Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

AUNT GWEN'S COLD SHAPE (!)

Drum posted:

At the ER with my mom. One of the patient care techs is named "Kissy".

I once met a Blessy :3:

Hope everything is okay with your mom, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kugyou no Tenshi
Nov 8, 2005

We can't keep the crowd waiting, can we?
My fiancee works with a woman named Shinny, pronounced "Shiny".

Dubh
Jan 16, 2009
I knew a girl named Calpurnia. That's not the bad part.

She freaking insisted it was pronounced "ka-PREE-na."

WTF.

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

Dubh posted:

I knew a girl named Calpurnia. That's not the bad part.

She freaking insisted it was pronounced "ka-PREE-na."

WTF.

It's like those town names in the UK where you only pronounce like 1/3rd of the letters.

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Don't be such a squid, bro

Drum posted:

At the ER with my mom. One of the patient care techs is named "Kissy".

If she's Japanese then she might have been married to James Bond at one point.

Dubh
Jan 16, 2009

sweeperbravo posted:

It's like those town names in the UK where you only pronounce like 1/3rd of the letters.

Yep. Got a friend from Leicester. And there's a Leicester somewhat near.

gamingCaffeinator
Sep 6, 2010

I shall sing you the song of my people.
Tonight, I met a person named Cozing. I have no idea if it was the woman driving or her son, but Jesus.

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

"Tionne Bloodsaw, and her boyfriend, Deshaun Trombone, are now facing multiple charges in the case" read a paragraph from a local news story.

Would be funnier if they didn't ace Bloodsaw's five year old daughter with drugs, but hopefully the Bloodsaw-Trombone wedding goes ahead in 15-20 years.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Silly names, you say?

From a children's hospital.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Say Nothing posted:

I wish I could be in the room to see the look on this kid's face when he gets the joke.

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

Say Nothing posted:

\

The only way this one would be sadder would be if there was just one normal name for the one wanted kid

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Mr. Welfare posted:

New born kid of a former coworker.

Chimera.

I really wanted to ask if the kid was so hideous at birth that naming her after a monster was appropriate.

And if so, why not Hydra, Cerebrus or Cyclops?

Edit: I forgot Gorgon and Medusa.

Maybe the baby used to be twins but one absorbed the other.

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?
Old schoolfriend of mine, a very white girl, named her three kids Swailey (boy), Latavia (girl), and Teighan (boy). The last one isn't so bad I guess. I don't know where Swailey came from.

This is the most English thing I've ever seen and I'm English. Biggles, Posie and Tuppence. I'd hope it was real, but Biggles will have a really hard life. :(

eating only apples has a new favorite as of 21:15 on Nov 14, 2014

Mr. Welfare
Feb 12, 2009

Centrelink's Finest

The MSJ posted:

Maybe the baby used to be twins but one absorbed the other.

As it turns out, they wanted to point out that their daughter was a racial hybrid. Make of that what you will.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009

eating only apples posted:

This is the most English thing I've ever seen and I'm English. Biggles, Posie and Tuppence. I'd hope it was real, but Biggles will have a really hard life. :(

Unless he joins the RAF.

The Golden Man
Aug 4, 2007

At fiesta farms Prubden :stonk:

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

I was just reminded that one of my students is named J. The J isn't short for anything; I asked. That's it. Just... J.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.
Fucahoe, pronounced exactly like you'd expect it to be.

AMISH FRIED PIES
Mar 6, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
A local news channel has a meteorologist and her name is McCall Vrydaghs.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

bringmyfishback posted:

"Nayvie" is my favorite on that list. I can't decide whether it would be worse or better if the kid's parents had no connection to the Navy whatsoever.

"We're naming her Nayvie after Daddy's, like, job! But like WAY cuter spelling."

"Mom, I'm sorry, but, for my eighteenth birthday, I'm changing my name to Sarah."

Navik
May 13, 2005

Her sweet, sweet, sw-sw-sweet can
Was prepping paperwork for scanning into the computer to help out the backlogged imaging department today at my government job, and came across a case file involving a person named Frzonia. Thought at first it was a misspelling, since that happens, but nope, every paper had the same spelling.

Best I can guess is that it's a foreign name that somehow got Anglicized oddly or just something lost in translation, I'm not really sure. It's not so much a terrible name as much as it just stood out because it seemed so odd.

