Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ghost Hand
Aug 10, 2004

Rampant 40k Fanboy

krushgroove posted:

Yeah! I'm in this again, you all should be too, so we can have more warhams hams goons in there.

Also I just pre-ordered Horus Heresy book 4 from Forgeworld... :negative:

You will like it - some new campaign type stuff - especially for smaller games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghost Hand
Aug 10, 2004

Rampant 40k Fanboy

Cataphract posted:

And with this cat done I now have over 3k points of painted orks

So, whilst I still have a whole bunch of additional ork models, I'm going to start building a new army; I'm finally going to paint my Minotaurs.

Man I love this model and you have done a great job painting it. Sorry about the loss of all your gryphonne sepia. Pictures of the stompa rarely do it justice though imho. In person the model is really great fun to look at.

Also - I am looking forward to seeing what you do with Minotaurs...

Ghost Hand fucked around with this message at 17:48 on Nov 14, 2014

Ghost Hand
Aug 10, 2004

Rampant 40k Fanboy
On another note - I have begun working on my Black Legion army. Thanks to The Talon of Horus by ADB and the release of IA13, my wallet has taken some punishment, but I offset it by selling my FW World Eaters army. I have a massive shipment from FW on the way in support of The Black Legion, and my efforts to complete my collection of Poster Boys armies.

edit: Right after the picture was taken I drilled out all the bolters so relax....

Only registered members can see post attachments!

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~
A pro tip with Chaos Space Marines is to use the heads from Chaos Warriors - both the modern and old school ones look awesome on CSM bodies.

Ghost Hand
Aug 10, 2004

Rampant 40k Fanboy

SRM posted:

A pro tip with Chaos Space Marines is to use the heads from Chaos Warriors - both the modern and old school ones look awesome on CSM bodies.

Good to know!

Frobbe
Jan 19, 2007

Calm Down

my first two completed squads in years! The Cerulean brotherhood rises...

Slimnoid
Sep 6, 2012

Does that mean I don't get the job?

Frobbe posted:

I like'em. As a suggestion though, some squad markings or insignia could really help make them stand out and pop a little more, make them distinct and such. Freehand if your hand is steady, or decals if you want something crisp and exact.

Somewhat related, but: is there any company that makes 28mm modern or futuristic-looking composite longbows? I've been thinking of making some sniper scouts and got the idea of having them with some Turok 2-style bows for count-as rifles, but I don't really want to go through the effort of scratch-building them.

Frobbe
Jan 19, 2007

Calm Down
yeah i was pondering doing the shoulder pad in a different colour thing per squad, in order to differentiate them, not like you use tactical marines that much :)

Next up will be an adeptus arbites enforcer squad and a deathwatch kill team.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.

Frobbe posted:

Whats the shirtless guy in the back with chest straps and a leotard ? Where do I buy that figure? Where do I buy gay robin hood figure thanks.

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

All I wanna do is make you bounce
Heroclix Hawkman figure. Gay Conan with wings, not gay Robin Hood.

Naramyth
Jan 22, 2009

Australia cares about cunts. Including this one.

Frobbe posted:

yeah i was pondering doing the shoulder pad in a different colour thing per squad, in order to differentiate them, not like you use tactical marines that much :)

Next up will be an adeptus arbites enforcer squad and a deathwatch kill team.

I painted squad markings on the bottom of the base of my 50 tacticals (and did a cutesy partially filled circle thing on the kneepad but you can't see it from tabletop hight), but when I repaint them they are getting backpack color coding.

spacegoat
Dec 23, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Nap Ghost
Stupid rules question. If I take a formation from the same faction as the rest of my army, and that formation has troops choices in it, do they benefit from the Objective Secured rules? I can't wrap my monkey brain around this detachment stuff.

Frobbe
Jan 19, 2007

Calm Down

PantsOptional posted:

Heroclix Hawkman figure. Gay Conan with wings, not gay Robin Hood.

Yeah, he's kinda relevant though, as i got him in a bunch of other heroclix hawkman models that i cruelly dewinged in order to make these beauties:

and the rest of my kroot mercs conversions can be found here: http://imgur.com/a/FKfV8 though they're very the project i do when nothing else catches my interest. I do need to get me some shapers though.

Lord Twisted
Apr 3, 2010

In the Emperor's name, let none survive.
Just played against an IA13 list in a quick 1k point game. God drat militia are cheap but nasty with the combat drugs - 4 attacks on the charge despite having no save was surprising.

I only won because of a lucky double rend :2sick: no scope headshot by my sniper scouts on Huron which broke the unit at a critical moment.

And their artillery... 20 point rapiers Wtf.

