Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May
I wonder* if this will get as much play as the alleged (and false) threats of violence from black people

*no, I don't really wonder that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Apthous
Nov 2, 2014

by XyloJW

Stultus Maximus posted:

I wonder* if this will get as much play as the alleged (and false) threats of violence from black people

*no, I don't really wonder that.

"our police officers"

Good idea KKK that was a really smart line A+.

bassguitarhero
Feb 29, 2008

Apthous posted:

"our police officers"

Good idea KKK that was a really smart line A+.

That's intentional.

FourLeaf
Dec 2, 2011
KKK guy implies cops and KKK have been colluding:

quote:

But Ancona stumbled after telling Hayes that he has had off-the-record conversations with police regarding the ongoing tension in the region.

“A lot of them are very frustrated with how the governor has sided with the criminals in a lot of instances,” Ancona said.

“Wait a second,” Hayes said, interjecting. “You have law enforcement talking to you off the record, confiding in you as a Grand Wizard of the KKK? You’re telling me that you have local law enforcement talking to you, personally, off the record?”

“I’m telling you, I have friends who know people in law enforcement,” Ancona replied, backtracking. “Let’s just put it that way.”

I'm pretty sure he's lying to make the KKK seem more threatening than the pale shadow of its former self it's been reduced to, but still. This poo poo bothers me.

The Warszawa
Jun 6, 2005

Look at me. Look at me.

I am the captain now.

Nonsense posted:

There is apparently a legal fund that was set up to help that lawyers group, the one with the hats, that will be utilized to help everybody who ends up arrested during the civil disobedience that is being practiced for when they announce the decision.

I believe this is the National Lawyers' Guild.

Apthous
Nov 2, 2014

by XyloJW

bassguitarhero posted:

That's intentional.

Intentional or not it is still stupid. The number one rule of corruption is that you don't admit to being corrupt.

bassguitarhero
Feb 29, 2008

Apthous posted:

Intentional or not it is still stupid. The number one rule of corruption is that you don't admit to being corrupt.

It's not the cops admitting to being KKK members, it's the KKK saying that cops are members. The idea is to convince black protestors that the cops who'll be antagonizing them during demonstrations are secretly KKK members (not that that'll take much convincing) in hopes that the protestors will overreact and justify any police brutality that happens. And of course to further the national narrative that blacks are mindless animals.

There is a large KKK contingent in Missouri, as well. They were in Ferguson as soon as the protests started, and considering one officer was recently removed for being at an Oathkeepers meeting talking about how he's killing for Jesus, I wouldn't be at all surprised to see the Klan working behind the scenes to try to make this whole thing blow up. The narrative is already in place that the protestors are rioting animals - if the KKK & the cops can get the protestors to react just once, that's all they need.

Apthous
Nov 2, 2014

by XyloJW

bassguitarhero posted:

I wouldn't be at all surprised to see the Klan working behind the scenes to try to make this whole thing blow up.

Racists are collectively the dumbest laziest people in existence. They aren't working on doing anything but drinking beer and watching NASCAR. That is the beauty of the Obama administration, it will be a good 20 more years until the racists finally realize that we elected a black guy as president, but by then the dirt will have long been done.

bassguitarhero
Feb 29, 2008

There were direct reports from protestors that Klan members were driving around trucks with burning crosses in the bed the day after Mike Brown was killed (maybe that night). When you take these kinds of concentrated efforts and team them up with the national media (like the NPRs report about small businesses preparing for riots) it all works to create a very direct narrative that furthers both the KKK's position and the ability of police to assault and kill black people with impunity.

Apthous
Nov 2, 2014

by XyloJW

bassguitarhero posted:

There were direct reports from protestors that Klan members were driving around trucks with burning crosses in the bed the day after Mike Brown was killed (maybe that night). When you take these kinds of concentrated efforts and team them up with the national media (like the NPRs report about small businesses preparing for riots) it all works to create a very direct narrative that furthers both the KKK's position and the ability of police to assault and kill black people with impunity.

Racists are still stupid and lazy, they might occasionally make half assed attempts at doing things but they ultimately become victims of their own laziness and dumbassery. The very basis of racism is wanting free poo poo because you are a particular race, that itself fundamentally goes against the concept of hard work. Hitler was asleep during D-Day, remember that at all times.

bassguitarhero
Feb 29, 2008

Racists are stupid and lazy and still very good at killing black people and convincing the rest of the country that it was their fault for being black, so your hand-waving away of the KKK's intentions means next-to-nothing to me.

A Shitty Reporter
Oct 29, 2012
Dinosaur Gum
Everything he posts is hot air, almost as if it were being heated by something being burned...

Apthous
Nov 2, 2014

by XyloJW

bassguitarhero posted:

Racists are stupid and lazy and still very good at killing black people and convincing the rest of the country that it was their fault for being black, so your hand-waving away of the KKK's intentions means next-to-nothing to me.

The US has a black president, a black supreme court justice, a black attorney general, and many many other highly successful people of color. One would say that the KKK is not doing a very good job of being racist. If their job is to terrorize random black people in the 1840s, then mission accomplished. But in this race war thing they seem to be losing some major battles.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Apthous posted:

The US has a black president, a black supreme court justice, a black attorney general, and many many other highly successful people of color. One would say that the KKK is not doing a very good job of being racist. If their job is to terrorize random black people in the 1840s, then mission accomplished. But in this race war thing they seem to be losing some major battles.

Did you really just pull this one

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Obama and Clarence Thomas existing sure makes the average black person safer from violent racists and their attempts to vilify them.

bassguitarhero
Feb 29, 2008

An Angry Bug posted:

Everything he posts is hot air, almost as if it were being heated by something being burned...

I'll give trolls an opportunity when they're staying on topic but Apthous is very quickly moving into "trolling for trolling's sake" territory, I agree.

amanasleep
May 21, 2008

Apthous posted:

The US has all white presidents except one, all white supreme court justices except three, all white attorneys general except one, and many many other highly successful white people. One would say that the KKK is doing a very good job of being racist. If their job is to terrorize random black people, then mission accomplished.

Here, FTFY.

Yuzenn
Mar 31, 2011

Be weary when you see oppression disguised as progression

The Spirit told me to use discernment and a Smith n Wesson at my discretion

Practice heavy self reflection, avoid self deception
If you lost, get re-direction

amanasleep posted:

Here, FTFY.

99 Problems but Racism Isn't one?

twodot
Aug 7, 2005

You are objectively correct that this person is dumb and has said dumb things

amanasleep posted:

Here, FTFY.
Not that this matters, but technically you are forgetting the AGAG, which is completely appropriate.

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
I'm really not sure if he is serious or trolling, especially with poo poo like this:

Apthous posted:

Europe and North America are the only places in the world that have proven the ability to project peace and stability across the globe. Everyone else are literally mud people that are basically locked in endless cycles of civil war and unrest.

A real gem. Manufacturing and distributing the weapons is 'projecting peace and stability'

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

McDowell posted:

I'm really not sure if he is serious or trolling, especially with poo poo like this:

I did not see that.

Welp.

amanasleep
May 21, 2008

twodot posted:

Not that this matters, but technically you are forgetting the AGAG, which is completely appropriate.

It's true, both Amalekite Kings were black.

A Shitty Reporter
Oct 29, 2012
Dinosaur Gum
Gee. Now that it's been shown he's trolling, if only there were a way to get him to leave. Someone in charge of moderating the discussion, so to speak.

bassguitarhero
Feb 29, 2008

An Angry Bug posted:

Gee. Now that it's been shown he's trolling, if only there were a way to get him to leave. Someone in charge of moderating the discussion, so to speak.

click this link: http://forums.somethingawful.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=212572

click "add user to ignore list"

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

An Angry Bug posted:

Look at his rap sheet. He's incorrigible.

