Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

DookieSandwich posted:

Heres that JGSDF video that Yukari's voice actress narrates. It features the Type 10!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wBq_VbRmBlg

I want this translated so bad. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer
I just started watching this with White Zinfandel and friends. How am I doing so far at episode two?

Command Ant
Aug 9, 2010

I can make you
worth your weight
in gold!

Herr Tog posted:

I just started watching this with White Zinfandel and friends. How am I doing so far at episode two?

Pretty good. Keep it up, and you should be done with the series by episode 12.

The Monkey Man
Jun 10, 2012

HERD U WERE TALKIN SHIT

DookieSandwich posted:

Heres that JGSDF video that Yukari's voice actress narrates. It features the Type 10!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wBq_VbRmBlg

Yukari also narrated a Japanese trailer for the Brad Pitt movie "Fury," but it got taken down really quickly.

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
got something in the mail today!

I dont think they are merchandizing hard enough. Just about everything GuP still sells out so there is still demand they arent meeting.

Fauxtool fucked around with this message at 13:23 on Nov 16, 2014

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

so does this movie exist or what

Zettace
Nov 30, 2009
The movie is a planned 2015 summer release.

aers
Feb 15, 2012

The TV show planned to air on time and we all know how that turned out.

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Also good Caesar Art:

SPQO

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

i thought the 40 minute ova was the movie

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
No the movie is a movie.

moosecow333
Mar 15, 2007

Super-Duper Supermen!
A friend recommended me this anime on the grounds that I've written my dissertation on World War II tanks, and he wanted to see my response to the show (I also never watch anime, so I guess he figured this would be a good way for me to cut my teeth)

I started it up expecting to spend the first two episodes tearing into it and then stopping, but two days later I've finished the entire thing. I have to say I am very impressed with what they managed to pull of with this show and I think I'll definitely be keeping my eyes peeled for another season or something.

I was really worried that the tanks would stay as... 'stylized' as they were in the first battle, but I'm really glad that they reverted them back to their original paint schemes.

(History Team really is the best team)

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

moosecow333 posted:

A friend recommended me this anime on the grounds that I've written my dissertation on World War II tanks, and he wanted to see my response to the show (I also never watch anime, so I guess he figured this would be a good way for me to cut my teeth)

I started it up expecting to spend the first two episodes tearing into it and then stopping, but two days later I've finished the entire thing. I have to say I am very impressed with what they managed to pull of with this show and I think I'll definitely be keeping my eyes peeled for another season or something.

I was really worried that the tanks would stay as... 'stylized' as they were in the first battle, but I'm really glad that they reverted them back to their original paint schemes.

If you still want more I recommend the fourth OVA (Kore ga Hontou no Anzio-sen Desu! / This is the Real Anzio Battle!). It shows their fight with the italian team.

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

Fuck the cowboys. Unf. Fuck em hard.

Kyte posted:

If you still want more I recommend the fourth OVA (Kore ga Hontou no Anzio-sen Desu! / This is the Real Anzio Battle!). It shows their fight with the italian team.
Anzio is the seventh OVA.

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Aleksei Vasiliev posted:

THEY'RE ALL GOOD AND SHOULD BE WATCHED

Command Ant
Aug 9, 2010

I can make you
worth your weight
in gold!

moosecow333 posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BvTGMd2HLCQ

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

Aleksei Vasiliev posted:

poo poo I'm missing a ton of them then.

VictualSquid
Feb 29, 2012

Gently enveloping the target with indiscriminate love.

Aleksei Vasiliev posted:

Does this count the tank corners as separate OVAs?

The Monkey Man
Jun 10, 2012

HERD U WERE TALKIN SHIT

tonberrytoby posted:

No, it's counting all the short bits on the Blu-Rays as separate OVAs, not the Tank Corner segments.

Have any of those been translated, by the way? I could listen to Yukari sperg about tanks for hours and was bummed that they weren't on the NA version.

