Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

Illinois Smith posted:

I like Daniel Kitson and Stewart Lee, someone recommend me more British standups plz

I've only ever seen one set of his, but I quite liked Simon Amstell's standup.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Duke
May 19, 2004

The Angel from my Nightmare

Going to see Ron Funches tonight at a bowling alley in my crappy town :worship:

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Any of you guys gonna go see Patton play Carnegie Hall? If so, I wanna hear about it!

SeventhSeven
Jun 28, 2009
Went to The Comedy Store last night... We walked in as Ron Jeremy walked out with a hooker.

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

SeventhSeven posted:

Went to The Comedy Store last night... We walked in as Ron Jeremy walked out with a hooker.
Ron Jeremy is recognizable, but how did you know the profession of the other person? Is there more to this story? Also, two sex workers walk out of a comedy club...

Speaking of hookers, I can't wait to see Dice Clay this Saturday! What a character.

SeventhSeven
Jun 28, 2009
The beautiful woman behind the glass informed me of the departing woman's profession. Great night... Steve Travino and Steven Brody Stevens were my favorites

List: https://twitter.com/thecomedystore/status/532742178909741057

SeventhSeven fucked around with this message at 07:53 on Nov 14, 2014

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

Brody is consistently the best guy at the store. Maron is pretty great there too.

Coco13
Jun 6, 2004

My advice to you is to start drinking heavily.
Saw Garfunkle and Oates last night. They are as delightful as you would imagine.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

Speaking of the Comedy Store, this week's episode of Pauly Shore's Interested is a good spot to jump on the bandwagon. He interviews Lenny Bruce's daughter and then does commentary on the interview with Marc Maron. I mentioned this in the comedy podcast thread, but it's surprisingly good even though Pauly is pretty hit or miss with his interviews.

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

Mordecai Sanchez posted:

Speaking of the Comedy Store, this week's episode of Pauly Shore's Interested is a good spot to jump on the bandwagon. He interviews Lenny Bruce's daughter and then does commentary on the interview with Marc Maron. I mentioned this in the comedy podcast thread, but it's surprisingly good even though Pauly is pretty hit or miss with his interviews.

I was looking forward to this episode after hearing Pauly and Marc talk about it on the Dave Ross episode of WTF and I wasn't let down. That said, I'm not sure I'd listen to many more episodes. I'm not going to unsubscribe or anything, but I just don't see it becoming a regular listen for me.

People Stew
Dec 5, 2003

I saw Joey Diaz last night in Portland. It was a pretty good show. I hadn't really checked out his standup much and I was only familiar with his podcast antics, but he didn't disappoint. Sean Jordan opened and I enjoyed his set as well.

I'm going to see Todd Barry tonight so this week is working out pretty well comedy-wise.

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

I went to Megan Amram's book tour in Toronto and while it wasn't your traditional stand-up show, it was pretty funny. She's really nice.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

XIII posted:

I was looking forward to this episode after hearing Pauly and Marc talk about it on the Dave Ross episode of WTF and I wasn't let down. That said, I'm not sure I'd listen to many more episodes. I'm not going to unsubscribe or anything, but I just don't see it becoming a regular listen for me.

I'd highly recommend the first episode with Robin William's best friend, the next one with Arsenio and Paul Rodriguez, and especially the Andy Dick/Lucas Dick one. The rest are kind of hit or miss. His interview with his father and father's former writing partner is pretty entertaining but then the episode with Downtown Julie Brown was so obnoxious I turned it off after 10 minutes. Even the Carrot Top/Larry the Cable Guy one is pretty interesting if you put aside your opinion on their comedy.

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

Oh, yeah, I forgot about the Carrot Top/Larry the Cable Guy one! I wanted to listen to that one as well. Thanks!

Ariza
Feb 8, 2006
It's still so hard for me to get over the Pauly Shore thing. I know he's not his characters from the 90s, but I grew up with all of those horrible movies and every time I hear him speak I still hear it. His podcast is still pretty new, but hopefully it matures because he's got a lot of awesome people going through that club. Is Adam Eget ever around?

The Duke
May 19, 2004

The Ron Funches show was great, like half the jokes I'd already heard on his standup special that aired on CC a few months ago and on various talk show appearances but it was still hilarious. We managed to get there early enough and the venue was super small (maybe 40 people?) that we ended up in the front row on the corner of the stage. Afterwards he came and hung out at the bowling alley bar for a little bit so my girlfriend and I chatted with him and got a couple pictures. He was very nice and shook my hand and appreciated us telling him we loved him on Undateable and his appearances on @midnight. I told him I'd been a fan since I first saw him on Conan in like 2011 and he sincerely thanked us. Unless he's secretly a giant rear end in a top hat in real life he was definitely as personable and loveable as he appears on TV. I feel like he's going to get moderately popular at some point in the future so it was really cool seeing him in such an intimate setting.

His opener Gabriel Dinger was quite funny as well, we forgot to check out the merch after the show but I would've picked up a CD if he had one for sure.

Reformed Pissboy
Nov 6, 2003

Chelsea Peretti's new special is out on Netflix and it's really good! I don't know about great yet, but really good so far!

