Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Badcounterpoint
Mar 5, 2014

Tezzeract posted:

Holy smokes, you can grind purples to get legendaries now!!! You can't moonstone guarantee it though.
You good sir have made my day. Thank you very much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Another little fixed glitch: The midget adds that come in during the RedBelly fight don't infinitely spawn anymore once Red and Belly are both dead. A bit of a shame because I usually used them to top myself off up to the next level while I was there!

xPanda
Feb 6, 2003

Was that me or the door?
People might be able to grind purples to get oranges now, but, for me at least, I don't seem to be able to grind whites to get greens, nor greens to get blues now. Weird.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

So... how in the gently caress do I slam? From the controls, it doesn't really say, unless I'm missing a huge bit.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

widespread posted:

So... how in the gently caress do I slam? From the controls, it doesn't really say, unless I'm missing a huge bit.

You don't get the ability until you get an OZ-Pack, but when you do you crouch while in mid-jump.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Speaking of butt slamming, I only recently discovered that you can hit space (or whatever jump is on controllers) to cancel a butt slam after you've started it. Y'know, in case you change your mind or your target moves out of the way or whatever.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

You don't get the ability until you get an OZ-Pack, but when you do you crouch while in mid-jump.

OH. I might have missed that bit then. Or is it just never explained at all? My money's on "I missed that bit".

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

widespread posted:

OH. I might have missed that bit then. Or is it just never explained at all? My money's on "I missed that bit".

Probably just missed it. One of the very first side-quests after getting it teaches you how it works. The one where you have to jump for the camera, and then jump and shoot targets, and then jump and booty-slam a target.

Let's just start calling it a booty-slam.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten
Has anyone had a problem where some of the power suits you need to kill spawn under the world in the Dahl Factory?

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007

wdarkk posted:

Has anyone had a problem where some of the power suits you need to kill spawn under the world in the Dahl Factory?

Had this exact problem on my playthrough with The Doppleganger yesterday. After a reload(still bugged) and some running around I was able to get it to poke its head through the ground and kill it. I was really close to giving up and finding a save editor to skip past it.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
I had an issue where the fliers you need to collect fell through some geometry. Restarted the game and the fliers were just sitting where they should spawn normally, although the original bugged fliers were still there stuck in the geometry.

VaultAggie
Nov 18, 2010

Best out of 71?
Did anyone else have a problem with To the Moon in True Vault? The container you're supposed to be guarding dies in seconds no matter how fast I kill the soldiers.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

Probably just missed it. One of the very first side-quests after getting it teaches you how it works. The one where you have to jump for the camera, and then jump and shoot targets, and then jump and booty-slam a target.

Let's just start calling it a booty-slam.

Funny thing is, that's the sidequest that had me asking about how to gravityslam booty-slam in the first place.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."
Also, in addition to an Oz Kit, you need to have oxygen, and I think you have to get enough height to really be able to perform a slam. Sometimes an ordinary jump won't get you high enough and you'll just peacefully return to the ground.

Tezzeract
Dec 25, 2007

Think I took a wrong turn...

xPanda posted:

People might be able to grind purples to get oranges now, but, for me at least, I don't seem to be able to grind whites to get greens, nor greens to get blues now. Weird.

That's kinda weird. My regular grinder recipes still work.

Skandranon
Sep 6, 2008
fucking stupid, dont listen to me

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

Also, in addition to an Oz Kit, you need to have oxygen, and I think you have to get enough height to really be able to perform a slam. Sometimes an ordinary jump won't get you high enough and you'll just peacefully return to the ground.

In low gravity, an ordinary jump will more than get you enough height. On Hyperion and other high(er) gravity areas, a normal jump is not enough. If you are really quick, you can double jump, and at the apex get in a buttslam, but it's tricky.

NuttO
Oct 22, 2001

sold fifty gold sixty platinum

VaultAggie posted:

Did anyone else have a problem with To the Moon in True Vault? The container you're supposed to be guarding dies in seconds no matter how fast I kill the soldiers.

Yeah, I had the same problem. I've seen some people say that playing in a group and camping the spawn points will help, but I've never bothered trying.

Badcounterpoint
Mar 5, 2014
So focusing down the Ceraunic Storm side of Athena's skill tree i have found the ZX-1 is ridiculously awesome. Yes I know I am a scrub for not going down xiphos. Is there a better weapon for that side of the tree? Or have I found the the one that matters?

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

i was told my old av was distracting

Skandranon posted:

In low gravity, an ordinary jump will more than get you enough height. On Hyperion and other high(er) gravity areas, a normal jump is not enough. If you are really quick, you can double jump, and at the apex get in a buttslam, but it's tricky.

Or just jump off a guard rail or couch

Artificial Idiocy
Jul 11, 2008

Badcounterpoint posted:

So focusing down the Ceraunic Storm side of Athena's skill tree i have found the ZX-1 is ridiculously awesome. Yes I know I am a scrub for not going down xiphos. Is there a better weapon for that side of the tree? Or have I found the the one that matters?

