Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Dj Meow Mix posted:

Maybe he's got a White Base esque family van, and is off looking for his rebellious son who ran off after a girl.

Nah, like Fellini, he knows real men ride scooters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Gyanko's team mates are literally yes women. They'll do whatever it takes to please Gyanko.

She doesn't seem the type to ditch her friends at the drop of a hat, so there would have to be some contrived reason for Team Anti-Try to form, which I really hope it does.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

chumbler posted:

She doesn't seem the type to ditch her friends at the drop of a hat, so there would have to be some contrived reason for Team Anti-Try to form, which I really hope it does.

"Hey I bet Sekai would be totally impressed and want to hang out with you if you beat him and you could if you join my team!"
"Done."

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」
At this point both Yuuma and Sekai still aren't doing Gunpla battling for the same reason as Fumina. She does it because its fun and challenging. Sekai does it because it's a surrogate place where he can practice his martial arts and fight stronger people and Yuuma is doing it because of a obligation of a promise and to recover something he's lost (which I'm hoping was his love of gunpla battling). Sekai is S2 Reiji in that they were both originally in it for the fight and Yuuma is S2 Sei in that he's overtly cautious because he doesn't want to get his gunpla damaged.

I'm hoping we'll get an episode where Winning Gundam gets shot down first forcing Yuuma and Sekai to realize that they've been so focused on their own personal reasons and that they've been relying on Funima to cover their asses. Thus forcing Sekai to start to think about more things besides overpowering the enemy and Yuuma to not be too worried about getting his gunpla damaged.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
When is Yuuma going to create a gunpla launcher and shoot Sekai's burning soul.

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Build Burning gets wrecked, Yuuma offers to rebuild it, all four of its limbs are replaced by sniper rifles.

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises
Build Burning gets destroyed, Sei comes back and gets really mad over someone using his secret Gunpla and then destroying it, forces Sekai to make a new Gunpla for the tournament.

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
it's amazing how everyone other than the main characters is consistently more interesting than finishing every fight by punching really hard

e: is there any reason for fumina to not just permanently attach the upgrades to Yuuma and Sei and go back to Powered GM? Maybe it makes it more fair for the other team to have a chance at shooting down the "punch harder" and "shoot harder" parts

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

muike posted:

it's amazing how everyone other than the main characters is consistently more interesting than finishing every fight by punching really hard

e: is there any reason for fumina to not just permanently attach the upgrades to Yuuma and Sei and go back to Powered GM? Maybe it makes it more fair for the other team to have a chance at shooting down the "punch harder" and "shoot harder" parts

The science team are the favorites to win the tournament because they are able to analyze and immediately counter any possible strategy, except for the strategy of getting punched.

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
They had at least 26 plans and none of them counted on the punching guy punching really well

Mecha Gojira
Jun 23, 2006

Jack Nissan
Grr, why does Kung Fu guy use Kung Fu to finish off his enemies every episode?

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
I'm just salty that the show can't rely on stock footage and get really cool animations a la gaogaigar or the stock footage for Domon's finishers, making them really flat and lackluster

If the winning knuckle had stock footage like the interior of the drill gaos I'd never be unentertained again.

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Finishing the game with everyone else's continues

muike posted:

They had at least 26 plans and none of them counted on the punching guy punching really well

Plans 1 through 25 are just "Win the battlefield" scribbled on a napkin.

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
I knew we should've got the guy from material science to make anti-fist barriers

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

While we're asking for things that won't happen, St. Odessa needs to get upgraded to St. OZ so that we can get some sweet OZ uniforms in this show. Also it should be run by Treize, who inspires Fumina to upgrade the Winning gundam to the Losing gundam.

Come on, Sunrise, it's too perfect to not do.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

muike posted:

I'm just salty that the show can't rely on stock footage and get really cool animations a la gaogaigar or the stock footage for Domon's finishers, making them really flat and lackluster

If the winning knuckle had stock footage like the interior of the drill gaos I'd never be unentertained again.

I, too, would be down for a 90s anime take on Build Fighters. Stock footage is cool when you make it powerful enough and that would really free up a little space for the animators, since boy do they need it.

Srice fucked around with this message at 23:56 on Nov 14, 2014

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

muike posted:

I knew we should've got the guy from material science to make anti-fist barriers

They'd probably have designed one for a normal sized gunpla fist and been unable to handle a giant novelty gunpla fist.

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
The latest victim of team try-fighters picks up the remains of their battered models, one cratered across the torso with the shape of a novelty foam finger and the phrase "karate ichiban" embossed in the cracked enamel

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

It's heartbreaking. They were doing so well until team try-fighters actually started fighting back.

