Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
I've been testing Windows 10 on my netbook, so I have Unity running on my desktop and a 12" screen companion app next to it on the desk. :getin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

seizure later
Apr 18, 2007

A Fancy 400 lbs posted:

I've been testing Windows 10 on my netbook, so I have Unity running on my desktop and a 12" screen companion app next to it on the desk. :getin:

And you didn't feel ridiculous at all when you typed this?

BattleSausage
Aug 14, 2003

I'm butter side up, baby.

Taco Defender

A Fancy 400 lbs posted:

Kill yourself nerd

With the patch in place my game has been running smoothly and I can co-op like a champ. I suck at the heists, but that's not the game's fault. I'm actually impressed that they brought in fixes this quickly, I would be willing to recommend this game for PC now.

BattleSausage fucked around with this message at 03:14 on Nov 15, 2014

Virginia Blend
Jan 5, 2010
Alright I admit I got a taste of the coop so I decided to say gently caress it a put up with this game.

Suddenly I can't play the game without ACU.exe crashing....ok..ok fine I'm really liking 1791 Paris and the story...I guess I can still play with no online features and the lovely FPS if I turn stuff down.

Now characters have no voice during cutscenes....just...NO GOD drat IT THIS IS NOT FINE.

WHAT THE FLYING MONKEY gently caress UBISOFT?!

Did they do any Q/A on this piece of poo poo? gently caress it I'm just gonna drink my weekend away and play GTAV on PS4 next week.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Is the iOS companion app expected to work? Note that this is not the same question as whether it's SUPPOSED to work.

also holy lol, there's a pay version that they presumably think someone will pay for.

Samurai Sanders fucked around with this message at 03:25 on Nov 15, 2014

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Samurai Sanders posted:

Is the iOS companion app expected to work? Note that this is not the same question as whether it's SUPPOSED to work.

also holy lol, there's a pay version that they presumably expect someone will pay for.

It works if you don't get the no Assassins bug.

You can get around it if you get the "Additional Assassin Slot Unlocked" notification. Clicking that will take you to the buy screen and let you buy some to start off.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Oh, okay, I think it has stopped crashing. So, this is basically a waiting for things game same as the thing for 4, with the addition of that glyph minigame?

Constant Hamprince
Oct 24, 2010

by exmarx
College Slice
Oh gently caress it I can't stop thinking about running around getting collectibles gently caress you Ubisoft.

I'm gonna buy this lovely game.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Samurai Sanders posted:

Oh, okay, I think it has stopped crashing. So, this is basically a waiting for things game same as the thing for 4, with the addition of that glyph minigame?

Yeah. Viewpoints unlock glyph puzzles unlock nomad missions unlock chests.

CharlieWhiskey
Aug 18, 2005

everything, all the time

this is the world

Jonad posted:

Oh gently caress it I can't stop thinking about running around getting collectibles gently caress you Ubisoft.

We're all gonna buy/play it inevitably. I'm just waiting for Ubi$oft to finish its paid public beta.

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”

Jonad posted:

some of them will be locked and require companion app poo poo and the gold ones will be blocked because Initiates isn't working so everyone is stuck at lvl 1 and there's no way to open any of them save the lvl 1 chest that gives you Edwards assassin armor

Hakarne
Jul 23, 2007
Vivo en el autobús!

So uh is the PC goon club full or bugged? I requested an invite as Malkarne a few days ago and it still says I'm not in.

Edit: Just got it, thanks!

Hakarne fucked around with this message at 04:04 on Nov 15, 2014

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Wow, even the uplay website isn't working right.

edit: is all this poo poo somehow going to spill over into FC4's online functions? Either way, this is embarrassing for them, drat.

Samurai Sanders fucked around with this message at 04:08 on Nov 15, 2014

Ironsolid
Mar 1, 2005

Fishing isn't an addiction, it's a way of life. Everything to gain while losing everything
Anyone on PS4 want to group and do Co-Op missions [the intended way]? I'm sick and tired of pubbies without mics who run in guns a blazin.