Also just had a tooth recently pulled by a Dr. Ohgre, who had a very delightful personality and was quite gentle with the procedure.

Dubh
Jan 16, 2009
Similar circumstance: I'm separating things for the shredder.

Damien Christian

I really hope he's married to a Rosemary.

Ofaloaf
Feb 15, 2013

I've had a Solaire 'Ade Living Wat a few times as one of my students, when subbing in the local school district. Usually just goes by 'Solaire'.

LSD at the gangbang
Dec 27, 2009

These unfortunate babies.

Braelea
Alleigh
Dannielynn
Js'ava
Z’ Riion Amiir
Pailee
Payci
Prezley
Jcion
Zonnique LeKate
Elliriyana
Faythe
Fayeth
Trenoila
AnnLishell
Emoniee Zanetta
Tae'Lyhen Irelle-Shane'
Lyric Journey (somehow the worst)
Raven Li-mei
Yarett

LSD at the gangbang has a new favorite as of 03:32 on Nov 26, 2014

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Out of those names, Raven is probably the most normal.

Obviously a badass.

Should I put this in spoiler tags?

Say Nothing has a new favorite as of 00:20 on Nov 27, 2014

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Say Nothing posted:

Out of those names, Raven is probably the most normal.

Obviously a badass.

Actually, her name is just Harinelina, she carries around a long-necked bird in a backpack whose name is Rakotondramanana. The pic is just at the wrong angle to show both of them. How can you not remember that, it was like the best game for the N64!

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

I don't know how anyone could think this is real. That's Andreas Wank.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

My sister knows a guy who named his kid Roux Danger.

So they're Roux Danger [surname].

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib
I came across a 13 year old kid named Sephiroth yesterday. He had an unfortunate last name, too, something along the lines of Snidely. Sephiroth Snidely.

De Nomolos
Jan 17, 2007

TV rots your brain like it's crack cocaine
A friend of my wife's who I really, really like named their kid after an Everquest character. If you say it fast, it sounds like a normal name, but otherwise his name is Mithaniel.

Gloryhold It!
Sep 22, 2008

Fucking
Adorable

HelloIAmYourHeart posted:

I came across a 13 year old kid named Sephiroth yesterday. He had an unfortunate last name, too, something along the lines of Snidely. Sephiroth Snidely.

Maybe they really wanted their kid to be evil.

tokomon
Aug 23, 2007

:3: SCALE ITCH :3:

I used to work with a woman in her 60s who was named Boots.
It was on her license and cards with her given first name as Boots.
She was horrifically racist and advocated 'cleansing' the world of poors and minorities.

Personally, I have the problem in my family where most of the women on my mother's side have the same first name. We all go by our middle name and it's assumed that, when we marry, we'll drop the first name and retain the maiden name as a middle name and take up the new last name ... Except for the most part it doesn't work like that at all and no matter what anyone does any more we're all referred to by the same name 90% of the time. Thanks, five generations of weirdos.

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
I had classes with a kid named "Chaos."

That was the name on his birth certificate.

City of Glompton
Apr 21, 2014

Amanda Miranda Panda, it's a tongue twister!

Maximum Sexy Pigeon
Jun 5, 2008

We must never speak of this!
I worked with a guy names Nimrod the other day...

I know another guy who named his son Anakin. This comic pretty much sums this up for me.

stubblyhead
Sep 13, 2007

That is treason, Johnny!

Fun Shoe

Maximum Sexy Pigeon posted:

I worked with a guy names Nimrod the other day...

I've met a guy named Nimrod as well. It's a biblical name, he was a king and descendant of Noah. The negative connotation comes from his supposed connection with the Tower of Babel, though there's nothing actually in the Bible to support that notion.

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

stubblyhead posted:

I've met a guy named Nimrod as well. It's a biblical name, he was a king and descendant of Noah. The negative connotation comes from his supposed connection with the Tower of Babel, though there's nothing actually in the Bible to support that notion.

Are you sure? I had heard that Nimrod only became an insult after Bugs Bunny started to refer to Elmer Fudd as such sarcastically. I'm fairly sure that in the Bible he was depicted as a skilled hunter or somesuch. Yeah yeah, google but :effort:

Astrofig
Oct 26, 2009
Just found out actor Norman Reedus named his son Mingus.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Couples who shouldn't hyphenate.

Dr. Donald Dickman?