Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
will I later regret not putting effort into this poll?
Yes
No
View Results

• Locked thread
Draven
May 6, 2005

friendship is magic

Kizurue posted:

Is it sad reading the thread today has been more enjoyable than actually playing? :allears:

Back in the day, that was the case all the time. I'm hoping my wife goes to sleep soon so I can start playing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quabzor
Oct 17, 2010

My whole life just flashed before my eyes! Dude, I sleep a lot.

Smelly posted:

Back in the day, that was the case all the time. I'm hoping my wife goes to sleep soon so I can start playing.

,and now we wait for the mods to show up.

Puckish Rogue
Jun 24, 2010

I tried using a paladin on Comeback and couldn't see a drat thing.

I was impotent in my rage. And then after in bed.

Static Rook
Dec 1, 2000

by Lowtax
I like most of the maps for Domination. Sure, they're all B point clusterfucks but they're FUN clusterfucks. I think Detroit and Instinct are my favorites right now. And I hated Instinct the first couple times I played it.

EDIT

To elaborate, most of the maps have a good mix of open space and cramped areas but those two feel like they have the best mix. Since I'm running with the Bulldog right now, I appreciate those spots that make you get up close and personal. :whatup:

Static Rook fucked around with this message at 09:49 on Nov 13, 2014

Puckish Rogue
Jun 24, 2010

Static Rook posted:

I like most of the maps for Domination. Sure, they're all B point clusterfucks but they're FUN clusterfucks. I think Detroit and Instinct are my favorites right now. And I hated Instinct the first couple times I played it.

I was shocked B on instinct wasn't located inside the ruins so that it could be a complete loving massacre at all times.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Christ, the Pytaek don't gently caress around. I just got my first triple kill yet with that loving thing.

Puckish Rogue
Jun 24, 2010

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

Christ, the Pytaek don't gently caress around. I just got my first triple kill yet with that loving thing.

I've seen a few people running around with this, but only on KC. Is it actually any good? The only game I used LMG's on for more than about 24 seconds is Ghosts.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Dalai Trauma posted:

I've seen a few people running around with this, but only on KC. Is it actually any good? The only game I used LMG's on for more than about 24 seconds is Ghosts.
It's gotten me a bunch more kills than the pair of Wolfenstein LMGs has so far. I'm still exclusively playing Ground War, so TDM, KC and Dom.

I'm not usually an LMG fan either but I tried this one out and it was working better than I thought.

limited
Dec 10, 2005
Limited Sanity

Dalai Trauma posted:

It's got a fun mechanic that gives it basically zero recoil after the first dozen or so shots, and it doesn't matter if you fire them from the hip or transition to ADS. It's great to strafe people with from the hip while boost-dodging, then ADS in when the recoil stabilises.

Puckish Rogue
Jun 24, 2010

It's gotten me a bunch more kills than the pair of Wolfenstein LMGs has so far. I'm still exclusively playing Ground War, so TDM, KC and Dom.

I'm not usually an LMG fan either but I tried this one out and it was working better than I thought.

The only thing I couldn't deal with is mobility. Even using a non-AK assault rifle makes me feel slow. It could be fun to grab one, put 4 scorestreaks on and camp it up for some angry kill mics though...

Bagpuss_UK
May 22, 2001

(NOT BAGPUSS)
That this thread is ten times more entertaining than the game it is about sums it all up I think.

Ghosts was more fun than Advanced Warfare :aaa:

BaronVanAwesome
Sep 11, 2001

I will never learn the secrets of "Increased fake female boar sp..."

Never say never, buddy.
Now you know.
Now we all know.
So I've got this going on with my camo challenges. It says I've only done 4/7 camo challenges for my gun, meaning I guess I'll never get diamond.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

I Am Frick
Mar 26, 2004

The lesser half
of Frick and Frack
Thank loving god, a patch for the 360! WAIT, GOD DAMNIT, THE CHALLENGES HAVEN'T BEEN FIXED. What did they patch?!?!?

BaronVanAwesome posted:

So I've got this going on with my camo challenges. It says I've only done 4/7 camo challenges for my gun, meaning I guess I'll never get diamond.

Really simple solution here - do the challenges. Hover over all of them to double-check - some of them aren't done on your end due to prestiges. Basically, when you prestige, you keep the camo but the challenge resets. So some of those are showing the camo, but you haven't completed the challenge on this prestige.

Goodchild
Jan 3, 2010
I wish they had patched the horrible lag rather then breaking all of our camos.

