Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bob Wins
Oct 25, 2010
Just started playing but I applied as Bobwins, can anyone toss me an invite so I can figure out what the hell I am doing?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aesis
Oct 9, 2012
Filthy J4G
Tactical Alert has Stratos Emblem reward at 30 points, except enemy level is 70 and the shield drones are lot more tough and annoying. Someone in the squad brought Mirage with Quanta and made all the drones explode at once though.

Also I don't know why but my Syndicate standing's capped at 2,000. Gonna have to wait for reset and see if this is just for today :argh: But the 10X change is pretty good, and I was getting 650 standings for first phase of tactical alert.

e: Gilded Truth nerfed to 80%

Aesis fucked around with this message at 00:08 on Nov 15, 2014

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

IT WAS ME ALL ALONG, BURROWS!

Aesis posted:

Tactical Alert has Stratos Emblem reward at 30 points, except enemy level is 70 and the shield drones are lot more tough and annoying. Someone in the squad brought Mirage with Quanta and made all the drones explode at once though.
Many thanks to Sockpuppetclock for reminding me that Penta still exists and doesn't ALWAYS teleport its explosions to my dick.

Thranguy
Apr 21, 2010

Deceitful and black-hearted, perhaps we are. But we would never go against the Code. Well, perhaps for good reasons. But mostly never.
What, exactly, is this world record thing they're trying to do for? "Most pretend robot mustaches on a forum thread?" Was there really a previous holder for that record, or was failure not a possibility here? Have the Guinness people really sunk so low?

Baby Babbeh
Aug 2, 2005

It's hard to soar with the eagles when you work with Turkeys!!

Guinness went from a legitimate log of world records to a way to give legitimacy to publicity stunts a long, long time ago. I mean, there's still the core records like results from sporting events that are meaningful but as long as you think of something sufficiently wacky and toss them some cash you can make basically anything you want a world record.

Terbulus
Apr 7, 2009

OXIUM ALERT get in there boys

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
Every time the lotus wants me to "capture" someone and they burn up, I just think of this.

Aesis
Oct 9, 2012
Filthy J4G

Terbulus posted:

OXIUM ALERT get in there boys
Seriously, I always miss Oxium alert. This time I was doing T4 Survival 60 minutes run :argh:

e: Not sure what's going on with WFTrading, but it seems like some people finally decided to fabricate price on some mods, or somehow some mods became extremely rare.

Aesis fucked around with this message at 03:26 on Nov 15, 2014

tlarn
Mar 1, 2013

You see,
God doesn't help little frogs.

He helps people like me.
WFTrading is always out-of-date compared to what people are asking in the Trading Channel or on the forums, anyway; it's best to keep an eye on trends every once in a while and go with your gut.

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

Let's say the Tactical Alert is starting to feel like Penta'ing yourself in the dick, what do you do?

First, the target's a special energy drain eximus with high drain rate and absurd range, so if you're going to use powers, bring energy restores.
He's also got some shield drone buddies that make him invulnerable when they're shielding him.
And if you're going for the Tier 4 badge reward, they're level 78.

Fortunately, he's stupid. Someone successfully sniped his drones from wayy outside his "oh god time to run" range, making him trivial.
The drones are super obnoxious to hit, but slow at following him, so he's slow too. You'll either want to get him away from them, or limit their movement for shooting.

Here's some viable approaches collected from clanchat:
Rhino Stomp
Nova MPrime to slow drones
Loki Switch Teleport to separate from drones
Mag Pull to separate from drones
Penta to bombard the poo poo out of the drones
Amprexes to gently caress em all up at once
Don't enter his fleeing range, snipe the drones

Most CC powers seem to work, but at least one doesn't:
Watching the dude and his drones with the Crush glow on them casually run out of Crush's range is a real "alright, I'll just go gently caress myself" moment.

Finally, taking him down on a breakable ice bridge means you trade the capture for some comedy. Counterproductive, but hilarious. Worth doing once, on earlier tiers.

EDIT: Let's say things are going horribly wrong, people are going down, but you've got an invis Loki reviving the squad in the middle of a huge Eximus party. It can be hard to tell where he is in the chaos, but try not to revive the same person he is. That gets him shot.

