Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Some Numbers posted:

What the authors don't seem to get is that we care far more about cool fights than we do about the lore of the universes.

IT's literally filler so they can keep up the illusion of bi-daily page releases.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soulcleaver
Sep 25, 2007

Murderer
Cmon, DBZ ain't hard to figure out. Here's an actual confusing time travel story for comparison:

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Squallege posted:

and the art looks worse than the last one.

Hey now. Let's not say things we can't take back. At least this Bojack's face looks like a face.

That said, I really don't care for that development.

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Filler is the only constant in every Dragonball universe

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

Soulcleaver posted:

Cmon, DBZ ain't hard to figure out. Here's an actual confusing time travel story for comparison:

I can't read this. What the gently caress is it?

Cozz
Jun 19, 2005

Perhaps you need to... reverse... his polarity? Hack? Do some hacking?

Neo_Crimson posted:

I can't read this. What the gently caress is it?

I can't confirm since I haven't seen the movie, but it looks like the explanation to time travel in the movie "Primer"

Edit: In Multiverse, it appears there is a Namekian dragon who speaks English, which means they should be glad that Frezia didn't get to that Universe.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
Immortality isn't invulnerability, though. Frieza could've very well ended up still fighting SSJ Goku and spending the rest of his immortal existence as a half an upper body.

Or cubes of meat sliced up by Trunks' sword.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Cozz posted:

I can't confirm since I haven't seen the movie, but it looks like the explanation to time travel in the movie "Primer"

Edit: In Multiverse, it appears there is a Namekian dragon who speaks English, which means they should be glad that Frezia didn't get to that Universe.

the namekian dragon can speak english it just won't respond to it.

E: the dragons probably don't even speak any languages and are just polyglot or whatever

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Soulcleaver posted:

The only confusing thing about Primer is how a single film can have characters as boring and bland as Abe and Aaron, despite the fact that they're constantly trying to backstab each other through bullshit time travel shenanigans.

ZeeToo
Feb 20, 2008

I'm a kitty!

Some Numbers posted:

It's pronounced Fry-za. There's an i in it. I think?

And a picture of a butt!

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

What the gently caress can possibly be so compelling about Bojack's universe

Edit: There aren't any of them even left in the tournament, are there?

I think we still gotta find out something about the magic-powers girls, and that's Bojack's universe, right?

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

ZeeToo posted:

And a picture of a butt!

I think we still gotta find out something about the magic-powers girls, and that's Bojack's universe, right?

I'd be fine if we didn't.

Thyrork
Apr 21, 2010

"COME PLAY MECHS M'LANCER."

Or at least use Retrograde Mini's to make cool mechs and fantasy stuff.

:awesomelon:
Slippery Tilde
I want to see more punchy mans tournament as much as you guys but maybe it'll be a pleasant diversion like Gast's one was.

Also the art doesn't seem offensively bad to me so far, nothing like the other Bojack special. :gonk:

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

I'd be fine if we didn't.

Me too, i'd rather find out more about the cool Yamcha is an Android, Krillian is the turtle sage universe. That one seems :krad:

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.

Squallege posted:

I don't understand how turning back into a little boy didn't just drop his power level to when he was a boy to begin with. Wishing he was a boy that's still able to benchpress galaxies still isn't a great idea.

Maybe he got physically weaker, but he still has all his knowledge of ki manipulation techniques and can still go super saiyan.

Saraiguma posted:

Future Trunks and Perfect Cell are from Doomed timelines, there is only one (Alpha) timeline and any time travelling must either result in a causal loop or be the result of a Doomed timeline necessary for the integrity of the Alpha

Both Cell and Buu are already here.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Thyrork posted:

Me too, i'd rather find out more about the cool Yamcha is an Android, Krillian is the turtle sage universe. That one seems :krad:

Absolutely. I hope we get a cool special for that one, it seems amazing.

StrifeHira
Nov 7, 2012

I'll remind you that I have a very large stick.
Everybody gets wished back in Multiverse, wooo~

Also two more wishes, so they're probably saving one for reviving more people later, and the last for the end of the Tournament.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

Thyrork posted:

I totally agree, which is why I'm so perplexed with why they had Turtle Hermit Krillin lose to monster summoning whatshisface.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
krillin isnt allowed to be too successful

it'd be unnatural

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
The only reason I can plausibly think why we haven't seen any of that yet, might be because it's plot later.