I also firmly believe that these are some of the worst maps in the Call of Duty series. Whoever designed them apparently was not aware the rest of his team gave everyone jet packs and super sprinting abilities. It's like fighting in a poorly designed closet.

The network guys missed the same jetpack memo. If they'd got it they would have all screamed that their game can't handle these new speeds and it was a horrible idea that some idiot brings up every time they start a sequel.

Goodchild fucked around with this message at 13:46 on Nov 13, 2014

Moochewmoo
May 13, 2009
Is it starting? Have we really already hit the point where goons start whining about how the previous game was so much better? I thought that usually took at least a month or two.

BaronVanAwesome
Sep 11, 2001

I will never learn the secrets of "Increased fake female boar sp..."

Never say never, buddy.
Now you know.
Now we all know.

The Machinima Man posted:

Thank loving god, a patch for the 360! WAIT, GOD DAMNIT, THE CHALLENGES HAVEN'T BEEN FIXED. What did they patch?!?!?

Really simple solution here - do the challenges. Hover over all of them to double-check - some of them aren't done on your end due to prestiges. Basically, when you prestige, you keep the camo but the challenge resets. So some of those are showing the camo, but you haven't completed the challenge on this prestige.

I thought they were supposed to save after the patch! I'll check this out, I can't believe I haven't got a million headshots already.

anuj
Oct 14, 2005

~anime crew~
~R.I.P. Soap-san~

Sup St. Louis bro

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

My apologies to the guys who threw me invites last night (burtology on PS4), had company coming over so I was just grinding a few games. I'll be around tonight and this weekend for sure though.

Stubear St. Pierre
Feb 22, 2006

Moochewmoo posted:

Is it starting? Have we really already hit the point where goons start whining about how the previous game was so much better? I thought that usually took at least a month or two.

Every post about Ghosts has been about the fact that it was terrible

Static Rook
Dec 1, 2000

by Lowtax
I hated Ghosts but am having lots of fun with AW. Also the maps seem really fun and make good use of the new abilities. v:shobon:v

To each their own but the Ghosts thread went negative in, like, 2 days. Remember having to unlock poo poo individually for your entire Squad (who you also had to unlock one by one?)

Undead Muppet
Apr 29, 2007

Goodchild posted:

I wish they had patched the horrible lag rather then breaking all of our camos.

I also firmly believe that these are some of the worst maps in the Call of Duty series. Whoever designed them apparently was not aware the rest of his team gave everyone jet packs and super sprinting abilities. It's like fighting in a poorly designed closet.

The network guys missed the same jetpack memo. If they'd got it they would have all screamed that their game can't handle these new speeds and it was a horrible idea that some idiot brings up every time they start a sequel.

I agree that the matchmaking (at least on PS4) is currently hot garbage, but I think that the maps are some of the best COD has had in a long time and make good use of the new movement system.

Riot is probably the only map I don't really like. Every match regardless of game mode turns into a rooftop camp fest on that one. And a lot of the maps do need DOM flag adjustment. Too many of them have zero cover.

Moochewmoo
May 13, 2009

Stubear St. Pierre posted:

Every post about Ghosts has been about the fact that it was terrible

Bagpuss_UK posted:

That this thread is ten times more entertaining than the game it is about sums it all up I think.

Ghosts was more fun than Advanced Warfare :aaa:

GET MY BELT SON
Sep 26, 2007

saggy don't say things you can't take back

hold me

Goodchild
Jan 3, 2010
I do have to admit that all of my harsh opinions are made harsher, because I've had to turn my sensitivity up to adjust for the new speed.

Now I cannot aim. :derp:

Manxome Foe
Apr 6, 2005

Beware the Jabberwock, my son! The jaws that bite, the claws that catch!
The matchmaking was so broken last night that a group of 6 of us just gave up and went to play different games but stayed in party chat. That was fun, except for everyone hating on me because I was playing AC: Unity.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

The ARX (Or whatever that third burst AR is) is good as hell and I'm glad all the pubbies just spam the Bal instead.

Also I'm in Pillow Talk but it seems like most peeps on there right now are PS4, so if anyone wants to poo poo on some pubbies together PS3-side add me up under VoodooYardbomb, I'll play whatever terrible modes you want.

Yardbomb fucked around with this message at 16:00 on Nov 13, 2014

GET MY BELT SON
Sep 26, 2007

save your money and buy a this gen system

this isn't a game. it's real life

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*

Fibby Boy posted:

No. Because then I could make fun of them on a daily basis.

