Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.

AriadneThread posted:

John manifests in the real world and beats up the real Andrew Hussie until he agrees to write a happy ending where the earth is saved and everyone lives

The last update is a live action film.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Y'know, that does bring up an interesting point. What's the thread's consensus on the ending of Homestuck? Problem Sleuth was funny throughout, then got a bit serious, and then finished out with the whole "everything ended up great" kind of tone. Will Homestuck be the same way? It's a bit too late to go back to the goofy tone the story originally had (plus most of the cast has died at least once, some of them several times) so that sort of ending is right out, in my opinion.

VERY COOL MAN
Jun 24, 2011

THESE PACKETS ARE... SUMMARILY DEALT WITH

DaveKap posted:

Well that update was weird as gently caress. I almost never think about MSPA except for when I'm reading it but earlier today it popped into my head and I was thinking "huh, I wonder what was ever up with the crazy Jade that blew herself up" and bam, after no mention of it since it occurred, today's update is delving into that version of Jade. Fuckin' creepy.

Hey so um... avatars. Did anyone want one? It's been almost forever and I have to reinstall swf decompiler and photoshop but MSPA is back so why not celebrate with some AV-replacing, right?

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

glowing-fish posted:

I hope that John shows up in one of the earlier MSPAs, or shows up in the news column.

Maybe John can get a past Kanaya, transport to Bard's Quest, and let her kill another clown. I would see that.

Homestuck + Whistles crossover for explaining why there's no second book.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

CJacobs posted:

Y'know, that does bring up an interesting point. What's the thread's consensus on the ending of Homestuck? Problem Sleuth was funny throughout, then got a bit serious, and then finished out with the whole "everything ended up great" kind of tone. Will Homestuck be the same way? It's a bit too late to go back to the goofy tone the story originally had (plus most of the cast has died at least once, some of them several times) so that sort of ending is right out, in my opinion.

I've held out this long for the promise of a super cathartic ending, or to enjoy that promise being hilariously broken.

Poultron
May 26, 2006

It doesn't make me happy if you call me cute, you bastard!
I don't think the end is in sight just yet. Remember when he said gently caress everything and just straight up did another 4 kids, that was in the style of Act 1?

life_source
May 11, 2008

i got tired of looking at your edgy baby avatar that a 14-year old would be proud of

Poultron posted:

I don't think the end is in sight just yet. Remember when he said gently caress everything and just straight up did another 4 kids, that was in the style of Act 1?

Which was part of the plan from page 0?

Poultron
May 26, 2006

life_source posted:

So what? The point is that he can easily go back to some comedy stylings if he wants to.

H.P. Shivcraft
Mar 17, 2008

STAY UNRULY, YOU HEARTLESS MONSTERS!

life_source posted:

Was it? I thought he said at some point (a Tumblr Q&A, maybe?) that the whole Scratch ectobio-swap only began to form in his mind in Act 2 or 3.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

H.P. Shivcraft posted:

Was it? I thought he said at some point (a Tumblr Q&A, maybe?) that the whole Scratch ectobio-swap only began to form in his mind in Act 2 or 3.

I think Act3 was when Jade's pen-pal was first mentioned so it was probably thought of by then at least.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Definitely Act 2 or 3. I want to say Act 2 honestly- it's whenever Rose first goes into her mom's lab and we see the 8 Player Session map thing.

Poultron
May 26, 2006

Burkion posted:

Definitely Act 2 or 3. I want to say Act 2 honestly- it's whenever Rose first goes into her mom's lab and we see the 8 Player Session map thing.

Can you find that page?

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012

AriadneThread posted:

John manifests in the real world and beats up the real Andrew Hussie until he agrees to write a happy ending where the earth is saved and everyone lives

That would actually be perfectly satisfying in all honesty.

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us

Poultron posted:

Can you find that page?
http://www.mspaintadventures.com/?s=6&p=002774
It couldn't be Act II, because Mom Lalonde doesn't open up the path to the lab until WV: Ascend.

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

Poultron posted:

Can you find that page?

Top Right.

Stealth edit: beaten. I guess there's a chance Hussie might've intended a four-player Troll session at first though.

Poultron
May 26, 2006

Thanks. That page is relatively innocuous when you first see it, so I totally missed that. loving Hussie man.

curiousTerminal
Sep 2, 2011

what a humorous anecdote.
People were spectating about the eight player session for years. When the trolls first got introduced people thought that they were going to merge later, since the other 8 hadn't been introduced yet. Once they all started dying everyone thought that it was going to end with four alive and they would merge with John and co. When Act 6 happened people brought up the 8 player session again, and at least this time it stuck.

frozentreasure
Nov 13, 2012

~
It looked like Stitch was fixing up Clover's effigy. How would Clover have even gotten hurt?

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

frozentreasure posted:

It looked like Stitch was fixing up Clover's effigy. How would Clover have even gotten hurt?

Newspaper's are dangerous man.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

frozentreasure posted:

"Hey Clover, I bet you 500 bucks you don't get hurt at any point today." "Usually it's the other way around and people are sure they *can* hurt me! Well I consider it a win-win, if I lose that means I'm fine and I get money if I get hurt so you're on!"