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

The Duke posted:

The Ron Funches show was great, like half the jokes I'd already heard on his standup special that aired on CC a few months ago and on various talk show appearances but it was still hilarious. We managed to get there early enough and the venue was super small (maybe 40 people?) that we ended up in the front row on the corner of the stage. Afterwards he came and hung out at the bowling alley bar for a little bit so my girlfriend and I chatted with him and got a couple pictures. He was very nice and shook my hand and appreciated us telling him we loved him on Undateable and his appearances on @midnight. I told him I'd been a fan since I first saw him on Conan in like 2011 and he sincerely thanked us. Unless he's secretly a giant rear end in a top hat in real life he was definitely as personable and loveable as he appears on TV. I feel like he's going to get moderately popular at some point in the future so it was really cool seeing him in such an intimate setting.

But did you hug him? I mean Ron Funches appears to be the most huggable comedian ever.

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

Ches Neckbeard posted:

But did you hug him? I mean Ron Funches appears to be the most huggable comedian ever.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZgLd8_k2Iw

The Duke
May 19, 2004

Ches Neckbeard posted:

You know I got a hug.

Rob was taken
Mar 8, 2006
Saw Todd Barry last weekend at the opening show of the Boston Comedy Festival. It was a nice intimate setting and he was great. I wanted to see Ron Funches the following night, but I already had tickets to see Tig Notaro. Unfortunately she had to cancel due to a medical emergency, but Ron's early show was sold out. Going to see Ted Alexandro tonight for the final show of the festival.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

Rob was taken posted:

Saw Todd Barry last weekend at the opening show of the Boston Comedy Festival. It was a nice intimate setting and he was great. I wanted to see Ron Funches the following night, but I already had tickets to see Tig Notaro. Unfortunately she had to cancel due to a medical emergency, but Ron's early show was sold out. Going to see Ted Alexandro tonight for the final show of the festival.

Is Tig sick again?

Rob was taken
Mar 8, 2006
Apparently a cyst burst and she had massive internal bleeding. Here's a message and video from her Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=10152697312752525

Ass Catchcum
Dec 21, 2008
I REALLY NEED TO SHUT THE FUCK UP FOREVER.

Rob was taken posted:

Apparently a cyst burst and she had massive internal bleeding. Here's a message and video from her Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=10152697312752525

Do you do comedy in Boston?

I hate that they schedule the big headliner shows at the same time as the competition shows. It'd be nice to give the competitors a chance instead of making the potential audience decide between seeing a hilarious established comic or a bunch of newer peeps.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

Rob was taken posted:

Jeez she really can't catch a break can she

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
REALLY can't catch a break. When I hear about cysts bursting, it's usually an ovarian one and it was burst due to penis intrusion. Poor Tig.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Rob was taken posted:

Can we talk about the fuckin forces of hell chasing Tig around, because gently caress man it's just one thing after another for her.

Web Jew.0
May 13, 2009
Apologies in advance if there's a more appropriate thread for this but I'm an amateur based in Hong Kong, only 20 months deep, and I want to share my best set ever.

https://youtu.be/jidrnmxghoE

It's only 8 minutes and I'd appreciate you taking a look. Tia.

E: fixed

Web Jew.0 fucked around with this message at 00:36 on Nov 18, 2014

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

Web Jew.0 posted:

Apologies in advance if there's a more appropriate thread for this but I'm an amateur based in Hong Kong, only 20 months deep, and I want to share my best set ever.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KmFiiA8xvlQ

It's only 8 minutes and I'd appreciate you taking a look. Tia.

Link doesn't work. Says it's a duplicate video.

Web Jew.0
May 13, 2009
Whoops. My bad. Thanks for the heads up.

Link amended. Please have a watch!

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?
still getting an error web jew.o

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

Reformed Pissboy posted:

Chelsea Peretti's new special is out on Netflix and it's really good! I don't know about great yet, but really good so far!

I agree with this post. It's good.

manyak
Jan 26, 2006

Drunkboxer posted:

I agree with this post. It's good.

I agree. its good

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

Netflix was smart getting into comedy specials as well as original series. Peretti's was killer and I'm crazy hyped for a new Bill Burr special tomorrow.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006
Bill Burr's special is out, apparently.

On a related topic... is there any way to watch these Netflix specials if you're in a country where Netflix doesn't work? :(

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS

Megazver posted:

Bill Burr's special is out, apparently.

On a related topic... is there any way to watch these Netflix specials if you're in a country where Netflix doesn't work? :(

A VPN like Hola should work

People Stew
Dec 5, 2003

I just finished the new bill burr special. I felt like it started a bit slow but overall I thought it was great.

I watched it on my kindle and the sound seemed kind of weird though. Anyone else notice that?

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

A Toronto comic who I think is pretty funny was on Conan this week so I'm gonna post this here.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LApj4r9iTUU

Ass Catchcum
Dec 21, 2008
I REALLY NEED TO SHUT THE FUCK UP FOREVER.
If we're just positing neat recent late night sets:

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GVVKUQmV5ZE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WgDjpGpHMYc
And be sure to watch Trevor Noah on the Daily Show http://splitsider.com/2014/12/watch-trevor-noah-make-his-daily-show-debut/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

The Chris Rock Vulture interview is really good btw. He is insightful as hell, goddamn.

http://www.vulture.com/2014/11/chris-rock-frank-rich-in-conversation.html