Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Sharkopath posted:

Functionally that scene was pretty cool actually, you had exposition and character discussion and introductions going on with action in the background, I enjoyed it.

Armorzagan popping out over a hill momentarily to do some stuff and then going back to the characters.

And the pleasant, calm music playing over that scene really made it. Was funny to see it go uninterrupted even while you clearly saw the battle raging in the background.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Missing Link
Aug 13, 2008

Should do fine against cats.
The Tricky Pack is cool. Is that really the name for it or are translators being weird? Anyway, it looks like pink butterfly wings and shoots out an afterimage that fucks up the function of the elf bull. That's some Turn A nano machine poo poo right there.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

They called it "Tricky Backpack" in English when talking about it so yeah no need for the translators to add goofy things, haha.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
Notice how Klim referred to 'one Armorzagan'. Guess the Big Zam really did get mass-produced. And it looks like Zeon really are going to stay the good guys for a while yet, seeing as the Capital Tower apparently knows of and is collaborating with whatever shady poo poo's happening on the moon, and Mask's about to wreck the Zenams' chances of getting home and talking things out.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Darth Walrus posted:

Notice how Klim referred to 'one Armorzagan'. Guess the Big Zam really did get mass-produced. And it looks like Zeon really are going to stay the good guys for a while yet, seeing as the Capital Tower apparently knows of and is collaborating with whatever shady poo poo's happening on the moon, and Mask's about to wreck the Zenams' chances of getting home and talking things out.

No, the Capital Tower's against whatever's going on up on the Moon, because they've been turning the Undernut into a military base to address the "threat from space". I don't think they know the threat is the same guys that give them the photon batteries though, because look at Bellri's mum reacting to that.

Caros
May 14, 2008

TARDISman posted:

Mask was a little distracted not getting his poo poo wrecked by the mobile armor and Klim double teaming most of his squad.

Yeah, I meant the point where they were all standing on the beach, where Klim had no weapons and they were sitting ducks.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Caros posted:

Yeah, I meant the point where they were all standing on the beach, where Klim had no weapons and they were sitting ducks.

You mean when he was busy trying not to get fried by Mick Jack's Amorzagan?

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Neddy Seagoon posted:

No, the Capital Tower's against whatever's going on up on the Moon, because they've been turning the Undernut into a military base to address the "threat from space". I don't think they know the threat is the same guys that give them the photon batteries though, because look at Bellri's mum reacting to that.

I was under the impression that that was to counter Ameria's growing space presence. They deduced this episode that His Holiness and the Capital Army's leadership have been hiding information about the moon and the Rose of Hermes blueprints (implied to be Moonrace suits) from the civilian bureaucracy. If you then factor in the suspiciously Gundam-like designs of the Capital Army's machines, there's good odds on them collaborating with the Moon.

Caros
May 14, 2008

Neddy Seagoon posted:

You mean when he was busy trying not to get fried by Mick Jack's Amorzagan?

Yeah. Keep in mind that unless she read the script, Aida did not know in advance what the outcome of that battle was going to be. For all she knew the Amorzagan was going to get shot down at any moment. Or reinforcements were going to arrive, or the Amorzagan was going to have problems with its weapons (which it did) or one of the Cait Siths was going to poke its head over the ridgeline.

Aida got out of her fully functional mobile suit to run down and give daddy a hug and have a sit down on the beach barely a few hundred feet away from an active battlefield.

Ryas
Dec 28, 2012

Caros posted:

Yeah. Keep in mind that unless she read the script, Aida did not know in advance what the outcome of that battle was going to be. For all she knew the Amorzagan was going to get shot down at any moment. Or reinforcements were going to arrive, or the Amorzagan was going to have problems with its weapons (which it did) or one of the Cait Siths was going to poke its head over the ridgeline.

Aida got out of her fully functional mobile suit to run down and give daddy a hug and have a sit down on the beach barely a few hundred feet away from an active battlefield.

Except Aida's been shown to be totally unprofessional and unused to war, given her reaction to Captain Cahill's death. Klim, on the other hand, was barking orders and eager to get back into the air as soon as he was resupplied with the weapons that were destroyed in the last episode.