(chandelier immediately falls on Clover in a visibly harmful but non-lethal manner)

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

frozentreasure posted:

Clover's solid purple, the hat Stitch is working on is striped purple. Looks like Egg's loving around with Biscuits again. Typical.

Iny
Jan 11, 2012

frozentreasure posted:

Nah man, that hat has a purple stripe, it's not solid purple. Eggs is the kind of dope who gets hurt all the time.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?
,uMMMM that's Eggs' hat. Clover's a solid, that hat's a stripe. Also Clover's right there in the background, not hurt, although with time shenanigans that probably doesn't mean much, except that, as mentioned, the hat on the effigy, is different to the hat, on Clover's head, that he customarily wears.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!
Ahem it's explicitly stated in canon that The Felt keep Eggs and Biscuit's effigies offsite because there's so drat many of them.
:goonsay:

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

huh, I guess Die is the kind of puppet man who really likes chicken.

Don't judge too harshly, it's more common than you think: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HaAkX1N4tEQ

Hahaha, oh Gonzo and Camilla. When I watched you on TV as a child I had no idea your seemingly sweet relationship was a horrifying bestiality joke.

Other
Jul 10, 2007

Post it easy!
I think he has the chickens on account of them being used in his role of being a voodoo witchdoctor, giving his doll and hat and all

Note Block
May 14, 2007

nothing could fit so perfectly inside

Fun Shoe
I met another Homestuck in the wild (aka not at a convention) for the first time but she hasn't started reading since the gigapause so it was hard not to blurt out "KARKAT IS DEAD. OH GOD HE'S DEAD AGAIN. DEAD FOR REALS, MAYBE."

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Considering we are on page 8921 right now according to the urls, I wonder if in 79 pages there will be a callback to a different page from a long while ago featuring a certain meme.

edit: Well, actually, it's way less than that I guess. This page is only 7000-some according to the filename of the page itself so never mind, we still have a wide margin before the joke can come back around.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...

Note Block posted:

I met another Homestuck in the wild (aka not at a convention) for the first time but she hasn't started reading since the gigapause so it was hard not to blurt out "KARKAT IS DEAD. OH GOD HE'S DEAD AGAIN. DEAD FOR REALS, MAYBE."

I greet every new person I meet in this fashion. Homestuck or not.

Davinci
Feb 21, 2013
Are there any real life children named after any of the trolls yet

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!

Davinci posted:

Thankfully, Homestucks don't have sex.

Paul.Power
Feb 7, 2009

The three roles of APCs:
Transports.
Supply trucks.
Distractions.

Davinci posted:

I'm sure I remember reading a few years ago that someone named their kid "John Karkat [surname]".

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Thankfully the human names are all normal, so a kid named after one of them will get along fine. It's a kid stuck with a troll name you have to pity.

And as for endings, I have steadfastly believed from the beginning that the story won't end until John finds a way to Save The Earth (as in, the world as we know it with humans and Nic Cage movies). He's a hero in the classic "save the world" mold and his unflappable optimism will settle for nothing less even in a decaying multiverse where his home planet blowing up was one of the few things that went as planned.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.

Dolash posted:

And as for endings, I have steadfastly believed from the beginning that the story won't end until John finds a way to Save The Earth (as in, the world as we know it with humans and Nic Cage movies). He's a hero in the classic "save the world" mold and his unflappable optimism will settle for nothing less even in a decaying multiverse where his home planet blowing up was one of the few things that went as planned.

I at least hope he finds some way to save his dad, the best character in Homestuck. But yeah, I could see this. Question is, how exactly will he go about it?

donges
Aug 4, 2012

I'd rather be vomiting and I despise vomiting. Blegh!

Paul.Power posted:

I'm sure I remember reading a few years ago that someone named their kid "John Karkat [surname]".

A friend of mine got banned from the MSPA forums for basically telling that person that they're awful at parenting.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

I have a Homestuck cookie question. Homestuck kept shooting me back to the end of Act 6 Act 6 Act 4 (p=008821) no matter how many times I deleted my cookies through the webpage. Eventually I deleted the cookie manually, went to 008921, and saved a cookie. Now Homestuck always shoots me to the beginning. (Chromebook/Chrome, FWIW.)

I checked, and my p_cookie on https://www.mspaintadventures.com is correctly set to 8921. However, that doesn't affect where I land. Does anybody have solutions to suggest?

[edit: nvm. The problem had to do with having mspaintadventures.com's p_cookie different from https://www.mspaintadventures.com's p_cookie.]

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.
we still don't have any answers on what we're all really wondering: when does spades slick arrive

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

atomicthumbs posted:

we still don't have any answers on what we're all really wondering: when does spades slick arrive

Agreed, I can't wait to see what he'll get up to.

On a side note, I can't get that drat Basco song out of my head. It's a freaking earworm and it don't stop.

♫ I'm geeking out ♫

Poultron
May 26, 2006

ThaumPenguin posted:

Agreed, I can't wait to see what he'll get up to.

On a side note, I can't get that drat Basco song out of my head. It's a freaking earworm and it don't stop.

♫ I'm geeking out ♫

It is a bad song and a bad video.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

Poultron posted:

It is a bad song and a bad video.

Agreed.