Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Tenzarin posted:

I have an idea, can you verify your installation in steam? verify game cache, etc.

I have uplay. Verified it when I first installed it and it was awful D1 but I suppose I can again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
That usually happens with some corrupt file/files its trying to pull. Steam has the problem alot with not the games but how you download 50 gigs. If it can even use the file, it just does something the game can't handle and then you crash and burn. And :filez: are super prone to this.

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

Tenzarin posted:

That usually happens with some corrupt file/files its trying to pull. Steam has the problem alot with not the games but how you download 50 gigs. If it can even use the file, it just does something the game can't handle and then you crash and burn. And :filez: are super prone to this.

Well I didn't steal the game if that's what you mean.

But a verify found some missing files so.

E: which were probably the start movies I deleted.

Merrill Grinch
May 21, 2001

infuriated by investments

Lunethex posted:

Hope there'll be more people.

Probably. The club search features are kind of terrible right now, but who knows? Even just joining the PS4 club "LLJK" gets you some uPlay points and if the club levels up you get more I guess? I'd like to unlock that 500 uPlay point mission at some point maybe.

Everyone already in got promoted, so maybe you can do stuff too? I dunno.

When I signed up for initiates yesterday it made me level 1 and said I didn't own anything but sometime during the night I leveled up to 11 based on old game achievements. Maybe it only updates once a day or something.
\/\/\/\/\/

Merrill Grinch fucked around with this message at 03:50 on Nov 13, 2014

Daily Forecast
Dec 25, 2008

by R. Guyovich
Updated to the latest AMD beta drivers, which said something about improving performance in Unity, but they don't do poo poo. Alas.

So, how come the Edward outfit I unlocked re-locked itself? Went to the trophy room thing in the cafe and looked at it, said I had enough of a level, but that I hadn't collected the chest. This is ignoring the fact that, yes, I loving did, and the chest is gone so it's not like I can recollect it. Has this happened to anyone else?

How do I increase my Initiates level? I have no clue how this is even supposed to work. :saddowns:

It says "Link this game to your Uplay account to keep track of your progress and gain XP" for all of the AC games but I have literally all of those loving games (except Rogue obviously) attached to my uPlay account, so what gives? How do I link them?

Daily Forecast fucked around with this message at 03:43 on Nov 13, 2014

Endrion
Feb 28, 2006
We love Friend Computer!

Daily Forecast posted:

How do I increase my Initiates level? I have no clue how this is even supposed to work. :saddowns:

It says "Link this game to your Uplay account to keep track of your progress and gain XP" for all of the AC games but I have literally all of those loving games (except Rogue obviously) attached to my uPlay account, so what gives? How do I link them?

From what I can gather, Initiates was at some point a social network portal thing they had going for the AC games, but they shuttered the site for a major overhaul into what it is now some time back. What it is now seems to be part of a new all-AC-game system rollout alongside the new games, but I'm betting not everything is in place yet (There's sections for "Daily challenges" and the like that aren't open yet). Best guess? Give it a few days till they get their act together... and possibly once everyone stops hammering the uPlay network in general trying to get their games running.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

The Iron Rose posted:

Well I didn't steal the game if that's what you mean.

But a verify found some missing files so.

E: which were probably the start movies I deleted.

Meant no offense, but :filez: are from some russian hackers who are very trustworthy and would never add some viruses or bitcoin mining software for you. Also your desktop is so pink!

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

Tenzarin posted:

Meant no offense, but :filez: are from some russian hackers who are very trustworthy and would never add some viruses or bitcoin mining software for you. Also your desktop is so pink!

None taken - just wanted to clarify that the only russian hackers I'm dealing with are ubis- ahahhah no I can't finish that.

But nah I bought someone's nvidia code for $45 and activated easy on uplay. Just a shame I only opted for a 760 when building my PC. Oh well. Live and learn. Still don't know why borderless windows is so lovely through.

