Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

It wasnt that bad, after you left I got to help put out the fire!

Snapchat has been working fine for me this round, surprisingly, except for like half of holdbrooks videos, sometimes they just wont open but its only holdbrooks for some reason.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

What have you assholes done now?
Yeah, snapcatte works perfectly well on my iPhone 4S, even when I'm sending videos to the no-joke 40 of you who've sent me friend request thingies.

Holdbrooks
Jan 1, 2005

NEAI 2015
RIDE ETERNAL SHINY AND CHROME
ONWARD TO THE HALLS OF RUSTHALLA
Once I updated it I haven't had as many problems. Still get a few black videos, but better than before when I crashed on almost every pic and filled my phone with screenshots when it crashed.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe
Keep em coming. they're great.

I tried to send one out tonight, but kastein cursed me bitching about the app earlier.

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all
1 user crashes regularly for me, but that's it. :/ I wanted to see more rusty XJ/MJ's, cause they don't really get like that, that fast up here. :pwn:

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.

Safety Dance posted:

What kind of bullshit dry erase marker eraser of a phone do you have? The official snapchat app has literally never crashed for me.

Gonna keep this short and to the point, at least by my standards.
If something fails all the time, deterministically, it is usually an API not existing or an easily found app bug.
If something fails at loving random whenever it wants, it is a retard dev who can't program to save their lives, at least in an app this simple. If you want a bug list I can write one up but I might run up against the maximum post size, there are a lot. I would say it is roughly ten times worse than Radium's forums code.

Both issues exist in my snapchat. I don't bitch about the former because I assume it is my two year old phone not being the latest and greatest. Whatever.

The other, on the other hand, I loath the creators of, as someone who spent 3 years of his life finding bugs like this and reporting them to the perpetrators. (I found many, many firmware bugs on the last gen of itanium processors+development platforms and prevented them from reaching the market.)

And I am far from the only person who has issues with it, I just have very little patience with it since poo poo tier software like this never should have been released. It is pretty obvious they need to fire their devs, or QA team, or both.

End idiot developer bitchin'.

I've tried not updating it, I've tried updating it. I've tried reinstalling.

E: I am honestly unsure if your phones all have dual processor cores these days but mine does. And just adding a second core to a multitasking environment is great at determining whether a given dev has any loving idea how to handle multithreading, because it makes resource contention and data corruption thousands if not millions of times more likely to occur and therefore greatly increases the chances of a crash if someone forgot to do locking/mutexes/semaphores on a critical section.

I've found bugs in windows server edition relating to DrWatson and RAS featuresets for handling system memory/cache corruption and conclusively proven they were MS's fault by reverse engineering and hex editing internal kernel API functions on a running operating system with 64 processors, I am not some ignorant schlub blaming poo poo at random here :v:

kastein fucked around with this message at 06:42 on Nov 14, 2014

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

What have you assholes done now?
I like cars.

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

kastein posted:

E: I am honestly unsure if your phones all have dual processor cores these days but mine does. And just adding a second core to a multitasking environment is great at determining whether a given dev has any loving idea how to handle multithreading, because it makes resource contention and data corruption thousands if not millions of times more likely to occur and therefore greatly increases the chances of a crash if someone forgot to do locking/mutexes/semaphores on a critical section.

Of course, if you're running Android, it's all JVM so that's abstracted away. No idea if Objective C provides the same level of abstraction for iThings, but I suspect it does.

Adiabatic posted:

I like cars.

Cars are awesome. Software blows. Unfortunately, the latter pays better than just buying and playing with YJ Wranglers all day.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Fun Shoe

Safety Dance posted:

Cars are awesome. Software blows. Unfortunately, the latter pays better than just buying and playing with YJ Wranglers all day.

I can attest to this.

I think most of us not using potato phones have duals or better. the 4s is a dual. the 4 is a single.

I'm on a quad and the fucker STILL acts like shitzola.

"cant send video, its too large" QUIT TAKING IT IN 1080P YOU DUMB BASTARD.

E: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1QM1zwuAlTs

this is what I tried to send. its worksafe.

cursedshitbox fucked around with this message at 07:01 on Nov 14, 2014

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
Keep in mind that a security flaw was pointed out last year and the developers ignored it for months until it was exploited in December or so. Don't put your phone number in that box or use your bank password or expect a lot from them.

I give the Windows Phone version a lot of leeway because it's totally unofficial by that one guy who ports all the popular apps like tinder.

Holdbrooks
Jan 1, 2005

NEAI 2015
Yep that is a big rubber dong stuck up in a guys rear end. Probaby the closest you will get to a dick pick from me, unleash you want to see a pic of what was left when the guy on pcp ripped off his poo poo with his bare hands. That one is pretty graphic.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Yeah sure Ill take a look

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Fun Shoe
I had to screencap that for further sharing. I can't miss opportunities like that.

Saga
Aug 17, 2009

Safety Dance posted:

What kind of bullshit dry erase marker eraser of a phone do you have? The official snapchat app has literally never crashed for me.

It's been fine for me? Android, Xperia.

jabadoo
Aug 10, 2004
I added some people because I got jealous about not seeing csb's photos.. jabadooau if you're wondering who has added you.. you might occasionally get pictures of outdated hardware, cattes and superior german adhesive fails!

