Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
So this poopgame was on sale, so I finally caved and bought this sequal to the last terrible poopgame I played for years.

Signed up for the GGS. :getin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
So anyway, this happened a couple of turns ago in noobgame...

And the battle footage:
https://vimeo.com/111901289

And assuming you don't want to sit through a 17 minute long battle, here's the crux of the issue

Yes, that is dozens of enlarged beetles and dragonflys blocking up everybody who could potentially kill Irminsul.

Mu.
Sep 15, 2003

The thing about Forevereal Modding Mu is that he loves editing files and wants others to download his permanent mods. Fully editing, rich text, altering files and loving it. Download his mods and enjoy it.
Here are the graphs from Benchu. The first lot only show the 4 players still playing (Patala, Pythium, Man, Midgard) and the second lot also include all the AI players and stalers.

http://imgur.com/a/KXR8I

I'm willing to declare AI Ragha the winner because gently caress that.

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

:v:

Treebro bestbro.

Seriously Irminisul is amazing jesus christ.

BurntCornMuffin
Jan 9, 2009

ChickenWing posted:

Treebro bestbro.

Seriously Irminisul is amazing jesus christ.

This, especially for Pangea. I've had an Irminsul tank an army of hundreds by repeatedly casting the song that entangles everyone for a while battle. Twice.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
Irm's the best immobile.

Until he does nothing but spam Swarm against shittons of tramplers for 20 turns instead of using Solar Rays over and over. Goddammit Irm. :argh:

Kiejzar
Mar 30, 2011

Mu. posted:

I wasn't sure whether to ask this here or the PGS thread, but does anybody actually want to keep playing in Benchu? It seems like the only people playing now are me (Patala), Midgard, Pythium and Man and of those Pythium just threw in the towel, which I don't really blame him for.

I've been enjoying the game but at this point all of my neighbours are either AI (Pangaea, Ulm, Lemuria and Ragha) or they're just perpetually staling (Jomon, Agartha). The one exception is Man, who I have been enjoying fighting, at least.

Yep, I am ready to concede defeat.
I was doing quite good in this game, until on the eve of the massive opening battle with Patala my god got eaten by horrors. And he was supposed to cast flaming arrows on my 250+ longbowmen. Without it they were not killing big monkeys fast enough, frontline troops were smashed by GfHs, thunderstriking communion underperformed and all communion slaves tired out and were slaughtered in a rout.
After that I thought it will be a good idea to summon lots of great eagles and whatever to attack rear. Lesson learned: fliers and archers do not work well together. Almost all were killed by friendly fire in trivial battle against PD. :suicide:
The second, decisive battle was going much better, until Patala's pretender showed up and started slaughtering everybody. Still,it was almost a draw.
I could probably hole in my capital for a year or something, and continue begging people to attack Patala, but everyone is either stalling or AI, so whats the point.
Thanks for game Mu, had fun.

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

God Bless.

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

God bless Ulmerica.

Boing
Jul 12, 2005

trapped in custom title factory, send help

Nanomashoes posted:

God bless Ulmerica.

I'm probably gonna lose but :allears:

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Boing posted:

I'm probably gonna lose but :allears:

mixed messages.png

Don't worry Boing, I'm pretty sure I can keep killing his armies of useless mooks till kingdom come

e: my kingdom, that is

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

Hmmm, since I played D3 for years, I decided to just jump into a game or two and learn the hard only way to play Dom4. But, I can't seem to connect to the servers for the games. Any ideas why I'm not connecting? I'm not receiving any error messages other than "check your IP address and port are correct."

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

You need a new brainwrinkle.

Absum
May 28, 2013

Slaan posted:

Hmmm, since I played D3 for years, I decided to just jump into a game or two and learn the hard only way to play Dom4. But, I can't seem to connect to the servers for the games. Any ideas why I'm not connecting? I'm not receiving any error messages other than "check your IP address and port are correct."

The server for prototype isn't up yet as far as I know and the thanksgiving thing is a placeholder until someone hosts for walgreets.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

Ah, okay. I was used to the servers being up immediately once someone posted a game in Dom3. So that makes since.

Absum
May 28, 2013

The server will normally be up fairly soon after the game is posted, but these two are both hosting for the first time and one is even trying out his own server so I dunno how it's gonna go.

MPLS to NOLA
Aug 14, 2010

i gotta little trigger
twitchin in my brain
and when that doesn't start
there's murder in my heart
Hi Slaan the thanksgiving game won't start til it's full, and there are 2ish ongoing games for new people right now, so it could be many days, even weeks. However: an exciting opportunity has presented itself! The player PxiePip (MA Vanheim) in newb game missed the deadline for their first turn, and i think we should replace them. Will you fill the boots? get on irc

Edit: the slot has been filled, by its original slot-holder, at least temporarily. Happy thanksgiving.