You have this impression of Aida being some kind of elite pilot, when in fact the Megafauna has been reluctant to send her out into battle, dragging their feet with completing the G-Arcane, giving her the least dangerous job during the Crown battery theft operation, and generally trying to keep her away from the frontlines where she could have been easily killed. From the way she's been presented it's clear that she's passionate about the Amerian government's goals but clearly idealistic and naive. She's been overcompensating because she feels that it was her mistake that led to Captain Cahill's death, but in this episode it was clear that her overzealousness to prove herself nearly led her to murder an innocent person.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Ryas posted:

Except Aida's been shown to be totally unprofessional and unused to war, given her reaction to Captain Cahill's death. Klim, on the other hand, was barking orders and eager to get back into the air as soon as he was resupplied with the weapons that were destroyed in the last episode.

You have this impression of Aida being some kind of elite pilot, when in fact the Megafauna has been reluctant to send her out into battle, dragging their feet with completing the G-Arcane, giving her the least dangerous job during the Crown battery theft operation, and generally trying to keep her away from the frontlines where she could have been easily killed. From the way she's been presented it's clear that she's passionate about the Amerian government's goals but clearly idealistic and naive. She's been overcompensating because she feels that it was her mistake that led to Captain Cahill's death, but in this episode it was clear that her overzealousness to prove herself nearly led her to murder an innocent person.

Yeah it's pretty obvious her dad doesn't want her to be anywhere near the pirates at all, so the reason shes there is her own impulsive and headstrong nature. She wants to help, she wants to make things right, she wants to change the world.

I think Aida's a pretty cool character and I'm hoping she gets a lot of time in the spotlight eventually.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Sharkopath posted:

Yeah it's pretty obvious her dad doesn't want her to be anywhere near the pirates at all, so the reason shes there is her own impulsive and headstrong nature. She wants to help, she wants to make things right, she wants to change the world.

I think Aida's a pretty cool character and I'm hoping she gets a lot of time in the spotlight eventually.

It'd be nice if she learns to kick rear end a little more too, though. I mean, she's a pilot of a Gundam. That carries certain expectations.

Caros
May 14, 2008

Ryas posted:

Okay, so Aida is naive. Why didn't... let me just go down the list: Klim Nick, Bellri (ha), Her Dad, The random Base Jabber Pilots, The technicians or literally anyone else involved in that scene stop and go "Uh, hey Aida we're kinda sitting ducks out here. Since you're the only one still armed it might behoove you to actually stay in the cockpit, if only because it might discourage some random grunt pilot from instantly murdering all of us if he sees us."

The Amorgazan flew out overtop of them during that scene, and frankly they should have been one bad shot off of ending up like Shinn's family from SEED destiny. Fortunately for them nothing in G-Reco has to follow actual logic or common sense. You're behind a small hill, perfectly safe from combat. Lets play some cheery music and have a father daughter sit down in an active warzone... wee, look at how wacky this show is!

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I've pretty much given up hope on anyone not named Bellri or Mask getting more than momentary flashes of competence anytime soon.

Caros posted:

Okay, so Aida is naive. Why didn't... let me just go down the list: Klim Nick, Bellri (ha), Her Dad, The random Base Jabber Pilots, The technicians or literally anyone else involved in that scene stop and go "Uh, hey Aida we're kinda sitting ducks out here. Since you're the only one still armed it might behoove you to actually stay in the cockpit, if only because it might discourage some random grunt pilot from instantly murdering all of us if he sees us."

How the Christ do you watch Gundam series, or indeed any anime at all, if 'character acts in service of character development over tactical reality" is something that bothers you so much? This is literally something that happens in every Gundam series. At best you get something like "Ali shoots Setsuna's stupid rear end when he opens the cockpit" or "Emma gets randomly ganked because she left her robot" but those are the exceptions, not the rule.

ImpAtom fucked around with this message at 18:33 on Nov 14, 2014

Under the vegetable
Nov 2, 2004

by Smythe
Caros, you should probably not watch the show if you have so many complaints huh? Do you have a reviews and crit blog we can follow instead?

Caros
May 14, 2008

ImpAtom posted:

I've pretty much given up hope on anyone not named Bellri or Mask getting more than momentary flashes of competence anytime soon.

Eh, Mick Jagger or whoever is going to get a bit of screen time. I expect she'll get maybe one more episode to look kind of cool and then she'll fade into the background, possibly to end up getting four'd at some point in the future.

