Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Hijo Del Helmsley posted:

Yuji Nagata and Minoru Suzuki are only a year younger.

If KANE is good for his age, they would blow his mind.

I'm just gonna point out it's a bit unfair to compare Kane to people like Liger, Nagata and MiSu, in both directions. On one hand, Liger, Nagata and MiSu would be expected to do more because they're smaller.

On the other hand, Kane is enormous, and for a guy his age and his size, moves pretty well, so it's not that weird somebody could be tricked into thinking he's better than he is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

It takes a lot of courage to yell at people on the internet. Fortunately, I'm a man of action.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
I don't think it's fair to talk about Kane having some long career, clearly it was someone different when he was under the mask. My uncle at WWE told me so. That guy died in a parasailing accident and then they replaced him with the Kane we know today.

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority

triplexpac posted:

I don't think it's fair to talk about Kane having some long career, clearly it was someone different when he was under the mask. My uncle at WWE told me so. That guy died in a parasailing accident and then they replaced him with the Kane we know today.

When they teased Kane unmaskings before, he had his own hair. When they finally unmasked him, the hair was part of the mask! :tinfoil:

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

Huh, we need to get the "Vince murdered every dead wrestler" detectives on the case. We must know if Vince also murdered Original Kane (he did).

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

WrasslorMonkey posted:

Huh, we need to get the "Vince murdered every dead wrestler" detectives on the case. We must know if Vince also murdered Original Kane (he did).

Russo's only murdered Owen tho?

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

TNAMecca posted:

TNA 2015 and Beyond

My apologies if anyone gets offended over the course of this column. Once in a while, you just have to get things off your chest otherwise it will eat you up. After investing a good deal of time, money, energy and hope into TNA for nearly a decade I feel that I have the right to speak freely about this company and its future. IMPACT Wrestling is going to be on television in the U.S. and around the world in January 2015 and for years to come. Do I know all of the facts and details in this regard? No, I don't. Do I know what channel that IMPACT will be on in the U.S. in the future? No, I don't. However, after weighing all of the evidence and all the factors involved here, I am very confident about TNA's future in 2015 and beyond. That pot of gold is out there at the end of a very long rainbow. However, if you think you've had patience and been forced into a "Defend TNA" mode so far this year, you ain't seen nothing yet. Hurricane Doomsday is just approaching us now. Do you have the courage to face it? I believe you do.

Now, the point of this piece is not to send you on a mission to "fight the haters" or become social media heroes. It's simply my thoughts and feelings which you can either take or leave. We thought about not addressing the issue of IMPACT not being broadcast on Thanksgiving Eve later this month but it needs to be talked about. As far as I recall (correct me if I'm wrong), IMPACT has only been preempted on SPIKE TV one other time since their debut on the channel in October of 2005. It happened in September 2010, but besides that one incident they have had 9 plus years of new, consecutive weekly episodes. So was it possible for TNA to tape more episodes of IMPACT for the end of the year? Anything is possible but I imagine it was probably very difficult given the current status of their temporary extension of their Spike contract.

Could they have lowered their self-established standards and returned to the Impact Zone for a 2 or 3 day stint to tape the remaining 2014 episodes in Orlando? We'll never know for sure unless perhaps someone in TNA Management does a shoot interview years down the road on the subject. What we do know is that they did not go back to the crutch of Universal Studios-Orlando at any point after they started taping in Bethlehem back in June, which to me is a positive. They kept to their guns of not relinquishing and slinking back to their comfort zone of the past. I respect TNA so much for taking that stance. That venue is a total last resort at this point. So if I have to sacrifice seeing the frickin' turkey suit this year for a traditionally low viewership episode of IMPACT in lieu of staying away from the old IZ, I am happy with that 10 out of 10 times. You mean no Thanksgiving-themed show?!? Oh no!!! Get over it. There are bigger issues at play here. Take this Thanksgiving and spend it with your family and/or friends instead of worrying about IMPACT. There will be other years to see someone get humiliated by wearing the turkey suit. Is it that big of a deal in the grand scheme of things? If the answer is yes, maybe you should reevaluate your priorities. It has not been confirmed whether or not there will be "highlight/recap" shows in place of IMPACT episodes after the Bethlehem tapings run out. It's a smart assumption given that Jeremy Borash has been taping something in their studios but until TNA confirms their plans all reports are simply conjecture.

