Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DONKEY SALAMI
Jun 28, 2008

donkey? donkey?

Chef Boyardee posted:

next time around we won't make it so big. we made like 3x what we asked for so the game got 10x as big. the game can never be 100% what we wanted, but it's a lot closer to it than if we'd only made what we asked for.

also, i think it might be cool if we made an expansion or something after we're done. i don't know if we'll actually do it or not, but there's stuff that probably won't make it into the game, like the class system and some areas, that i'd like to return to. but i guess that depends on a lot of things.

Now you can go for that Washington birthday holiday release

Requesting a Barkley in Washington wig playable head as part of release

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot
I suppose it is a good time for a brief summary on whats the haps.

Putting in some finishing touches to Character Creation, but I can't actually finish it until some dumbo figures out the overall balance in the game so we can tie proper numbers to all the poo poo in CC. What a load of bullpuck.

Other than that, just going around fixing and improving whatever stupid poo poo I've made. Like DwarfNET and some horrible quests that are like humour vacuums. No fun allowed.

Not sure what other people are doing, sleeping schedules don't really match all that well. I think they are building up some grandiose quests that you will have to spend hours on to complete.

I saw Frankie finished up some sewer enemies earlier this week in one of his streams.

Would like to show some CC stuff but I'm pretty sure that is strictly verboten. Maybe sometime in the future.

Pelican Dunderhead
Jun 16, 2010

Ah! Hello Ershin!
Pillbug
I've been curious about the gun's, are they meant to be utterly disposable once they run out of bullets? I was watching a ToG stream while a swamp map was being worked on and from what I inferred was that there weren't any ammo drops, just randomized gun's. Is this a correct assumption or will barkley 2 be more for packratting a weapon from each type until you find a better replacement?

Under the vegetable
Nov 2, 2004

by Smythe
I really want to play this game.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

I have been threatened with violence by a viewer of Frankie's stream, and I am deeply traumatized. I am consequently suing TOG for every ruble they have.

Cicero
Dec 17, 2003

Jumpjet, melta, jumpjet. Repeat for ten minutes or until victory is assured.
Did ToG ever say what the party members actually do? Maybe I'm retarded but seems like we've seen them on the party status screen but never in gameplay.

If they actually participate in fights, local co-op please so my toddler can jam with me, I would love you forever for this (if it's too late for this game then in the expansion).

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot

Pelican Dunderhead posted:

I've been curious about the gun's, are they meant to be utterly disposable once they run out of bullets? I was watching a ToG stream while a swamp map was being worked on and from what I inferred was that there weren't any ammo drops, just randomized gun's. Is this a correct assumption or will barkley 2 be more for packratting a weapon from each type until you find a better replacement?

Don't really dabble in the combat stuff of B2 at all, so take this with nothing but salt, but as far as I know, most gun'ii you get from low level enemies aren't worth much unless they have some specific property that you lust after. You just empty them on enemies to save up the ammo in your real gun'ii. If there is some affix you want on a gun's you picked up you can use it in gun'sfusing. How all that works I have no idea. You can fill up your gun'ii at these Dark Souls bonfire ripoffs, unless they changed that. There are probably some other ways too, but it is entirely possible to get fudged in the game by running out of bullet's for your gun'ii. At least for now. There might be some sort of weak melee or a photosynthesis pistol or some poo poo like that which never runs out of ammo.

I've run short on ammo occasionally when venturing unprepared into the swamps for example. With that said, I think that was more because I only had the starting gun'ii on me, and they don't do any meaningful damage, so you are going to have to spend a whole lot of bullets just to bring down a group of low level enemies. With crocs and such there is no point in even trying, you are just gonna get fudged up. If you have some gun'sfused assault rifle you can mow down those same enemies with a fraction of the bullets.

The combat balance is definitely still up in the air for the most part.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Gortarius posted:

The combat balance is definitely still up in the air for the most part.