But yeah I didn't download anything like this or nothing: http://gameserrors.com/fix-assassins-creed-unity-errors-crashes-stuttering-acu-exe-stopped-working/

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I can connect to UPlay now but all I get is a screen that says Back to Game.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Me llamo Sarah Brandolino, the eighth Castilian of this magnificent marriage.
How the hell do you quit out of co-op games? I had to disconnect to get back to a single player world.

v

Join the LLJK club and I'll do some heavy lifting for people so they can get some cash and items.

Ironsolid
Mar 1, 2005

Fishing isn't an addiction, it's a way of life. Everything to gain while losing everything
Anyone on PS4 want to play some early co-op missions together? I'd love to not be with a mic-less pubby

EvolutionIsAMyth

DoYouHasaRabbit
Oct 8, 2007
For the few people playing Rogue, does anyone know how to defeat Adewale? He just runs around throwing smoke bombs and basically one hit kills me half the time. Doesn't help that I can't counter him at all.

edit: goddamn. got him by shooting him off a ladder and aerial assassinating him. gently caress yeah

DoYouHasaRabbit fucked around with this message at 03:57 on Nov 13, 2014

Snuffman
May 21, 2004

Endrion posted:

From what I can gather, Initiates was at some point a social network portal thing they had going for the AC games, but they shuttered the site for a major overhaul into what it is now some time back. What it is now seems to be part of a new all-AC-game system rollout alongside the new games, but I'm betting not everything is in place yet (There's sections for "Daily challenges" and the like that aren't open yet). Best guess? Give it a few days till they get their act together... and possibly once everyone stops hammering the uPlay network in general trying to get their games running.

Pretty bummed they took all the obsessive lore stuff out of initiates and turned it into yet another achievement hub. The obsessive lore stuff was why I wanted into the beta in the first place. :(

Like someone earlier said, ac initiates keeps going up and down. Prior to Unity, I was level 15, then the site revamped and I was level 2, then something went wrong and I thought my profile was gone but now it's back and I'm level 22. IDK.

Give Ubisoft a week to get it sorted?

macnbc
Dec 13, 2006

brb, time travelin'
Just finished the Lisbon section in Sequence 2 of AC: Rogue.

:stare: Holy poo poo that was awesome.

Anyone who thinks this game is an "also-ran" doesn't know what they're missing.

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

still incredibly disappointed that rogue isn't on PC yet.

that's the real next AC for me.

sudo rm -rf
Aug 2, 2011

$ mv fullcommunism.sh
/america
$ cd /america
$ ./fullcommunism.sh

I applied for the Social Club, I think my uplay name is montrevux.

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

The Iron Rose posted:

still incredibly disappointed that rogue isn't on PC yet.

that's the real next AC for me.

Same.

lol at anyone who bought unity. You deserve it. Especially if your preordered it.

BgRdMchne
Oct 31, 2011

virtualboyCOLOR posted:

Same.

lol at anyone who bought unity. You deserve it. Especially if your preordered it.

I just wanted to climb on Notre Dame and kill Marat.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

BgRdMchne posted:

I just wanted to climb on Notre Dame and kill Marat.

You already had st. peters and Caesar Borgia. you got greedy

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

virtualboyCOLOR posted:

Same.

Yes, I deserve to...have a fairly good time wandering around Paris, climbing famous buildings, and occasionally stabbing people.

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

This is the game I imagined as a child wandering around a realistic looking city full of hundreds of people and even the building climbing, I didn't realize how kinda boring it would all be, they need to work on more ways for you to meaningfully interact with the city beyond collecting baubles and killing the dozens of criminals on every corner.

BgRdMchne
Oct 31, 2011

Real hurthling! posted:

You already had st. peters and Caesar Borgia. you got greedy

There are too many things that I want climb on and too many people I want to murder. :(

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

Samurai Sanders posted:

Yes, I deserve to...have a fairly good time wandering around Paris, climbing famous buildings, and occasionally stabbing people.

Little Interactive Media Publishing company Ubisoft really appreciates you defending this product they release

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

One of my favorite little touches was in Red Dead Redemption - press a button and Marston tips his hat and says hello to whoever he's walking by.