Guess what? The cataclysmic paranoia train might just explode again in the IWC when TNA announces they will also take off Christmas Eve this year. I don't know it for a fact that they won't have a TNA program on Christmas Eve but it seems as though the writing is on the wall and again that is a major holiday that would garner a low viewership anyway. Heavens to Betsy, whatever shall we loving do?!? Cut your losses and focus on 2015 that's what. This is a different year and a different circumstance. By late December we will know what channel TNA will be broadcasting from and a lot more details. So, really, it will be a small blip on the radar that won't amount to much if indeed they decide to take another major holiday off. To me, it only adds to the grandeur of the re-debut episode of IMPACT in January, 2015. It's just another reason to savor every minute of that first show in the new year when the camera pans out to the crowd chanting, "TNA! TNA! TNA!" Will that show hail from NYC or Chicago or Philly or...? That is a detail that I am waiting to see with much anticipation.

So why is it that such a drastic majority of the IWC have given up on TNA or hold very little hope that they will indeed be on TV in January? It's very simple: Tabloid Pro-Wrestling Journalism. I shall, from this point on, refer to them as the TPWJ. You know when you go the grocery store and they have The National Enquirer, Globe, and (in the U.K.) The Sun displayed in little slots near the cashiers? Do you blindly believe those headlines that speak of "truth"? Things such as "Bigfoot kept lumberjack as love slave" and "Severed leg hops to hospital" and "Half-man half-dog baffles doctors". It's sensationalism at its finest. Recently, the intensity of the dirtsheets' exploitation of TNA's situation has reached levels rarely (if ever) seen before. They are vultures just waiting for any little scrap of meat to swoop down on and devour. Intestinal parasites have higher moral standards than some of these guys that copy and paste their way to advertising dollar clicks. But yet, some of you choose to believe them and panic when their lies are published over and over again. Please be more intelligent than that. They want you to buy in to their tabloid garbage. Unless TNA confirms a report you can't treat it as a fact. It's really as elementary as that.

Bob Ryder's recent tweets have been an indicator of how far off some of these wrestling sites have been. These people use baseless rumors as facts and misconstrue things to the point where it simply becomes too difficult for the readers to decipher the bullshit from the horseshit. Most pro-wrestling sites are a joke when it comes to TNA coverage. Even popular radio shows such as Busted Open Radio have begun to reflect this unfair bias towards TNA as they were exposed a couple of weeks ago by Taz for not promptly reporting/discussing Bobby Roode's World Title change. It's just another example of the by-product of a generally negative narrative about TNA and their future from most media outlets.

Does a dying company hold an open competition like British Boot Camp that will culminate at the Maximum IMPACT Tour in the U.K. next year? Does a dying company debut an international talent like Mahabali Shera on IMPACT without assurance of his approaching future? Does a dying company foster young talent like EC3, Bram, The Wolves, Havok, Kenny King, Sanada, Samuel Shaw, Magnus, The BroMans, Manik and more without a solid business plan for their future? No, no and no. I recognize that most of us are worried about TNA's future given the uncertainty that surrounds their public accountability in this regard. The more I think about it though, the more that it begins to make sense. TNA isn't going out of business. As it has been said before, if they could tell us something right now they would. If by some minuscule chance that TNA does go out of business come January of 2015, I'd personally be done with pro-wrestling completely. The WWE product does not interest me at all. I've tried watching ROH in recent months and it's not my cup of tea either. If TNA goes, I will also go. At that point, I will have lost my respect for the business and will be more than happy to replace my time with other things. That scenario is very, very unlikely however and I don't expect to fade of into obscurity anytime soon.

Here's my challenge for you all: Stand up and be different. You represent some of the only fans in the entire world that are choosing to believe in TNA right now. So many people have jumped off their bandwagon in the last year. Take solace that your faith has been steady and unwavering. Your loyalty is going to be rewarded. We at TNAMecca are here to facilitate a troll-free environment where we can converse without being harassed and/or made fun of for being fans of TNA, especially in these trying times. I understand the anxieties of what's happening and I sincerely empathize with those of you that are concerned. We all deal with these types of things in our own way. If you were constantly being told that your favorite sports team was going out of business or your favorite TV show was being cancelled you would naturally experience a range of emotions from disappointment to despair. Your tolerance is being tested right now. Do you trust Dixie Carter? I certainly do. Soon we will be past this difficult phase in TNA history and be able to just be fans again. We're almost there.

Choice comment.

A sensible response:

And in response to that:

Daniel Bryan fucked around with this message at 01:02 on Nov 12, 2014

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

feed me those dirt shits like a bowl of ice cream, Dogshit Meltzer

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Somehow, these people have gone the past decade without realizing that TNA is run by loving idiots. So yes, they totally would do all that poo poo without having an actual plan for the future in place. Because they're loving dumb.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

They're not really DOING anything, are they? The British Boot Camp stuff was filmed months ago, wasn't it? It was probably edited and packaged months ago too. And the Maximum Impact tour has been scheduled since before the Spike cancellation stuff happened and I think even before all the NY/PA/Impact Zone taping drama. The only thing TNA has done is not cancel the stuff they already had scheduled. The only thing they seem to be actively doing is final edits on the TV shows they've had filmed for months and updating the website.

TNA could be dead. I wouldn't be shocked if the Maximum Impact Tour never happens. I also wouldn't be shocked if it happens and becomes the final TNA stuff. I also wouldn't be surprised if it happened without TV and ended up transitioning TNA into a more traditional indy. I also wouldn't be shocked if TNA got a TV deal before the year was up even if it was on some random network I never heard of. I have absolutely no idea what TNA will do and next to nothing would surprise me.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Mods change my name to Dogshit Meltzers DirtShits.

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
Dogshit Seltzer

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

WrasslorMonkey posted:

Sorry, there was only one such detective and his name was Leslie Nielson :(

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Grendels Dad posted:

Sorry, there was only one such detective and his name was Leslie Nielson :(

And Vince murdered him because he was too close to the truth.

Two Beans
Nov 27, 2003

dabbin' on em
Pillbug

rovert posted:

Coins the TPWJ (Tabloid Pro-Wrestling Journalism)

You see, its really about ethics in professional wrestling journalism.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

quote:

Could they have lowered their self-established standards and returned to the Impact Zone for a 2 or 3 day stint to tape the remaining 2014 episodes in Orlando? We'll never know for sure unless perhaps someone in TNA Management does a shoot interview years down the road on the subject. What we do know is that they did not go back to the crutch of Universal Studios-Orlando at any point after they started taping in Bethlehem back in June, which to me is a positive. They kept to their guns of not relinquishing and slinking back to their comfort zone of the past. I respect TNA so much for taking that stance.

Didn't Universal rent out TNA's soundstage to other people, so Impact wasn't able to go back there?

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
No, they stuck to their guns and stood up to those lovely Universal people. I'm so glad they went back to Bethlehem in front of 200 people.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

triplexpac posted:

Didn't Universal rent out TNA's soundstage to other people, so Impact wasn't able to go back there?

Everything that's happened to TNA - leaving Spike, leaving the Impact Zone, etc was all a part of the SECRET PLAN

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
LOL

quote:

Fans Talk TNA is a short, 15-minute conversation about what happened this week in TNA as well as what we can look forward to.

http://www.tnamecca.com/2014/11/fans-talk-tna-003-were-with-spud-and.html#disqus_thread

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Oh Phenom, that's every Aries tweet.

#askquestions

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

flashy_mcflash posted:

Oh Phenom, that's every Aries tweet.

#askquestions

Didn't you read what Phenom said??? Don't ask any questions!!

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

triplexpac posted:

Didn't you read what Phenom said??? Don't ask any questions!!

He's having a difficult day OKAY

Yeah guys, if Dixie is transparent enough to tweet something this specific about Impact why wouldn't she tell us that the company she's promoting is dead? GEEZE

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
I too cannot decipher the difference between kayfabe and real life.

Jesus, aren't we about due for Joe Babinsack to say something dumb? At least his stuff doesn't make me feel guilty for laughing at it.

birdlaw
Dec 25, 2006

flashy_mcflash posted:

He's having a difficult day OKAY

Yeah guys, if Dixie is transparent enough to tweet something this specific about Impact why wouldn't she tell us that the company she's promoting is dead? GEEZE

I tried to think of something blander that a promoter could tweet to advertise a show but that's.. that's it. That's the most generic and uninformative thing you can say.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
I can't quite imagine the mindset of someone who ONLY likes TNA wrestling. That's like only liking Asylum films.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Maxwell Lord posted:

I can't quite imagine the mindset of someone who ONLY likes TNA wrestling. That's like only liking Asylum films.

The only things my uncle watches other than SyFy are the Detroit Lions and MASH reruns.

He made me watch "Frogs" once and swore it was amazing.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

sportsgenius86 posted:

The only things my uncle watches other than SyFy are the Detroit Lions and MASH reruns.

He made me watch "Frogs" once and swore it was amazing.

Your uncle is correct.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

This is approaching (okay okay, it's blown clear past) religious hysteria.

"Dixie, please use the letter S in your tweet if you have a new deal"

e: Hey TNA fans, what do you think of Kong?

flashy_mcflash fucked around with this message at 15:43 on Nov 13, 2014

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

Daniel Bryan posted:

Choice comment.

A sensible response:

And in response to that:

best part is that chris2000 guy got probated because of that comment and some other perfectly sensible and realistic ideas. he said "dixie is bad at running tna" in the nicest way possible and that was the final straw. never seen fans of something defend the person obviously responsible for their favorite product disappearing.

id love to see an alternative future where people on psp got banned for talking any poo poo about vince. hail vince mcmahon, long live wwe corporate.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
It's like the pro-wrestling version of the Free Republic forums. Amazing.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

I can understand that some people genuinely love the product although I may question their taste. I don't get why that means you have to be in denial of reality though. Go ahead and mourn the fact that more people don't appreciate this "great product" if you want, but it's insane to deny every piece of evidence out there that the company's struggling at best and could possibly die very, very, soon.

I'm a sad NJPW mark and I don't get pissed when Meltzer questions their business decisions or points out that this current run isn't going to last more than a few years if they can't develop some new talent.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Thauros posted:

I can understand that some people genuinely love the product although I may question their taste. I don't get why that means you have to be in denial of reality though. Go ahead and mourn the fact that more people don't appreciate this "great product" if you want, but it's insane to deny every piece of evidence out there that the company's struggling at best and could possibly die very, very, soon.

I'm a sad NJPW mark and I don't get pissed when Meltzer questions their business decisions or points out that this current run isn't going to last more than a few years if they can't develop some new talent.

I'm pretty sure if they started running main events of Manabu Nakanishi vs Toru Yano, you'd be willing to call it for what it was, also.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
I just wonder, when you're that deeply entrenched, what excuses people like that are going to make when/if TNA inevitably folds. Is it THEN Dixie's fault? Or does the failure of her company only martyr her that much more?

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

sticklefifer posted:

I just wonder, when you're that deeply entrenched, what excuses people like that are going to make when/if TNA inevitably folds. Is it THEN Dixie's fault? Or does the failure of her company only martyr her that much more?

From what I've seen, these people will be calling it a 'hiatus' until literally everyone involved in TNA is working elsewhere. And after that point, it'll be the fault of the IWC and Vince McMahon and Dave Meltzer and jilted ex-employees and JR and NJPW and Bob and Janice and everyone on the planet but Dixie.

How can you blame her? She's just a mom.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
That reminds me of that call MassRanTer had in the queue for Nitro where a guy calls into WOL and asks when WCW will be coming back, and doesn't seem able to take "It's dead and gone and not coming back" as an answer.

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

El Gallinero Gros posted:

That reminds me of that call MassRanTer had in the queue for Nitro where a guy calls into WOL and asks when WCW will be coming back, and doesn't seem able to take "It's dead and gone and not coming back" as an answer.

i need to hear this.

the dixie love is extra mind-boggling when you consider that any of tna's "best" moments among diehard fans feature zero contribution from her in any role and any of her actual contributions have been blatantly hurtful to whole promotion :psyduck:

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

WeaponX posted:

i need to hear this.

the dixie love is extra mind-boggling when you consider that any of tna's "best" moments among diehard fans feature zero contribution from her in any role and any of her actual contributions have been blatantly hurtful to whole promotion :psyduck:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JCNx8QO0MnY

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

holy poo poo dave was spot on with his prediction for the long term future of wcw.