Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib

goatface posted:

Living in a crack-den. Guess the uncles haven't had much good work recently.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

As a voter, I can say that reading Luann really helps me to understand the apathy that the average voting-aged American feels every midterm election.

bonestructure
Sep 25, 2008

by Ralp

"Three octaves below cantankerous and fortyblahblahblah"shut the gently caress up, you nattering twit.

The worst part of this strip is when Brooke attempts witty repartee.

bonestructure fucked around with this message at 00:44 on Nov 15, 2014

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light
Reality Check

That's not an ear worm, THIS is an ear worm:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0oUbqVnsCG8

Alterian
Jan 28, 2003

Julet Esqu posted:

As a voter, I can say that reading Luann really helps me to understand the apathy that the average voting-aged American feels every midterm election.

Huh. So are they in NC?

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

Allen Wren posted:

Great Moments in Rock 'n' Roll

Well, nuts. Now it's back to actual rock 'n roll stories, but they're really bland ones.

Johnny Walker posted:

Oh that one doesn't really count. No one from the original film was involved in that. It was a money grab by some suits.

But does it qualify as canon in greater Dumb and Dumber universe? (please let this not be a thing that actually exists)

It's All Right Chief Dharma

You can tell this comic is five years old because those things don't exist anymore.

Spanish Matlock
Sep 6, 2004

If you want to play the I-didn't-know-this-was-a-hippo-bar game with me, that's fine.

Actually the phrase "give clock" (送钟) is a homophone for "kill/terminate/bury a parent(?)" (送終).

SomeMathGuy
Oct 4, 2014

The people were ASTONISHED at his doctrine.

Modern opinion blogs can cater to idiosyncratic tastes, resulting in an illusory appearance of consensus for minority positions. AG- wait, poo poo, what thread is this?

e: But seriously, is Luann just on a generic "Voting is a thing you should do" kick that I'm reading too much into? It's coming across as a vague condemnation of young voters.

SomeMathGuy fucked around with this message at 03:37 on Nov 15, 2014

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Mister Kingdom posted:

Reality Check

I prefer the remix.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PL4ly_vqj0Y

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.

Julet Esqu posted:

As a Facebook user, I can say that Knute has the modern voter nailed, but he left out the part where he reached the non-partisan local offices on the ballot and it dawned on him that this is the first time he's seen any of those names.

Peanuts: Year Two (October 22-24, 1951)

For "Snoopy acting like an actual dog" fans, you can't get doggier than this without delving into bodily functions or biological imperatives.

Super-Fun-Pak Comix

Another Pogo double-feature tomorrow. One of those days, I guess...

Midnight Moth
Sep 14, 2007

What the hell, dude??
I'm like, right here.
Dustin

Ew, Dustin works with a lot of old people.

On the Fastrack

I haven't noticed it being that bad.

Safe Havens

Normal blue whale size is roughly the size of a mermaid.

Vastakaiun
Apr 16, 2008

Spanish Matlock posted:

Actually the phrase "give clock" (送钟) is a homophone for "kill/terminate/bury a parent(?)" (送終).

I now want to see a Chinese version of Fingerpori.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Midnight Moth posted:

On the Fastrack

I guess Dethany hasn't heard of Social Fixer?

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Some Guy TT posted:

But does it qualify as canon in greater Dumb and Dumber universe? (please let this not be a thing that actually exists)

You know I thought this exact same thing when I wrote that comment, and no I don't think it would qualify as canon, and yes I feel bad for thinking about it that much. Also, while I remember the sequel, I was surprised to find that there was a Dumb and Dumber cartoon which I didn't remember.

F Minus

Mary Worth

Who's hand is that?

Rex Morgan MD

What is that face June is making? Bored? Stoned? Dull surprise?

Gann Jerrod
Sep 9, 2005

A gun isn't a gun unless it shoots Magic.
A crosspost from the funny panel thread, the latest Spider-man storyline has a villain hopping between dimensions killing various Spider-Men/Women, and this was one of them:

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

ZeeToo
Feb 20, 2008

I'm a kitty!
Reply All

Pearls Before Swine

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Tina's Groove

Family Circus

Rose is Rose

One Big Happy

Mother Goose & Grimm

Foob

Compu-Toon

Bizarro

Dilbert

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
Skippy (September 10, 1927)

Peanuts (November 18, 1967)

Funky Winkerbean

"He's doing that thing like a smirk, but with both ends of his mouth turned up. There's gotta be a name for it."

A member of the Funky cast is dancing with joy! Will the Earth swallow him as a cosmic corrective or will we have to settle for something snapping his inexplicably birdlike ankle?