EvolutionIsAMyth

Orv
May 4, 2011
Accepted 10 PC club apps, if you sent one in in the last couple days and are still not in the club resend it, it probably broke.

BattleSausage
Aug 14, 2003

Taco Defender

Orv posted:

Accepted 10 PC club apps, if you sent one in in the last couple days and are still not in the club resend it, it probably broke.

I can't send one, it says you've received too many requests :(

Not to worry though! I made my own. [Pie] Buttsteak guild is ready to pick up the pieces. Applicants will be measured on the length of their hidden blade.

Orv
May 4, 2011

BattleSausage posted:

I can't send one, it says you've received too many requests :(

Not to worry though! I made my own. [Pie] Buttsteak guild is ready to pick up the pieces. Applicants will be measured on the length of their hidden blade.

That probably means it didn't actually accept yours and it's still floating somewhere in Uplay. I'll give it another look tomorrow.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The numbers on all the armor are written stupidly.

Like the coats with restricted area notice reduction or whatever it's called. They're all written in negative percentages, which looks like they mean they make the enemies notice you faster. This would be dumb as hell and useless though so I have to assume they mean it makes them take longer.

BattleSausage
Aug 14, 2003

Taco Defender

Orv posted:

That probably means it didn't actually accept yours and it's still floating somewhere in Uplay. I'll give it another look tomorrow.

I'll try again. Co-op is fun as hell in this game, I think they really got it right. Though it might be nice if there was a median ground between "slowly sneak through bushes" and "run in screaming and murder everyone"

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

BattleSausage posted:

I'll try again. Co-op is fun as hell in this game, I think they really got it right. Though it might be nice if there was a median ground between "slowly sneak through bushes" and "run in screaming and murder everyone"
Actually, half the team running in and causing a huge ruckus while the other half actually accomplishing the mission seems like a winning strategy to me.

sellouts
Apr 23, 2003

So the game is unplayable once you join a club. I mean drat.

Edit: turns out restarting the game fixed it. Game is mostly stable again. Weird.

sellouts fucked around with this message at 16:12 on Nov 15, 2014

Orv
May 4, 2011

sellouts posted:

Esplain Lucy.

Thinky Whale
Aug 2, 2012

All that most maddens and torments; all that stirs up the lees of things; all truth with malice in it; all that cracks the sinews and cakes the brain; all the subtle demonisms of life and thought; all evil were visibly personified, and made practically assailable in Fry.
How's the modern day story in Rogue? It's always been one of my favorite aspects of the series (yes, I know) and I was really disappointed with how it went nowhere in 4.

cptn_dr
Sep 7, 2011

Seven for beauty that blossoms and dies

All my menu screens look like this. :smith: Does anyone know anything I can do to fix that, or is it because my computer is lovely and I just wasted $100?

Edit:
More shots for context

cptn_dr fucked around with this message at 06:37 on Nov 15, 2014

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Thinky Whale posted:

How's the modern day story in Rogue? It's always been one of my favorite aspects of the series (yes, I know) and I was really disappointed with how it went nowhere in 4.

It is probably the worst in the franchise in that regard. It's really goofy and half-baked even by AC modern day stuff and doesn't really have much plot. The framing device is that the Assassins hack into a video game you (the player) are playing to recruit you. It sounds (but I haven't played it) like Rogue is a bit more in-depth about the modern day stuff.

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005

Samurai Sanders posted:

Wow, even the uplay website isn't working right.

edit: is all this poo poo somehow going to spill over into FC4's online functions? Either way, this is embarrassing for them, drat.

well, apparently they aren't sending out PC copies to get reviewed until after it's been released. After this assassins creed release, I wouldn't be surprised if there is some sort of serious issue with either SP or MP of FC4 on pc.
http://www.pcgamer.com/why-our-far-cry-4-review-is-delayed/

Ironsolid
Mar 1, 2005

Fishing isn't an addiction, it's a way of life. Everything to gain while losing everything
Someone was lagging in the co op game I was playing, so the last 5 minutes were spent frame lagging and ghosting around the game. Eventually I lagged INTO the window on a building roof.

