Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
will I later regret not putting effort into this poll?
Yes
No
View Results

• Locked thread
CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MAYBE A DINGO ATE YOUR K/D
Nope. Its still laggy poo poo on 4 bars. Back to the drawing board sledgehammer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*

Knifegrab posted:

Irons on the bolt is really fun and suprisingly effective. I've had luck with it. That being said its still a sniper and if you get caught against more than one opponent you can't blast them all down like you could with a smg, rifle, or even a shotgun.

However the bullet does penetrate and you can get double kills with one bullet.

So they're exactly the same as they've always been?

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~

coyo7e posted:

This doesn't seem to work at all for me.

Also, can lasers shoot through a shield? I just had a guy with the first laser kill me while I was crouched motionless and facing him from a good 40 yards.

Probably lag. Its especially super noticeable when you're circling a guy and his LARGE OBVIOUS RED LINE is 6 feet behind you and you're still taking damage.

SniperX
Feb 10, 2011
Just bought the game. Currently drinking a home brew wheat beer, so I guess that makes me top 3 for hipster right?

PSN: SniperXt3m

Bro Nerd Alpha
Aug 27, 2012

going on pussy patrol

SniperX posted:

Just bought the game. Currently drinking a home brew wheat beer, so I guess that makes me top 3 for hipster right?

PSN: SniperXt3m

I'm drinking Khalua and Sweet Tea vodka, I guess that makes me a classy drunk.

PSN-Off1cerWinslow

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Christoff posted:

If anyone cares looks like the stock attachment decreases accuracy. First COD where there's a penalty apparently

https://www.reddit.com/r/CodAW/comments/2m9mj0/psa_stock_attachment_decreases_accuracy_increases/

That explains a lot. :stare:

GET MY BELT SON
Sep 26, 2007

what's the penalty for teamkilling on hardcore in this iteration

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

GET MY BELT SON posted:

what's the penalty for teamkilling on hardcore in this iteration

You get like 3 team kills before it starts killing you after every subsequent one and making your wait to respawn longer and longer.

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot

CheeseFactory posted:

Nope. Its still laggy poo poo on 4 bars. Back to the drawing board sledgehammer.
Yeah lag is flat-out way worse after the recent patch than it ever was before. Tonight I was in 3 different games where I had enough time to dump TWO mags of bulldog ammo into someone from 10 feet away... Then they'd fall over dead 2 seconds later.

Also, if you want to figure out where the map glitches are play team infected - I found map glitches on 4 different maps tonight in like an hour of playing - just by following my team and then watching them all jump at random wall/ceiling spaces and vanish. It's pretty funny to hear the infected side try to figure out how to get at people in glitch spots though (just stay out of shottie effective range until they run out of ammo, and then crawl in and wait for someone to move toward you before stabbing them first.)

GET MY BELT SON
Sep 26, 2007

btw I'm drinking potato vodka so I'm easily in the top six tonight

SniperX
Feb 10, 2011

GET MY BELT SON posted:

btw I'm drinking potato vodka so I'm easily in the top six tonight

An exceptional Irishman.

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

We just made a comeback on hardcore search and it was the best thing.

:allears:

E.G.G.S.
Apr 15, 2006

Fateo McMurray posted:

You get like 3 team kills before it starts killing you after every subsequent one and making your wait to respawn longer and longer.

I missed this system.

Quabzor
Oct 17, 2010

My whole life just flashed before my eyes! Dude, I sleep a lot.

SniperX posted:

An exceptional Irishman.

Nah. Polish

The Irish only drink Guinness, whisky, and their own vomit.

ada shatan
Oct 20, 2004

that'll do pig, that'll do

Dirt Taco Scuba posted:

We just made a comeback on hardcore search and it was the best thing.

:allears:

I'm still amazed that happened.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

Quabzor posted:

Nah. Polish

The Irish only drink Guinness, whisky, and their own vomit.

We also drink your mother's vomit.

Quabzor
Oct 17, 2010

Redgrendel2001 posted:

We also drink your mother's vomit.

Well I mean, my mother married into an Irish catholic family.

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MAYBE A DINGO ATE YOUR K/D

coyo7e posted:

Yeah lag is flat-out way worse after the recent patch than it ever was before. Tonight I was in 3 different games where I had enough time to dump TWO mags of bulldog ammo into someone from 10 feet away... Then they'd fall over dead 2 seconds later.

Also, if you want to figure out where the map glitches are play team infected - I found map glitches on 4 different maps tonight in like an hour of playing - just by following my team and then watching them all jump at random wall/ceiling spaces and vanish. It's pretty funny to hear the infected side try to figure out how to get at people in glitch spots though (just stay out of shottie effective range until they run out of ammo, and then crawl in and wait for someone to move toward you before stabbing them first.)

Yeah i have the lag where i dont fire bullets in the kill cam and generally feel half a second behind the lobby, even on 4 bars, which is most of the time.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~
Ugh is anyone streaming tonight? I'm super loving bored at work and I'm not gonna watch "professional twitch personalities" collect money from morons.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Holy poo poo, rippable laser sentries are amazing. I get at least 5 kills with each one, compared to 0-1 kills with each AI sentry.

