Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pwnz0r
Sep 21, 2005
I had a druid porting me so I was pretty blessed, although as an iksar I was able to run in and buy all the materials I needed(even from the underground freeport guilds a iksar monk was dubious so I sneak bought) for the gather shadow spells. I thought wc/ec would be a good idea, but even that is annoying as hell so I imagine if your on blue someone has those dead already? On red, I went straight back to sro and killed every spider in sight, and had enough silk for 10x combines by my like 8th kill. Not sure if its just bad luck, or something annoyingly lame but I had a tailor friend with 140 FAIL the first combine I gave him. I could not believe it. Then for me to fail a trivial 36 as it says on the wiki 3 times iirc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pilsner
Nov 23, 2002

Here's version 3 of my map tool:

Tool: http://www.zlizeq.com/Files/ZlizEQP1999Map-v3.zip
Source code: http://www.zlizeq.com/Files/ZlizEQP1999Map-v3-Source.zip
Readme: http://www.zlizeq.com/Files/ZlizEQP1999Map-Readme.html

New features:
  • Fixed incorrectly named Everfrost map.
  • Added alternative map for Trakanon's Teeth, useful for pursuing the Forager/Hunter cycle.
  • Moved active char label to window title.
  • Added Opacity (transparency) slider (minimum value is 10% to prevent the window from being lost).
  • Added the ability to make the application always-on-top (check the "AOT" checkbox at the bottom).
  • Added the ability to minimize the application to the system tray. The setting can be toggled under the Settings & Help form.
  • Added the ability to plot a waypoint on the current map. Enter a location in the textbox in the top right corner and click the Set WP button. Click it again to clear the waypoint. The waypoint will be shown with a small blue circle. The loc is in the format of Y,X and separated by a comma. Spaces will be trimmed, and both + and - in front of the numbers are accepted.
You will now be able to run around with the map as a transparent overlay. NOT CLASSIC! :ssj: I also implemented the suggested waypoint feature.

The only feature I have in the pipeline now is adding Velious maps, which will be an easy task and require no extra coding. Other feature suggestions are welcome.

Enjoy!

onesixtwo
Apr 27, 2014

Don't you realize that being nice just makes you get hurt?
Deleted my v2, downloaded v3, restarted computer, gave it a new folder (tried old folder), launch to an error:

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: CLR20r3
Problem Signature 01: ZlizEQP1999Map.exe
Problem Signature 02: 1.0.0.0
Problem Signature 03: 5468cffe
Problem Signature 04: System.Windows.Forms
Problem Signature 05: 4.0.30319.34209
Problem Signature 06: 53489a36
Problem Signature 07: 49f8
Problem Signature 08: 66
Problem Signature 09: System.ArgumentOutOfRange
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: 0a9e
Additional Information 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
Additional Information 3: 0a9e
Additional Information 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

Read our privacy statement online:
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=104288&clcid=0x0409

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

Running v2 again without issue

onesixtwo fucked around with this message at 19:10 on Nov 16, 2014

Pilsner
Nov 23, 2002

Ah dang, I had forgotten to take care of a missing setting in the .ini file, in case of an existing installation being there.

I've uploaded a fix on the same URL. :)

Xantares
Jul 25, 2006
I just don't know
Got the robe crafted with the help of a tailor for the shadow silk. Thus ends that chapter of some really boring camps. Definitely don't want to do it the hard way again.

onesixtwo
Apr 27, 2014

Xantares posted:

Got the robe crafted with the help of a tailor for the shadow silk. Thus ends that chapter of some really boring camps. Definitely don't want to do it the hard way again.

Definitely is one of the most annoying quests. I got really lucky on blue with my Monk's robe.. after setting up an xp group in lguk it only took two days of going there for him to spawn. I then walked into Solb as targain was killed, without any monks in that group.

On live I never saw Raster. I camped him for 40+ hours.. I would only wish that on a handful of people.