Maybe. I feel really spoiled after the last filler arc looking like something out of Spawn.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Mordaedil posted:

The only reason I can plausibly think why we haven't seen any of that yet, might be because it's plot later.

Maybe. I feel really spoiled after the last filler arc looking like something out of Spawn.

That filler arc was really loving cool, I just know Bojack is going to look like poo poo next to it.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Zzulu posted:

krillin isnt allowed to be too successful

it'd be unnatural

Already is, mofo. His wife doesn't really age, his kid is adorable, he lives comfortably on a pile of money his wife totally obtained legitimately, he's a kickass dad and the strongest human on Earth. gently caress you Tien.

Krillin has the happiest ending. He beat Death.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
But he will never have a nose.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Really, the fact that Krillin got away with naming the baby of Android 18 Lazuli after his ex-girlfriend is probably the biggest sign that Krillin doesn't fear death.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Shinjobi posted:

Already is, mofo. His wife doesn't really age, his kid is adorable, he lives comfortably on a pile of money his wife totally obtained legitimately, he's a kickass dad and the strongest human on Earth. gently caress you Tien.

NO gently caress YOU

Abandoned Toaster
Jun 4, 2008

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

his ex-girlfriend

I don't know who that is.

Personally I don't mind the filler too much as long as it doesn't go too long, it explains some of the character dynamics and probably gives the main artist a chance to take some time off or get caught up, too.

Two things I wished were in the Multiverse but are 6 years too late to complain about are a universe where Turles did kill Goku and then spent the next 30 years or whatever just planet-hopping and devouring Tree of Might fruit and a universe where Freeza did care about training to the degree of Vegeta (maybe reached the fifth form and killed his brother and/or father), since discussions about him and his family always include "well yeah he's freakishly strong because he's literally a genetic freak, he doesn't train at all".

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Abandoned Toaster posted:

Garlic Jr. filler.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Abandoned Toaster posted:

Krillin's air-headed ex. She pissed off Chi-Chi once and Chi-Chi used the Kaioken and tried to kill her.

Filler is fantastic. :allears:

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

She pissed off Chi-Chi once and Chi-Chi used the Kaioken and tried to kill her.

I'll admit, it's been over 10 years since I bothered to watch most of Garlic Jr, but I'm still forced to ask: This is a thing that happened?

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Some Numbers posted:

I'll admit, it's been over 10 years since I bothered to watch most of Garlic Jr, but I'm still forced to ask: This is a thing that happened?

I mean it was played for laughs and Chi-Chi didn't actually say Kaioken (she just glowed red like Goku did), but yeah.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wke79QTqUJg

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

gently caress trophy 2k14 posted:

NO gently caress YOU

MS Paint up ya rear end in a top hat, mofo.

Chi-Chi's Kaioken might be my favorite filler aside from the driving lessons episode.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

That's pretty funny.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW

Shinjobi posted:

Chi-Chi's Kaioken might be my favorite filler aside from the driving lessons episode.

Piccolo should not have qualified for a driver's license, he's twelve. :colbert:

StrifeHira
Nov 7, 2012

I'll remind you that I have a very large stick.

YggiDee posted:

Piccolo should not have qualified for a driver's license, he's twelve. :colbert:

Well obviously he was lying about his age. Hell, if he ever DID get that license his name on it would probably be "Ma Junior" to top it all off.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Shinjobi posted:

MS Paint up ya rear end in a top hat, mofo.

i hope you get punched IN THE rear end!!!!

Abandoned Toaster
Jun 4, 2008

Some Numbers posted:

Garlic Jr. filler.

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Krillin's air-headed ex. She pissed off Chi-Chi once and Chi-Chi used the Kaioken and tried to kill her.

Filler is fantastic.

http://youtu.be/0sfm-ADB4jk?t=6m43s

Nope, still not ringing any bells. :colbert:

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Trunks doesn't know because Bulma loving hated her. Actually I'm surprised she ever mentioned Krillin at all.

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

Apparently the filler ex and daughter sharing the same name was because of some sort of pun with Krillin's name that both Toei and Toriyama came up with independently.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Xenoverse is coming to Steam.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/323470/

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

Shinjobi posted:

For me, there is no better filler than this.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L7ONwQEKVwQ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SirDrone
Jul 23, 2013

I am so sick of these star wars
Speaking of Filler was Chi-Chi being an over-protective parent and having low temperament an exaggeration in the anime or was she always like that to begin with?.

• Locked thread