Will Of The Wisp
Jan 27, 2009
To those who had their ears exploded every time they opened a supply drop: Disconnect your headphones and hold the ps button to adjust your controllers audio levels to a more comfortable one. Hope this helps!

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:
I just played with the dumbest loving goon ever.
Just a non-stop gimmick of asking me to stop swearing in front of his son.

:what:

I refuse to use language any less mature than the game I am currently playing. :patriot:

BIFF!
Jan 4, 2009
yeah waht a rude guy asking you to stop cussing idgi

Quabzor
Oct 17, 2010

Mister Macys posted:

I refuse to use language any less mature than the game I am currently playing. :patriot:

The only phrase allowed unconditionally is "You Hitler Punching human being".

Excalipur
Jul 2, 2003
You make me throw up a little.
I played with this same RUDE goon, the only thing worse than the TERRIBLE lag

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Just got killed through the wall in Horizon.

So that's solar, retreat and horizon that have map exploits.

Kizurue
Apr 5, 2006

There's somethin' fishy goin' on here...

Alteisen posted:

Horizon it's a little closet that has one way glass. The fun thing is you can just shoot through the walls to the side or behind it to kill them. Also a NA-45 sniper explosion will kill whoever is inside if you shoot the glass.

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]

Alteisen posted:

There's also Detroit.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Excalipur posted:

I played with this same RUDE goon, the only thing worse than the TERRIBLE lag

Oh good, it wasn't just me. gently caress the connection in those games were terrible.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Mill Village posted:

Holy poo poo, rippable laser sentries are amazing. I get at least 5 kills with each one, compared to 0-1 kills with each AI sentry.

Idk I run the turret with support and sentry and it's not bad on domination. People usually don't expect it because lol no one runs turrets. I'll either do 360 degree aim or laser. Yeah remote turret sucks and is a waste but try the sentry mode.

Mister Macys posted:

I love when you get into a lobby and just hear a crying baby. Like I imagine some 30 something year old dude sitting on a coach while his wife is gone and a baby in the cradle crying non-stop because it hasn't been fed

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~

Alteisen posted:

It's almost as if extensive quality testing cuts into corporate profits

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Christoff posted:

Idk I run the turret with support and sentry and it's not bad on domination. People usually don't expect it because lol no one runs turrets. I'll either do 360 degree aim or laser. Yeah remote turret sucks and is a waste but try the sentry mode.

I love when you get into a lobby and just hear a crying baby. Like I imagine some 30 something year old dude sitting on a coach while his wife is gone and a baby in the cradle crying non-stop because it hasn't been fed

There was nothing in the background though. It was just a lovely Anim8-level gimmick.

SilentW
Apr 3, 2009

my It dept hgere is fucking clwonshoes, and as someone hwo used to do IT for 9 years it pains me to see them fbe so terriuble
Hey you buttes we're doing Exo Survival for sweet zombie lewts

Get in the Steam chat and ask for a delicious boatslut

BIFF!
Jan 4, 2009
E:^^

Got 1 slot on ps4 for exo survival if anyone wants in.

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot

Mister Macys posted:

There was nothing in the background though. It was just a lovely Anim8-level gimmick.
I was a bit embarrassed last night, I was in a group and one woman says, "okay sorry guys - it's about to get loud in here." And I was like oh she must have company over or something.. Until I hear this teenage-sounding kid just starting SCREAMING abuse/frustration at the game over her mic - from across the room or the other room. I assumed he was just some shithead teen playing on her account while she kept the mic on to chat with us, but the kid was like, really out there on the ADHD spectrum hollering "loving BULLSHIT!" "NO WAY I KILLED THAT GUY FIRST THIS IS loving STUPID!" etc over and over.

Finally I was like "jesus what is that kid - 14? Sounds like he had too much mountain dew or something," and she replies "no, sorry, he's autistic." I was like "haha another self-diagnosed assburgers gamer?" "No, he's actually autistic, and he's getting upset at watching me play while I babysit him for my sister - he's 20 but I gave him a controller with no batteries - sorry." :smith:

The worst thing is totally the "guy with the mic and a 3-6 year-old on his lap while he's hollering abuse at everyone and swearing up a storm," though. That never ceases to upset me a bit. :(

coyo7e fucked around with this message at 17:06 on Nov 15, 2014

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax
Sounds just like the average Macys experience

GET MY BELT SON
Sep 26, 2007

i really want to get a macys/saggy/bloghouse/fallin party going

that poo poo would be unreal

Draven
May 6, 2005

friendship is magic

GET MY BELT SON posted:

i really want to get a macys/saggy/bloghouse/fallin party going

that poo poo would be unreal

The loudest of parties.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

Christoff posted:

Or this happens: http://www.sott.net/article/270700-Florida-man-breaks-babys-leg-after-Xbox-session-is-interrupted-for-a-diaper-change

Too bad Mtn Dew/Doritos don't cause sterility :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Draven
May 6, 2005

friendship is magic

Jesus christ. :(

I hate people sometimes.

• Locked thread