HEY VAPER
May 15, 2014

by XyloJW
I'll be coming back soon. I burned out after spending literally an entire week on my bard sitting in mistmoore without finding a single group or duo that lasted longer than 20 minutes. If I don't actually come back feel free to strip all of my gear or whatever yev. I'll probably just suck it up and swarm my way to 50, or suck it up and sell my bard's gear and actually play my druid.

onesixtwo
Apr 27, 2014

HEY VAPER posted:

I'll be coming back soon. I burned out after spending literally an entire week on my bard sitting in mistmoore without finding a single group or duo that lasted longer than 20 minutes. If I don't actually come back feel free to strip all of my gear or whatever yev. I'll probably just suck it up and swarm my way to 50, or suck it up and sell my bard's gear and actually play my druid.

MM has had 15+ pop for the last week, you picked the wrong month to not try!

also please come back

HEY VAPER
May 15, 2014

by XyloJW

onesixtwo posted:

MM has had 15+ pop for the last week, you picked the wrong month to not try!

also please come back

I quit my garbage job yesterday because one of my coworkers stole a bunch of poo poo out of my locker and the management was horribly incompetent, so until I find another garbage job, everquest it is :V

onesixtwo
Apr 27, 2014

Sounds lovely. Well, Kean and I have 30s alts atm, chanter / rogue. Deathstrokes (i dont know anyones SA name) rerolled to a wizard in the 40s, Rizen is somewhere with his chanter still maybe?

Point is we're here for your return baby :gay:

HEY VAPER
May 15, 2014

by XyloJW

onesixtwo posted:

Sounds lovely. Well, Kean and I have 30s alts atm, chanter / rogue. Deathstrokes (i dont know anyones SA name) rerolled to a wizard in the 40s, Rizen is somewhere with his chanter still maybe?

Point is we're here for your return baby :gay:

I'll give up on real life and come back to fantasy gay elfland tomorrow ;)

insulated staircase
Aug 21, 2014

Leaderboard is manipulatable. You can get points for dueling level 10s.

I personally don't give a poo poo about it but I'd afk some bards to provide points for you.

Goon Project?!

HEY VAPER
May 15, 2014

by XyloJW
Ok I'm still not finding groups. If anyone has a low 20's character and you want to exp let me know and I'll get on.

MooselanderII
Feb 18, 2004

HEY VAPER posted:

Ok I'm still not finding groups. If anyone has a low 20's character and you want to exp let me know and I'll get on.

Check after 7 PM eastern. MM was consistently packed after that time last week.

Yevea, my wizard Coolbert just hit 46. Can I get an EL invite? Thanks.

onesixtwo
Apr 27, 2014

Pilsner posted:

Ah dang, I had forgotten to take care of a missing setting in the .ini file, in case of an existing installation being there.

I've uploaded a fix on the same URL. :)

I've had this happen a couple times with v3. I'm not certain if it's specific to FV or not, i'll pay better attention if it happens again.

http://i.imgur.com/dwXmH2Q.png

"See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at ZlizEQP1999Map.ZlizEQP1999MapForm.picBox_Paint(Object sender, PaintEventArgs e) in E:\Alexander\Software Projects\ZlizEQP1999Map\ZlizEQP1999Map\Forms\ZlizEQP1999MapForm.cs:line 382
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnPaint(PaintEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.PictureBox.OnPaint(PaintEventArgs pe)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.PaintWithErrorHandling(PaintEventArgs e, Int16 layer)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmPaint(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.34209 built by: FX452RTMGDR
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
ZlizEQP1999Map
Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/aaron/Desktop/maps/ZlizEQP1999Map.exe
System.Windows.Forms
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System.Drawing
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.34238 built by: FX452RTMGDR
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
HtmlRenderer.WinForms
Assembly Version: 1.5.0.5
Win32 Version: 1.5.0.5
CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/aaron/Desktop/maps/HtmlRenderer.WinForms.DLL
HtmlRenderer
Assembly Version: 1.5.0.5
Win32 Version: 1.5.0.5
CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/aaron/Desktop/maps/HtmlRenderer.DLL
System.Core
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box."