Frankly I'm more worried about Mask. Next episode will be the fourth episode of him failing to do anything to the G-self, so he is going to run into pretty serious danger of ending up like Worf if they don't give him the opportunity to do something flashy away from fighting the G-self. I will say it was fun watching him pot shot the mooks this episode, even if he seemed incredibly bored doing it.

Under the vegetable posted:

Caros, you should probably not watch the show if you have so many complaints huh? Do you have a reviews and crit blog we can follow instead?

I watch all new gundam as it comes out, since it'll inevitably end up in an SRW/dynasty warriors game I play some day. I watched clean through AGE despite it being garbage, and this is kind of refreshing in that it occasionally has okay/good action scenes. I'm sorry that it disrupts your echo chamber of how good this show is by pointing out how hilariously stupid some of the character decisions are.

Caros fucked around with this message at 18:36 on Nov 14, 2014

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Caros posted:

Frankly I'm more worried about Mask. Next episode will be the fourth episode of him failing to do anything to the G-self, so he is going to run into pretty serious danger of ending up like Worf if they don't give him the opportunity to do something flashy away from fighting the G-self. I will say it was fun watching him pot shot the mooks this episode, even if he seemed incredibly bored doing it.

"Masked rival spends multiple episodes flailing ineffectively at the Gundam" is pretty much par for the course to be honest. A major reoccurring rival in any show basically has to repeatedly fail and it really depends on how they're presented. Ramba Ral has a better showing against the Gundam than Char does in the original show for example. Presentation matters a lot and so far at least Mask has been presented as the most dangerous guy on the field.

Caros
May 14, 2008

ImpAtom posted:

"Masked rival spends multiple episodes flailing ineffectively at the Gundam" is pretty much par for the course to be honest. A major reoccurring rival in any show basically has to repeatedly fail and it really depends on how they're presented. Ramba Ral has a better showing against the Gundam than Char does in the original show for example. Presentation matters a lot and so far at least Mask has been presented as the most dangerous guy on the field.

True. Some shows (SEED) tend to have a lot less of that interaction, and while it might be my memory failing me, I seem to recall Graham Aker being a lot less ridiculous for this since they tended to space encounters with him over the course of the show, rather than hammering it in episode after episode. Even Char is absent for long chunks of MSG, before the endless parade of amphibious mobile suits anyways.

I agree he looks dangerous now, I'm just hoping they can flesh out their villain base pretty soon, because with Dellensen dead the only named opposition we have is Mr.Mask, and if he keeps losing it'll get silly real quick.

Ryas
Dec 28, 2012

Caros posted:

I like how you completely ignore the fact that as soon as Klim landed (an -actual- veteran from the Ameria-Gondowan war) he immediately ordered one of the Fly-Schop pilots to go to the recently vacated Jahannam to keep watch while the G-Self was being re-equipped with the new backpack, -and- leaves to support Mick Jack soon as the Montero is rearmed, expressly out of fear that the lone Armorzagan holding off the enemy might be overpowered. Sure helps build your narrative, doesn't it?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Caros posted:

True. Some shows (SEED) tend to have a lot less of that interaction, and while it might be my memory failing me, I seem to recall Graham Aker being a lot less ridiculous for this since they tended to space encounters with him over the course of the show, rather than hammering it in episode after episode. Even Char is absent for long chunks of MSG, before the endless parade of amphibious mobile suits anyways.

I agree he looks dangerous now, I'm just hoping they can flesh out their villain base pretty soon, because with Dellensen dead the only named opposition we have is Mr.Mask, and if he keeps losing it'll get silly real quick.

In SEED's case they replace Masked Guy with the four ZAFT Boys instead but they basically run into the same problem. They're four ace pilots in top-of-the-line MS that can devastate a fleet in an instant but still can't take down one unit and its support craft. It's kind of an unfortunate side effect of being an series-long villain. You can't really win at any meaningful point.

As far as villains go we appear to be getting that pink-haired pilot from the ending next episode. And there's not an unreasonable chance that Mask is going to gank Klim or someone else next episode.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Caros posted:

The cool thing about the show is that Mask isn't a villain, and so far the show doesn't have any real ones. It's all people doing things for the good of their own people.

