Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TenaciousTomato
Jul 17, 2007

Interworld and the New Innocence
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B78iJV6Zw4w

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iNIxn5VrHlo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cBXrbBqZyF4

TenaciousTomato fucked around with this message at 22:41 on Nov 15, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spoils
Nov 2, 2012
This vid will be deleted soon but Kendrick on SnL live is 10x better than the studio version of I. Backing band is awesome
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HXzH1zt8H4w
same vid, different vid and better quality:https://vid.me/J39I

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
The hell is going on with his hair.

Also Jay Rock and him performing Pay For It.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/k2zkE4zacnUrBp9m6PR

Dexo fucked around with this message at 08:31 on Nov 16, 2014

Another Person
Oct 21, 2010

spoils posted:

This vid will be deleted soon but Kendrick on SnL live is 10x better than the studio version of I. Backing band is awesome
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HXzH1zt8H4w
same vid, different vid and better quality:https://vid.me/J39I

still a good song, was is and will be for a long time

I like the sound of it.

e; I am liking his hair actually, looks cool imo, it's different in a good way

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet

Another Person posted:

still a good song, was is and will be for a long time

I like the sound of it.

e; I am liking his hair actually, looks cool imo, it's different in a good way
Yeah I like it too. It is the kind of song that is listenable for a long time. I can throw on GKMC and play it front to back any day. I actually have to stop listening to albums sometimes because I might burn out on them.

It is sad that people can't like good music because it is different than the trends. As much poo poo people give Macklemore, Thrift Shop is a good song and should have been made sooner. The same can be said for Childish or Chance. They make slightly different, optimistic kind of music that isn't compatible with most of the stuff that's popular but stands up on its own. It is just stands alone. Time gon tell.

uG
Apr 23, 2003

by Ralp
Why would you mention Chance with loving gambino and Macklemore?

temple
Jul 29, 2006

uG posted:

Why would you mention Chance with loving gambino and Macklemore?
Because they go against the trends and make optimistic personal music. Did you read my post?

uG
Apr 23, 2003

by Ralp
Yes I think I just read that gambino makes music that stands on its own and thought I was posting in gbs for a minute

asap-salafi
May 5, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019
Chance makes optimistic music? Eh? Temple you been smoking crack again?

Another Person
Oct 21, 2010
Chance is like a sad man spinning his world to sound happy, that's what I get. Like he's trying to make the most of it. Also, drugs.

alansmithee
Jan 25, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

temple posted:

Yeah I like it too. It is the kind of song that is listenable for a long time. I can throw on GKMC and play it front to back any day. I actually have to stop listening to albums sometimes because I might burn out on them.

It is sad that people can't like good music because it is different than the trends. As much poo poo people give Macklemore, Thrift Shop is a good song and should have been made sooner. The same can be said for Childish or Chance. They make slightly different, optimistic kind of music that isn't compatible with most of the stuff that's popular but stands up on its own. It is just stands alone. Time gon tell.

I'm sorry, do you even bother to think about what you write? Like there's not one thing in what you said that is backed up by anything in reality whatsoever.

As for that Kendrick song, dudes don't like it because it's corny as hell. Lots of dudes don't care for pop rap. It's not because it's somehow groundbreaking, it's because it's usually dumbed down for mass consumption. "Cartoons & Cereal" was a song that went against trends, "I" is trying to follow them.

Macklemore won a grammy and sold like 100000000000 records, how are people not liking him? And how is "generic pop rap" somehow different from whatever "trends" you seem to be going on about? He's Vanilla Ice, and you see how well time looks upon his poo poo. Thrift Shop is a fun (if hypocritical and classist/mildly racist song), but it's also 100% pop. It's a worse version of something I would've expected to hear on Rhymesayers 5 years or so ago (worse from a rap perspective).

Chance gets praised like constantly around here (and everywhere). He's made all of 2 mixtapes, and dudes were all over both of them. And fwiw he's about 10x better at making good music than either of the other two clowns you mentioned. Like who is not liking him? I think the biggest complaint I heard about Acid Rap was that it was uneven (which it was).