MrTheDevious
May 7, 2006

Ahh nostalgia, you cruel bitch
Hi I got tired of LFG personally so I found a solution. If you're also sick of P99 (lack of low level) group opportunities, you too can escape them and I'm here to tell you how!

First, download VirtualBox (or any other VM software you care to DL and use) from here:

https://www.virtualbox.org/wiki/Downloads

Then install/download/whatever some version of Windows OS. Install it onto a new VM inside of Vbox/Vmware, whatever.

At this point, you should have a fresh Windows install inside of a virtual machine running. Now you want to copy over all your EQ directory files into that VM.

Once you have 2 copies of your EQ folder, you're ready to not hate life! You're one step away from leveling as you wish! Next, leave your normal install alone, do everything inside the VM version of Windows. Download and install http://www.hotspotshield.com/ then fire it up and BAM, 2nd EQ client that isn't traceable at all. Now you have a 2box with no chance of being banned. You can 2box via this method as much as you want, because there's no technical way of detecting it unless a GM shows up. Seeing as nobody gives a poo poo on P99 until you hit the raid levels, you can go nuts.

Congrats, P99 isn't as awful anymore until you hit raid level, when it becomes just as awful again!

Arakan
May 10, 2008

After some persuasion, Fluttershy finally opens up, and Twilight's more than happy to oblige in doing her best performance as a nice, obedient wolf-puppy.
That works for red but you might get caught on blue since GM's actually go on that server and people will snitch you out. Red is kind of a don't ask don't tell situation since you really need boxing for ports and stuff, so the GM's let it go.

MrTheDevious
May 7, 2006

Yeah don't be a clueless moron trying to 2box in a group, it's for solo only so you're not relegated to sitting around doing nothing when you can't find a group. My post just gets you past the technical barriers...if you're still stupid, they'll catch you regardless.

If you want to be extra-safe, I posted a free version of IsBoxer in the EQ Live thread a long time ago you can find via that thread. You can make it run figure 8's or whatever pretty easily. At no point should anyone try any of this in a group though

Pilsner
Nov 23, 2002

LOL @ Kodaji hacking.

onesixtwo posted:

I've had this happen a couple times with v3. I'm not certain if it's specific to FV or not, i'll pay better attention if it happens again.

http://i.imgur.com/dwXmH2Q.png

"See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.
I actually fixed that, another goon PM'd me that crash report. Simply download v3 again and it will have an updated .exe and .pdb file.

It happened in the case that the first /loc you did in a zone was off the map. I've now taken care of it (I can blame a code refactoring), and if your loc is off the map, it will show the red circle in the top left corner of the map.

MrTheDevious
May 7, 2006

Haha I'm not hacking you sack of poo poo, just evening the odds for people who don't want to spend forever getting somewhere~

PS I love your map prog and am going to add some C# to it to enable translucent-clickthrough overlay this weekend because I already have the code for it from League, but I'll post source for you first!

Edit - for people who don't follow the EQ thread (everyone) and have no idea, me and Pilsner are friends and just loving with each other, you can still 2box with my instructions no problem without banning or whatever

MrTheDevious fucked around with this message at 09:57 on Nov 19, 2014

iNteg
Dec 17, 2007

MrTheDevious posted:

Haha I'm not hacking you sack of poo poo, just evening the odds for people who don't want to spend forever getting somewhere~

PS I love your map prog and am going to add some C# to it to enable translucent-clickthrough overlay this weekend because I already have the code for it from League, but I'll post source for you first!

Edit - for people who don't follow the EQ thread (everyone) and have no idea, me and Pilsner are friends and just loving with each other, you can still 2box with my instructions no problem without banning or whatever

LOL Kodaji. You scumbag, I've missed you. just the fact that you're playing p99 again makes me wanna come play my rogue more, but I probably wont because loving hell i'm so sick of this game.

HEY VAPER
May 15, 2014

by XyloJW
Hey yevea and kean, I got my bard to 30 tonight, that's high enough to group with your guys' enchanter and rogue right? This class just got a whole lot more fun.

onesixtwo
Apr 27, 2014

HEY VAPER posted:

Hey yevea and kean, I got my bard to 30 tonight, that's high enough to group with your guys' enchanter and rogue right? This class just got a whole lot more fun.

Definitely is. They're both either 34 or 32.

Sorry I never came back to keep buffing lastnight, got distracted and forgot.

tyler is a joke
Apr 28, 2013

Ok, new unemployment project: Figure out how to get a copy of EverQuest Titanium and get on this P1999 train.

Are most Something Awful Forum Users on Blue or Red?

I'm planning on rolling a human monk in Qeynos unless that's a terrible idea. I would also consider a halfling of some sort as well, possibly rogue or druid.

onesixtwo
Apr 27, 2014

tyler is a joke posted:

Ok, new unemployment project: Figure out how to get a copy of EverQuest Titanium and get on this P1999 train.

I'm planning on rolling a human monk in Qeynos unless that's a terrible idea. I would also consider a halfling of some sort as well, possibly rogue or druid.

There is kinda a mix of blue and red goons. Most the Red goons are spread out now, some are still in SLAMDUNKATRON, some are in Eternal Light (for now?) and other are scattered elsewhere.

Re: EL news, which has yet to reach the p99 propaganda machine known as the forums.. Something happened lastnight and I'm not quite certain the extent or what it eventually means. Near every EL officer and tryhard basically just left the guild, and are forming their own new, self described hardcore-neckbeard guild. I was approached about this and told it was going to be a 'ask darkhorn to step down, as he's a very inexperienced leader' and agreed it would be a good idea. I then learned lastnight as they told him about it in an officer meeting, that they were planning to disband and begin recruiting for their own brand new entity.

This is more annoying, in that it was brought up in the same meeting when Darkhorn mentioned he was going to start inviting Azrael members outright that wanted to leave Lite behind for good.

So, the guild choices on Red are now officially:

1) SLMADUNKATRON, for social and leveling needs amongst goons and friends to goons
2) Eternal Light, which is getting a new name, because Darkhorn doesn't want to be associated with being an AZ feeder anymore with its new ex-Azrael heavy member base. Ironic, truly.
3) WhateverthisnewEx-EL-HardCore-Guild is going to be called. There are really good people going into this, but gently caress
4) Holocaust, for when you just don't give a gently caress and want to afk on raids every sunday.
5) God's Work, whatever the hell they are doing other than killing everyone and anyone now, they recently split from their holo alliance because why not.

politics!

tyler is a joke
Apr 28, 2013

Quick question: Does Duxa's installer still work and is all the info in the OP still up-to-date?

onesixtwo
Apr 27, 2014

tyler is a joke posted:

Quick question: Does Duxa's installer still work and is all the info in the OP still up-to-date?

Yes, Duxa's installer still works and I highly recommend it.

Velious is still not (yet*) released.

The OP tbh I haven't read it, but probably. poo poo doesn't really change on p99 all that often, other than guilds and drama, as per my last post.

tyler is a joke
Apr 28, 2013

I used the manual install instructions just in case and managed to work just fine. I'm in now as a Human monk in Qeynos named Avalo. If anyone is currently in game let me know.

HEY VAPER
May 15, 2014

by XyloJW

tyler is a joke posted:

We're mostly on red. Queynos is a horrible idea because that whole side of antonica is dead, start in freeport.
<<<< LEVEL 30 CALL TO ARMS IF YOU HAVE A CHARACTER AROUND 30 GET ON NOW AND SEND A TELL TO ROBOCOP >>>>

MrTheDevious
May 7, 2006

iNteg posted:

LOL Kodaji. You scumbag, I've missed you. just the fact that you're playing p99 again makes me wanna come play my rogue more, but I probably wont because loving hell i'm so sick of this game.

