Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Keep looks like it's down for the moment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund
And Lo I saw a great beast, and upon its head lay a crown of poorly combed hair, and upon its back it had carved many runes and it spoke thusly as it opened its yawning mouth "Enchantment!"

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Imagine I said something deep here...

Lotish posted:

Keep looks like it's down for the moment.

It's working for me

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Hm. I wonder what's wrong on my end then?

Okay, works for me again. I was getting a 500 error, but close the window and opening it again fixed it.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat
It looks like the Keep updated. it has a nice little tutorial that is really cool, and I don't know what else. I haven't been on the keep in a few days since it crashed while I was making my runthrough.

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich
I'm hoping my bugged save stays good until I can import it before it gets fixed.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
Have to say, I'm bored of the mage/templar thing and I'm not thrilled that it's one of the big issues we have to decide in DAI according to the leak. Both sides were reasonable with a couple assholes in DAO, both sides were assholes with a couple moderates in DA2, and I really doubt Bioware's going to come up with a new, emotionally engaging spin on it in DAI. The subject has been pretty thoroughly hashed out and I wish Bioware had decided to go with a different conflict, one that hasn't been beaten to death, for that part. At least the other three big issues seem interesting.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

One significant update some people may have missed was the Oghren got moved from the Awakening tab to the Companions tab, but that may have reset things like patching up his relationship with his girlfriend and the "nugget." If you care about Oghren, you may want to double check your state(s).

Cythereal posted:

Have to say, I'm bored of the mage/templar thing and I'm not thrilled that it's one of the big issues we have to decide in DAI according to the leak. Both sides were reasonable with a couple assholes in DAO, both sides were assholes with a couple moderates in DA2, and I really doubt Bioware's going to come up with a new, emotionally engaging spin on it in DAI. The subject has been pretty thoroughly hashed out and I wish Bioware had decided to go with a different conflict, one that hasn't been beaten to death, for that part. At least the other three big issues seem interesting.

They've said that the Mage-Templar thing is something you resolve "early on." How many hours in, I dunno, but it's not something that will haunt you the whole game. There is a different conflict to resolve, but that's spoilers.

Enigmatic Cakelord
Jun 16, 2006

ASARI EYEBROWS

Minor story beat spoilers. It's the context for a song on the soundtrack.

Singquisition! God, I love you Bioware, you cheesy fucks. Also, Corinne Kempa (Leliana) has a nice singing voice, don't know why they had Aubrey dub over her in Origins

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat
If you let Zevran live, what reason would you NOT let Idunna live, ingame logically? Idunna's the chick who mind controlled you in Dragon Age 2.

They both try to kill you. And you caught them both out on it.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

How the hell do I sync my console Hawke with dragon age keep? I just read that in order to get the customize option you need a previously recognized save for it. I have no loving clue here.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Flopsy posted:

How the hell do I sync my console Hawke with dragon age keep? I just read that in order to get the customize option you need a previously recognized save for it. I have no loving clue here.

I don't think you CAN synch. All the Keep does is MAYBE read some of your achievements off of the Origin cheevos that you've gained.

Enigmatic Cakelord
Jun 16, 2006

ASARI EYEBROWS

Zevran is willing to face something that could potentially end the world and didn't have a whole lot of choice about who he was up until you show him mercy. Idunna is a blood mage that willfully bought into some power tripping mage supremacy garbage. Also, Hawke and the Warden aren't the same, don't make choices like they are, I guess?

Eddain
May 6, 2007

Drifter posted:

If you let Zevran live, what reason would you NOT let Idunna live, ingame logically? Idunna's the chick who mind controlled you in Dragon Age 2.

There really is no reason besides metagame knowledge that Zevran was a companion option.

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

Drifter posted:

Zevran's a hot dude

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

Drifter posted:

lady tried to make me slit my own throat. gently caress her.

noone gets to use the murderknife on somebody but me!!!!

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

Enigmatic Cakelord posted:

Zevran is willing to face something that could potentially end the world and didn't have a whole lot of choice about who he was up until you show him mercy. Idunna is a blood mage that willfully bought into some power tripping mage supremacy garbage. Also, Hawke and the Warden aren't the same, don't make choices like they are, I guess?

Just ignore Drifter and the other goons who get all worked up about Zevran. They get really mad that the Literal Best Companion tries to kill them, and how they totally are right to just murder him without listening to him pleading for his life.

It's really dumb that they get all worked up about it too, because there are plenty of good reasons to not slit his throat while he's unconscious like so many of them say you should. The biggest being that he's a line to Loghain and could be used for that, at least as far as you know. But nope, he tried to kill us, that means the only right option is to slit his throat :downs: if you disagree with us on this you're metagaming :downs:

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Zevran is a resource and you can gently caress him why on earth would you kill him. You can't gently caress his ghost or anything.

Enigmatic Cakelord posted:

Minor story beat spoilers. It's the context for a song on the soundtrack.

Singquisition! God, I love you Bioware, you cheesy fucks. Also, Corinne Kempa (Leliana) has a nice singing voice, don't know why they had Aubrey dub over her in Origins

Hahaha that super glossy beard

Enigmatic Cakelord
Jun 16, 2006

ASARI EYEBROWS

KittyEmpress posted:

Just ignore Drifter and the other goons who get all worked up about Zevran. They get really mad that the Literal Best Companion tries to kill them, and how they totally are right to just murder him without listening to him pleading for his life.

It's really dumb that they get all worked up about it too, because there are plenty of good reasons to not slit his throat while he's unconscious like so many of them say you should. The biggest being that he's a line to Loghain and could be used for that, at least as far as you know. But nope, he tried to kill us, that means the only right option is to slit his throat :downs: if you disagree with us on this you're metagaming :downs:

Oh, I thought it was a legit question. Should have known better.

Opposing Farce
Apr 1, 2010

Ever since our drop-off service, I never read a book.
There's always something else around, plus I owe the library nineteen bucks.

Drifter posted:

Because I played the Warden as a relatively-merciful, generally amicable rogue with a soft spot for outlaws and I played Hawke as a violent, single-minded sociopath who chose to kill pretty much everybody when given the option.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

oatgan posted:

Zevran is a resource and you can gently caress him why on earth would you kill him. You can't gently caress his ghost or anything.

Hahaha that super glossy beard

I can't tell if that a rendering error or if its actually working as intended.

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

cheesetriangles posted:

I can't tell if that a rendering error or if its actually working as intended.

probably 360 or ps3

Enigmatic Cakelord
Jun 16, 2006

ASARI EYEBROWS

^^^
Or this.

It's a rendering error, there aren't any drivers for DAI yet.

Eddain
May 6, 2007
Aren't most of these videos from the Xbox EA Early Access? The graphics look pretty meh. I hope they're a lot better on PC.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

KittyEmpress posted:

:downs:

What the gently caress are you on about? I was wondering if in the Keep I should let Idunna live or not and I didn't really remember the scene. Jesus.

Drifter fucked around with this message at 03:19 on Nov 16, 2014

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Drifter posted:

I don't think you CAN synch. All the Keep does is MAYBE read some of your achievements off of the Origin cheevos that you've gained.

Dude I keep seeing pictures of people who got the thing to recognize their warden and their Hawke. Maybe they're working off a PC I dunno...I'm just tired... this is a whole lot more work than I'd like and I really have no clue what to do here.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Flopsy posted:

Dude I keep seeing pictures of people who got the thing to recognize their warden and their Hawke. Maybe they're working off a PC I dunno...I'm just tired... this is a whole lot more work than I'd like and I really have no clue what to do here.

A lot of that info is given through the those cheevos and poo poo that bioware uploads to origin through the game.

Halman
Feb 10, 2007

What's the...Rush?

KittyEmpress posted:

:words: About how mages don't totally got it coming

Get out of here with your Magist propaganda Kitty, here in the own zone we're working for a mage-free future.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

I'm gonna sound really dumb I guess but what's an origin cheevo? Even better can you give me a link?

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

Halman posted:

Get out of here with your Magist propaganda Kitty, here in the own zone we're working for a mage-free future.