Mask doesn't need to succeed against the protagonists to remain relevant, especially with all the incredibly unsubtle foreshadowing about his growing distaste for the way the Capital runs things. I would be very surprised if he doesn't switch sides or form a splinter united Kuntala faction over the course of the show.

Ryas
Dec 28, 2012
The thing about Mask, really, isn't that he failed. In fact, if it weren't for a literal Deus Ex Machina in the form of Armorzagan, that mission would likely have gone in his favor, which makes his derision among the non-kuntala soldiers at his failure sting even worse.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Interesting bit of info if my ability to parse machine translated japanese is correct:

Aida was originally slated to have her own custom montero before they designed the G-Arcane and placed it in the show instead.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Sharkopath posted:

Interesting bit of info if my ability to parse machine translated japanese is correct:

Aida was originally slated to have her own custom montero before they designed the G-Arcane and placed it in the show instead.

The worst decision ever, another Montero could only be a good thing.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

ImpAtom posted:

The worst decision ever, another Montero could only be a good thing.

I actually like the G-Arcane and think its one of the cooler looking gundam designs, but yeah the montero is a much more interesting design all together.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Ryas posted:

The thing about Mask, really, isn't that he failed. In fact, if it weren't for a literal Deus Ex Machina in the form of Armorzagan, that mission would likely have gone in his favor, which makes his derision among the non-kuntala soldiers at his failure sting even worse.

Dude tries hard and even though he put up a good fight he just returns to face more discrimination. Poor guy has it rough.

I can definitely see him plotting something or even straight up switching sides at one point if he thinks it will benefit the Kuntala.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

From the same dude, early art for a mass production version of the Montero, the design for the beam javelin came later so instead it has missiles mounted on the shield.

Ryas
Dec 28, 2012
Oh man, GriMontero looks so cool. Pity it didn't make it into the show.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

The production art also makes it more obvious that the shields were also totally meant to be wings also, and even have control surfaces on them.

It's a detail that got lost on the final lineart for the animated suit and I don't think it's used them as wings at all yet either.

e: I should mention that the model kit still has the lines for that though.

Caros
May 14, 2008

Ryas posted:

I like how you completely ignore the fact that as soon as Klim landed (an -actual- veteran from the Ameria-Gondowan war) he immediately ordered one of the Fly-Schop pilots to go to the recently vacated Jahannam to keep watch while the G-Self was being re-equipped with the new backpack, -and- leaves to support Mick Jack soon as the Montero is rearmed, expressly out of fear that the lone Armorzagan holding off the enemy might be overpowered. Sure helps build your narrative, doesn't it?

Okay. So why didn't he also order (or ask) Aida, the woman in the fully equipped, top of the line mobile suit to also keep watch instead of going down to have a drink with her dad? Did he think "Meh, that one guy in a grunt mobile suit can probably turn the tide against the stuff that wrecked the G-self? Or did he just think that Aida is so startlingly incompetent that it really isn't even worth bothering to keep her in her mobile suit because she'll add nothing to the battle?

The scene where the Armorzagan flies overhead in combat with two Elf-Bullocks takes place just as Aida is getting out of her cockpit to run over and say hi to her dad, and at that point they don't have a single person ready for combat, solely because she's more interested in getting us needed exposition than not dying. Because the script for this episode has dumb plot holes.

ImpAtom posted:

In SEED's case they replace Masked Guy with the four ZAFT Boys instead but they basically run into the same problem. They're four ace pilots in top-of-the-line MS that can devastate a fleet in an instant but still can't take down one unit and its support craft. It's kind of an unfortunate side effect of being an series-long villain. You can't really win at any meaningful point.

As far as villains go we appear to be getting that pink-haired pilot from the ending next episode. And there's not an unreasonable chance that Mask is going to gank Klim or someone else next episode.

True all around. It was probably the least of my nitpicks. I personally just sort of bored by mask so that is probably coloring my opinion too. It'll probably help that the space people are no doubt going to start showing up and giving us a whole new front to worry about, which should help dramatically.

Good call on the ZAFT boys btw.

quote:

The cool thing about the show is that Mask isn't a villain, and so far the show doesn't have any real ones. It's all people doing things for the good of their own people.