INTO THE WINDOW

The gently caress?

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Matter of fact, I'm salty now.

cptn_dr posted:

All my menu screens look like this. :smith: Does anyone know anything I can do to fix that, or is it because my computer is lovely and I just wasted $100?

it's a feature

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

I'm just waiting for folks like Angry Joe and Markplier to review this lovely cash cow.

ixnay
Jun 11, 2002

rainbow dash why are you making such a cool face?!

Thinky Whale posted:

Rogue completely reuses all of the modern day stuff from AC4 and has you walking around the exact same office with the exact same tablet hacking (or "repairing" this time) the same computers. It's pretty much reading the same wink and nod emails written about abstergo stuff that are actually commenting on the AC series.

I've done a couple outside the animus segments and it just feels like more of the same as AC4.

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

Rogue is a direct copy of Black Flag's modern day stuff - they even reuse the same offices. They contrive different scenarios and the hacked materials are fun in a meta way, but its not exactly riveting.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
You'd think rifles would be balanced such that since you can shoot enemies with them, they are inferior melee weapons to swords and axes and stuff. But...they're not. Whacking enemies with them is just as effective as going after them with a halberd or whatever.

sellouts
Apr 23, 2003

sellouts posted:

I had really limited framerate issues on ps4. I was approved to join a club and they became terrible in all situations no matter where I was in the city.

Thinky Whale
Aug 2, 2012

All that most maddens and torments; all that stirs up the lees of things; all truth with malice in it; all that cracks the sinews and cakes the brain; all the subtle demonisms of life and thought; all evil were visibly personified, and made practically assailable in Fry.

Narcissus1916 posted:

Rogue is a direct copy of Black Flag's modern day stuff - they even reuse the same offices. They contrive different scenarios and the hacked materials are fun in a meta way, but its not exactly riveting.

drat, that's disappointing. 3's ending was such a big promise that poo poo was going to go down, I can't believe how little they've done with it.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
AC's developers sure love Shawn, and seem to be under the impression that no one would tolerate an AC game without him. AC's developers think a lot of strange things.

Thinky Whale posted:

drat, that's disappointing. 3's ending was such a big promise that poo poo was going to go down, I can't believe how little they've done with it.
Same as God of War and stuff, I guess they originally planned it as three games (plus spinoffs) and never once thought about what to do after the conclusion.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Samurai Sanders posted:

Same as God of War and stuff, I guess they originally planned it as three games (plus spinoffs) and never once thought about what to do after the conclusion.

They got to where they needed to start tackling the resolution / take Desmond into the present as a full-blown Future Assassin, and then were like... "Oh poo poo, that ends our story! Nah, let's just stop talking about that stuff and then we can do time-piece assassin games every year for the rest of forever."

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

God of War is a weird case of a developer actually wrapping up the story of their main character, and then tackily throwing in a stinger that absolves that action of all weight.

If you care at all about the stories of Adewale, Haytham, Achilles etc. Rogue is worth your time. Its kinda hilarious how much of the plot hinges on Achilles being a complete rear end in a top hat, but its definitely in line with what I remember from AC3.

Al Harrington
May 1, 2005

I used to be an adventurer like you, then I took an arrow in the eye
Unity hasn't explained who these clowns are all in red that constantly have a beef with me, I get that the all in blue guys are guards but who are these bastards? at least the war hammer is making short work of them and I'm not even an assassin yet

wjs5
Aug 22, 2009

BattleSausage posted:

Kill yourself nerd

With the patch in place my game has been running smoothly and I can co-op like a champ. I suck at the heists, but that's not the game's fault. I'm actually impressed that they brought in fixes this quickly, I would be willing to recommend this game for PC now.

gently caress you able to get the game to work online haver.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cptn_dr
Sep 7, 2011

Seven for beauty that blossoms and dies

Leo Showers posted:

it's a feature

:unsmith:

• Locked thread