Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mcswizzle
Jul 26, 2009

imperialparadox posted:

That's Ollie's big character flaw, but yeah it's starting to get annoying because he never really seems to grow and step away from it. Every time that he's proven to be a hypocrite and wrong, he seems to forget about it an episode or two later. I guess it's part of his character, but it does get annoying.

...and then there was boxing-glove arrow, so I can forgive.

The thing that cracks me up about this season's flashbacks is that apparently Waller needed a covert ops agent in Hong Kong, so she chooses white-bread Ollie for the job? Totally inconspicuous, guys.

Odds are as a whitey if you can hide/be discreet in Hong Kong you can pull it off well where you blend in. My guess is this is all training for a job Ollie ultimately refuses and as a result is sent back to Lian Yu

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

mcswizzle posted:

Odds are as a whitey if you can hide/be discreet in Hong Kong you can pull it off well where you blend in. My guess is this is all training for a job Ollie ultimately refuses and as a result is sent back to Lian Yu

I also see it as payback. Waller wants China White dead, if Ollie does it then great and if he dies then who cares as he is dead already.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Aphrodite posted:

The flashbacks are chronological too. Ollie has conveniently never needed something he learned at a different point in his past to solve something. The relevant events are happening in the same order he learned all those tricks 5 years earlier.

Nah, they introduced Ollie's Russian crime connections well before they explained them.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

They also kinda did the intel gathering stuff during the Deadshot episode, where he was breaking in and doing recon work in civilian clothes during broad daylight.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

muscles like this? posted:

Nah, they introduced Ollie's Russian crime connections well before they explained them.

Yep they had him get help from the Russians in the first season, and found out how that relationship started in season 2.

VagueRant
May 24, 2012

Rocksicles posted:

Counter point! Anything with bullet points is automatically boring. Cupid literally said 3 words, drama queen.
Hey, you can disparage my opinion all you want, but I won't have you slander bullet points. They are the Arrow season 2 of the text formatting world.

Anyway, 2/3 of her words were bad and I'm also kinda basing my dislike on what we saw in that trailer too. I thought it WAS Helena for a second.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Throwdown posted:

Guys... We live in a day and age where a live action boxing glove arrow was on TV... Ffffuuuuuck

I'm only now getting around to watching this ep and I paused it and immediately came to my computer going KEEKEKEEEKEEKEKEKEEKEKEEE!

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
The fact that this thread contains anything other than "OMFG BOXING GLOVE ARROW HOLY loving poo poo GUY'S IT'S HAPPENING!!!" is a massive failure on all of our parts.

Seriously.

Boxing. Glove. Arrow.

This is the best comic book show.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Phylodox posted:

The fact that this thread contains anything other than "OMFG BOXING GLOVE ARROW HOLY loving poo poo GUY'S IT'S HAPPENING!!!" is a massive failure on all of our parts.

Seriously.

Boxing. Glove. Arrow.

This is the best comic book show.

The boxing glove arrow will probably be the highlight of television this year. It gave me a much needed good laugh.

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know

Spacebump posted:

The boxing glove arrow will probably be the highlight of television this year. It gave me a much needed good laugh.

I actually jumped up and clapped. Then I came to the sudden realization I'm a huge dork and smiled like an idiot at myself.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
I had to pause the show while I nearly died of hypoxia from laughing too hard.

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006
I never read the comics but you guys have talked about it so much that I freaked out when he did the boxing glove arrow.

This is my favorite comic book show, but I will say that Flash is Warner Brothers apology for Smallville. Also, Gotham is terrible and Shield is pretty good now.

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know
Gotham is getting better now too. It's starting to find it's legs, and while there are a few duds (looking at you Barbara) the last few episodes have been pretty compelling.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Burning_Monk posted:

Gotham is getting better now too. It's starting to find it's legs, and while there are a few duds (looking at you Barbara) the last few episodes have been pretty compelling.

At least she left and hopefully it will be for a while, come back to discover Gordon is cheating on her with Sarah, and never returns.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Burning_Monk posted:

Wait how is Barbara Gordon in it? She'd be like in the womb?

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Barb senior.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Bad Moon posted:

Wait how is Barbara Gordon in it? She'd be like in the womb?

Batgirl Barbara is Gordon's daughter (not niece ahah wtf was I thinking that's some elseworld's poo poo right there?). Grown-up Barbara Gordon is his wife/girlfriend (ex-wife for real though).