Syenite
Jun 21, 2011
Grimey Drawer
I really want some team to field a Devil Gundam.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn

Srice posted:

I, too, would be down for a 90s anime take on Build Fighters. Stock footage is cool when you make it powerful enough and that would really free up a little space for the animators, since boy do they need it.

I have basically the opposite opinion of this since in my books it's better that they animate it differently every time rather than rely on stock footage.

Though looking around, I am apparently in the minority on this.

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
Stock footage is usually pretty bad unless it's something like docking sequences or combining, which means the quality can be upped on the animation, which is something this show really needs.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

BlitzBlast posted:

I have basically the opposite opinion of this since in my books it's better that they animate it differently every time rather than rely on stock footage.

I'd see it as more of a convenience. The animation has been quite iffy compared to season 1, so I view stock footage as a good thing that could clear up resources; I'd rather see a cool scene get reused instead of seeing the same scene drawn differently each time but without looking as nice.

Especially since attaching the upgrades is something we'll be seeing a lot of, I suspect.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Shukaro posted:

I really want some team to field a Devil Gundam.

Aila iced one with a Jegan. The Build Burning would just have to give it a mean look.

And this show has already given us the best possible Bright Slap reference. Remember Nils's hypnotherapy session?

nuru
Oct 10, 2012

I forgot about how goofy the Fellini portion of the battle royal was. Here's hoping we get something similar in Try.

nuru fucked around with this message at 01:52 on Nov 15, 2014

Irisize
Sep 30, 2014

BlitzBlast posted:

Not too hot on stock footage here either, even if it doesn't look as good as the one time they put all the money into it.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

If they're going to add stock footage, they should at least do it by having a Heavy Arms on one team and having it only ever appear in the fight in one of two ways: 1) firing to the side and then slightly up and to the front, and 2) firing gatling gun and then opening chest and legs to fire missiles.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Pretty sure Heavy Arms had at least one more stock footage. Running out of ammo and ditching the Gatling Shield to pull out its switch blade! :ese:

DigitalRaven
Oct 9, 2012

nuru posted:

I forgot about how goofy the Fellini portion of the battle royal was. Here's hoping we get something similar in Try.

Try really needs a Fellini in general, though. Someone who goes out on the pull by giving woman gunpla is automatically more enjoyable than any of the supporting cast we have so far (except Gyanko).

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

TheLastRoboKy posted:

They'd probably have designed one for a normal sized gunpla fist and been unable to handle a giant novelty gunpla fist.

That's totally what the Ez8's shock-shield was. They had it ready for Build Burning, but not Hulk Hands Burning.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vFTKb3qPkYU

'Cerulean' in 8-Bit format.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Man that just makes me hate (even more) that random beeeep that happens at the start of the song. Its dumb as gently caress.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
Hey, just a heads up for anyone who's actually considering picking up the HGBF Lightning Gundam kit - it does not include the parts necessary to transform it into its flight mode. So if you want to do that, you have to purchase the Lightning Back Weapon System kit, too.

LeadSled
Jan 7, 2008

Welp, Guess that's what the amphibious-MS squad get for not bringing a Hygogg. That would have worked fine in the arctic

DigitalRaven
Oct 9, 2012

New episode is up: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CcKVv-4WJG8

Once again demonstrating that the way to have fights that have substance is 1-on-1 rather than 3-on-3. But it was a good fight, so I don't mind as much.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
I missed the previous series's smooth integration of silliness and seriousness this episode, but it was still hard not to love seeing the glorious anticlimax that was Team Free, Build Burning getting its first proper beatdown from a loving Destiny snap-build, and the Neo Zeong in its natural state. Definitely hyped for the inevitable Team Psycho Fighters whenever they finally decide to get together.

On that note, dealing with the much-hyped Team G-Master by having Gyanko go all David-versus-Goliath on them? Sold.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

I'm not exactly thrilled about Hoshino and Yuuma getting beaten by shameful ring-out tactics, but that was a good fight after that point.

I'm wondering if the Build Burning is going to have trouble in the next fight. It was pretty beat up!

Daler Mehndi
Apr 10, 2005

Tunak Tunak Tun!

Green Intern posted:

I'm not exactly thrilled about Hoshino and Yuuma getting beaten by shameful ring-out tactics, but that was a good fight after that point.

They lacked the resolve to crush a bed-ridden child's dream. :colbert:

linall
Feb 1, 2007

Daler Mehndi posted:

They lacked the resolve to crush a bed-ridden child's dream. :colbert:

Those fools.

Team Free went out in the best way at least. Thanks for that show.

e: vvv - Truely, the gods couldn't battle in a more poetic fashion.

linall fucked around with this message at 13:48 on Nov 19, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

linall posted:

Team Free went out in the best way at least. Thanks for that show.

Self-destructing the moment they couldn't get into the water. :allears:

• Locked thread