And donglover isn't disliked because he's making music different from some nebulous "trends", it's because he sucks. When he's not making YMCMB ripoffs, he's whining about how people don't take him seriously, how his life is so hard, or whatever other nonsense he tries to put out. He seriously makes some of the mopiest, sorriest, self-pitying music around, where do you think his stuff is at all optimistic? When he first started and was literally a Lil Wayne cover act most people were just kinda like "ehh, he's whatever" because even though there was nothing special about his stuff, it was also unoffensive. It wasn't until he started making more "personal" music that rap listeners started making GBS threads on him because his whole idea in rap seemed to be the most unlikeable dude ever, without actually making good enough music to overcome that. Seriously you have this weird idea that people don't like donglover because they're brainwashed sheep or something. When the fact is he loving sucks. His music is entirely compatible and entirely derivative of other, better stuff. All he adds is an obnoxious personality.

You want slightly different, optimistic music? Rock the new Migos tape.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
A bit behind but those Busdriver and Hail Mary Mallon albums are both really solid. "Ego Death" especially.

HorseRenoir
Dec 25, 2011

Pillbug
I and Thrift Shop are both garbage songs for white midwestern moms who drive SUVs, but at least they both have a ~*positive message!*~

Also while I'm at it, some of those new Chance tracks he dropped with Social Experiment are indefensibly bad

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Gkmc is a great album and kendrick will definitely bring out another good release but i is badddd. Maybe people would like it better if it'd come out during the summer? It's very corny. Then again another TDE song, Man of the Year by Q, definitely felt like a summer jam but it came out like December and people still loved it

40 lbs to freedom
Apr 13, 2007

HorseRenoir posted:

I and Thrift Shop are both garbage songs for white midwestern moms who drive SUVs, but at least they both have a ~*positive message!*~

fwiw kendrick has explicitly said that 'i' is made for the people at the bottom of the bottom who need a message like that to keep going. believe him or dont but ive never known kendrick to lie about where his music is coming from. i personally hate the song because to me it sounds corny but my life is steady and im good with myself so i dont need a sugar-coated mantra telling me i love myself. so i dont like the song at all but i respect it i guess; i dont think its meant for white moms at all, the exact opposite actually.

anyways, heres this cool new ferg song that rules
https://www.audiomack.com/song/atrillidotnet/doe-active

Ana Lucia Cortez
Mar 22, 2008

Hey guys, I'm really getting into hip-hop lately, and have been listening to Kanye West quite obsessively. I wanted to ask if there are similar artists out there in terms of production, with a majestic, sweeping feel like MBDTF, songs like Jesus Walks, Diamonds in Sierra Leone, Power, All of the Lights, Lost in the World, etc. I guess I just like stuff that's dramatic and climactic with an 'epic' feel. I haven't heard much else like it, some Jay Z maybe. But my exposure to hip hop is fairly minimal. I'd love some recommendations.

Ana Lucia Cortez fucked around with this message at 21:49 on Nov 16, 2014

Robawesome
Jul 22, 2005

Ana Lucia Cortez posted:

Hey guys, I'm really getting into hip-hop lately, and have been listening to Kanye West quite obsessively. I wanted to ask if there are similar artists out there in terms of production, with a majestic, sweeping feel like MBDTF, songs like Jesus Walks, Diamonds in Sierra Leone, Power, All of the Lights, etc. I guess I just like stuff that's dramatic and climactic with an 'epic' feel. I haven't heard much else like it, some Jay Z maybe. But my exposure to hip hop is fairly minimal. I'd love some recommendations.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S8gfqs1-NuE

(Just a fairly "epic" song, not intended to say Meek Mill is on Ye's level)

spoils
Nov 2, 2012

40 lbs to freedom posted:

fwiw kendrick has explicitly said that 'i' is made for the people at the bottom of the bottom who need a message like that to keep going. believe him or dont but ive never known kendrick to lie about where his music is coming from. i personally hate the song because to me it sounds corny but my life is steady and im good with myself so i dont need a sugar-coated mantra telling me i love myself. so i dont like the song at all but i respect it i guess; i dont think its meant for white moms at all, the exact opposite actually.

lol at the idea of him making a positive song for those at their lowest (people sent him pics of them cutting themselves apparently and said how important his music is to them) and the hook goes "When you look at me what do you see *I love Myself!* I put the bullet in the back of the head of the police" Motivational alright

uG
Apr 23, 2003

by Ralp
Cam Ron puts out some epic poo poo, or used to

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=qgfZgBpDzPM Dipset - dipshits

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=76tBd1hfDFw Cam'ron - Welcome to New York City

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=v5ShjvAaRPE Dipset - War

A lot of Thug Motivation 101 has epic beats

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=FgXBAnduGrc Jeezy - TRAPSTAR

AoTP and Immortal Technique come with a lot of epic beats too but gently caress if it's not extremely draining listening to them rap

temple
Jul 29, 2006

alansmithee posted:

I'm sorry, do you even bother to think about what you write? Like there's not one thing in what you said that is backed up by anything in reality whatsoever.

As for that Kendrick song, dudes don't like it because it's corny as hell. Lots of dudes don't care for pop rap. It's not because it's somehow groundbreaking, it's because it's usually dumbed down for mass consumption. "Cartoons & Cereal" was a song that went against trends, "I" is trying to follow them.

Macklemore won a grammy and sold like 100000000000 records, how are people not liking him? And how is "generic pop rap" somehow different from whatever "trends" you seem to be going on about? He's Vanilla Ice, and you see how well time looks upon his poo poo. Thrift Shop is a fun (if hypocritical and classist/mildly racist song), but it's also 100% pop. It's a worse version of something I would've expected to hear on Rhymesayers 5 years or so ago (worse from a rap perspective).

Chance gets praised like constantly around here (and everywhere). He's made all of 2 mixtapes, and dudes were all over both of them. And fwiw he's about 10x better at making good music than either of the other two clowns you mentioned. Like who is not liking him? I think the biggest complaint I heard about Acid Rap was that it was uneven (which it was).

And donglover isn't disliked because he's making music different from some nebulous "trends", it's because he sucks. When he's not making YMCMB ripoffs, he's whining about how people don't take him seriously, how his life is so hard, or whatever other nonsense he tries to put out. He seriously makes some of the mopiest, sorriest, self-pitying music around, where do you think his stuff is at all optimistic? When he first started and was literally a Lil Wayne cover act most people were just kinda like "ehh, he's whatever" because even though there was nothing special about his stuff, it was also unoffensive. It wasn't until he started making more "personal" music that rap listeners started making GBS threads on him because his whole idea in rap seemed to be the most unlikeable dude ever, without actually making good enough music to overcome that. Seriously you have this weird idea that people don't like donglover because they're brainwashed sheep or something. When the fact is he loving sucks. His music is entirely compatible and entirely derivative of other, better stuff. All he adds is an obnoxious personality.

You want slightly different, optimistic music? Rock the new Migos tape.
You are a contrarian. Migos is different optimistic music? You don't say? I haven't heard it but I have no reason to believe that from their past music. Migos is pop rap. Every rapper sounds like them. You are just dumb contrary opinions.

If an rapper gets popular without making gangsta killa music, then they become corny. I shouldn't have to mention the countless blogs, reviews, youtubes rushing to criticize Kendrick's new single. About as many people like Chance as hate him. How you fail to mention that is pretty funny.

I think I piss you and other people off because you, yes you, have opinions that fit in a box and you are basically an unaware hipster. But people are going to deny that hipsters exist because most music fans in 20__ fit the description of a hipster on most levels. If chance or childish or kendrick stayed small, people would be championing them. But when they get popular, then they become "uneven, disappointing, problematic". I can write your posts and most music reviews before they come out. This isn't unique to rap, rock has went through this as well. Video games suffer from the same level of uninspired writing as well. Good music is music you like and everything else is bad or at best "middling". I read that and the other 3 words in just about every music review and you sound pretty much identical to them.

Macklemore is a good rapper and makes cool music. He's white, smiles, made a song about gay people, and doesn't talk about drugs a bunch, Ergo, he's corny. He is an easy target, much like childish who is the same but black. You and most others can't help but fall for that bait every time and show how much you are influenced by image and marketing as the average person. Like I said above, that's probably why it pisses you off when people look past the obvious criticisms and talk about the actual music. Your criticism is directed more of the people that like <insert popular artist> than of the music. Hipsterism.

temple fucked around with this message at 00:02 on Nov 17, 2014

TenaciousTomato
Jul 17, 2007

Interworld and the New Innocence
migos talk about buying moms a mansion so its p optimistic imo

I AM BRAWW
Jul 18, 2014
I can't differentiate between Eminem and Migos, they just all sound the same.

uG
Apr 23, 2003

by Ralp
which one is migos?

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

uG posted:

which one is migos?

this one

HATEPOSTING
May 27, 2011

temple posted:

Macklemore is a good rapper and makes cool music. He's white, smiles, made a song about gay people, and doesn't talk about drugs a bunch, Ergo, he's corny. He is an easy target, much like childish who is the same but black. You and most others can't help but fall for that bait every time and show how much you are influenced by image and marketing as the average person. Like I said above, that's probably why it pisses you off when people look past the obvious criticisms and talk about the actual music. Your criticism is directed more of the people that like <insert popular artist> than of the music. Hipsterism.

on the other hand, the music is actually poo poo. cool being wrong all the time gimmick though.

alansmithee
Jan 25, 2007

40 lbs to freedom posted:

anyways, heres this cool new ferg song that rules
https://www.audiomack.com/song/atrillidotnet/doe-active

I don't know if it's the exact opposite, but it's definitely a lot more "mainstream" sound than most of his other songs.