Mask doesn't need to succeed against the protagonists to remain relevant, especially with all the incredibly unsubtle foreshadowing about his growing distaste for the way the Capital runs things. I would be very surprised if he doesn't switch sides or form a splinter united Kuntala faction over the course of the show.

This is true of just about every modern Gundam since the early UC stuff where you had people twirling mustaches and cackling while they stroked their mustaches.

I do think he needs to have some sort of success to remain a credible threat, or to take a break and come back with something new. My whole point there was that if we keep getting episode after episode like this it'll get dry watching him get his rear end kicked repeatedly. Hopefully this won't happen as you say!

quote:

If it weren't Deus Ex Machina in the form of Klim Nick deciding to launch a brain damaged teenager in the Gundam (who isn't bellri) then Bellri probably would have just flown out and kicked the crap out of the Elf like he'd done the last three times he launched against that suit.

Sharkopath posted:

This is drat pretty. I might have to paint my Montero when I finally purchase it.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Caros posted:

I do think he needs to have some sort of success to remain a credible threat, or to take a break and come back with something new. My whole point there was that if we keep getting episode after episode like this it'll get dry watching him get his rear end kicked repeatedly. Hopefully this won't happen as you say!

Everybody be saying they think that the preview next episode means Klim is going to bite it, but I choose to read it as Mask is going to do something very reckless and nearly kill himself and Bellri will have to save him and then the pirate ship will just continue to absorb more and more of the cast.

That's what my heart wants at least.

Also final production art of the G-Arcane, I can't parse what the dude is saying about this one as well but it was built by the Amerians and based on the G system, he designed it to look like something that would represent aida and also work to boost the morale of the Amerian soldiers that saw it, I think.

Gアルケインはアメリア初のG系MSで破格の高性能機。また姫が駆る事でアメリア軍の士気向上と技術革新の象徴となっています。多くの武装は勿論姫を帰還させる為、と考えデザインしました。画像は僕の設定稿です。HGアルケイン20日出荷です何卒!

Also a plug about the model kit release day right at the end.

Ryas
Dec 28, 2012

Caros posted:

Okay. So why didn't he also order (or ask) Aida, the woman in the fully equipped, top of the line mobile suit to also keep watch instead of going down to have a drink with her dad? Did he think "Meh, that one guy in a grunt mobile suit can probably turn the tide against the stuff that wrecked the G-self? Or did he just think that Aida is so startlingly incompetent that it really isn't even worth bothering to keep her in her mobile suit because she'll add nothing to the battle?

Because Aida isn't a soldier, and as far as he's concerned, Aida really has been so useless so far that he considers her a burden instead of a support. Look at how quickly he warmed up to Bellri when he displayed exceptional skill. The Megafauna crew in general have been trying to keep Aida away from the frontlines for a while now, and why should that change when she hasn't shown any improvements so far? The entire rearming sequence for the Montero took under a minute before he flew off again, far quicker than it took the G-Self to equip the Tricky Backpack.

quote:

If it weren't Deus Ex Machina in the form of Klim Nick deciding to launch a brain damaged teenager in the Gundam (who isn't bellri) then Bellri probably would have just flown out and kicked the crap out of the Elf like he'd done the last three times he launched against that suit.

Except no. Klim had Raraiya pilot the G-Self before they had come under attack. If he knew they were under attack by unidentified units he would never have taken the G-Self out of the hangar. It's just that he's had the bad luck of the Capital Army attacking him while he was just trying out some stuff, not intending to actually engage. And Bellri didn't exactly make a huge difference either; when he tried to fight Mask he ended up just getting his flight pack damaged, while the rest of the Megafauna's mobile suits were damaged, outmatched and outnumbered. If it weren't for the Armorzagan showing up to break up the fight for a bit, the Megafauna crew would have been in serious trouble.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Aida's father seems to know more than he lets on, considering the way he was talking with Raraiya this episode. Makes me wonder if he had an idea of what her original mission was.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Sharkopath posted:

Everybody be saying they think that the preview next episode means Klim is going to bite it, but I choose to read it as Mask is going to do something very reckless and nearly kill himself and Bellri will have to save him and then the pirate ship will just continue to absorb more and more of the cast.

That's what my heart wants at least.

Also final production art of the G-Arcane, I can't parse what the dude is saying about this one as well but it was built by the Amerians and based on the G system, he designed it to look like something that would represent aida and also work to boost the morale of the Amerian soldiers that saw it, I think.

