Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

sticklefifer posted:

I just wonder, when you're that deeply entrenched, what excuses people like that are going to make when/if TNA inevitably folds. Is it THEN Dixie's fault? Or does the failure of her company only martyr her that much more?

If TNA goes under it's because people were too negative about the product and didn't give it a shot. Everyone bought into Slave Shitzer's dirtsheet lies and couldn't see the greatness that was TNA.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zanael
Jan 30, 2007

Finn 3:16 says I just licorice
whipped your peppermint ass

sticklefifer posted:

I just wonder, when you're that deeply entrenched, what excuses people like that are going to make when/if TNA inevitably folds. Is it THEN Dixie's fault? Or does the failure of her company only martyr her that much more?
"The market" or some sort of non tangible "people won't do things because" concept will probably blamed, also the competiton was unfair and the monopoly of the WWE can't leave breath to smaller but trustful american companies, seriously can't the congress do something about large multinationals taking on our companies, gosh.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

WeaponX posted:

holy poo poo dave was spot on with his prediction for the long term future of wcw.

Alvarez had an amazing moment:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KQVzcS7s7hA

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice

God he sounds like such a kid in that video.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

NotQuiteQuentin posted:

God he sounds like such a kid in that video.

he really hasn't grown up much since then either

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
Another idiot TNA fan

And a sensible reply gets downplayed

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

This guy is something else

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

Daniel Bryan posted:

This guy is something else

This has to be Dixie right. It HAS to be.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

holy cow

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

You can't reach those conclusions unless you are legitimately retarded.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

We're through the looking glass people :tinfoil:

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

:psyduck: my god :psyduck:

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 13 days!
"Is it possible that NASA will shock the wrestling world by announcing they will have IMPACT WRESTLING matches taking place on the MOON, which has unparalleled key demo reach due to being in the sky at night?"

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Sydney Bottocks posted:

"Is it possible that NASA will shock the wrestling world by announcing they will have IMPACT WRESTLING matches taking place on the MOON, which has unparalleled key demo reach due to being in the sky at night?"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LV8JwiKYtLg

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Oh, honey. No. "Hard decisions" is mediaspeak for damage control.

And yet the longer there's no news, the more he'll build himself up to think it's good news. He'll convince himself that HBO will be running Impact in an unopposed block with Game of Thrones, or that Dixie secured a deal with Comcast to beam Impact directly into people's skulls.

IN PRINT, btw. Therefore it is binding. It is law. It is legend.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

flashy_mcflash posted:

This is approaching (okay okay, it's blown clear past) religious hysteria.

This is my personal favorite out of the most recent bunch. Because Dixie has never announced "Big Announcements" to have it turned out to be the most trivial poo poo.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
The latest in "In Dixie We Trust"

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
I've seen Stardog's Youtube videos in the past and it made me feel bad laughing at him as it put a face on someone obviously he isn't right in the head:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T_wpxYdaejM

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
I wonder how many people have had their mental illness exposed to millions worldwide because of Youtube.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

Daniel Bryan posted:

This isn't some rinky dink operation like Spike Dixie is dealing with, these Destination America execs are real sharks.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

El Gallinero Gros posted:

I wonder how many people have had their mental illness exposed to millions worldwide because of Youtube.

The answer is everyone. If there's nothing else the internet has done, it has successfully exposed every human being on the planet as Really loving Weird.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

Daniel Bryan posted:

That first sentence is amazing, considering the mentality for years has been NO SPIKE, NO NOTHING.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Mootzer:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x67EoqNKHqo

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

sticklefifer posted:

Oh, honey. No. "Hard decisions" is mediaspeak for damage control.

And yet the longer there's no news, the more he'll build himself up to think it's good news. He'll convince himself that HBO will be running Impact in an unopposed block with Game of Thrones, or that Dixie secured a deal with Comcast to beam Impact directly into people's skulls.

IN PRINT, btw. Therefore it is binding. It is law. It is legend.

that's the real kicker. it's clear that any of these guys never seem to poke their heads outside tnamecca or tnasylum otherwise they'd understand stuff like that all these pr buzzwords are bullshit, people in high ranking corporate positions lie constantly (even in print!), and businesses die slow lovely deaths all the time.

but the line between wrestling logic and real world logic is clearly blurred on those sites....

WeaponX fucked around with this message at 21:57 on Nov 14, 2014

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

Daniel Bryan posted:

If the process is that complicated then Dixie is really hosed because she's never even experienced a job interview

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Background in PR.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

JoIn ThE ReBeLliOn

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

To be fair, TNA is the exact kind of garbage that would be on TLC these days.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
TLC has recently lost its most prominent freak-show, so...

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

skaboomizzy posted:

We just need Rob Terry!

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

TNA has "a plan" like the Cylons had "a plan". :awesomelon:

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch

skaboomizzy posted:

Honestly a mostly staged Honey Boo Boo style "broken people reality show" on TLC would be a thing that could legit save TNA. A well set up cheap reality show makes tons of cash and even if they ran Impact at 6 on a Friday it would probably be more popular than it is right now. Those TLC shows like "bear country meat delivery" or whatever make an ungodly amount of cash from marketing, I'm pretty sure at this point the Duck Dynasty people are millionaires just from T Shirt sales.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Impact, but as a reality show about Dixie's complete mismanagement of a wrestling company. I'd watch the hell out of that.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

A Jessy Sorenson reality show where he has to work different lovely jobs to pay off his medical bills.

birdlaw
Dec 25, 2006

A reality show where all of the TNA employees work at a Sunglasses Hut to pay the bills, only it isn't a reality show.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

A reality show where TNA talent work at lovely places like Walmart and discover they make more there (and on time!) than they ever did at TNA

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

A show that follows the TNA Knockouts called "Body Slams and Thank You, Ma'ams" where you see them wrestle in the night and work at a diner during the day and using their tips from that job to help TNA stay afloat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

sticklefifer posted:

Impact, but as a reality show about Dixie's complete mismanagement of a wrestling company. I'd watch the hell out of that.

Definitely. As long as I dont have to watch two hours of the actual wrestling, just the slow descent into indy house show hell, like a weekly Beyond The Mat.