Its more interactive than 90% of open world games, where you're interacting with the world by killing people or running over lightposts.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Narcissus1916 posted:

One of my favorite little touches was in Red Dead Redemption - press a button and Marston tips his hat and says hello to whoever he's walking by.

Its more interactive than 90% of open world games, where you're interacting with the world by killing people or running over lightposts.

I can only hope this is the stupidest thing you've ever posted.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Is there seriously no way to just search for clubs that have your PSN friends in them?

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

So the companion app continues to get dumber, so you the difference between hiring a level 14 and level 15 assassin is about 100 points, if a level 14 gets enough xp to level to 15 it cost 500 points to level them. So pretty much just grind the training missions and only buy high level assassin's because leveling them is for suckers.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
I haven't played far, but do I need to make it to a certain point before I can Co-op? The "menu" screen in this game has nothing that indicates co-op.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Feenix posted:

I haven't played far, but do I need to make it to a certain point before I can Co-op? The "menu" screen in this game has nothing that indicates co-op.

You need to become an assassin, which is the end of Sequence 2. It's about 45 minutes to an hour.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Orv posted:

You need to become an assassin, which is the end of Sequence 2. It's about 45 minutes to an hour.

AHHHHHH ZUT ALORS!

[edit] Who said there were no loading screens in this game? Because I stare at quite a few of them, even now only an hour in.

Feenix fucked around with this message at 06:04 on Nov 13, 2014

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Haven't really seen any after it loads, if that they are just 1s long.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Huh? The loading screens in this game are pretty much make a sandwich length every single time, on the PS4 anyway.

I really like being able to carry around just a rifle, shooting anyone far away and and whacking anyone who comes too close.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Tenzarin posted:

Haven't really seen any after it loads, if that they are just 1s long.

Are you on an SSD? Because if so I need to switch over to my SSD, the load times are atrocious.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Mr E posted:

Are you on an SSD? Because if so I need to switch over to my SSD, the load times are atrocious.

I'm on a hybrid drive on my PS4. I am at the church where I just discovered the assassin's below... I found the area and then it loaded for like 20 seconds of black screen with the rotating icon.

[edit] The Traversal in this game is abysmal.

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

macnbc posted:

Anyone who thinks this game is an "also-ran" doesn't know what they're missing.

Rogue is like the guy who wins a marathon in which one of the other runners slammed full tilt into a lamppost and concussed themselves on national television.

Zachack
Jun 1, 2000

For the all of one of me playing on Xbone I made a goon club, join it for french cafe rendezvous on the banks of the sienne.

I think you search for Goonassin. Or maybe the tag SAAC (yes I stole it). I have no loving clue and the first time the virtual keyboard opened in-game it locked my system, good job on the social stuff ubis. I just want a club banner.

effervescible
Jun 29, 2012

i will eat your soul

DoYouHasaRabbit posted:

For the few people playing Rogue, does anyone know how to defeat Adewale? He just runs around throwing smoke bombs and basically one hit kills me half the time. Doesn't help that I can't counter him at all.

edit: goddamn. got him by shooting him off a ladder and aerial assassinating him. gently caress yeah

You're a monster.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Mr E posted:

I am, I changed my mind to fully sync the missions in the game and I replayed them. The only loading was when I was reloading Paris and it wasn't slower then 5s. Fully recommend an SDD for your games/OS to sit on because the speed is just amazing.

Tenzarin fucked around with this message at 07:34 on Nov 13, 2014

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

For those playing Rogue, do they address Edward Kenway's end? It feels like a fundamental flaw of the overarching Kenway saga that so many large chunks are stuck in the Expanded Universe novels.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Tenzarin posted:

I am, I changed my mind to fully sync the missions in the game and I replayed them. The only loading was when I was reloading Paris and it wasn't slower then 5s. Fully recommend an SDD for your games/OS to sit on because the speed is just amazing.

Looks like I'm moving my folder over. Anyone know if I can point Uplay to the new game location?

• Locked thread