Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
we play our rival for a Motherfucking Golden Hat so i dont really care about the other stupid loving schools we play

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

archangelwar posted:

Never really understood this given the level of smack talk the Rebels have directed at Miss State. I like smack talk, it is part of a healthy relationship with the game of football, but the weird rivalry denial is, well... weird.

There's lots of asymmetrical rivalries around. There's no rule that says Team A has to feel the same way about Team B as Team B does about Team A.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Deteriorata posted:

There's lots of asymmetrical rivalries around. There's no rule that says Team A has to feel the same way about Team B as Team B does about Team A.

gently caress Oklahoma.

Ben Has Tiny Weenus
Feb 17, 2007
MSU Will Not Be National Champions

So I really should learn to shut the hole under my nose.

Deteriorata posted:

That is true, but it is silly when Ole Miss fans try to claim LSU as their number one rival, when LSU just thinks they are silly in return. Freeze actually made a statement about it a week or two ago and said that older fans hate LSU while younger fans hate State, but it's still silly.

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

Ben Has Tiny Weenus posted:

That is true, but it is silly when Ole Miss fans try to claim LSU as their number one rival, when LSU just thinks they are silly in return. Freeze actually made a statement about it a week or two ago and said that older fans hate LSU while younger fans hate State, but it's still silly.

For some reason Illinois really hates Michigan, but we Michigan fans barely notice them. Michigan State fans consider Michigan their top rival, while Michigan fans care far more about beating Ohio State. It happens.

College football is silly in general.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Deteriorata posted:

For some reason Illinois really hates Michigan, but we Michigan fans barely notice them. Michigan State fans consider Michigan their top rival, while Michigan fans care far more about beating Ohio State. It happens.

College football is silly in general.

so you're saying Michigan fans are loving lame got it

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
I will demonstrate how much I don't care about Michigan State by posting about them constantly.

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

MourningView posted:

I will demonstrate how much I don't care about Michigan State by posting about them constantly.

You actually do post a whole lot more about Michigan State than I do.

NewsGunkie
Jul 23, 2007
Sometimes, there's a clog in the pipelines.
So ESPN unanimously picked TAMU over Mizzou. So that means we are going to go scoreless or obliterate them. There is no in between.

Oh Mizzou.

wheez the roux
Aug 2, 2004
THEY SHOULD'VE GIVEN IT TO LYNCH

Death to the Seahawks. Death to Seahawks posters.

Sash! posted:

I bet Leach wishes he could have used a Naval cat and flogging as punishment. Worked for the Royal Navy.

So did rum and sodomy. All three and you've basically got a Wazzu greek house.

Dankzilla
Dec 8, 2005

"hey Clay, how's Groy's ass lookin?"
gently caress michigan

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aEZTPakKNOg

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
That WVU kid died :(

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

I think Mizzou has to drop at least one SEC game for Georgia to win the east out right, and thru have to drop 2 more if we lose to Auburn with some other bullshit. What I am saying is go Aggie and gently caress tigers of all stripes

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

KKKLIP ART posted:

I think Mizzou has to drop at least one SEC game for Georgia to win the east out right, and thru have to drop 2 more if we lose to Auburn with some other bullshit. What I am saying is go Aggie and gently caress tigers of all stripes

There's no reason for you to worry unless Mizzou wins this week, which they won't. If that does happen somehow and you lose to Auburn go ahead and panic.

If both teams lose Florida gets to panic because they might win the East.

PostNouveau posted:

Well poo poo :(

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

PostNouveau posted:

Wait, what happened?

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Spiritus Nox posted:

Wait, what happened?

Sorry, I should have posted a link.

The fraternity pledge who was found unconscious at a party, which led to WVU suspending all frats and sororities, died of his injuries after a few days in the hospital.

Ben Has Tiny Weenus
Feb 17, 2007
MSU Will Not Be National Champions

So I really should learn to shut the hole under my nose.
I was president of my fraternity in undergrad and the worst we ever had was one case of alcohol poisoning because someone drank a bunch of liquor without mentioning their alcohol allergy.

