Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Enderzero
Jun 19, 2001

The snowflake button makes it
cold cold cold
Set temperature makes it
hold hold hold

PuTTY riot posted:

thats cool

when i got my tv in like 09 or oh ten i had to turn off that soap opera thing

Now they do this aggravating thing where there is an option to turn off motion interpolation but it doesn't actually turn it off. You have to adjust like 3 other settings to get it to actually turn off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

crusader_complex
Jun 4, 2012
lets go full LF and ban black friday, its obscene imo

PuTTY riot
Nov 16, 2002

crusader_complex posted:

lemme look @ home depot circular and ill get back to u on that

Chum Scandal
Oct 30, 2003

SO DEMANDING posted:

pharmaceutical ads are just so loving awful in so many ways. they keep getting creepier and weirder in overall presentation and dialogue

"when my mild-to-severe $ailment was too much, i asked my doctor about $drug" fffffasfdasgadsg ugggghhh fffgfgfhhfgg

side effects may include a billion things worse than the original condition. also death. ASK YOUR DOCTOR TODAY

be ready when she is *an elderly couple laughs while tying off a pontoon boat*

- side effects may include a 4 hour steel hard meat dirigible

My Linux Rig
Mar 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!

crusader_complex posted:

myself I'm looking forward to cyber Monday

don't even have to get dressed :mrgw:

Elder Postsman
Aug 30, 2000

i used hot bot to search for "teens"

crusader_complex posted:

it's really fuckin terrible when stores open at like 3 am the day after thanksgiving and these workers can't even spend thanksgiving with their families. it's terrible.

costco owns tho for not doing that poo poo.

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

one store is opening at 5pm thursday night

My Linux Rig
Mar 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!

Elder Postsman posted:

it's really fuckin terrible when stores open at like 3 am the day after thanksgiving and these workers can't even spend thanksgiving with their families. it's terrible.

costco owns tho for not doing that poo poo.

well how the hell are they going to make their prices lower

maybe they could offer cookies if they can't on black Friday I dunno

Elder Postsman
Aug 30, 2000

qirex posted:

which one. i want to make sure i never go there.

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

Elder Postsman posted:

which one. i want to make sure i never go there.

it's apparently it's best buy which you should never go to anyway

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

qirex posted:

A friend of mine has to work at Macy's 6pm to midnight on Thursday then go back in the morning for black Friday :/

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

I don't want to be some smug "BUY NOTHING DAY" adbusters strawman but seriously stay home, sleep in, play yahtzee with gramma, boil a carcass into stock, watch a football [or a law & order marathon] and don't participate in this horror

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
browse amazon for some deals maybe, but don't leave your house.

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

in 2200 there will be no economy to speak of and thanksgiving will be long forgotten but people will still gather outside and stay up all night in folding chairs the last friday in november

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
a world without turkey day is a world without joy

Elder Postsman
Aug 30, 2000

Blue Train posted:

A friend of mine has to work at Macy's 6pm to midnight on Thursday then go back in the morning for black Friday :/

that's hosed up

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Blue Train posted:

this is fail

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Smythe posted:

this is fail
:agreed:

crusader_complex
Jun 4, 2012

Blue Train posted:

this is how hosed up weve watched 'normal' become

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

crusader_complex posted:

tbf it's also the best day(s) to steal poo poo from your employer

Chum Scandal
Oct 30, 2003

crusader_complex posted:

i like that walmart literally has a dedicated team that dropships into any store that is considering a vote to organize

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

crusader_complex posted:

Yep she's also part time so she might not even get time and a half; I should ask

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Chum Scandal posted:

i like that walmart literally has a dedicated team that dropships into any store that is considering a vote to organize

I worked for Walmart years ago and about 3/4 of the "training" was them talking about how unions pretend to benefit workers but really gently caress them over and how you'd get fired for attempting to unionize. Also they made you do a little dance and cheer of the Walmart name. I worked 30 hours a week, six days with five hour shifts, just enough to be part time and not qualify for benefits. A previous job i had doing the same thing but in a unionised store paid 7.75 to start, Walmart paid 5.25. gently caress Walmart

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Blue Train posted:

I worked for Walmart years ago and about 3/4 of the "training" was them talking about how unions pretend to benefit workers but really gently caress them over and how you'd get fired for attempting to unionize. Also they made you do a little dance and cheer of the Walmart name. I worked 30 hours a week, six days with five hour shifts, just enough to be part time and not qualify for benefits. A previous job i had doing the same thing but in a unionised store paid 7.75 to start, Walmart paid 5.25. gently caress Walmart
but

but

corrupt union bosses

PuTTY riot
Nov 16, 2002
walmart cokes are cheaper than kroger so gently caress it who cares

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

there's no such thing as a "smart tv" yet.

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome
I just turn off the motion interpolation

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

Blue Train posted:

no he doesn't. he doesn't have to do anything. he chooses to.

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

rotor posted:

careful u will excite the spergs

crusader_complex
Jun 4, 2012
he that allows the LF reserves the right to smash it/string it along as they see fit

Deacon of Delicious
Aug 20, 2007

I bet the twist ending is Dracula's dick-babies

rotor posted:

he doesn't have to do anything

die

...eventually

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

rotor posted:

I guess if you want to philosophize yes she chooses to but practically she is a teacher and therefore requires a second job to get by because lol american educational system

Chum Scandal
Oct 30, 2003

Blue Train posted:

I guess if you want to philosophize yes she chooses to but practically she is a teacher and therefore requires a second job to get by because lol american educational system

summers off and 6 hour work days! overpaid!

crusader_complex
Jun 4, 2012
my weaboo sushi waiter seems kinda depressed

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast

crusader_complex posted:

my weaboo sushi waiter seems kinda depressed

maybe he has been there a whole week and nobody has invited him to train to be a true ninja yet

pagancow
Jan 15, 2001

Video Stymie

rotor posted:

I just turn off the motion interpolation

It still comes on in a lot of 2013 Samsung sets even when you turn the Auto Motion Plus to OFF. The way to turn off almost all post processing is to rename the input PC. You'll magically see it conform to an sRGB gamma curve and denoising and sharpening gets turned off.

pagancow
Jan 15, 2001

Video Stymie

i just went to go get dinner because of a mobile ad to a place I normally like. Thanks internet advertising machine, I didn't want to make the decision tonight anyway.

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

pagancow posted:

It still comes on in a lot of 2013 Samsung

i'm gonna stop u right there

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

pagancow posted:

It still comes on in a lot of 2013 Samsung sets even when you turn the Auto Motion Plus to OFF. The way to turn off almost all post processing is to rename the input PC. You'll magically see it conform to an sRGB gamma curve and denoising and sharpening gets turned off.

this is fun because each input has to have this set manually. also each "app" in the smart tv section has its own setting as well.

any kind of firmware update will reset all of it to motion fuckup mode too.

• Locked thread