The ZX-1 is good but in a vacuum you can't set enemies on fire, so it loses a bit of its power. The legendary SMG called IVF is really really strong for Athena, and a shock variant of it could be her best gun. It's like the Babymaker from BL2, in that it's a Tediore which spawns 2 more smaller exploding guns after the first reload explosion. Also, the reload explosions do absurdly high damage, so your playstyle with it will be firing off the fewest shots you can squeeze with a trigger press and reloading as often as possible. Since Ceraunic Storm has bonus reload speed as well, it pumps out damage very quickly.

Trudis
Mar 23, 2008

This is the Dawning of the Age of Hilarious
The only problem with that is with tediore guns, you lose all the bullets in the magazine you don't expend, because, you know, you threw the gun that contained them away.

Wyld Karde
Mar 18, 2013

She's so ~dreamy~
Yeah, but the damage caused by a thrown Tediore also depends on how much ammo remains in the clip. Fire one shot then reload to maximise the grenade damage of the thrown weapon.

Trudis
Mar 23, 2008

This is the Dawning of the Age of Hilarious
I just mean you can't form a playstyle out of literally throwing all of your bullets away.

Or maybe you can. I don't know, borderlands is hosed up.

LostCosmonaut
Feb 15, 2014

Wyld Karde posted:

Yeah, but the damage caused by a thrown Tediore also depends on how much ammo remains in the clip. Fire one shot then reload to maximise the grenade damage of the thrown weapon.

Back in the early days of BL2, the amp damage from the Bee would also get added to each round.

Holy poo poo, the old Bee was broken as gently caress.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Nose Manual + Super Sonic Spin Attack

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

:eng101: Buttslams don't consume o2. Seriously go and try it. I know they kept saying slamming and jumping was tied to o2 in the pre launch stuff but slamming is free.

Also, if you tap crouch you'll just return to the ground, you need to hold crouch to actually slam. However if you have crouch toggle on in the options then you will always slam with a tap because it's toggled it on. That's why tapping it again will cancel the slam.

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

I wanna be a saikyo HERO!
What I find to be really dissatisfying is that if you buttslam and land on a foe, you just lamely bounce off of them rather than doing the buttslam instead. You'd think slamming down on folks like a Mario would be the thing to do.

falconry
Oct 9, 2012

Alien Rope Burn posted:

What I find to be really dissatisfying is that if you buttslam and land on a foe, you just lamely bounce off of them rather than doing the buttslam instead. You'd think slamming down on folks like a Mario would be the thing to do.

Not that Kraggons are hard to fight, but they would be 10x less annoying to deal with if they didn't roll under the buttslam at every opportunity they get.

Skandranon
Sep 6, 2008

Badcounterpoint posted:

I think the ZX-1 is bugged in this regard. Each hit seems to spawn it's own burn effect, instead of refreshing the same one. So you can set an enemy on fire 50 times, and each tick from each DoT adds Maelstrom stacks. Other fire weapons don't stack DoTs in this way.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Alien Rope Burn posted:

But you do 7 damage! Regardless of level or enemy type!

Yes I have totally killed small kraggons purely by bouncing on them, 7HP at a time, why do you ask? :shobon:

Skandranon posted:

I think the ZX-1 is bugged in this regard. Each hit seems to spawn it's own burn effect, instead of refreshing the same one. So you can set an enemy on fire 50 times, and each tick from each DoT adds Maelstrom stacks. Other fire weapons don't stack DoTs in this way.

Doesn't the Hellfire work this way?

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

AirRaid posted:

:eng101: Buttslams don't consume o2. Seriously go and try it. I know they kept saying slamming and jumping was tied to o2 in the pre launch stuff but slamming is free.

Also, if you tap crouch you'll just return to the ground, you need to hold crouch to actually slam. However if you have crouch toggle on in the options then you will always slam with a tap because it's toggled it on. That's why tapping it again will cancel the slam.

I'm not saying they consume oxygen, but I'm pretty sure you need to have oxygen to perform one. If you're suffocating, you can't butt slam.

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

I'm not saying they consume oxygen, but I'm pretty sure you need to have oxygen to perform one. If you're suffocating, you can't butt slam.

I'm fairly sure you can but it's been a bit since I played.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vs1QvoIiYn4

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

I can't watch that video from here, but I am assuming it is showing somebody butt slamming while suffocating? Because if so then I retract my statement.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006
A proper link for the Tales from the Borderlands trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p_Tn4Yk5hxM

I recognize Patrick Warburton, Laura Bailey and Chris Hardwick.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Megazver posted:

Good to see that the BL2 characters look to be in the game.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Megazver posted:

You recognize all those and not Troy Baker?

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006

Alteisen posted:

You recognize all those and not Troy Baker?

According to the Internet Rhys is supposed to be either Troy Baker or Sam Witwer and I honestly can't tell which.

Doodles
Apr 14, 2001

Trudis posted:

I just mean you can't form a playstyle out of literally throwing all of your bullets away.

Or maybe you can. I don't know, borderlands is hosed up.

I see folks use that tactic against the final/raid boss and Iwajira all the time. Any character will work, but use Nisha specced with Tombstone, or Claptrap's Boomtrap tree for extra broken results.

Skandranon
Sep 6, 2008
Iwajira is pretty easy to cheese. If you throw a longbow-mirv grenade into his mouth while open, they should all hit for critical damage. You could do the same to the Warrior in BL2, once you blew off a chest piece.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

Megazver posted:

I am looking forward to Office Space In Space.

• Locked thread