FourLeaf
Dec 2, 2011

An Angry Bug posted:

Yeah seriously. What the hell is going on here?

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

I've never found that to work because it only hides their posts, not anyone talking to/about him or quoting him. So he'll still be loving up the discussion, you just won't see the text in its original source with your own eyes.

It's like trying to remove someone from a conversation by making him invisible and silent, but only to yourself. It doesn't do anything to actually stop him.

Vaginapocalypse
Mar 15, 2013

:qq: B-but it's so hard being white! Waaaaaagh! :qq:
The mods on SA are stupid, useless shitheads, big surprise.

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

Bans don't happen anymore, even for untagged [img]goatse[/img] in sticky threads.

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

McDowell posted:

A real gem. Manufacturing and distributing the weapons is 'projecting peace and stability'

He's been around less than a month and people in every thread i've seen him in automatically dismiss him. I'm not sure how it's taken you this long to be honest.

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]

FourLeaf posted:

Yeah seriously. What the hell is going on here?

Thunderdome!! :madmax:

Ditocoaf
Jun 1, 2011

SA's long-term game plan is to eliminate all seriousposting. Leaving this forum unmoderated will allow it to become a deletion-worthy shithole.

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
ROME DID NOT HAVE ROBOTS, FUCKWIT

Ditocoaf posted:

SA's long-term game plan is to eliminate all seriousposting. Leaving this forum unmoderated will allow it to become a deletion-worthy shithole.
Become?

Lazy_Liberal
Sep 17, 2005

These stones are :sparkles: precious :sparkles:
Are there any other threads on the forums dedicated to talking about racist police violence besides this one, the prison thread, and some lovely tumblr mock threads? If there's a better (modded) subforum for discussing news and events, lemme know.

FourLeaf
Dec 2, 2011

Ditocoaf posted:

So basically make the whole site GBS?

Rent-A-Cop
Oct 15, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Lazy_Liberal posted:

Are there any other threads on the forums dedicated to talking about racist police violence besides this one, the prison thread, and some lovely tumblr mock threads? If there's a better (modded) subforum for discussing news and events, lemme know.
The Police Reform/CotB/ACAB thread is always good for a horribly depressing time.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Rent-A-Cop posted:

The Police Reform/CotB/ACAB thread is always good for a horribly depressing time.

Or go into Ask A Copgoon and see horrifying stuff straight from the mouthfingers of the boys in blue.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008
This article seems to do a pretty good job of outlining in what ways this is different from a normal grand jury http://www.nytimes.com/2014/11/15/us/ferguson-shooting-michael-brown-grand-jury.html

One interesting thing to note is at the end:

quote:

The prosecutor, seeking to allay such fears, has arranged for the proceedings to be recorded, “just to be open,” said Mr. Magee, the spokesman. If the grand jury does not vote for an indictment, the prosecutor will ask the court to authorize the public release of transcripts and recordings, without witness names, Mr. Magee said.

I think this part is a good idea, at least.

bassguitarhero
Feb 29, 2008

http://thefreethoughtproject.com/shock-video-darren-wilson-violates-1st-amendment-ill-lock-rear end-up-arrests-man-filming/

Some kinda video of darren Wilson arresting a guy for filming him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil_Greven
Feb 20, 2007

Whadda I got to,
whadda I got to do
to wake ya up?

To shake ya up,
to break the structure up!?

Well, this likely answers the position of the gun - on Wilson's right side.

Also, for those of you who somehow still don't understand this (of which there are several in this thread), do you see that SUV behind him? That's the vehicle Wilson was driving - not a loving Crown Vic.

So according to Wilson's account, Brown somehow flung himself into the window of an SUV, reaching for Wilson's gun - which was on the opposite side of his body.

Uh-huh.

• Locked thread