

Kyte fucked around with this message at 02:21 on Nov 13, 2014

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic

Kyte posted:

So Gilded Truth now maxs at +480% fire rate. Combined with a mousewheel script it turns the Burston Prime into pretty much a full auto gun.

Mind Control will finally see some use, too.

You know it's not instant, right? They need to complete their animation in front of the control console before the point gets capped.

It is (or was) instant in the sense that it automatically grabbed it straight back from you, no going from Tenno -> Neutral -> AI like you have to do when you capture it back. Now that they've removed Neutral altogether I suppose it's slightly less aggravating. But only just.

Warrior Princess
Sep 29, 2014

What?

Denzine posted:

Excalibur’s Radial Javelin and Mag’s Shield Polarize will now check for line of sight when targeting enemies

The last few weeks was the only time I had ever touched Excalibur Prime since I got him for being a stupid founder. It was for its entire history the most boring and useless frame I had ever tried to play. I actually had tons of fun running around as Excalibur recently though because the 4 suddenly wasn't poo poo, and I've never even touched viver.

Welp, glad DE fixed that. Back to never touching Excalibur again. If im going to be ham-stringed by stupid LOS requirements, I'll use a frame who has more useful abilities like Mirage or something.

Denzine
Sep 2, 2011

One time, I did a thing.
Once they touch the console you have to kill them or it will flip to hostile when the timer runs out.

Also please note these Important Changes:

Excalibur’s Radial Javelin and Mag’s Shield Polarize will now check for line of sight when targeting enemies.
Trinity’s Energy Vampire now only benefits teammates who can see or can be seen by the targeted victim (victims remember who they have seen for a short duration).

Excalibur, Mag and Trinity have been sacrificed to save the rep grind.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Denzine posted:

This pisses me off more than everything else combined. Excalibur was actually goddamn useful again! For a little while. :smith:

Denzine
Sep 2, 2011

One time, I did a thing.
Have tested Excal, Trinity and Mag.

Radial Javelin, Energy Vampire, and Shield Polarize all use the same LOS calcs as Radial Flash, so they're blocked by any significant barrier. Doors, boxes, pillars, etc but not other mobs.

Shield Polarize requires Line of Sight for both the shield drain and the radial damage effect.

Brainbread
Apr 7, 2008

Denzine posted:

Once they touch the console you have to kill them or it will flip to hostile when the timer runs out.

Also please note these Important Changes:

Excalibur, Mag and Trinity have been sacrificed to save the rep grind.

Hey, DE. You know what would have been better than re-ruining Excalibur?

Nerf Overextended. Thats the reason why we can farm. Because a 58.75m nuke with maxed Transient, Blind Rage and Intensity is STILL hitting for almost 2k. Half the range, make it +45% with the same damage reduction. Or make it -90% damage reduction! Or maybe make it so Transient Fort and Blind Rage don't stack again.

Don't take stuff that people finally started to use again and nerf it back into uselessness. Excalibur's ult was unusuable because it require LoS checks before. The net effect is now its shots aren't completely stopped by low walls.

Their patches are making me feel like I'm playing WoW again. "Hey Warlocks, remember when you had this thing? NOT ANYMORE. Maybe you'll get something next patch. I mean next expansion. Sure. Whatever."

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

soooo now exal is even worse than he was before they made any changes, because now radial blind and radial javelin use their dogshit LOS code.

Denzine
Sep 2, 2011

One time, I did a thing.

Brainbread posted:

Hey, DE. You know what would have been better than re-ruining Excalibur?

Nerf Overextended. Thats the reason why we can farm. Because a 58.75m nuke with maxed Transient, Blind Rage and Intensity is STILL hitting for almost 2k. Half the range, make it +45% with the same damage reduction. Or make it -90% damage reduction! Or maybe make it so Transient Fort and Blind Rage don't stack again.

Don't take stuff that people finally started to use again and nerf it back into uselessness. Excalibur's ult was unusuable because it require LoS checks before. The net effect is now its shots aren't completely stopped by low walls.

Their patches are making me feel like I'm playing WoW again. "Hey Warlocks, remember when you had this thing? NOT ANYMORE. Maybe you'll get something next patch. I mean next expansion. Sure. Whatever."