Fish Noise fucked around with this message at 04:02 on Nov 15, 2014

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
I found a great pair of pubs to run with. One had a Jat Kittag for permanent stunlock while the other one and I peppered him with Penta shots. Worked like a charm. I got the last 10 points in a fraction of the time it took me to get the other 30. (Plus the first 30 were full of no squads, AFKers, idiots and me desperately trying to get the last 3 levels of limbo so I could finally get rid of his lovely rear end)

forest spirit
Apr 6, 2009

Frigate Hetman Sahaidachny
First to Fight Scuttle, First to Fall Sink

Can you trade syndicate mods?

edit: Why didn't I google? Yes you can. I'm lazy and it seems everyone is complaining about syndicate grind so a couple of plat for decent mods sounds okay in the end. And the further we get from syndicate update the more abundant they'll be. Sitting on some plat and just waiting to snipe a loki prime set from the trade chat.

After having left warframe for a bit and come back, a LOT of it is the same, but it's got a new veneer. I hope they can straight up polish the game from here on out.

forest spirit fucked around with this message at 06:04 on Nov 15, 2014

winterwerefox
Apr 23, 2010

The next movie better not make me shave anything :(

Doing the Europa Cold Revenge for my first Catalyst, runs 4-7 gave me no credit toward completion any idea what might be up?

Crono S. Magnum
Feb 29, 2008

winterwerefox posted:

Doing the Europa Cold Revenge for my first Catalyst, runs 4-7 gave me no credit toward completion any idea what might be up?

Make sure you're going to Map 2 at around 8 points and then map 3 when that opens up. Earlier maps don't give points anymore when you unlock their higher counterparts

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
The 10x buff to rep gain is helping a lot with the grind though.

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't

tlarn posted:

WFTrading is always out-of-date compared to what people are asking in the Trading Channel or on the forums, anyway; it's best to keep an eye on trends every once in a while and go with your gut.

wftrading is often below what people want, but a lot of times they'll take the amount.

ptp
Aug 27, 2010
New and trying to figure out what I'm doing:

I have a bunch of mods and other stuff I'm accumulating as I level (I'm like.. lvl 5-6 right now?). Should I be stockpiling these or using them?

What's this business with ranking up?

What should I be preoccupying myself with at this point? Is there a specific mission I should be aiming for, level I should be grinding towards, etc.? Or should I just do quests and progress through the game for a while?

How do I make sure my clan invites are emptied out? I don't see any indicator of them, which is probably itself an indication that I don't have any, but just to be sure/safe...

The Mumble channel for Warframe is apparently locked so I am very sad and alone in my framing of war right now.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

ptp posted:

New and trying to figure out what I'm doing:

I have a bunch of mods and other stuff I'm accumulating as I level (I'm like.. lvl 5-6 right now?). Should I be stockpiling these or using them?

What's this business with ranking up?

What should I be preoccupying myself with at this point? Is there a specific mission I should be aiming for, level I should be grinding towards, etc.? Or should I just do quests and progress through the game for a while?

How do I make sure my clan invites are emptied out? I don't see any indicator of them, which is probably itself an indication that I don't have any, but just to be sure/safe...

The Mumble channel for Warframe is apparently locked so I am very sad and alone in my framing of war right now.

1. Fuse crappy mods into useful mods (feel free to use up all those Target Crackers to increase your Serration's level).

2. Mastery Rank unlocks more weapons, trading, loadout slots, etc. You gain more Mastery by leveling stuff up. When you get enough points, you have to do a Mastery Test to rank up.

3. Get rid of your crappy Mk-1 weapons for actually good ones. The regular Braton and Karak are go-to beginner choices. When you get into the clan ask for Latron Prime parts, we all have loads of spares. After that, just focus on unlocking all the planets/nodes.

4. Go to clan management screen and check for outstanding invites? Not sure on this one. :shrug:

ptp
Aug 27, 2010

Neo_Crimson posted:

(feel free to use up all those Target Crackers to increase your Serration's level)

I understood the rest (thank you!) but whoa I have no idea what this means yet haha

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic

ptp posted:

I understood the rest (thank you!) but whoa I have no idea what this means yet haha

There are loads of useless mods good only for gimmick builds or fusion/transmutation fodder. Target Cracker is one of them.

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

Maybe now that hacking is actually not super-easy on high level maps people will start using Intruahahahahahahahahahaha

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

vOv posted:

Maybe now that hacking is actually not super-easy on high level maps people will start using Intruahahahahahahahahahaha

Intruder is the most useless mod ever. Even the bleed out time one can be useful if you are a Bad Kubrow Owner and use it with the Pack Leader kubrow mod to give yourself more time to get to it.