Aerial combat CONFIRMED

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot

Midjack posted:

Aerial combat CONFIRMED

There will be Tekken level juggling.

swimming anime
Jan 4, 2006

Barkley 2 - Dark Soul's

HMS Boromir
Jul 16, 2011

by Lowtax

Gortarius posted:

There will be Tekken level juggling.

will there be grappling moves. will there be cancels. will there be option selects

Do The Evolution
Aug 5, 2013

but why
I can't play this game unless there are wall carry combos and binds. Also Devil Jin

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I DEMAND A PLAYABLE GODDAMNED BEAR

Doom Goon
Sep 18, 2008

Did you know in Japan this game is known as Barkley Densetsu: Dunky Dunky Panic? It's true, I learned it when they went to Space World earlier this year.

Chocobo
Oct 15, 2012

Here comes a new challenger!
Oven Wrangler
Barkley 2: Queklain no Vengeant

http://indiemegabooth.com/project/barkley-2-queklain-no-vengeant/

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot
Frankie is back to his old tricks again:

http://www.twitch.tv/frankiepixelshow

It's a hoot, man.

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
Excuse me but what are the romance options in the game aside from CyberDwarf?

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Chas McGill posted:

I don't understand this question. Is there a point to any other romance options?

owl milk
Jun 28, 2011
p lame page 69 imo

who do you think will be the first character to be rule 34'd and why? is there any specific pairing or fetish that you would like to see? is there a cyberdwarf red light district in the game, and if not, why?

Chef Boyardee
Oct 25, 2007

freindly
cyberdwarf for sure. we talk about it regularly fyi.

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

Chas McGill posted:

Cyberdwarf would never betray Latta. :colbert:

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Roobanguy posted:

Cyberdwarf would never betray Latta. :colbert:

Hey, for all we know, the main character secretly IS Latta.

FrankieSmileShow
Jun 1, 2011

wuzzathang
Streamin some character creation assets, and later gonna draw a new enemy! http://www.twitch.tv/frankiepixelshow

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe

Haam posted:

p lame page 69 imo

who do you think will be the first character to be rule 34'd and why? is there any specific pairing or fetish that you would like to see? is there a cyberdwarf red light district in the game, and if not, why?

This post made me go check....and there appears to be no. Barkley, Shut Up and Jam: Gaiden rule 34. At least not on Paheal, which is where one usually goes for such things. I am legitimately shocked that this is the case, and more than a little disappointed.

Anyone know of any good Barkley rule 34?

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

Liquid Dinosaur posted:

This post made me go check....and there appears to be no. Barkley, Shut Up and Jam: Gaiden rule 34. At least not on Paheal, which is where one usually goes for such things. I am legitimately shocked that this is the case, and more than a little disappointed.

Anyone know of any good Barkley rule 34?

no

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

What shall we do with him? A permaban, perhaps? Probate him for a few years? Or...shall we employ a big red custom title? You, the goons of SA, shall decide his fate.

Chef Boyardee posted:

next time around we won't make it so big. we made like 3x what we asked for so the game got 10x as big. the game can never be 100% what we wanted, but it's a lot closer to it than if we'd only made what we asked for.

also, i think it might be cool if we made an expansion or something after we're done. i don't know if we'll actually do it or not, but there's stuff that probably won't make it into the game, like the class system and some areas, that i'd like to return to. but i guess that depends on a lot of things.

If money is one of those things then you KNOW that you (and quite possibly only you) would get away with doing a Kickstarter for an expansion to a Kickstarter game. Hell, I'd give you moneydollarcreds easily.

Also, Barkley 3 being smaller than Barkley 2 would actually work, as long as it's awesome and still bigger than Barkley 1. The trilogy (if you only plan to make three) would be like a single work, with a strong beginning and a strong ending, with the extra-long Barkley 2 being the bulk of the work. As they say, start strong, finish strong.

BiggerJ fucked around with this message at 11:45 on Nov 14, 2014

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot
There will be DLC up the wazoo.