Nerfing Overextended would change a huge number of frames.

The actual solution to the problem is to tie rep gains directly to mission performance instead of affinity(so, a set value for a given mission, with endless modes just scaling at each checkpoint) and replacing Viver's tile with a larger one.

FirstPersonShitter posted:

soooo now exal is even worse than he was before they made any changes, because now radial blind and radial javelin use their dogshit LOS code.

Yes, but for a month or so he was a lot of fun again.

radiooo
Oct 11, 2004

i will walk heavy, & i will walk strange
instead of fixing broken syndicate grind or viver directly, they're taking it out on the frames? really, de?

whatever, time for 2 saryn/2 trinity frame teams until they nerf miasma.

Baby Babbeh
Aug 2, 2005

It's hard to soar with the eagles when you work with Turkeys!!

In addition to the nerfs, new bugs. I'm running into placeholder art. Fantastic.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

So did they literally just nerf excal because of viver? why not fix viver instead? or even better, fix the stupid lovely rep system instead. grinding up 22,000 rep on regular missions at like 100-200 rep per mission just so i can gain the privelage to buy friggin large health restores for even more rep is not fun. I don't want to have to play hours of warframe every day to be able to get towards some weapon mods that interest me.

Shalhavet
Dec 10, 2010

This post is terrible
Doctor Rope
They also nerfed interception missions as a whole.

Aesis
Oct 9, 2012
Filthy J4G
Well it somewhat makes sense that you'd need LoS for Radial Javelin or Shield Polarize since they're not 'truly' AoE skills like Miasma (although explosion of Shield Polarize should be unaffected by LoS like Miasma), but come on Trinity's Energy Vampire effect too?

New Javelin is still better than the old Javelin just because at least it still doesn't get stopped by objects or miss targets just because of elevation. But I didn't know they patched Radial Blind. That's lovely.

Denzine posted:

The actual solution to the problem is to tie rep gains directly to mission performance instead of affinity(so, a set value for a given mission, with endless modes just scaling at each checkpoint) and replacing Viver's tile with a larger one.
Totally. If you make reputation grow somewhat exponentially depending on waves or minutes spent then people will actually spread out to do not only planet missions but voids or derelicts to farm reputations while using the tiles provided (all the while looting Prime stuff if they go to void/derelict, or farming keys). Instead they decide to gently caress over 3 frames that were already considered 'sub par' and make them worse now.

tlarn
Mar 1, 2013

You see,
God doesn't help little frogs.

He helps people like me.
And of the frames that got the nerfstick, two of them have Prime variants. :v:

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

For being their mascot frame they sure do poo poo on Excalibur a whole lot, don't they?

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

Malachite_Dragon posted:

For being their mascot frame they sure do poo poo on Excalibur a whole lot, don't they?

its a loveless marriage. they've been having an affair with rhino for years.

Crono S. Magnum
Feb 29, 2008

So did they literally just nerf excal because of viver? why not fix viver instead? or even better, fix the stupid lovely rep system instead. grinding up 22,000 rep on regular missions at like 100-200 rep per mission just so i can gain the privelage to buy friggin large health restores for even more rep is not fun. I don't want to have to play hours of warframe every day to be able to get towards some weapon mods that interest me EARN MY FUN.

:smuggo:

But seriously, it's bullshit. C'mon, DE. Just let me actually have fun in your game. Grinding for basic rewards is not fun.

Aesis
Oct 9, 2012
Filthy J4G

its a loveless marriage. they've been having an affair with rhino for years.
Give Rhino's Roar extra effect of affected enemy trembling in fear and receiving more damage please.

Denzine
Sep 2, 2011

One time, I did a thing.
I have a good thing to say about the update.

The newbie Infested quest is good. It's short(3 missions), the second mission gives you Molten Impact, and the third mission is an infested defense on the grineer asteroid reactor tile covered in Infested biocrud. Completing it gives you the Heat Sword blueprint.

It is good. Also, the Grineer are responsible for the Infested.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Denzine posted:

Grineer: bastion of bad ideas, film at 11

kafziel
Nov 11, 2009

Denzine posted:

I have a good thing to say about the update.