...it does add to that, right? Otherwise it's equally useless.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Why not just build ciphers instead.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

SynthOrange posted:

To be fair, when you're starting out, the (thankfully reusable) blueprint for the 10x Ciphers is kinda stupid expensive

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Yeah, theres' 1x cipher bps but they're tedious instead.

tlarn
Mar 1, 2013

You see,
God doesn't help little frogs.

He helps people like me.
Ciphers can actually be useful if you're hacking a Grineer terminal and it's a full eight-slice circle you have to complete. It's a pain in the rear end when you have one left and keep missing it, and by missing it you're undoing the one next to it.

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

Or if the updated version of the Corpus Cipher just doesn't read clearly to you compared to the original. I actually managed to fail one yesterday.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

I liked the old cipher puzzle better. It was simple and easy to read, even if stupidly easy if you had the slightest ability to recognize shapes. The new one looks cluttered.

Vvv I had entirely forgotten about Vile Precision. gently caress that thing so hard.

Malachite_Dragon fucked around with this message at 11:08 on Nov 15, 2014

Denzine
Sep 2, 2011

One time, I did a thing.
Both suck, the Grineer one because it responds poorly and the Corpus one because it looks like poo poo. Also they're both represented in-universe, which makes everything to do with the interface harder and DE isn't any good at UI in the first place.

Also the worst mod is Vile Precision, which reduces recoil and fire rate but does not reduce shot dispersion at all.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

SynthOrange posted:

I have never used a cipher and I'm not about to start now. :colbert:

Serpentis
May 31, 2011

Well, if I really HAVE to shoot you in the bollocks to shut you up, then I guess I'll need to, post-haste, for everyone else's sake.
Tip for Cold Revenge. Cthuluwhat and I just did a fairly painless run through of the three reward tiers once we brought along a Quanta (magnetic+electric) and Penta (I believe the same); the moment the target shows up on your screen, use cover to keep him from seeing you until you get within grenade/cube range, and spam quanta cubes and grenades. This actually quickly deals with the uber-drones before they spread out away from the capture target so you can close in afterwards with much less trauma. Just be sure to fire off only five Quanta cubes so you can detonate them with what's left of your ammo.

Shalhavet
Dec 10, 2010

This post is terrible
Doctor Rope
A blast-modded Opticor works pretty well too.

Aesis
Oct 9, 2012
Filthy J4G
Bo Prime handle farming got easier since the standings patch. Friend is rank 12 so he can farm 25 T4E keys a day, so it's just a matter of getting the loot through RNG now.

Maybe the asking price of Bo P handle will drop once more people start farming.

FunkyFlashman
May 10, 2013

Aesis posted:

Friend is rank 12 so he can farm 25 T4E keys a day

WHat are you talking about please?

Shalhavet
Dec 10, 2010

This post is terrible
Doctor Rope
In the most recent hotfix they added a daily limit (tied to your mastery rank) of how much syndicate rep you can get. It costs Red Veil 5k rep for 5 T4E keys, and at mastery 12 your cap is 26,000.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

FunkyFlashman posted:

WHat are you talking about please?
You can purchase T4 keys after reaching the second rank in a given faction at a rate of 5,000 standing per 5 keys. His friend presumably has the appropriate standing with Red Veil (who offer T4E keys) and is mastery rank 12 which puts his daily rep cap at 26,000, which is enough to purchase 5 sets of 5 T4E keys.

Aesis
Oct 9, 2012
Filthy J4G
Pretty much. Also with 10x standing gain (Doesn't feel 10x but certainly way more decent) a 60 minute survival of T4 will give you whopping 15k standings :stare:

ptp
Aug 27, 2010

Neo_Crimson posted:

4. Go to clan management screen and check for outstanding invites? Not sure on this one. :shrug:

For the record it shows up in your mailbox. Mine was empty til this morning but now I'm in the clan, so hooray :)

FunkyFlashman
May 10, 2013
Ah thanks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dromer
Aug 19, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Just got back into this game. The last time I played was shortly after the clans patch so there's a ton of new poo poo now. Also it seems like the Furax that I used to use a ton seems pretty bad now. Is there any magic mod combination to make really good?