Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Moai Ou posted:

David Byrne - Sounds From True Stories

Fuuuuuuck yooooooou

I have wanted that for ages, haven't had vinyl money in a while

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Monday_
Feb 18, 2006

Worked-up silent dork without sex ability seeks oblivion and demise.
The Great Twist
I ordered the Promise Ring/Texas Is The Reason split 7" from Discogs today. And the new Jeff Rosenstock 7" finally went on sale so I picked that up in both colors, silver and gold.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

MondayHotDog posted:

I ordered the Promise Ring/Texas Is The Reason split 7" from Discogs today. And the new Jeff Rosenstock 7" finally went on sale so I picked that up in both colors, silver and gold.
Did you get the Smith St Surrender 7 as well?

Monday_
Feb 18, 2006

The Great Twist

bowmore posted:

Did you get the Smith St Surrender 7 as well?

Nope, didn't get the bundle. Are they any good? I've never listened to them.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

MondayHotDog posted:

Nope, didn't get the bundle. Are they any good? I've never listened to them.
I think it is. Jeff produced the album it came from too (Throw me in the river) which is also on SideOne.

Give it a listen!

Here is the streaming link to make it easy: http://poisoncityrecords.bandcamp.com/album/throw-me-in-the-river-3

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Oh it and it goes without saying, listen to it loud.

Millions
Sep 13, 2007

Do you believe in heroes?
:circlefap:

I found this at Half Price Books today. It's a set of 4 LPs which contain recordings of JRR Tolkien reading over an hour of content from The Hobbit and Lord of the Rings, another half hour of assorted Middle Earth poems, and over an hour of his son Christopher reading a tale from The Silmarillion. Also a poster of Tolkien's original artwork. They let me use a 40% coupon too!

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

Coming from Finders Keepers early next year...

The Internet tells me this is a Big Deal.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Ballz posted:

The Internet tells me this is a Big Deal.

The Internet is correct as hell.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Pretty much every record store I frequent already carries two different pressings of the El Topo soundtrack and I have no idea what the difference is.

But I will buy the poo poo out of Holy Mountain, no question.

Monday_
Feb 18, 2006

The Great Twist
I went on an online 7" shopping spree and ordered:

Less Than Jake - Live From Chicago
Super Furry Animals/Bright Eyes/Danger Mouse - Lazerbeam/EasyLuckyFree
Roar - I'm Not Here To Make Friends
American War - Cages
Warehou$e Value - hosed Up On Lo-Fi

I have not heard any of these records yet.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

MondayHotDog posted:

I went on an online 7" shopping spree and ordered:

Less Than Jake - Live From Chicago
Super Furry Animals/Bright Eyes/Danger Mouse - Lazerbeam/EasyLuckyFree
Roar - I'm Not Here To Make Friends
American War - Cages
Warehou$e Value - hosed Up On Lo-Fi

I have not heard any of these records yet.
Way to be a dick and ignore my post about another 7"

Monday_
Feb 18, 2006

The Great Twist

bowmore posted:

Way to be a dick and ignore my post about another 7"

Sorry, I guess I missed it. Firefox is funky about picking up where you left off. I gave a couple tracks a listen, and that poo poo is intense. The drums pound. Ordered.

Also the BTMI/Mustard Plug split from Discogs. $9 to ship a 45 from Canada seems like highway robbery but it's one of the only BTMI 7"s I don't have.

Edit: I also love how super-Australian the singer sounds.

Duckula
Aug 31, 2001

do not resuscitate

So this just landed on my doorstep today.

The entire Mega Man 2 soundtrack on vinyl.

The best part? There's a bonus track. Ducktales - The Moon.

Duckula fucked around with this message at 16:12 on Nov 14, 2014

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES
is there any chance I can buy a copy?

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
That album art, and bonus track, are amazing

So jealous right now, and I'm not even a Mega Man fan

Duckula
Aug 31, 2001

do not resuscitate

HiipFire posted:

is there any chance I can buy a copy?

I got mine from Discogs. It might be worth adding it to your Want list - http://www.discogs.com/release/5971478

Monday_
Feb 18, 2006

The Great Twist
UUUUUGGGGHHHHH I just got an email about the new Saves The Day records. I did not want to spend this much money.

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

MondayHotDog posted:

UUUUUGGGGHHHHH I just got an email about the new Saves The Day records. I did not want to spend this much money.

Just don't buy them because the new record wasn't good?

Monday_
Feb 18, 2006

The Great Twist

a worthy uhh posted:

Just don't buy them because the new record wasn't good?

I liked it. :shrug:

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

Eh, I've kinda phased out of loving them so much. Saw them this year and it was a great nostalgia act but I wasn't vibing with anything new.

I'll sing Sell My Old Clothes at the top of my lungs any day of the week though.

lament.cfg fucked around with this message at 19:51 on Nov 14, 2014

Monday_
Feb 18, 2006

The Great Twist
Well one of the new records is Through Being Cool newly remastered and pressed on 180g.

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

MondayHotDog posted:

Well one of the new records is Through Being Cool newly remastered and pressed on 180g.

Ooooh

Ass Catchcum
Dec 21, 2008
I REALLY NEED TO SHUT THE FUCK UP FOREVER.
Will they have them on the tour? I'll just snag them there

Monday_
Feb 18, 2006

The Great Twist
There's two versions and one is tour exclusive.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.
I decided to pick up Primus and the Chocolate Factory and the copy the store ended up having was the limited edition hand numbered one with the spray painted cover. So that was cool.

luncheon meat
Oct 11, 2007

Brendan Jones, 42, Bendigo
Local vinyl fair happening today.

I hate to stereotype but from that image you can just loving tell that everything is going to be $25+.

(BTW to other Perth vinyl goons, specifically the dude who knows the special bin in Dada - I saw a bunch of Dio related records in there last week)

ambushsabre
Sep 1, 2009

It's...it's not shutting down!
The GTAIV soundtrack is my favorite video game soundtrack of all time (I'm talking about the score, the radio music was 'ok'), so I must own that new thing when it comes out.

Ron Burgundy
Dec 24, 2005
This burrito is delicious, but it is filling.

luncheon meat posted:

Local vinyl fair happening today.

I hate to stereotype but from that image you can just loving tell that everything is going to be $25+.

(BTW to other Perth vinyl goons, specifically the dude who knows the special bin in Dada - I saw a bunch of Dio related records in there last week)

Yeah the pricing is just going mental across the board it's insane. I only ended up getting a couple of 78s at the vic park fair.

I was looking in that box the week before last! Bugger.

Are you a member of the Perth Facebook records group where we further judge musical taste as well as format choice?

strap on revenge
Apr 8, 2011

that's my thing that i say

Ron Burgundy posted:

Yeah the pricing is just going mental across the board it's insane.

I have bought like 2 records this year because of this. I wanted to buy a copy of Jon Hopkins' Asleep Versions EP (which is a 4 track remix EP of tracks from his last album) and I haven't seen it for under $35

Giga Gaia
May 2, 2006

360 kickflip to... Meteo?!
I bought Closure in Moscow's record from your horrible country for entirely too god drat much money. It blew me away, to be honest. Great album though.

luncheon meat
Oct 11, 2007

Brendan Jones, 42, Bendigo

Ron Burgundy posted:

Yeah the pricing is just going mental across the board it's insane. I only ended up getting a couple of 78s at the vic park fair.

I was looking in that box the week before last! Bugger.

Are you a member of the Perth Facebook records group where we further judge musical taste as well as format choice?

I think I've only bought about a dozen records this year and the most I spent was on Syro ($35). poo poo is ridiculous but I guess that's what happens when people start catching on and people realise they can get $40 for old Joe Cocker albums.

Not in that Facebook group! Got a link?

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

wa27 posted:

I somehow missed this news, but Devo is releasing another early live album on a small label in a couple weeks. This time it's a 1977 Eagle Street Saloon show, which I would say is possibly the best and most interesting bootlegs circulating for fans of their early work. It's only a couple months before their Max's Kansas City shows that they put our in RSD, but their setlist changed a lot in that time. There's a handful of songs that never appeared on albums, and then really weird stuff like Polyvinyl Chloride.

At least I assume it's the same 05/28/77 show that's been circulating for years. Devo did play a few other shows there in '77. There's no tracklist yet and they didn't say the exact date or source of the recordings. They released a sample from the album and it does sound a bit clearer than the bootleg, but I bet they just remastered the same source. I'll have to check against my copy when I get home.

I don't see any way to pre-order, but it's available 11/17.

So this went up for pre-order today. £27.79 shipped to the US. Or $62 from Amazon. No thanks. :v: Maybe if it was all 20 songs from the performance, but it's only 10 tracks, and not even a great selection. How can you leave out Nutty Buddy? I think only two recordings of that song even exist!

It does look like a nice little package though, and might be worth getting if you're in the UK:
http://store.futurismoinc.com/

wa27 fucked around with this message at 17:50 on Nov 17, 2014

Mace Bacon
Apr 16, 2008

YOU'RE SLEEPING HERE? IS THIS WHERE YOU'RE SLEEPING? HUH?!

Duckula posted:

So this just landed on my doorstep today.

The entire Mega Man 2 soundtrack on vinyl.

The best part? There's a bonus track. Ducktales - The Moon.

My two loves; records and Mega Man, I'm keeping an eye on this on Discogs.

Cheesus
Oct 17, 2002

Let us retract the foreskin of ignorance and apply the wirebrush of enlightenment.
Yam Slacker

wa27 posted:

So this went up for pre-order today. £27.79 shipped to the US. Or $62 from Amazon. No thanks. :v: Maybe if it was all 20 songs from the performance, but it's only 10 tracks, and not even a great selection. How can you leave out Nutty Buddy? I think only two recordings of that song even exist!
Wow, that's pretty bad.

Devo's FB page claims they'll be making some available stateside via clubdevo, but I'll have a hard time biting if it's over $30 including shipping.

juniperjones
Apr 27, 2012

Mace Bacon posted:

My two loves; records and Mega Man, I'm keeping an eye on this on Discogs.

I want this so bad. VINYL 8-bit music. Let alone Mega Man 2, which has some of the best 8-bit music ever¿ I can only imagine how awesome it would be to have this and be able to put it on at any time.

Thom and the Heads
Oct 27, 2010

Farscape is actually pretty cool.
Hey vinyl thread Amazon has a few more of the new Flying Lotus LP on sale for 12 loving dollars for some reason. Pls buy these this album owns http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00MORIXBU/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Thom and the Heads fucked around with this message at 22:37 on Nov 18, 2014

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

Cheesus posted:

Wow, that's pretty bad.

Devo's FB page claims they'll be making some available stateside via clubdevo, but I'll have a hard time biting if it's over $30 including shipping.

Ah, that's good to hear. The Hardcore Devo release and their RSD releases haven't been unreasonably priced so I'll hold out hope, but I'm with you, $30 is about my limit on something like that.

put both hands in
Nov 28, 2007

:swoon:FYFE:swoon:

Thom and the Heads posted:

Hey vinyl thread Amazon has a few more of the new Flying Lotus LP on sale for 12 loving dollars for some reason. Pls buy these this album owns http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00MORIXBU/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I noticed from that page they have the new Aphex Twin and Caribou albums on vinyl for quite cheap (<$14) as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002
They must have pressed a million copies of those