The newbie Infested quest is good. It's short(3 missions), the second mission gives you Molten Impact, and the third mission is an infested defense on the grineer asteroid reactor tile covered in Infested biocrud. Completing it gives you the Heat Sword blueprint.

OBJECTION! The Infested far predate the Grineer.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

kafziel posted:

And the Flood predate the Covenant, but it's always the Covenant who keep opening ancient ruins that were Sealed For A Reason :v:

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
So anybody taking bets on how long will these changes stick?

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

IT WAS ME ALL ALONG, BURROWS!

kafziel posted:

They do, but the current Infestation was woken up by the Grineer.

For, uh. Romp room versus fights against their own troops, apparently.

Anyways, the quest is three simple missions, give some appropriate rewards for new players, not bad. The defense tile does need an art pass, though. Mostly the reactor core, which they took the cap off of so you can just see straight into the thing from the infested gunk all over it that you can walk right up.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Fish Noise posted:

They do, but the current Infestation was woken up by the Grineer.

For, uh. Romp room versus fights against their own troops, apparently.

Anyways, the quest is three simple missions, give some appropriate rewards for new players, not bad. The defense tile does need an art pass, though. Mostly the reactor core, which they took the cap off of so you can just see straight into the thing from the infested gunk all over it that you can walk right up.

Seeing straight into it isn't the only thing you can do! You can get inside it with Excal's super jump by jumping in through the top. There aren't any textures on the inside that block line of sight. It was fun.

MJ12
Apr 8, 2009

Kyte posted:

So anybody taking bets on how long will these changes stick?

Probably 2 days, either that or they fix the LOS calc and reduce the Syndicate rep grind.

aegof
Mar 2, 2011

SaffronKit posted:

Seeing straight into it isn't the only thing you can do! You can get inside it with Excal's super jump by jumping in through the top. There aren't any textures on the inside that block line of sight. It was fun.

I played with a Nyx that walked right in.

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

So Shield Polarize doesn't restore Mag's shields any more. How much do you want to bet that they hosed up the LoS stuff and so she doesn't have visibility to herself?

Denzine
Sep 2, 2011

One time, I did a thing.
It doesn't? poo poo, I wasn't even looking for that. Energy Vampire restores Trinity's energy, so it's a problem that's unique to Mag.

wid
Sep 7, 2005
Living in paradise (only bombed once)

Denzine posted:

It doesn't? poo poo, I wasn't even looking for that. Energy Vampire restores Trinity's energy, so it's a problem that's unique to Mag.

Energy vampire's pulse's point of origin is not Trinity herself though. Betting that fixing this would make a new bug where the victim of Energy Vampire gain health or explodes or something.

Verant
Oct 20, 2012

Go on an adventure ordained by fate?
-->Okay.
-->Eh.
Eeugh, that certainly was an update. Guess Excalibur Prime's going back into the vault again now that his 4th has been wrecked. Here's hoping DE backpedals on some of these changes and hammers out a better way of dealing with the rep grind.

Quick question for the market folks: What's the going price for the Cryotic Front event mods? I've been trying to get my hands on them for a while since that event flew under my radar, but so far I've only found a few people who tried to sell a single one of those mods for 150 plat.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
If that new Archewing gun is a charge weapon that seems a monumentally bad idea when Archewing missions are all about tons of enemies that move around a hell of a lot.

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

IT WAS ME ALL ALONG, BURROWS!

Pierson posted:

If that new Archewing gun is a charge weapon that seems a monumentally bad idea when Archewing missions are all about tons of enemies that move around a hell of a lot.

DE: bastion of bad ideas, film at 11.

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002
The starting gun is the best archwing gun. The rest is just mastery fodder

Sins Of Our Talent
Feb 13, 2012
If you care about Archwing and don't already have Elytron, good luck with Caelus, Odonata's skill costs were raised to 25/50/75/100, and the interception change also applies here.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Pierson posted:

The best part? It's not even loving hitscan! It is worse than the starting gun in every loving way!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kitty Fantastico
Nov 26, 2005

Patch Notes posted:

Enemies targeted by Nyx’s Mind Control no longer take friendly damage until the duration of the ability ends, at which point all accumulated damage to the target is applied at once.

Finally, pet heavies :swoon: