Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I have never used anything other than the sports bikes and have a perfect online win record after a million matches. I am a millionaire and women regularly queue up outside my house to kiss me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

Is the Excitebike Track's dynamic layout not working at the moment? I've raced on it multiple times both online and offline and the track was exactly the same every time. :(

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Mute City is so loving good you guys, omg.

Robot Hobo
May 18, 2002

robothobo.com

JordanKai posted:

Is the Excitebike Track's dynamic layout not working at the moment? I've raced on it multiple times both online and offline and the track was exactly the same every time. :(
I heard it's always static in time trial mode, but changes in other modes. Haven't had a chance to try it myself yet though.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

JordanKai posted:

Surprise!! Online it never changes layout!

Also inside drift bikes own and I regularly win with them. Dunno what you nerds are doing but its clearly wrong.

Asnorban
Jun 13, 2003

Professor Gavelsmoke

Is the list of names in the op still active? I want to play, want to populate my friends list, but don't want to waste time adding a bunch of people who are no longer playing.

Nnid: Hacksaw

Grass Effect
Aug 10, 2014
someone please make an IRC channel like the imps at goonsmash

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

That elephant ate my entire platoon.
There's also the Goonvitational Karts thread, if that's helpful (might be a better place to exchange NNIDs).

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
my ability to thoroughly dismantle people at this game soothes me over my inability to beat anyone at smash bros

A Great Big Bee! fucked around with this message at 01:33 on Nov 14, 2014

Grass Effect
Aug 10, 2014

LOCUST FART HELL posted:

my ability to thoroughly dismantle people at this game soothes me over inability to beat anyone at smash bros
same

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.
I at least can blame my Smash failure at the 3DS being incapable of handling precise inputs. I have no excuse for Mario Kart :(

I also won't have an excuse for Smash come next week but whatever.

_Endgame_
Jun 19, 2010

NERF THIS!

LOCUST FART HELL posted:

my ability to thoroughly dismantle people at this game soothes me over my inability to beat anyone at smash bros

Why not do both?

Grass Effect
Aug 10, 2014

_Endgame_ posted:

Why not do both?

Hi there

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer

_Endgame_ posted:

Why not do both?

i'm abstaining from smash until the wii u version comes out because my circle pad is starting to feel very loose

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Cat Peach's horn is the stuff of nightmares. It sounds like an enemy scream from Binding of Isaac.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Speaking of horns, what is Link's from? Obviously a Zelda game but trying to figure out what it is is bugging the hell out of me.

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

Mute City in no way feels like F-Zero but it's still an awesome track.

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.

SeANMcBAY posted:

Speaking of horns, what is Link's from? Obviously a Zelda game but trying to figure out what it is is bugging the hell out of me.

It really sounds like the weak point sound from Hyrule Warriors.

_Endgame_
Jun 19, 2010

NERF THIS!

Echophonic posted:

Cat Peach's horn is the stuff of nightmares. It sounds like an enemy scream from Binding of Isaac.

Yeah I was so confused like its Cat Peach and suddenly GWARGHSDGH like get out from this bike demons.

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

I just made a DLC-track-only Goonvitational tournament if anyone's interested.

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs
All of these tracks are just so godlike :swoon:

Wario's Gold Mine more than makes up for the abomination that is Grumble Volcano

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Is it me, or does every Mute City 12 player run just descend into an orgy of violence?

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

Random Stranger posted:

Is it me, or does every Mute City 12 player run just descend into an orgy of violence?

That's how you play F-Zero, sir. If 30/30 cross the finish line you're doing something wrong.

Suaimhneas
Nov 19, 2005

That's how you get tinnitus

Much like F-Zero then

I don't think I ever finished a race without destroying at least a third of the other racers.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Yeah that's pretty much F-Zero.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Suspicious Cook posted:

That's how you play F-Zero, sir. If 30/30 cross the finish line you're doing something wrong.

30/30? The real F-Zero only has four cars on the track, sir.

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

Random Stranger posted:

You mean the placeholder SNES game until X did it right? :colbert:

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.

Random Stranger posted:

The only F-Zero games worth discussion are X and GX.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Random Stranger posted:

That's how Excitebike has been for me. I can only imagine the choas that baby park stage would cause

Grass Effect
Aug 10, 2014

Macaluso posted:

That's how Excitebike has been for me. I can only imagine the choas that baby park stage would cause

Aha yes, baby park Come to think, MK8 doesn't have any tracks with more/less than 3 laps.

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

Ivy posted:

Aha yes, baby park Come to think, MK8 doesn't have any tracks with more/less than 3 laps.

Mt. Wario and N64 Rainbow Road.

Grass Effect
Aug 10, 2014

pokeyman posted:

Those still have 3 parts, though. The lap counter always has 3 sections, I meant to say.

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.

pokeyman posted:

I don't know why they didn't do more with that from MK7. Were they really not popular?

I guess the two Wii Sports levels weren't great, but on the other hand Rainbow Road 7 is the best Mario Kart level of all time and Mount Wario is really super good too so I dunno. I kinda wish there were more one-lap courses in MK8.

Or at the very least, I wish the Triforce Cup had Rainbow Road 7 instead of SNES Rainbow Road.

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!
I was presented with a choice of Bowser's Castle, Mt. Wario, and Mute City. Why couldn't I just vote for all three in succession?

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

dance dance dance dance dance to the radio

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Surprise!! Online it never changes layout!

Excitebike does change layout online. It was definitely different the two times it came up for me tonight.

_Endgame_
Jun 19, 2010

NERF THIS!
Looks like tournaments are still screwing up even after all these months and updates...figures. Definitely not an empty room and I got jipped out of a 1st place win on Goldmine judging by the standings.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

robot roll call posted:

Excitebike does change layout online. It was definitely different the two times it came up for me tonight.

It seems to be the same basic track sections in different orders, so at least its faithful to NES Excitebike.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
So today in single player I had four Marios as my opponents. Mario, Baby Mario, Metal Mario, and Tanooki Mario.

So many Marios.

Grass Effect
Aug 10, 2014

Twelve by Pies posted:

So today in single player I had four Marios as my opponents. Mario, Baby Mario, Metal Mario, and Tanooki Mario.

So many Marios.

Same with Peach. Crazy stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

_Endgame_
Jun 19, 2010

NERF THIS!
You'll hear it here first, world renowned unluckiest Mario Kart player Endgame right here. Single mushrooms in last place while everyone else gets stars and bullet bills. Get 1st place for most of the race? Hope you like 10 red shells down your rear end in a top hat.

• Locked thread