It's not hard to create a safe environment where poo poo like that doesn't happen, and it's always sad when it does. The only frat deaths during my time were some KAs who died when they thought it was a cool idea to jump between pickup truck beds while going 70.

The most Mississippi of deaths.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

KKKLIP ART posted:

Well if you'd read my incredibly autistic write up on this very subject a couple pages back you'd know the answer to this.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

MindlessHavok posted:

Well if you'd read my incredibly autistic write up on this very subject a couple pages back you'd know the answer to this.

I need it in picture form.

Viper_3000
Apr 26, 2005

I could give a shit about all that.
FSU's Official Response to the NYTimes article

The whole thing is amusing but this last sentence of the next to last paragraph is gold.

quote:

Finally, there is no indication of any special treatment of the student-athletes by the officers involved.

Right, so when I crash into someone in Tallahassee at 2:30am and flee from the scene only to return 30 minutes later, I should expect to NOT get breathalyzed and expect a traffic ticket and NOT a criminal Hit and Run charge? Doubt it.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
I'm glad a school has finally dropped the pretense of there being anything else that loving matters except winning.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Michigan's talk about how little they care about MSU is really its own weird form of trash talk. Spartan fans have a notorious inferiority complex and the condescension from UM fuels their rage. I'm sure at this point that Michigan fans hate Sparty far more than they let on, but it bothers State fans so much that they keep up the facade.

Illinois-Michigan is just weird. But nobody hates Illinois so I guess they do what they can.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

KKKLIP ART posted:

I need it in picture form.

Missouri wins out:

Missouri loses one more game than Georgia the rest of the year and Florida doesn't win enough to force a tie:

If all three teams tie then it's probably whatever happens after this was taken

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006

Grittybeard posted:

If all three teams tie then it's probably whatever happens after this was taken

the gator already already ate the bulldog now we just need it to choke on the corpse

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

Henchman of Santa posted:

Michigan's talk about how little they care about MSU is really its own weird form of trash talk. Spartan fans have a notorious inferiority complex and the condescension from UM fuels their rage. I'm sure at this point that Michigan fans hate Sparty far more than they let on, but it bothers State fans so much that they keep up the facade.

Illinois-Michigan is just weird. But nobody hates Illinois so I guess they do what they can.

I my case it's not trash talk. I honestly like MSU and have a hard time working up any sort of hatred for them. It's much more friendly than OSU.

You're right in that Michigan fans do enjoy tweaking MSU's inferiority complex by feigning disdain for them. So many MSU fans seem so desperate for Michigan's approval that withholding it just to watch them twist is too much fun.

The relationship between the two schools is weird and always has been.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
One of them is a good school for cool dudes and the other gave the world Ted Kaczynski, that's all there really is to it.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

tomorrow we are all wildcats

siriuslysomething
Feb 5, 2013

He's so fast!

(and probably broken)
On the train to Southbend to most likely watch my wildcats lose by a bunch. Good news is us being terrible meant I got a ticket on the cheap from a fan who didn't want to make the trip anymore.

I maintain if we beat ND and get the hat I will be ok with this team even if last week's game literally drove me to black out.

Mr_Ruckus
Jul 8, 2008

No way Mississippi State can lose now:
http://mississippistate.247sports.com/Bolt/Snoop-Dogg-will-be-rooting-for-Mississippi-State-this-weekend-32916708

Also, any Ole Miss fan that says that Mississippi State isn't their true rival is delusional. They just say it to try to make it sound like State is a cupcake team to them, even though they lost the last 4 out of 5. It's another way of trying to talk smack, really.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

siriuslysomething posted:

On the train to Southbend to most likely watch my wildcats lose by a bunch. Is being terrible meant I got a ticket on the cheap though from a fan who didn't want to make the trip anymore.

I maintain if we beat ND and get the hat I will be ok with this team even if last weeks game literally drove me to black out.

You couldn't pay me to sit in the cold watching them get clobbered surrounded by a bunch of literal notre dame fans, so godspeed.

siriuslysomething
Feb 5, 2013

He's so fast!

