Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tyma
Dec 22, 2004

I love Leinster and I couldn't be happier that Jordie Barrett has signed with them on a short term deal.
Holy gently caress, matavesi's leg :ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Jesus Christ, Nicky Smith looks about 12.

edit - Wales are trying their hardest to gently caress this up.

Tyma
Dec 22, 2004

I love Leinster and I couldn't be happier that Jordie Barrett has signed with them on a short term deal.
On the upside, nobody's being mean to Rhys...

tag youre fat
Aug 16, 2013

C'est l'homme ideal
charme au masculin
How have Wales not scored against 14 men in half an hour?

stavros880
May 2, 2005
I like monkeys

Swan Curry posted:

Swan Curry posted:

:(

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
More like 40 minutes the amount of loving TMO nonsense.

TRISHY
Apr 12, 2005

Springboks won. England look sad lol.

I'm wondering if I should just pull an all nighter to watch the rest of the games.
The wallabies v France game is on at 4am

Tyma
Dec 22, 2004

TRISHY posted:

Springboks won. England look sad lol.

I'm wondering if I should just pull an all nighter to watch the rest of the games.
The wallabies v France game is on at 4am

Scotland vs New Zealand Comedy XV is definately worth waiting another hour for.

Plucky Brit
Nov 7, 2009

Swing low, sweet chariot
Well, England have shown that this group of players isn't good enough. Our only real hope for next year is a full strength team and no major injuries to any of the first choice 15.

Also kill the match scheduler. Having no warmup matches and then facing the two best teams in the world after a NZ tour is loving idiotic.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

ElectroMagneticJosh posted:

There was a mentality amongst a lot of NZ rugby fans (probably still is) that if someone is selected for the All Blacks and doesn't set the world on fire he is useless as a player in all other tiers of the game. Ralph was very much victim to that way of thinking. He was a great super rugby player but, as an All Black, he was just - okay. For a lot of NZ rugby fans this was the same as being a disaster and, from that point on, they only noticed when he made mistakes.

And Dane Coles is the guy you point to as a classic example of why this mentality is so loving stupid and dumb and a butt.

And even then, he only really had that one big shocker in the 2004 Super Rugby final that stands out as an anomaly in an otherwise solid career. I suspect a fair bit of the antipathy towards him also comes from his selection ahead of Christian Cullen for the 2003 Rugby World Cup squad.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I hate this Scotland strip.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Well, Scotland did well to hold the All Blacks out for almost 10 minutes.

TRISHY
Apr 12, 2005

Carter misses two.
After that last one, the commentator just said 'oh daniel'
He sounded so disappointed

emjayo
Apr 11, 2013

These Scotch commentators give no fucks

All Blacks by 50.

TRISHY
Apr 12, 2005

Scotland got a try.
'Thanks Richie'

Communist Bear
Oct 7, 2008

Seymour reminds NZ Glasgow warriors are a bit like them.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Seymour looks like the sort of guy who'd be good for a fight in the pub carpark.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
loving hell Hogg, you shouldn't have tried to run that.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Oh my god, that was the dumbest penalty.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
The gently caress is going on with these lineouts.

Communist Bear
Oct 7, 2008

Scotland could be winning this if we stopped giving silly penalties.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Hahahaha, loving illegal put-in.

Nobody's done it legally for years.

MyChemicalImbalance
Sep 15, 2007

Keep on smilin'

:unsmith:
Scotland running themselves to death, they need to send the ball into the AB's half.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Richie McCaw: gently caress it, I'll just tackle two people at once.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
New Zealand can't seem to keep the ball in hand, Scotland can't actually move the ball down the field.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
That was the worst scrum call I've seen in ages. That scrum collapsed because the ball nearly went back out the side and they collapsed onto it.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Wait, this game is actually close!?!

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Yeah, the Scottish defence is actually excellent and the All Blacks are making it way too difficult for themselves. Also, Carter had, by his lofty standards, a shocker.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Also at times looks about one clumsy mistake away from a fistfight.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

And Thrush has just won the game for the All Blacks. A try close enough to the posts.

Also interesting stat: If McCaw is named to captain the All Blacks next week against Wales, it will be his 100th test as captain. He earned his first cap as All Blacks captain against Wales.

The next highest number of test caps as captain belongs to Brian O'Driscoll, with 83 as captain.

This will also be his 87th win as captain, easily making him the winningest captain in test rugby history. The next highest number of test wins as captain is John Smit of the Springboks with 54.

edogawa rando fucked around with this message at 20:15 on Nov 15, 2014

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Scotland might lose this by less than 10, and be hard done by.

What a world we live in.

tag youre fat
Aug 16, 2013

C'est l'homme ideal
charme au masculin
You tried,Scotland :(

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
To loving right they did. They must be loving dead.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Yeah, Thrushy earned that MOTM award. Great performance in one of his few outings in black.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Awww man, thought there might be a last second try there.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

The last few times a team has given the All Blacks a scare in the Autumn Internationals, they've usually gone on to win the 6 Nations so this might be good for the Scots.

sleep with the vicious
Apr 2, 2010
Really good game by Scotland. Just a few moments in that game went the AB's way, but that was really close

Communist Bear
Oct 7, 2008

That was a good show and I'm happy enough with the result despite losing. We showed a really keen ability and the team we're fielding out there look extremely dangerous. Seymour, Bennett, Russell, the Gray Brothers - they could really terrify opposition.

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

:scotland:
Good game by Scotland and were in it up until the Thrush try. Way beyond my expectations and it's a pretty good sign for the national side and where it's going. ABs had a rough game by their usual standard but can't take it away from how well Scotland defended against some very dangerous players.

e: Now to see which France/Australia turn up tonight.

Vaders Jester fucked around with this message at 20:59 on Nov 15, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

WMain00 posted:

That was a good show and I'm happy enough with the result despite losing. We showed a really keen ability and the team we're fielding out there look extremely dangerous. Seymour, Bennett, Russell, the Gray Brothers - they could really terrify opposition.

The Scottish back three in particular are potentially the best in Europe and stack up reasonably well against the Southern Hemisphere Big 3. It's usually been an issue of decision-making under pressure and a comparatively pedestrian midfield.

• Locked thread