If I get the chance, I'm gonna bomb another chantry establishment.

croutonZA
Jan 5, 2011

Eddain posted:

Aren't most of these videos from the Xbox EA Early Access? The graphics look pretty meh. I hope they're a lot better on PC.

I imagine the 360 and PS3 versions would've leaked by now, so I expect many videos from people with modded consoles.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Flopsy posted:

I'm gonna sound really dumb I guess but what's an origin cheevo? Even better can you give me a link?

they're just like Steam game achievements but on Origin (or directly ingame), and earlier during the first dragon age and mass effect, through a different Bioware website that later got migrated into Origin proper.

I just didn't want to spell out achievement.

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

croutonZA posted:

I imagine the 360 and PS3 versions would've leaked by now, so I expect many videos from people with modded consoles.

Huh, you're right. Those versions have indeed leaked.

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
My DA2 tapestry now looks like the khmer rouge scoreboard. I just want to deal with as little of the poo poo that went on in that game as possible. With the exception of skeleton mom, it was all just so unmemorable.

ditty bout my clitty fucked around with this message at 03:31 on Nov 16, 2014

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Drifter posted:

they're just like Steam game achievements but on Origin (or directly ingame), and earlier during the first dragon age and mass effect, through a different Bioware website that later got migrated into Origin proper.

I just didn't want to spell out achievement.

Alright, well maybe I'm asking for the impossible here and if I am then I'll just drop it. But is there a way i can get some comprehensive information on the subject? I'm having a guy come over to hook me up and last time I had very little to offer up in the way of help. Basically what can and can't be done here. I have an Xbox 360 and I can't afford to buy an Xbox one so that's how it is.

Gasoline
Jul 31, 2008

Drifter posted:

The only other option is to give her up to the Templars, which makes killing her arguably the better outcome.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Gasoline posted:

The only other option is to give her up to the Templars, which makes killing her arguably the better outcome.

She would have theoretically been stilled, yes? Sounds like fun.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Flopsy posted:

Alright, well maybe I'm asking for the impossible here and if I am then I'll just drop it. But is there a way i can get some comprehensive information on the subject? I'm having a guy come over to hook me up and last time I had very little to offer up in the way of help. Basically what can and can't be done here. I have an Xbox 360 and I can't afford to buy an Xbox one so that's how it is.
You're not asking the impossible but you've already gotten an answer. Maybe this is clearer than I was?

quote:

[–]BioWare Web DeveloperJustinsWorking 41 points 2 months ago

Okay let's try to clarify this if we can :)

There is Information on BSN that we can get if you have linked your accounts properly up with origin.

The character model is not something we could extract.

Separate from that we have access to a tiny picture which is the characters headshot from the game.

In summary we can get the headshot picture, the name, and the class/race/gender of the hero. I really hope that helps, let me know if there is a specific question I can answer to clarify any confusion.

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

Drifter posted:

She would have theoretically been stilled, yes? Sounds like fun.

The future viscount of Kirkwall, everybody.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

AnimeJune posted:

EXACTLY! And if abominations were so freaking common and happened all the time, Tevinter would be a smoking crater in the ground by now, don't you think?

Nations like Tevinter - corrupt cesspools where mages make everyone suffer - make a good argument for the Circle, an institution which (in THEORY) is there to train mages to resist demons and develop magic to serve the nation as well as protect them from the superstitious public. But in practice it's putting the mages under the power of an institution that misunderstands, fears and hates them. It'd be like sending your kid to Hogwarts where Mr. Dursley is the Headmaster. A Circle works only as well as its Templars do. If you have Templars who understand magic, are personally invested in the safety of the mages, and listen to their concerns, then yeah, sure, the Circle is an awesome alternative to letting your kid accidentally summon a sex demon. But when 90% of your new Templar hires are Andrastian fundies, the Circle becomes a prison.

Unfortunately, Gaider knew the Templars automatically come off as morally worse, so he overcompensated by making nearly every mage a timebomb so people wouldn't immediately reject them. Even he admitted he went too far and ended up making everyone assholes instead of morally complex.

Just to make things worse, EA demanded another boss, so Orsino had blood magic tacked onto him at the last minute instead of a personality.

• Locked thread