Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

mycot posted:

I am looking forward to Office Space In Space.

CL4P-TP Load Letter? What the gently caress does that mean?! *cuts to the main characters curbstomping a Claptrap in the middle of the desert*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

Is it possible to use one of the save editors to mark the last quest of TVHM as finished before you start TVHM so you could hypothetically play all the other missions at level 50, like some big 2.5 playthrough? I finished the story the first time but this game was so disappointing I kinda want to break my save file and try something more fun for the second playthrough. Is that Save Guid value your current quest progress? I remember the BL2 save editor being able to do something more specific with quests.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

Megazver posted:

A proper link for the Tales from the Borderlands trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p_Tn4Yk5hxM

I recognize Patrick Warburton, Laura Bailey and Chris Hardwick.

That looks a lot better than I was expecting.

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013

Reiley posted:

Is it possible to use one of the save editors to mark the last quest of TVHM as finished before you start TVHM so you could hypothetically play all the other missions at level 50, like some big 2.5 playthrough? I finished the story the first time but this game was so disappointing I kinda want to break my save file and try something more fun for the second playthrough. Is that Save Guid value your current quest progress? I remember the BL2 save editor being able to do something more specific with quests.

GUID = Global Unique Identifier, literally just a way to make sure all of the saves are unique.

My gut feeling is that you can mark all of the quests as complete. I'm not entirely sure how to do it, but you should be able to look at any competed quests for clues. I'd suggest playing normally until you get the OZ Kit, etc. from Springs, just to be safe. You'd probably also need to mark every story quest as complete.

Badcounterpoint
Mar 5, 2014

Skandranon posted:

I think the ZX-1 is bugged in this regard. Each hit seems to spawn it's own burn effect, instead of refreshing the same one. So you can set an enemy on fire 50 times, and each tick from each DoT adds Maelstrom stacks. Other fire weapons don't stack DoTs in this way.

That would be why i can get stacks up to about 450-500 with it. it is really insane, but i can only get that effect inside.

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem
Also Tales from the Borderlands has a Steam page. I think it's assumed the 25th is the release date since that's when the preorder deal ends.

Skandranon
Sep 6, 2008
fucking stupid, dont listen to me

Badcounterpoint posted:

That would be why i can get stacks up to about 450-500 with it. it is really insane, but i can only get that effect inside.

Yeah, fire DoTs only work with air, which is why fire is a situational effect at best. If the weapon was electricity, it would be the only weapon anyone would use.

VocalizePlayerDeath
Jan 29, 2009

mycot posted:

Also Tales from the Borderlands has a Steam page. I think it's assumed the 25th is the release date since that's when the preorder deal ends.

One thing I noticed is this and Pillars of Eternity preorders run out on the same day and that game is not supposed to come out this year. So maybe the 25th is instead going to be the start of a steam sale or something so peoples preorders aren't counting towards freebie cards or the sales gimmick at the time.

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

Hell Gem

Megazver posted:

According to the Internet Rhys is supposed to be either Troy Baker or Sam Witwer and I honestly can't tell which.

The final cast has Troy Baker. There must have been a recast mid-development I guess.

edit: Are Nolan North and Troy Baker buds these days because he's also on the list. Or is it just a consequence of both being in everything?

mycot fucked around with this message at 07:54 on Nov 14, 2014

Emo Szyslak
Feb 25, 2006

Cool thing I noticed with the save editor that saved me a lot of headache: to skip the intro crap for a new character, there's a "load missions" button where you can transfer another save's completed/current quests instead of trying to go through manually.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

hup posted:

Cool thing I noticed with the save editor that saved me a lot of headache: to skip the intro crap for a new character, there's a "load missions" button where you can transfer another save's completed/current quests instead of trying to go through manually.

So with the editor, all you gotta do is transfer the intro quest? Or is said quest tied in with the intro? Also, you could just press Escape whenever it tells you to. Then again, you still have to wait out some bits.

Also also, I might want to take a crack at this save editor.

TopHatGenius
Oct 3, 2008

something feels
different

Hot Rope Guy
Goodness I love playing the Doppelganger class. Not only is it hillarious but not only are they great distractions but they are super strong.