MPLS to NOLA fucked around with this message at 07:35 on Nov 16, 2014

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

Event modding manual released
http://www.illwinter.com/dom4/manual_eventmodding.pdf

Captain Diarrhoea
Apr 16, 2011
Are there any nice map packs around?

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth
It's going to be cool seeing what modders will do with event modding. So many possibilities.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

Finally! Back to my mod project, work can progress, update soon, blablablah

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer
That is a mind-bendingly large amount of things you can do with event modding.

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer
Using the wonders of event modding, the mod at least one person has probably been waiting for: Very minor repopulation for non-domkill nations' provinces at <100 pop, provided you have growth scales and your own dominion in the province.

Means if you take a bunch of Ermorian/Asphodelsian/Lemurian/LA R'lyehian land, you will at least be able to put a point of PD up.

Located here. Is only a zip so it has an icon (I have too many mods without icons, I'm sure you guys are the same)

Neruz
Jul 23, 2012

A paragon of manliness
Yeah it looks like we can do all kinds of super clever things with event modding, really opens up some excellent gameplay options.

Boing
Jul 12, 2005

trapped in custom title factory, send help

Who would like some graphs for tooty ta? (No you can't see mine)

I think modpud is pretty good at this game guys

BurntCornMuffin
Jan 9, 2009

Boing posted:

Who would like some graphs for tooty ta? (No you can't see mine)

I think modpud is pretty good at this game guys

Even AI-pud continues to play well.

Werewhale
Aug 10, 2013

oops.gif

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

:haw:

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

OP material

garth ferengi
Dec 20, 2009

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth

Besieged by the nation of /r Atheism.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

How are u posted:

Besieged by the nation of /r Atheism.

someone spritemod the sceptics to have fedoras

tia

TastyLemonDrops
Aug 6, 2008

you said "drop kick" fyi
What's the best way to go about getting a blood economy up and running?

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Collect blood slaves with blood mages.

That's about it. Look for provinces with more than 7k people and either put in lots of blood mages + a patrolling army (if you don't want to keep the province population) or hunt with three guys till the unrest goes red and then move somewhere else for a bit. Reinvest slaves in sanguine dowsing rods.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer
Wow. Just wow. Every time I go "I can do this", #nomodscrew keeps loving me over even more.

-Starting inside a giant swamp? Check.
-Having one of my connections be a throne with 300+ units and an Annunaki of the Sky? Check.
-Having another connection with heavy cavalry in it? Check.
-Having another player spawn closer/right atop a bunch of farmlands next to me? Check.

Only with the caves did the RNG gently caress up with loving me over: Elves come with 50% darkvision, so a couple of Zotz aren't really a problem.

The best part? I wanted to make sure I had enough gold and ressources for my expensive elves (well, mostly gold of course), so I went with a scales-heavy build. Which is handily neutralized by all provinces close to me being utter poo poo. Fun times! :suicide:

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

O Muhammad, I seek your intercession with my Lord for the return of my eyesight
have you seen the thing boing has where theres two connections on his capital, one of which is a dead end cave and the other is a throne? hes got you beat probably

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer
You're loving TNN, your Fir Bolg are going to murder EA cav and trash like indie zotz, nimm dich zusammen.

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

:v:

Libluini posted:

Wow. Just wow. Every time I go "I can do this", #nomodscrew keeps loving me over even more.

-Starting inside a giant swamp? Check.
-Having one of my connections be a throne with 300+ units and an Annunaki of the Sky? Check.
-Having another connection with heavy cavalry in it? Check.
-Having another player spawn closer/right atop a bunch of farmlands next to me? Check.

Only with the caves did the RNG gently caress up with loving me over: Elves come with 50% darkvision, so a couple of Zotz aren't really a problem.

The best part? I wanted to make sure I had enough gold and ressources for my expensive elves (well, mostly gold of course), so I went with a scales-heavy build. Which is handily neutralized by all provinces close to me being utter poo poo. Fun times! :suicide:

Heh that's hilarious. I didn't mark that area as nostart because without the throne it wouldn't actually be that bad.

RIP ponies.

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

ChickenWing posted:

Heh that's hilarious. I didn't mark that area as nostart because without the throne it wouldn't actually be that bad.

RIP ponies.

Without the throne it's still loving terrible because all of the provinces within 2 are probably poor as hell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samog
Dec 13, 2006
At least I'm not an 07.
jesus christ

• Locked thread