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

Safety Dance posted:

Of course, if you're running Android, it's all JVM so that's abstracted away. No idea if Objective C provides the same level of abstraction for iThings, but I suspect it does.
Apply brake and bring the truck to a full stop before shifting transfer case to "low-range autism:"

Even though it's abstracted away, whatever base level native code is eventually getting called by Snapchat is causing the Nexus 4 to literally crash and reboot from userland code. That's insane.

The iOS runtime is not a virtual machine: applications written in Objective-C (or Swift) compile 'down to' C (in reality it's just cross-compiled using LLVM/clang these days, I suspect) and then to native ARM code. Until semi-recently the runtime didn't even support garbage collection.

Seat Safety Switch fucked around with this message at 17:17 on Nov 14, 2014

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot
Mine works fine? But me and technology just try to peacefully exist together.

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

Holdbrooks posted:

Yep that is a big rubber dong stuck up in a guys rear end. Probaby the closest you will get to a dick pick from me, unleash you want to see a pic of what was left when the guy on pcp ripped off his poo poo with his bare hands. That one is pretty graphic.

I saw that snap, did a double-take, and then :stare:

Holdbrooks
Jan 1, 2005

NEAI 2015
Super slow at work today where are all my snaps? Entertain MEEEEEEE!

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

Holdbrooks posted:

Super slow at work today where are all my snaps? Entertain MEEEEEEE!

I put a bunch of snaps in my Story, unfortunately my app won't let me just spam everybody at once and clicking through nearly 50 people for every snap gets tiring.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

It's cold as gently caress and i'm at home in front of my heater, unless you really want snaps of my scruffy unshaven face or me playing Need For Speed / Assassin's Creed I ain't posting poo poo :colbert:

Holdbrooks
Jan 1, 2005

NEAI 2015

T1g4h posted:

It's cold as gently caress and i'm at home in front of my heater, unless you really want snaps of my scruffy unshaven face or me playing Need For Speed / Assassin's Creed I ain't posting poo poo :colbert:

I wish I was doing that!

jamal
Apr 15, 2003

I'll set the building on fire
I tend to use instagram a lot more than this snapchat thing. Why aren't we just doing that? I don't understand how this new technology works you drat kids.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Fun Shoe

jamal posted:

I tend to use instagram a lot more than this snapchat thing. Why aren't we just doing that? I don't understand how this new technology works you drat kids.

Because my phone takes amazing photos and I want e v e r y o n e to see.

otherwise I'd dig out the brownie.

stevobob
Nov 16, 2008

Alchemy - the study of how to turn LS1's into a 20B. :science:

Not a single one of Holdbrooks' snaps work for me. They won't play. Everyone else's work great.

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot

jamal posted:

Well if we want would could just use a designated hash tag for ai.

Lightbulb Out
Apr 28, 2006

slack jawed yokel

jamal posted:

This might just turn into the social media AI thread! I'm also lightbulbout on instagram...

goatse guy
Jan 23, 2007
hello im back in ai buy me avatars plz :-*
I'm crooooooooow on instagram. I mostly just use it to follow tattoo artists but I'd be happy to see some more AI content.

Since we're on the subject of social media, any other twitter users?

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

@agox on Twitter. I mostly tweet about annoying software development things.

jamal
Apr 15, 2003

I'll set the building on fire
@hellafunctional on twitter although I don't use it that much. jamalspec on instagram.

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot
Traviswlehman on instagram

I like AI in my Facebook and snaps. Your not only posting car poo poo, the posts aren't drama or Kim Kardashians rear end.

Y'all are cool. :3:

BrokenKnucklez fucked around with this message at 20:38 on Nov 15, 2014

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you
twitter and IG are the same as my snapchatte

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

You people sure are quick to tell someone to buy a car, knew there was a reason I added everyone.

No instagram at the moment...might finally have to do it. Would be nice to have a lot of the shots I took available.

stevobob
Nov 16, 2008

Alchemy - the study of how to turn LS1's into a 20B. :science:

I reinstalled snapcatte and now I can view Holdbrooks' snaps. The mystery now is whose did it break :downs:

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

It wasnt that bad, after you left I got to help put out the fire!

I did nothing and was able to open holdbrooks snaps today so I dunno what the gently caress.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

My Instagram is the same as my Snapchat, though it's updated even less and it's mostly used for my actual proper photography and the occasional "What i'm currently listening to" screenshot: @T1gg4h

And then for actual proper photography but not on a social network that only allows super compressed, highly artifacted images, my Flickr is the same as my forums name :v:

Social networking!

goatse guy
Jan 23, 2007
hello im back in ai buy me avatars plz :-*
I forgot to add my twitter, I'm @surlylizard.

Voltage
Sep 4, 2004

MALT LIQUOR!
@rubbermeetsroad for instagram, post weird cars and newts.

ephphatha
Dec 18, 2009

instagram and twitter usernames are the same as snapchat, thelettereph. Someone signed up to everything with my usual nickname already... I only just signed up to instagram recently and haven't used it yet but it's likely to have more dog, bike, and landscape photos.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SlimManFat
Nov 12, 2010

RUST RUST RUST RUST RUST RUST RUST RUST RUST RUST RUST RUST RUST RUST RUST
Adiabatic sounds a lot the Regular Car Reviews guy. :iiam:

• Locked thread