They wouldn't understand and would keep trying to convince you how awesome their Lego Turret was until you had to throw them off a bridge like that one fine mother recently in the news

One guy not liking the game = goons

zen death robot posted:

This game is actually fun so the occasional netcode fuckup (that every MP game has) doesn't really get to me very much. It probably helps that I'm not a harcode FPS player too. It would be nice if the matchmaking would try harder not to put you with people that have terrible connections with you, but basically no game does this anymore.

So have you not played a lot of the rest of the series? I think those of us who have called it not fun are just saying it seems like another cod. Yeah you can jump around but the rewards are lacking and a lot of the people who play the game make it suck by hiding in dark corners and not moving.

And please tell us about all the 10s you pulled last night by showing them your "epic posts"

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

GET MY BELT SON posted:

save your money and buy a this gen system

I will when Sony stop being hitler and let me at least play all my digital PS3 games on PS4.

CharmingMadman
May 31, 2013
Holy gently caress the lag is bad. This game is so choppy I went to play Ghosts instead.

I haven't played the Detroit map once.

Scatterfold
Nov 4, 2008

Yardbomb posted:

I will when Sony stop being hitler and let me at least play all my digital PS3 games on PS4.

same, same but i'm waiting for sony, warner, etc to send me replacement CDs for all the cassette tapes i bought in the 80s

Zapper
Mar 14, 2006

Zap!

Quabzor posted:

Yo I'm sitting at a bar with literally 11 people including staff. 9 of whom I know by name almost excuse from being at this bar. Most of us are on our phones.

Yamacruiser: you should know, we live 100 yards away and I am literally touching you right now.

e: the rest of your take this as you will

Tell us more about how you were touching Yamacruiser!

Zapper fucked around with this message at 16:16 on Nov 13, 2014

GET MY BELT SON
Sep 26, 2007

no once a new system comes out you cannot by natural law continue playing or buying games for a last gen system

once you upgrade you never hit the power button on the old console ever again

this is basic poo poo

Draven
May 6, 2005

friendship is magic

Dum Cumpster posted:

So have you not played a lot of the rest of the series? I think those of us who have called it not fun are just saying it seems like another cod. Yeah you can jump around but the rewards are lacking and a lot of the people who play the game make it suck by hiding in dark corners and not moving.

I don't know why anyone would expect more though. It's cod with jet packs. If you're not at least a little interested in the call of duty formula still, it's probably time to stop buying them. They're the madden of shooters now, and have been for a while.

Their gameplay is not going to change no matter how many new features they tack on.

I'm a bit disappointed in the kill streaks but other than that I'm actually very happy with the game. It's a lot better than ghosts.

Also are you on the bone, Poz? I miss the old crew and it seems most of you guys went with the xbone.

Edit:

zen death robot posted:

I skipped CoD since Black Ops because it was pretty clear it was taking a turn for the worse. Also please continue to post about my posting, it doesn't make you look like a complete jackoff at all or anything I swear.

You really don't know how these threads work, do you..

Draven fucked around with this message at 16:20 on Nov 13, 2014

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

How do people get triple kills in this game when the game expects you to get all three at the same time? Last night I killed 3 people in like 5 seconds with the Tac 19 and I got nothing for it.

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*
The time to chain kills together has always been tiny. You need to have them literally on top of each other.

zen death robot posted:

I skipped CoD since Black Ops because it was pretty clear it was taking a turn for the worse. Also please continue to post about my posting, it doesn't make you look like a complete jackoff at all or anything I swear.

Hello and welcome to this year's cod thread.

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Mill Village posted:

How do people get triple kills in this game when the game expects you to get all three at the same time? Last night I killed 3 people in like 5 seconds with the Tac 19 and I got nothing for it.

Kill more than one guy with a single shot! I've gotten several doubles with the dub step shotgun from one shot.

Stubear St. Pierre
Feb 22, 2006

Black Ops 2 is the only COD game since Blops 1 that got a widely positive reception, so you're not missing much

Saggy absolutely loving hated Ghosts, that's still posting about the fact that it's terrible

Undead Muppet
Apr 29, 2007

Mill Village posted:

Play game modes where people are forced to bunch up. DOM and especially Momentum are both good for racking up double and occasionally triple kill medals.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZentraediElite
Oct 22, 2002

Gonna keep posting these here assuming it's okay.

YH7EZ L3BZE

The "Y" may be a "V" -- the text is a little blurred.

• Locked thread