Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Keeku
Jun 3, 2005

I think Laurel looks amazing in her Black Canary costume. I may be in the minority in this thinking, but I think it's because it's a female comic book character that doesn't show off cleavage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
I like that the thing everyone was bitching about in the thread previously the whole " hey, remember when roy straight up killed that dude?", got addressed.

Also, welp guess Roys not the father.

Slamhound
Mar 27, 2010
Last night: Gorilla Grodd
Tonight: Boxing Glove Arrow

What a time to be alive.

Stayne Falls
Aug 11, 2007
Everything was beautiful

Slamhound posted:

What a time to be alive.

This.

I was a little miffed that Oliver was trying to act like Ted killing someone was unforgivable. Ollie, your body count is way higher man. Slowly dismount from that high horse.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003
I checked out Cupid's background on wikipedia and I gotta say, it's a neat concept for a character.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.

Slamhound posted:

What a time to be alive.

Grodd being shot with a Boxing glove arrow. :swoon:

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

JohnSherman posted:

This already looks bad.
Not the worst version of Cupid though
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JbTxckMkWsA

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
Best version of Oliver Queen though.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Rewatching the first part of the episode and I find that I missed a reference to the end of season 2 during the blood test scene.:v:

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

BrianWilly posted:

Best version of Oliver Queen though.
Well yeah because Will Friedle is awesome

But you are still wrong :colbert:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2GMbeQe0klA

Yannick_B
Oct 11, 2007
I thought the show did a pretty good job walking back from their Roy dream.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

BrianWilly posted:

I can't get over how wobbly her form is. It's like she's gonna drop that bow at any second.

Well with the character she's playing it's probably intentional.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

achillesforever6 posted:

Well yeah because Will Friedle is awesome

But you are still wrong :colbert:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2GMbeQe0klA

Someone tweet that to Amell to make it happen.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Show's over guys. We've reached peak Arrow.

I'm a little sad Roy wasn't a Slade Wilson sleeper agent :(

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
BOXING GLOVE ARROW!!!!

Really glad Roy wasn't the killer, I thought that idea was stupid.

I feel like they're kind of in a holding pattern at the moment. We know the crossover is coming and then the midseason break, so it feels kind of like they're just putting a lot of plot threads together for later and not really doing a whole lot to push stuff along.

Oracle
Oct 9, 2004

Poor Roy.

'Yay I didn't kill Sara! Instead I... killed a cop?! And you KNEW?! And you didn't TELL ME?!?'

God Oliver really is the most hypocritical rear end in a top hat.

'You killed a guy accidentally six years ago when you were a vigilante! LAUREL YOU MUST STAY AWAY FROM HIM!' Why, because he has not racked up your body count and thus must be unworthy of teaching her?

Also still really not feeling Laurel's desire to 'find justice outside of a courtroom.' Yeah, you're not looking for justice, you're looking for vengeance. And punching out a few mooks makes the world such a better place/is so much more empowering than acting as DA and actually putting criminals behind bars legally. I mean Ollie and Sara were pretty much worthless talentless fuckups when they got on that boat. Ollie was a trust fund kid who had just dropped out or been kicked out of his third college and Sara was a part-time bartender. It's a step up when they both have to harden up and learn how to fight and they were still pretty much forced into it kicking and screaming. Laurel's already a successful lawyer and has been promoted to D.A. (or assistant DA I forget which). It just rubs me the wrong way the only way she apparently sees to make a difference is through vigilante violence when she's already making more of a positive difference in the world than her TRAINED PRACTICING ASSASSIN SISTER ever did. The whole plot just stretches incredulity. On a show with no-poo poo BOXING GLOVE ARROWS.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
I'm actually getting tired of Oliver's holier than thou I know best attitude and it'd be great if his righteous indignation was served right in his non Van Dyke wearing face.

Ugh... it's so difficult to watch every scene with him as he just comes off as a sanctimonious asshat.

Ollie's always been self righteous but it always get's put right back in his face, he's basically Super Liberal Batman.

Oracle
Oct 9, 2004

I comfort myself with the idea that his uppance is coming. They've kind of turned the sanctimonious jerkometer to 11 this season and its gotta be for a reason.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Hollismason posted:

Ollie's always been self righteous but it always get's put right back in his face, he's basically Super Liberal Batman.

Uh, that's sorta what Green Arrow is.

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES
I had no idea that was coming.

What a time to be alive, indeed!

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Hollismason posted:

he's basically Super Liberal Batman.

Yes, that's what he is.

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

Yeah, I liked the episode as a whole but really hope the "Oliver is a gigantic twat" story is intentional. Odd that Ted or Laurel or Diggle or Roy didn't remind Oliver that he murdered a small batallion of people in his first year back in Starling.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat
Ollie's all " Ted Grant Killed ONE WHOLE PERSON!!! He's a MENACE, Laurel!"

lol, ollie, you loving hypocrite douchebag.

YOu know, I really haven't been liking Oliver for a while, the writers are making him weird and stupid.

edit: Okay, I guess he's not all bad. Still a douche. Half-a-douche.

Drifter fucked around with this message at 08:17 on Nov 13, 2014

Baronash
Feb 29, 2012

So what do you want to be called?

Keeku posted:

I think Laurel looks amazing in her Black Canary costume. I may be in the minority in this thinking, but I think it's because it's a female comic book character that doesn't show off cleavage.

I haven't seen the costume, but the general consensus here is that it is pretty great. Don't let me stop you from being self-righteous though.