Badcounterpoint
Mar 5, 2014

mycot posted:

So I hope that this does not take resources away from expansions for the Pre sequel. I got a kick out of the expansions for BL2 and hope that they do more of the same quality.

lazerwolf
Dec 22, 2009

Orange and Black
Not sure if this was mentioned already but I am able to grind 3 legendary weapons and get a random legendary back with NO moonstone cost. I just spent a hour or so making a ton of weapons.

Fantastic Alice
Jan 23, 2012

Badcounterpoint posted:

So I hope that this does not take resources away from expansions for the Pre sequel. I got a kick out of the expansions for BL2 and hope that they do more of the same quality.

...why would a game made by a different company take away resources?

lets burn
Nov 2, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
my jack build is pretty broken http://thepresequel.com/Jack/53510100100510551500105101010000000000

TopHatGenius
Oct 3, 2008

something feels
different

Hot Rope Guy

xanthan posted:

...why would a game made by a different company take away resources?

This wouldn't be the case unless 2K Australia was providing support for Telltale. I could only see that happening in regards to QA support.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Oh hey, I didn't even notice, but the baroness' full skill tree is up on the skill website.

http://thepresequel.com/Aurelia/00000000000000000000000000000000000000

All you have to do is put her name in the url instead of Jack's. :v:

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

TopHatGenius posted:

Goodness I love playing the Doppelganger class. Not only is it hillarious but not only are they great distractions but they are super strong.

I just respecced to the right-hand skill tree and holy COW the Investment ability is amazing at full five ranks. You shoot a guy with anything, wait five seconds while dodging bullets (or shooting at his friends), switch to a laser weapon, shoot everyone lightly ONCE and they all EXPLODE.

Do this twice to a badass scav and they go down so easily.

EDIT: If Gaige is a guest character in a future chapter of Tales of the Borderlands I, a grown adult, will squee. I'm picturing a cutscene-equivalence of her Anarchy skill being represented as her arm glowing, charging up her gun to shoot super-bullets, but it keeps rattling and eventually she's shaking like a paint mixer machine.

"You holding up okay, there?"

"Iiii'mmm ffff-fffff-iiiinneee! Kkk--kkkeeep 'emmmmm commmminnnnnGGGGGG!"

Speedball fucked around with this message at 07:36 on Nov 15, 2014

Badcounterpoint
Mar 5, 2014

TopHatGenius posted:

This wouldn't be the case unless 2K Australia was providing support for Telltale. I could only see that happening in regards to QA support.

Hey, I am not says that it would, just hoping that it doesn't. Not working in the game industry I don't know what kind of interplay happens between companies. Plus they stated that it will have the same kind of humor as the other Borderlands games, would that mean that they would loan writers? Just curious what might happen.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
There has been no credible information regarding PS4/One versions of the PS, correct?

Tezzeract
Dec 25, 2007

Think I took a wrong turn...
Not BLTPS related, but I went through the Hammerlock DLC with a few friends recently. It's actually a pretty fun piece of content and worth playing for the great environments. The 'newness' was a big part of the appeal and pulling out some more fun out of BL2 was its own reward.

Dyz
Dec 10, 2010

CJacobs posted:

Oh hey, I didn't even notice, but the baroness' full skill tree is up on the skill website.

http://thepresequel.com/Aurelia/00000000000000000000000000000000000000

All you have to do is put her name in the url instead of Jack's. :v:

Holy poo poo that sniper tree is actually good. Much better than Zero's terrible sniper tree. And the cryo one fits so well alongside it.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

Dyz posted:

Holy poo poo that sniper tree is actually good. Much better than Zero's terrible sniper tree. And the cryo one fits so well alongside it.

Yeah, she's a weird siren/hunter hybrid.

Third tree looks worthless except maybe for co-op.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Dyz posted:

The one that puts a bullet back in the magazine if you kill with a crit looks like it dovetails VERY nicely with the skill that massively increases gun damage at the cost of magazine size. This sniper skill tree looks very, very cool.

I like how "wait for it" has a max of 999 stacks. Who's going to wait THAT long? Hahahahahaha. Though someone out there might be able to do crazy things with it...