Cataphract
Sep 10, 2004

Fun Shoe

spacegoat posted:

Stupid rules question. If I take a formation from the same faction as the rest of my army, and that formation has troops choices in it, do they benefit from the Objective Secured rules? I can't wrap my monkey brain around this detachment stuff.

nope, only the troops in a combined arms detachment get objective secured. The models in a different type of formation or detachment receive different bonuses.

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler
How much of IA13 is dedicated to traitor guard? I don't have any chaos stuff at all but if there's a lot of traitor IG options I might pick it up.

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

ghetto wormhole posted:

How much of IA13 is dedicated to traitor guard? I don't have any chaos stuff at all but if there's a lot of traitor IG options I might pick it up.

Isn't that pretty much the army list? Lost and the Damned type poo poo?

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!
Yeah, there's a complete army list for Lost and the Damned. If you've been jonesing for that, then order it yesterday.

Milotic
Mar 4, 2009

9CL apologist
Slippery Tilde

Lord Thrust posted:

Soooooonic Dreeeeeaaaaadnaaaaaaaught! It's in IA13 and it's the bees knees for sonic weapons.

AbusePuppy posted:

If you have access to Imperial Armor 13, which as TONS of new toys for Chaos in it, take a gander there- the Sicaran is a great way to kill Serpents (no Jink saves against its main gun) and there's lots of other neat things as well.
Yeah but almost 200pts for AV12. I love sonic weapons as much as the next guy, but that is a LOT to ask for a thing that only fires one gun most turns.

Ta for the heads up. I'll have to pick up IA13 once I've finished my current backlog of figures to assemble and paint. Happily the chaps at Bexley Reapers are cool about substitutions and half-complete models. Which is good as my havocs didn't have heads last time since I'd spent depressingly long trying to get their weapons to stay on.

Naramyth
Jan 22, 2009

Australia cares about cunts. Including this one.

spacegoat posted:

No. Only troops taken in the Combined Arms Detachment, or a formation that specifically grants Obsec get Obsec.

ThNextGreenLantern
Feb 13, 2012
What's a good Psychic Discipline for a Furioso Librarian? I got one and it is just too cool not to run.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat

Lord Twisted posted:

Just played against an IA13 list in a quick 1k point game. God drat militia are cheap but nasty with the combat drugs - 4 attacks on the charge despite having no save was surprising.

I only won because of a lucky double rend :2sick: no scope headshot by my sniper scouts on Huron which broke the unit at a critical moment.

And their artillery... 20 point rapiers Wtf.

Wait... 20 points? For real? Does that include crew? How many crew can you get?

I ask because they cost about 40 in 30k, sans weapons. With weapons you look at 50-70 points. That already makes them one of the best options in the game since Thudd Guns are silly good and T7 confers over to the crew.

spacegoat
Dec 23, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Nap Ghost
Thanks for clearing that up. Makes sense.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.

Frobbe posted:

Yeah, he's kinda relevant though, as i got him in a bunch of other heroclix hawkman models that i cruelly dewinged in order to make these beauties:

and the rest of my kroot mercs conversions can be found here: http://imgur.com/a/FKfV8 though they're very the project i do when nothing else catches my interest. I do need to get me some shapers though.

Oh are Hero Clix 28mm? Or Heroic scale or whatever? Cause I wouldn't mind some substitutions for my Chaos army. Specifically Darkseid, do they make a big Darkseid model?

This is actually kind of cool, since that got me looking for 28mm Superhero figures.

http://www.oldglory25s.com/view_product.php?product=SF-VH3

I neeeeeed this, why does it have to be 61 dollars :(

http://www.oldglory25s.com/view_product.php?product=SF-VH1

Hollismason fucked around with this message at 00:23 on Nov 15, 2014

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer
The new Venomthropes/Zoanthropes are up on GW's site. The Venomthrope page includes a picture of the old model for some weird reason. :downs:

Aaaaaand Shield of Baal is already sold out. I had it in my loving cart too. :wtc:

BULBASAUR posted:

Wait... 20 points? For real? Does that include crew? How many crew can you get?

I ask because they cost about 40 in 30k, sans weapons. With weapons you look at 50-70 points. That already makes them one of the best options in the game since Thudd Guns are silly good and T7 confers over to the crew.
Yeah, Rapiers are 20 points while Quad Mortars are 30. I guess this is supposed to be compensated by the fact that they're crewed by cultists who are hilariously bad. They can upgrade to BS3 for 10 points though.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
I thought the Chaos Space Marine Rapiers came with Chaos Space Marines..

:catstare:

http://www.oldglory25s.com/view_product.php?product=ZOMP-04

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat

Safety Factor posted:

Yeah, Rapiers are 20 points while Quad Mortars are 30. I guess this is supposed to be compensated by the fact that they're crewed by cultists who are hilariously bad. They can upgrade to BS3 for 10 points though.

Holy poo poo that's stupid good, game braking so if they have sunder ammo like the 30k ones...