Popeye

Rip Haywire

Out Our Way (January 22-23, 1926)

This is cowboy cartoon #170 since the ranch guys joined the regular rotation. The school marm first turned up in #6, so the TooLong;Didn'tReader's Digest version of Smokey's story is beginning to feel like a fool's promise.

Wiki sez: "In the U.S. state of Vermont the tradition is that women decorate a cardboard box and fill it with a lunch or dinner for two. The men bid on the women's boxes anticipating a meal with the woman whose box it is. The bidding involves teasing, joking, and competition."

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Gann Jerrod posted:

A crosspost from the funny panel thread, the latest Spider-man storyline has a villain hopping between dimensions killing various Spider-Men/Women, and this was one of them:

This is perfect. :allears:

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

Johnny Walker posted:

Mary Worth

Who's hand is that?

Uh oh, Mary. Your human disguise is slipping.

At first I thought it was a joke about asian English speakers having trouble with Rs and Ls. Then I realized it was about child labor. And maybe also the language thing. You kind of suck, Piraro.

Green Intern fucked around with this message at 15:30 on Nov 15, 2014

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

Green Intern posted:

At first I thought it was a joke about asian English speakers having trouble with Rs and Ls. Then I realized it was about child labor. And maybe also the language thing. You kind of suck, Piraro.

Also forgery!

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

Green Intern posted:

Could be about child labor and making intentionally misspelled bootleg merchandise for flea markets. :shrug:

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!
Cul-de-sac wraps up this week with a hell of a gag.

Heathcliff

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer

Uhhhh....

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

The Dinette Set keeps working despite injury and Dad jokes.

Working Daze has terrible meter.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Mehuyael posted:

Uhhhh....

It's the weekend.

BlankIsBeautiful
Apr 4, 2008

Feeling a little inadequate?

Mehuyael posted:

Uhhhh....

Either cashing his Kitty paycheck, or making a withdrawal for a night out on Kitty Town!

Non Sequitur

Jesus Christ, Wiley, what the gently caress?

Heavenly Nostrils is yesterday's.

This is going to get worse, isn't it.

9 Chickweed Lane 11/15/2003

Why would you... nevermind.

Kevin & Kell

Yeah. Gonna do it. :ughh:

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Who cares about the KKK ATM, it's the weekend. Take a break from your Working Comix.

Pooch Café

I don't have voices for any of the other characters, but Puddles is definitely voiced by Brad Garrett.

Ballard Street

Look at Larry's face. He did not invent that thing to turn the pages on the wall street journal.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Emmy Lou

Mandrake the Magician

The Phantom

Classic Prince Valiant

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Bloom County moves into December, 1988.

And Calvin And Hobbes follows.

Ripley's

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

GorfZaplen posted:

The Phantom

OK, this could end up being dumb enough to be funny.

SomeMathGuy
Oct 4, 2014

The people were ASTONISHED at his doctrine.

Thank god he has amnesia and can't show them his trophy rooms.

Parahexavoctal
Oct 10, 2004

I AM NOT BEING PAID TO CORRECT OTHER PEOPLE'S POSTS! DONKEY!!

EasyEW posted:

Funky Winkerbean

"He's doing that thing like a smirk, but with both ends of his mouth turned up. There's gotta be a name for it."

A member of the Funky cast is dancing with joy! Will the Earth swallow him as a cosmic corrective or will we have to settle for something snapping his inexplicably birdlike ankle?

Because it just wouldn't be Batiuk without characters suffering in misery and desolation, would it. Or would it? Let's have a look at JOHN DARLING to find out!

Punchline to today's strip: misery, desolation, and mental illness.

Esplanade
Jan 6, 2005

GorfZaplen posted:

Classic Prince Valiant

So Erick turns out to be an rear end in a top hat and Skurl winds up the hero. I love that a 70-year-old comic strip can still surprise me.

The "Shucks, who isn't" line was kind of jarring, though. It's the only time I've seen the narrator speak in a distinctly modern style. Hope that was just a one-off.

A Real Happy Camper
Dec 11, 2007

These children have taught me how to believe.

GorfZaplen posted:

The Phantom

John X*

*For the Identity to be named later!

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib

Behold, the worst Irishman. Boggle at his terrible taste in whiskey!

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Gann Jerrod posted:

Awww, that's sweet. :3:

Oh my gosh, you guys! This is supposed to be a pleasant dinner party! Quit with the hot-button topics! :sweatdrop:

Julet Esqu fucked around with this message at 23:56 on Nov 15, 2014

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Great Moments in Rock 'n' Roll goes re-revisionist.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

Once again, Pogo's future is up in the air. (November 16-17, 1956)

How long until they break into his pantry?

Peanuts: Year Two (October 25-27, 1951)

Super-Fun-Pak Comix

• Locked thread