Quirkk
Sep 1, 2012

tonberrytoby posted:

Nope. The first 6 OVAs are Water War, Survival War, School Ship War, Anglerfish War, Snow War and Banquet War. Then there's the full length Anzio OVA. The tank corners are a separate thing and I think there's 8 of them. Then there's a huge load of other little bits of bollocks from the DVDs that no one could ever care about.

e: The tank corners have been translated, they're just difficult to find.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
The first 6 OVAs are mostly fanservice though, so you might want to skip them except for OVA 2, which has a hilarious cameo of sorts, and OVA 6 (IIRC), which is about the girls celebrating their victory with a series of stage shows.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
Pretty much everything GuP is available from /ak/'s wiki.

(Btw what's the policy on linking to subs and scanlations? I don't recall seeing anything about it in the FAQ but I might be missing something critical)

Zettace
Nov 30, 2009
It's the second rule, dude.

quote:

No torrents or direct links to material you can either purchase in the US or see on US TV.
This means that it's ok to have links to anime and manga that is out in Japan right now, but remove your links and don't post new ones once you can get the title in the US. You will be banned if you post links to stuff available in the US. If there is a special case where, for instance, you have an ancient VHS copy of a show that will never again see the light of day, ask a mod first. Please note that this does include online streaming of shows!

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
Right, I'm blind.

Kyte fucked around with this message at 21:10 on Nov 20, 2014

moosecow333
Mar 15, 2007

Super-Duper Supermen!
I was gonna say, I was really impressed with the whole 'We're not gonna stick our characters into skimpy clothing because...' thing they had going on. Right until the first two OVA where things got weird.

On one hand I'm not too mad because the main series was so good, but I wanted more tank combat in my OVAs not bathing suit frolicking.
:qqsay:

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
The only ones I remember are the celebration episode and the one where they're walking around in the snow. I think one was also about them exploring the ship?? And of course the Anzio episode, though that's more or less in its own category anyway.

HellCopter
Feb 9, 2012
College Slice
There was that out-of-left field Monty Python reference, which made me laugh enough to forgive any number of swimsuits.

The Monkey Man
Jun 10, 2012

HERD U WERE TALKIN SHIT
The idea of tank-themed swimsuits makes up for all the fanservice. Although that first OVA's animation was ridiculously phoned-in.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
The skit with the Panzer Rangers was pretty gold as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ue4S0TAzFXU

Desuwa
Jun 2, 2011

I'm telling my mommy. That pubbie doesn't do video games right!
The first OVA really turned me off and I was planning to leave the rest of them until the movie was out.

But on a whim I opened this thread and saw the positive reactions to the Anzio OVA and I just finished watching it. It was really good and I'm glad I didn't leave it for months for no good reason.

They're definitely the most fun school.

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

Just started watching this amazing show again. Immediately downloaded the voice and music packs for World of Tanks. :pcgaming:

moosecow333
Mar 15, 2007

Super-Duper Supermen!
I would like to see an infograph of just how many people this show has pushed to start, or re-start, World of Tanks.

Mao
Apr 18, 2007

moosecow333 posted:

I would like to see an infograph of just how many people this show has pushed to start, or re-start, World of Tanks.

+1, also installed voice packs.

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

moosecow333 posted:

It inspired me to save up and buy a tank

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

moosecow333 posted:

If I had the time I would still be playing. :sigh:

Desuwa
Jun 2, 2011

I'm telling my mommy. That pubbie doesn't do video games right!
It got me into World of Tanks. Currently not playing because my desktop computer which is capable of playing it is in another country until I find an apartment. The third campaign is on right now and I just watched the Anzio OVA so I actually really want to play again for the first time in a few months after taking a break.

Dammit.

I never installed the voice packs but I did have the full line of St. Gloriana and Saunders skins.

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

Do you feel like a hero yet?
When I was playing WoT last, I did have the GuP orchestral music replace the usual OST. The battle / tension music in the series is really good.

Itzena
Aug 2, 2006

Nothing will improve the way things currently are.
Slime TrainerS

moosecow333 posted:

That was actually quite cleverly done - give the tanks flashy, individual "camo" for the first match so the viewers have an easier time of matching characters to tanks, then put them back to normal for the rest of the series once everyone's up to speed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

L-O-N
Sep 13, 2004

Pillbug
Bought the American Blu-Ray, and the video quality is great, but I was saddened that the Katyusha scene isn't present. Is it present in the Japanese Blu-Ray?

• Locked thread