VagueRant
May 24, 2012
  • Cupid already feels like Huntress 2.0.
  • They totally pussied out of the Roy thing and the fact his vision included Sarah's last words was a cheap loving cheat (though at least they are addressing that one murder that never got brought up again).
  • Hong Kong flashbacks are super boring.
  • Wildcat has no charisma or presence, it's like he doesn't fit the show at all.
  • Laurel continues to be annoying, and the worst D.A. and they're writing her in circles.
  • Diggle gets to point a gun a bit but is still relegated to just being the driver.
Boxing glove arrow can't save that. :smith:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
OMG BOXING GLOVE ARROW AAAAAAA :neckbeard:

KilGrey
Mar 13, 2005

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? Just put your lips together and blow...

I'm happy they found a way to make fans happy with the boxing glove arrow that wasn't cheap and forced.

I'm really surprised Dig's reaction to Roy killing Sara was to cut him loose and comment on "justice for Sara". If Roy had killed Sara, Dig should know it wasn't Roy's fault. Roy wasn't out freebasing Mirakuru on purpose for funsies and caused himself to go out of his mind. He was a victim too.

I am glad that Roy came right out with it and didn't sit on it for 10 episodes though.

Keeku posted:

I completely agree. I hated that about Sara's costume. It looked impractical as a whole. You aren't going to fight crime in a corset with your boobs hanging out. Laurel's actually looks functional while still being bad rear end and sexy. I know female costumes in comics are usually gratuitous, but they don't have to translate them to the show that way. They really do need to get rid of the blonde on blonde wigs though. It makes the idea no one recognizes them even more silly than it already is.

KilGrey fucked around with this message at 12:39 on Nov 13, 2014

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
The flashbacks are pretty tedious, every week with the chinese lady being all "Please I want you out of my house as soon as possible, do your job please". And Ollie's sitting there like "Uh, yeah, I want out of here too, I'm doing everything I can". "You don't understand, you need to leave."

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

greatn posted:

The flashbacks are pretty tedious, every week with the chinese lady being all "Please I want you out of my house as soon as possible, do your job please". And Ollie's sitting there like "Uh, yeah, I want out of here too, I'm doing everything I can". "You don't understand, you need to leave."

All of the flashbacks have been rubbish, from the first episode up to now.

I just don't care, give me more action now. There have been times when the character relationships from the flashbacks matter, but that doesn't mean we need them every week with a tenuous tie to the current episode. Hey Olly remembered something in the past because of a candle, let's do that again now, gently caress off.

but i will join in with Boxing Glove Arrow!

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The flashbacks are chronological too. Ollie has conveniently never needed something he learned at a different point in his past to solve something. The relevant events are happening in the same order he learned all those tricks 5 years earlier.

Woden
May 6, 2006
Agreed on the flashbacks being lovely, not digging that formula at all and never have.

Aphrodite posted:

The flashbacks are chronological too. Ollie has conveniently never needed something he learned at a different point in his past to solve something. The relevant events are happening in the same order he learned all those tricks 5 years earlier.
:psylon:

Martout
Aug 8, 2007

None so deprived
gently caress yes boxing glove arrow! I love you, Arrow scriptwriters!

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

VagueRant posted:

• Cupid already feels like Huntress 2.0.
  • They totally pussied out of the Roy thing and the fact his vision included Sarah's last words was a cheap loving cheat (though at least they are addressing that one murder that never got brought up again).
  • Hong Kong flashbacks are super boring.
  • Wildcat has no charisma or presence, it's like he doesn't fit the show at all.
  • Laurel continues to be annoying, and the worst D.A. and they're writing her in circles.
  • Diggle gets to point a gun a bit but is still relegated to just being the driver.
Boxing glove arrow can't save that. :smith:

Counter point! Anything with bullet points is automatically boring. Cupid literally said 3 words, drama queen.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
I think it was really badass and a little underappreciated how Laurel threw Wildcub's rear end out of the car as soon as he leaned out to take a shot.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Gotta say, Laurel's costume is pretty cool. Can't wait for the fishnets joke.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
They made the fishnets joke in S1.

Yannick_B
Oct 11, 2007
Oliver being an hypocrite is pretty great and I can't wait for it to blow up in his face.

(It probably will in the form of Cupid as his sort-of Harley Quinn).

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
I hope so because it's getting actualy difficult to watch him interact with other characters and making me dislike him. He's Self Righteous in the comic books but it's tempered by the people specifically Black Canary calling him out on his being a poo poo head.

imperialparadox
Apr 17, 2012

Don't tell me no one has told the girl she isn't exactly human!

Oracle posted:

God Oliver really is the most hypocritical rear end in a top hat.

'You killed a guy accidentally six years ago when you were a vigilante! LAUREL YOU MUST STAY AWAY FROM HIM!' Why, because he has not racked up your body count and thus must be unworthy of teaching her?

That's Ollie's big character flaw, but yeah it's starting to get annoying because he never really seems to grow and step away from it. Every time that he's proven to be a hypocrite and wrong, he seems to forget about it an episode or two later. I guess it's part of his character, but it does get annoying.

...and then there was boxing-glove arrow, so I can forgive.

BSam posted:

All of the flashbacks have been rubbish, from the first episode up to now.

The thing that cracks me up about this season's flashbacks is that apparently Waller needed a covert ops agent in Hong Kong, so she chooses white-bread Ollie for the job? Totally inconspicuous, guys.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

imperialparadox posted:

The thing that cracks me up about this season's flashbacks is that apparently Waller needed a covert ops agent in Hong Kong, so she chooses white-bread Ollie for the job? Totally inconspicuous, guys.

No the best part is the fact she already has someone who can do everything Ollie's doing and she's just using him to monitor Ollie.

• Locked thread