Drifter fucked around with this message at 22:45 on Nov 13, 2014

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
I'm hoping Barbara never comes back. She'll just mail Gordon his daughter at some point and then just never be heard from again.

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

My name is Oliver Queen...
I hope Gotham discussion never comes back in this thread again.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
I kinda of wish Roy had a bit more attitude like he used to. He's been really mopey and reactive all season, so he comes across like the sick puppy that the team has to take care of instead of the scrappy unpaid intern that he should be.

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche
Look, the boxing arrow was nice and all, but when are we getting the cat arrow?

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

I really like Roy for just coming out and saying that he thought he killed Sarah.

Martout
Aug 8, 2007

None so deprived

Krad posted:

Look, the boxing arrow was nice and all, but when are we getting the cat arrow?

Or the Hot Shots 2 chicken arrow?

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008
THE HATE CRIME DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

Drifter posted:

Batgirl Barbara is Gordon's daughter (not niece ahah wtf was I thinking that's some elseworld's poo poo right there?). Grown-up Barbara Gordon is his wife/girlfriend (ex-wife for real though).

ACtually it was stupid bullshit that Babs (Batgirl) was his niece that he adopted after his brother died, but then another retcon stated he couldn't keep his dick in his pants and had an affair with his sister in law, and Babs might be his real daughter after all.

One thing I am glad teh new 52 erased.

Also, Mods, change thread title to "BOXING GLOVE ARROW" TIA

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

bunnyofdoom posted:

ACtually it was stupid bullshit that Babs (Batgirl) was his niece that he adopted after his brother died, but then another retcon stated he couldn't keep his dick in his pants and had an affair with his sister in law, and Babs might be his real daughter after all.

One thing I am glad teh new 52 erased.

Also, Mods, change thread title to "BOXING GLOVE ARROW" TIA

Ahh, that's what I had thought, originally. That he was her adopted dad, but still in the family. I looked it up on the wiki for a quick second to double check but couldn't find confirmation and didn't want to seem like a comic noob. :ohdear:

He was her uncle ben. There are so many loving retcons. Too many for me to keep track of if I even cared.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Hypocrisy posted:

I really like Roy for just coming out and saying that he thought he killed Sarah.

I agree. Good on tem for not making it secret angst for 20 episodes. Of course now Laurel still thinks he did, and everyone else thinks he might not have, and if this show didn't move its plots at Arrow speed I'd be afraid they would keep this drama for a while.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
Did Oliver make a tazer arrow at some point or am I just remembering the explosive ones?

Eddain
May 6, 2007

Party Plane Jones posted:

Did Oliver make a tazer arrow at some point or am I just remembering the explosive ones?

He used one against Bronze Tiger.

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

It's both thrilling and terrifying.
So are they going to address all that other stuff Felicity said about how the angle and force of the arrows that killed Sarah are inconsistent with a bow and only make sense with Mirakuru throws?

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
Maybe it was Helena! A crossbow would be different than a compound bow, right?

Edit: Wait, she's actually in jail this time, isn't she? Dammit.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

qbert posted:

So are they going to address all that other stuff Felicity said about how the angle and force of the arrows that killed Sarah are inconsistent with a bow and only make sense with Mirakuru throws?

I want to say that Cupid had something to do with it, but I find it hard to believe.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

Scyantific posted:

I want to say that Cupid had something to do with it, but I find it hard to believe.

Cupid and Sarah would have to know each other, which I guess is possible?

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!

qbert posted:

I don't think they only make sense with Mirakuru throws, it's just that there was something weird about them and Roy's theory was a potentially fitting explanation.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Maybe Felicity put a large electromagnet on the other side of Sarah, and pulled the arrows into her.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

qbert posted:

She didn't say it only made sense with Mirakuru.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

qbert posted:

Oh, poo poo, Grundy's back!

LongDarkNight
Oct 25, 2010

It's like watching the collapse of Western civilization in fast forward.
Oven Wrangler

Some Numbers posted:

Maybe it was Helena! A crossbow would be different than a compound bow, right?

Edit: Wait, she's actually in jail this time, isn't she? Dammit.

:aaaaa:

This makes so much sense. Sarah would be surprised to see her since she should be in the clink and Huntress would want revenge on her.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Hypocrisy posted:

That... and that happening not as the final minute of the episode, was the exact moment I knew for certain that he hadn't. If he had, we wouldn't have had him say anything for a few more eps.

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

I hope they keep using Arsenal as Roy's codename.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003
I also I thought Roy asking Ollie not to abandon him was very intense.

• Locked thread