(and probably broken)

R.D. Mangles posted:

You couldn't pay me to sit in the cold watching them get clobbered surrounded by a bunch of literal notre dame fans, so godspeed.

It's where I saw my first college football game and fell in love with the sport when I was a kid. Plus if we lose whatever I expect/am used to it. If we win my cousins are never going to hear the loving end of it. My college roommate's brother is also hosting me so further trash talk will be fun and free accommodations is always nice.

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

PostNouveau posted:

His last Tweet was a bit of an understatement:

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

I was president of my fraternity in undergrad and the worst we ever had was one case of alcohol poisoning because someone drank a bunch of liquor without mentioning their alcohol allergy.

It's not hard to create a safe environment where poo poo like that doesn't happen, and it's always sad when it does. The only frat deaths during my time were some KAs who died when they thought it was a cool idea to jump between pickup truck beds while going 70.

The most Mississippi of deaths.

My roommate was in ATO and I think every other year we were there they got put on a year-long probation for some alcohol-related incident, usually involving stairs and drunk girls.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Not that anyone really cares at this point, but there were several Nike reps on campus at UGA yesterday. It could mean nothing, it could mean black jerseys, it could mean that im the biggest gaylord for caring about this.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP
I really loved living in Tallahassee. There's actually a pretty cool art scene going on there. Also FSU gave us hundreds of thousands of dollars to run our own on campus indie venue.

The police there are the worst though. My friend got hit in a hit and run and the cops told him they couldn't do anything about it since he moved his car. So color me surprised they even tried to do anything.

Honestly the police there are all fsu homers. They moved to Tallahassee just so they could go to football games. They spend most of their time putting kids in handcuffs cause of noise complaints.

I am curious what people didn't like about living in Tallahassee. It gets pretty dirty but I liked it a whole hell of a lot more than growing up in Miami.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

R.D. Mangles posted:

tomorrow we are all wildcats

I'm sorry you're going to have to be more specific

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Strawberry Panda posted:

I really loved living in Tallahassee. There's actually a pretty cool art scene going on there. Also FSU gave us hundreds of thousands of dollars to run our own on campus indie venue.

The police there are the worst though. My friend got hit in a hit and run and the cops told him they couldn't do anything about it since he moved his car. So color me surprised they even tried to do anything.

Honestly the police there are all fsu homers. They moved to Tallahassee just so they could go to football games. They spend most of their time putting kids in handcuffs cause of noise complaints.

I am curious what people didn't like about living in Tallahassee. It gets pretty dirty but I liked it a whole hell of a lot more than growing up in Miami.

I had the opposite problem with noise complaints. They wouldn't do poo poo about my neighbors parties. Our neighbors put up a huge fence and an actual loving boxing ring like in Old School and throw parties with hundreds of people called like The poo poo Show. We were right across the street from Hip hop fish and chicken, to give you an idea of how close we were to campus.

Then we took a page from that when we moved into Indian village across from the stadium and had our taialgates sponsored by a local sound systems business. [video of] One of our tailgates made deadspin . Now theres a huge police presence there :smith:

Edit: Wooot we made the onion http://www.theonion.com/articles/florida-state-coaches-award-helmet-sticker-to-tall,37451/

pillsburysoldier fucked around with this message at 05:13 on Nov 15, 2014

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

#NotOurRealRival

I loved hearing about this bar because high school buddies of mine who went to Ole Miss could make CC charges at "The Library" and their parents would happily not question it until they kept spending so much week after week.

wheez the roux
Aug 2, 2004
THEY SHOULD'VE GIVEN IT TO LYNCH

Death to the Seahawks. Death to Seahawks posters.
Pullman has a "My Office" bar like most college towns but that jig's been up for a long-rear end time. i should open a bar called Campus Financial Services or Student Union or something

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

There's a coffee-shop/gas-station right outside of campus called Strange Brew, it's also attached to a Coldstone Creamery and looks like 3 different businesses in a really small building. My mom called me once freaking out about how I was spending hundreds of dollars on booze, I had no idea what she was talking about because I only went there for gas and couldn't explain why I was spending so much at a place that showed up on my bank statement as SBrew because I didn't know what that was.

• Locked thread