Awwwwwwwww poo poo look at this loveable rear end in a top hat I miss! Come play P99 with me!

I don't think Blue has any sort of goon force now, which is sad cuz I had to join a lowbie guild which already blew up because of DRAMA. Keep thinking about rolling a new pair on Red just to have people to play with, but getting ganked in the least-balanced PVP game ever created makes me angry just to think about :mad:

nwin
Feb 25, 2002

make's u think

So besides camping Raster back on Live in 2001, tonight was easily the biggest waste of loving time I've ever spent in EQ. Thanks robocop for at least trying to get me in the group even though it didn't amount to poo poo. Just wish I would have kept my invite to the guk group instead of joining up with you guys in MM just to have it disband like 5 minutes later, then to find out that you had taken my original spot in the Guk group. loving :lol:

aparmenideanmonad
Jan 28, 2004
Balls to you and your way of mortal opinions - you don't exist anyway!
Fun Shoe
In no particular order:

There's lots of goons on blue but very little goon organization - people are spread out among the various guilds or just doing their own thing.

The OP is fairly up to date. I tend to remove anything that is flat out wrong and keep major changes to both servers and general goon status up at the top of the first post.

Human monk is a terrible idea unless you want to intentionally thumb your nose at powergamers, in which case, go for it. It's kind of like rolling a gnome warrior.

I love that EL drama. Nothing is funnier than p99 guild drama, whether it be red or blue, especially when it doesn't affect you.

I haven't even logged into devchat skype for Velious in two months so I have no new insight on when that poo poo is going to be done, but I can't see them putting it off much longer than the end of winter. The meat and potatoes have been done for awhile, it's just basically waiting on dessert at this point.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

I have a 32 red cleric I want to level, what time do you guys normally play?

Lakedaimon
Jan 11, 2007

hell yes finally got my Tear of Quellious for sky belt.

Fangthane
May 16, 2007
Be true, Unbeliever.
Stabbity is hovering around 35 right now. I haven't played this week because of school and having to work late. I'm down for any groups though, if I'm on. If anyone needs a rogue for anything feel free to send me a tell! Also thanks Pwnz0r for the Bone Razor!

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

onesixtwo posted:

So, the guild choices on Red are now officially:

1) SLMADUNKATRON, for social and leveling needs amongst goons and friends to goons
2) Eternal Light, which is getting a new name, because Darkhorn doesn't want to be associated with being an AZ feeder anymore with its new ex-Azrael heavy member base. Ironic, truly.
3) WhateverthisnewEx-EL-HardCore-Guild is going to be called. There are really good people going into this, but gently caress
4) Holocaust, for when you just don't give a gently caress and want to afk on raids every sunday.
5) God's Work, whatever the hell they are doing other than killing everyone and anyone now, they recently split from their holo alliance because why not.

politics!

precisely why I still just want to be in a goon guild: none of that drama.

eke out fucked around with this message at 07:59 on Nov 20, 2014

MrTheDevious
May 7, 2006

Any Blue goons in a sizeable guild want to toss me an invite? Just want green chat to talk with

gepgepgep
May 22, 2006

Lakedaimon posted:

hell yes finally got my Tear of Quellious for sky belt.
Awesome, turn it in for belt yet!? Such great stats on that thing for monks...their Sky loot is incredible.

Also, who is your monk and who do you raid with? (Seems like you came back to raid guild)

Cbear
Mar 22, 2005
Blue isn't dead as far as goons go. It appears a few of us are in Indignation or in the app process. They are a raiding guild opposed to a leveling guild. They seem great so far.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Funkutron5000
Jan 21, 2010
There are goons in TMO (myself and a few others), IB, and BDA as well (that I know of at least. I'm sure there are more in other guilds as well).

I can also suggest Forceful Entry if you want to go the class R route. Shinko is, if nothing else, entertaining as gently caress (I also think he's a good dude, though I'm sure some would disagree).

• Locked thread