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Speedball posted:

The one that puts a bullet back in the magazine if you kill with a crit looks like it dovetails VERY nicely with the skill that massively increases gun damage at the cost of magazine size. This sniper skill tree looks very, very cool.

I like how "wait for it" has a max of 999 stacks. Who's going to wait THAT long? Hahahahahaha. Though someone out there might be able to do crazy things with it...

Open game, go eat lunch, come back when she has 999 stacks, oneshot a Raid boss (hopefully it does enough damage for that).

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Nose Manual + Super Sonic Spin Attack

Genocyber posted:

Open game, go eat lunch, come back when she has 999 stacks, oneshot a Raid boss (hopefully it does enough damage for that).

It says missing a shot, though. So you'd need to expend 999 sniper ammo and not hit anything. For a 900% daamage increase.

Skandranon
Sep 6, 2008
Has anyone considered the possibility that the Doppleganger kills the real Jack and takes over Hyperion?

Metrohunter
Sep 30, 2009

Ain't no thing like me, 'cept me.
You fight the doppelganger in BL2 for a quest, assuming Jack only ever had the one.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Skandranon posted:

Has anyone considered the possibility that the Doppleganger kills the real Jack and takes over Hyperion?

Nope, 'cause --

Metrohunter posted:

You fight the doppelganger in BL2 for a quest, assuming Jack only ever had the one.

Exactly.

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

Skandranon posted:

By the real Jack you mean the player... right? ;)

Wurzag
Jun 3, 2007

Bad Moons, Bad Moons, wot ya gonna do?

Metrohunter posted:

I'm pretty sure Angel says "one of" in reference to the doubles in BL2 so I'd assume he had several

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

Hell Gem

Skandranon posted:

I don't see it; the whole joke is that the Double doesn't like killing people, is spineless and unambitious...the opposite of real Jack.

Metrohunter
Sep 30, 2009

Ain't no thing like me, 'cept me.

Take the one point out of Incentives and put it in Inspire. :colbert:

Exercu
Dec 7, 2009

EAT WELL, SLEEP WELL, SHIT WELL! THERE'S YOUR ANSWER!!

Speedball posted:

Nope, 'cause --

Exactly.

Isn't the Doppelganger in BL2 just some engineer with a watch that makes him look different? He reverts to being a regular engineer once he dies.

WhiteHowler
Apr 3, 2001

I'M HUGE!
Has anyone gotten the CheatEngine rarity hack to work with the Pre-Sequel?

I used the TPS-modified file someone posted a few dozen pages ago, but it doesn't seem to be affecting anything in-game. Even when I set the preset to "Legendaries only" as a test, the drops seem to be about normal.

nudejedi
Mar 5, 2002

Shanghai Tippytap
On my first play through with a laser-focused Wilhelm and got an ZX-1 and holy gently caress that gun is insane!

Capt. Sticl
Jul 24, 2002

In Zion I was meant to be
'Doze the homes
Block the sea
With this great ship at my command
I'll plunder all the Promised Land!

AirRaid posted:

It says missing a shot, though. So you'd need to expend 999 sniper ammo and not hit anything. For a 900% daamage increase.

It's more than 900% though. With 5 points in the never miss you gain 2%/stack. With 5 points in wait for it, you gain 4.5% per stack. So, yes you need to expend a thousand sniper ammo, but it's for a theoretical ~4500% bonus. (Never miss still looks a lot better because you can use the damage bonus more than once before losing it).

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

I Never Miss looks like it'll be GREAT for perfectionists. "Yess....yesss....yesss....NOOOO! AUUUGGHHHH drat YOU!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skandranon
Sep 6, 2008

mycot posted:

I don't see it; the whole joke is that the Double doesn't like killing people, is spineless and unambitious...the opposite of real Jack.

Except he's the one that kills thousands of bad guys to rescue Helios, save Elpis, etc. 'Real' Jack only kills a handful of people in not very dangerous situations. Obviously, the mass slaughter has to have an effect on Doppleganger. If they had planned it ahead of time better, it would actually be a really good way to have Jack change from 'Hero Jack' to 'Handsome Jack'.

• Locked thread