Gアルケインはアメリア初のG系MSで破格の高性能機。また姫が駆る事でアメリア軍の士気向上と技術革新の象徴となっています。多くの武装は勿論姫を帰還させる為、と考えデザインしました。画像は僕の設定稿です。HGアルケイン20日出荷です何卒!

Also a plug about the model kit release day right at the end.

Clearly she took the distinctive paint job wargear to allow Amerian soldiers to reroll morale checks as long as they have line of sight to the Arcane. :orks:

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

This dudes twitter is really cool. Apparently the grimoire head is designed to vent out excess photon energy, kinda like the way flushing coolant work in mechwarrior.

Theres also tons of character art and sketch stuff there, but I thought the thread would appreciate this one in particular.

Astro Nut
Feb 22, 2013

Nonsensical Space Powers, Activate! Form of Friendship!
...It violates the taboo to look into space. That is some ancient conspiracy material right there - makes me suspect that the taboo may not entirely be built around the notion of preventing a repeat of the Universal Century. Given where a certain mobile suit may come from, that... should prove interesting.

Also I love that the friend forgotten at the Capital is actually the first person to see right through Mask's... uh, mask.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Astro Nut posted:

...It violates the taboo to look into space. That is some ancient conspiracy material right there - makes me suspect that the taboo may not entirely be built around the notion of preventing a repeat of the Universal Century. Given where a certain mobile suit may come from, that... should prove interesting.

Also I love that the friend forgotten at the Capital is actually the first person to see right through Mask's... uh, mask.

I guess the first time he was just too far away for her to figure it out. And most don't really gives a poo poo what he looks like underneath the mask because hey he's just an expendable Kuntala anyways.

Caros
May 14, 2008

Ryas posted:

Because Aida isn't a soldier, and as far as he's concerned, Aida really has been so useless so far that he considers her a burden instead of a support. Look at how quickly he warmed up to Bellri when he displayed exceptional skill. The Megafauna crew in general have been trying to keep Aida away from the frontlines for a while now, and why should that change when she hasn't shown any improvements so far? The entire rearming sequence for the Montero took under a minute before he flew off again, far quicker than it took the G-Self to equip the Tricky Backpack.

Fair enough. If we assume that Aida is utterly worthless as a pilot, to the point that she might as well not even be there then yes, I will agree that the scene makes sense. It sort of says something about how the show being written that Aida is utterly worthless, but we'll let that stand the test of time.

quote:

Except no. Klim had Raraiya pilot the G-Self before they had come under attack. If he knew they were under attack by unidentified units he would never have taken the G-Self out of the hangar. It's just that he's had the bad luck of the Capital Army attacking him while he was just trying out some stuff, not intending to actually engage. And Bellri didn't exactly make a huge difference either; when he tried to fight Mask he ended up just getting his flight pack damaged, while the rest of the Megafauna's mobile suits were damaged, outmatched and outnumbered. If it weren't for the Armorzagan showing up to break up the fight for a bit, the Megafauna crew would have been in serious trouble.

That was kind of my point, yeah. Mask was only as successful as he was because the most powerful Mobile Suit on the Megafauna just happened to be out being taken for a test drive by a Monday. Klim taking that exact moment to have her wandering around is just as much a deus ex plot convenience moment as the Armorzagan showing up at the exact moment they needed it to. Bellri didn't make a huge difference only because by the time he actually got engaged in the fight they'd already lost several suits and had damage to many others (including all of Klim Nick's weapons.)

quote:

It really would be funny if it was just a wizard of oz moment. Pay no attention to the growing space empire on the moon!

Dj Meow Mix
Jan 27, 2009

corgicorgicorgicorgi
rockin everywhere

Sharkopath posted:

From the same dude, early art for a mass production version of the Montero, the design for the beam javelin came later so instead it has missiles mounted on the shield.

I'm pretty sure that says 'Klim Custom' on it, might be an early design sketch before he got the current blue version instead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Dj Meow Mix posted:

I'm pretty sure that says 'Klim Custom' on it, might be an early design sketch before he got the current blue version instead.

Glad they changed their minds then, it definitely looks like something nameless grunts would be using instead of someone in an important position.

• Locked thread