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Why do these websites all have photos that are literally smaller than the models they represent? Why even have a 300x300 jpg? It might as well not exist.

Hencoe
Sep 4, 2012

MY LIFE GOAL IS TO STICK A FLESHLIGHT INTO THE END OF A HOWITZER AND FUCK THE SHIT OUT OF IT

Safety Factor posted:

The new Venomthropes/Zoanthropes are up on GW's site. The Venomthrope page includes a picture of the old model for some weird reason. :downs:

Aaaaaand Shield of Baal is already sold out. I had it in my loving cart too. :wtc:

Please tell me those arnt the only copies they are going to sell, the hell did they do, only print 1000? This isn't the LE codex here.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Safety Factor posted:

New Venomthropes look good but I like the old one a little bit more. Might have to snag one from my FLGS

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler

Ignite Memories posted:

Why do these websites all have photos that are literally smaller than the models they represent? Why even have a 300x300 jpg? It might as well not exist.

gotta make it safe for 56k

AbusePuppy
Nov 1, 2012

BEST DAY OF MY LIFE!!!!!! so far.

NTRabbit posted:

Firestorm scatter lasers, 60" s6 ap6 heavy 6 skyfire interceptor twin linked on a bs3 hull

At least I think those are the most recent rules for it

Ah, that one; Eldar like to "borrow" names used elsewhere in the game, so...

I actually am not much of a fan of the Firestorm tank- it does get six shots, to be sure, but at only S6 it struggles to hurt a lot of flying targets. The fact that it is stuck with the old rules (BS3, super-expensive Holofields, etc) doesn't help any either, although you could likely convince your friends to let you get BS4 at least given how expensive the dang thing is.

ghetto wormhole posted:

It's... a pretty decent chunk of the book, actually. Forty-ish pages or so of entries and rules? It gives them access to most of the stuff "normal" IG gets, including a lot of the Forge World options- basically, everything except the Imperial Navy flyers and such. It's also got a lot of unique stuff of its own, though, which is quite cool.

ThNextGreenLantern posted:

What's a good Psychic Discipline for a Furioso Librarian? I got one and it is just too cool not to run.

I would go with the old standbyes of Telepathy or Divination; they both have some pretty handy stuff, depending on what you're looking for. Do yourself a favor and buy him a Drop Pod, though; with Wings of Sanguinous gone, he needs a way to get across the field.

Hollismason posted:

I thought the Chaos Space Marine Rapiers came with Chaos Space Marines.

The CSM Rapiers are manned by Chaos Marines, yeah, but the Renegades one are run by not-Guardsmen.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

BULBASAUR posted:

Holy poo poo that's stupid good, game braking so if they have sunder ammo like the 30k ones...

Nah, it's "only" four strength 5 blasts. The 30k ones have to be a typo, right? ...Right?

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat

Safety Factor posted:

Nah, it's "only" four strength 5 blasts. The 30k ones have to be a typo, right? ...Right?

It's hard to tell... they are silly good now, but they changed the text both on the landraider and rapier page to match the armory entry.... so, maybe it was intended?

Compare that massive buff to the command tank upgreydd nerf, which is an obvious copy paste typo from the stormblade page.

PeterWeller
Apr 21, 2003

I told you that story so I could tell you this one.

AbusePuppy posted:

Ah, that one; Eldar like to "borrow" names used elsewhere in the game, so...

Umm, I think you'll find that the Eldar tank came before the bunker. :colbert:

ThNextGreenLantern
Feb 13, 2012

AbusePuppy posted:

I would go with the old standbyes of Telepathy or Divination; they both have some pretty handy stuff, depending on what you're looking for. Do yourself a favor and buy him a Drop Pod, though; with Wings of Sanguinous gone, he needs a way to get across the field.

Telepathy is looking pretty fierce! I have a soft spot for Dreadnoughts, and one day I shall run a bunch of Dreadnoughts Drop Pod list. Sometimes you go to the grave, sometimes the grave comes to you.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
God drat it I glued the horizontal stabilizer to my stormraven on backwards and didn't realize it until a week later. loving poo poo.

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

Star Man posted:

God drat it I glued the horizontal stabilizer to my stormraven on backwards and didn't realize it until a week later. loving poo poo.

I did this with the tail on a Stormtalon and it looks way better.

Cataphract
Sep 10, 2004

Fun Shoe
What's a good loadout for a drop podding stern guard squad. How many meltas/combi-meltas?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
I think the standards, 2 melta, 3 Combimelta, drop pod.

People talking about Eldar tanks, I just got my rear end handed to me pretty soundly by the Eldar Hornets with what ever the poo poo that crazy 2 shot ST8 AP2 weapon. That was crazy.

Hollismason fucked around with this message at 02:24 on Nov 15, 2014

• Locked thread