Cyberdwarf DLC, Cuchulainn DLC, Eric the Snail origin story DLC, New Tir na Nog DLC, Baby Huey DLC, Ancient Sewers DLC, Ruins of the Ancient Sewers DLC, Lord of the Ruins of the Ancient Sewers DLC, Return of the Lord of the Ruins of the Ancient Sewers DLC, Tower DLC, Two Towers DLC, Three Towers DLC, Four Towers DLC, Turbo Tunnel DLC, Ratlord DLC, Big Pharma DLC, Geppetto: Woodchipper no Densetsu DLC, Seven Seas DLC, DwarfNET: Meme within DLC, DwarfNET: Server maintenance DLC, Last man on Necron7 DLC, First man on Necron7 DLC, Zombie DLC, Slenderman DLC, Blenderman DLC, Tenderman DLC, 8-bit retro gameplay DLC, Retrowarrior DLC, 8-bit Rerto Nostalgia DLC, Retro Manchild DLC, Dwarfstarter crowdfunding DLC, Putin invades Necron7 DLC and last but not least Barkley 3 DLC.

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

Gortarius posted:

There will be DLC up the wazoo.

Cyberdwarf DLC, Cuchulainn DLC, Eric the Snail origin story DLC, New Tir na Nog DLC, Baby Huey DLC, Ancient Sewers DLC, Ruins of the Ancient Sewers DLC, Lord of the Ruins of the Ancient Sewers DLC, Return of the Lord of the Ruins of the Ancient Sewers DLC, Tower DLC, Two Towers DLC, Three Towers DLC, Four Towers DLC, Turbo Tunnel DLC, Ratlord DLC, Big Pharma DLC, Geppetto: Woodchipper no Densetsu DLC, Seven Seas DLC, DwarfNET: Meme within DLC, DwarfNET: Server maintenance DLC, Last man on Necron7 DLC, First man on Necron7 DLC, Zombie DLC, Slenderman DLC, Blenderman DLC, Tenderman DLC, 8-bit retro gameplay DLC, Retrowarrior DLC, 8-bit Rerto Nostalgia DLC, Retro Manchild DLC, Dwarfstarter crowdfunding DLC, Putin invades Necron7 DLC and last but not least Barkley 3 DLC.
I kind of want most of these to appear on the DLC listing for the game on Steam but never get released. Ever.

Normal Barbarian
Nov 24, 2006

No Zybourne Clock crossover DLC voted 0 demanding refund.

Oh wait Seven Seas nm refund un-demanded keep up the good work.

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer
Is this thread Barkley 2, are we all playing the game RIGHT NOW???

SurrealityCheck
Sep 15, 2012

100 HOGS AGREE posted:

Is this thread Barkley 2, are we all playing the game RIGHT NOW???

This thread is the only place on the internet that is not barkley 2. Everything else... is barkley. ALL IS BARKLEY?

Arzachel
May 12, 2012

Gortarius posted:

Baby Huey DLC

Preorder link?

Do The Evolution
Aug 5, 2013

but why
I would like a DLC that inserts Barkley as the main character of Barkley 2. Continuity be damned

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord
DLC that overlays a small window to DwarfNET into any steam game you're playing.

Lets! Get! Weird!
Aug 18, 2012

Black King Bazinga
I suggest adding a character names Barles Charkley to avoid any infringement.

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot
Theres wild rumours floating around the ToG neighbourhood about a really boring KS update coming soon.

Keep your eyes open for it................. if you can.

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

Gortarius posted:

Theres wild rumours floating around the ToG neighbourhood about a really boring KS update coming soon.

Keep your eyes open for it................. if you can.

I was extremely impressed with the live action BBall TactixXx video so you've set the bar pretty high.

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot
The KS update is there now.... judge it harshly.

HMS Boromir
Jul 16, 2011

by Lowtax
that was incredibly boring. very good. keep the technical nerd poo poo coming, i eat that stuff up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord Chumley
May 14, 2007

Embrace your destiny.

Gortarius posted:

The KS update is there now.... judge it harshly.

scamming us further by removing all the graphics