That said I don't doubt his ~artistic integrity~ or w/e at all for a second (dude's always made songs you could consider corny, they're just not usually also covered in a pop sound) so it's w/e. I'm pretty much with you in that I'm not a fan of the song (although it's grown on me, the vid does help a lot) but it's not like some big sellout moment or w/e too.

Ana Lucia Cortez posted:

Hey guys, I'm really getting into hip-hop lately, and have been listening to Kanye West quite obsessively. I wanted to ask if there are similar artists out there in terms of production, with a majestic, sweeping feel like MBDTF, songs like Jesus Walks, Diamonds in Sierra Leone, Power, All of the Lights, Lost in the World, etc. I guess I just like stuff that's dramatic and climactic with an 'epic' feel. I haven't heard much else like it, some Jay Z maybe. But my exposure to hip hop is fairly minimal. I'd love some recommendations.
Check some of the Puffy albums. Rick Ross "Rich Forever" would probably be something you'd like (although it's a bit more of a "street" feel). I'd also recommend Mos Def's "The Ecstatic", it's not quite the same but a lot of the production does hit the same type of notes, even if it's a bit more low-key (this album is in general really underrated imo).

There's also a bunch of random singles but few albums I say carry the whole feel. Jay-Z's later albums maybe (as you mentioned). Also Kanye's in my opinion the best "mainstream" rap dude of all time (taking in to account production & rapping) so the quality level of a lot of stuff won't stand up just because he's Kanye and they're...not.

Robawesome posted:

(Just a fairly "epic" song, not intended to say Meek Mill is on Ye's level)

As an aside, this is what his whole album should've been like. It's all downhill after that.

I have no idea what to think about this. Because on one hand, you got dude's chain obv snatched. But then you got Migos being in actual gunfights while Keef cried about going to loving juvie. Also last I knew Keef was beefing with a bunch of DC cats (Shy Glizzy and I thought Fat Trel) so idk what's going on.

I mean if the tiebreaker ends up being music it's no contest but whoa.

alansmithee
Jan 25, 2007

temple posted:

You are a contrarian. Migos is different optimistic music? You don't say? I haven't heard it but I have no reason to believe that from their past music. Migos is pop rap. Every rapper sounds like them. You are just dumb contrary opinions.

If an rapper gets popular without making gangsta killa music, then they become corny. I shouldn't have to mention the countless blogs, reviews, youtubes rushing to criticize Kendrick's new single. About as many people like Chance as hate him. How you fail to mention that is pretty funny.

I think I piss you and other people off because you, yes you, have opinions that fit in a box and you are basically an unaware hipster. But people are going to deny that hipsters exist because most music fans in 20__ fit the description of a hipster on most levels. If chance or childish or kendrick stayed small, people would be championing them. But when they get popular, then they become "uneven, disappointing, problematic". I can write your posts and most music reviews before they come out. This isn't unique to rap, rock has went through this as well. Video games suffer from the same level of uninspired writing as well. Good music is music you like and everything else is bad or at best "middling". I read that and the other 3 words in just about every music review and you sound pretty much identical to them.

Dude, seriously. You have no idea what you're talking about. Quit trying to defend horrible poo poo. About as many hate Chance as like him? That's pretty much everyone with a mildly different sound. Kanye gets that poo poo all the time, despite having like near universal praise for his music. Not everyone is gonna like everything. Migos were a regional act who got popular, and then dudes tried to bite their flow. How is that "pop"? And who isn't championing Kendrick? Dude put out what most people are already classifying as a classic album, and people are glad. I've said repeatedly how it's very very good that he can put out an album of the exact kind of music he wants to make, and have it sell tons. I would absolutely love if more of the dudes I listened to made it big. Dude has one song people don't like, and now apparently everyone hates him? Also, quit throwing in donglover in all your poo poo. He's not on those other dudes level. Seriously, people didn't "hate" him because he got "big"-they hate him because he's obnoxious, self-entitled, self-pitying, and doesn't make music nearly good enough to overcome all of that (actually, I can see how you like his music, since most of the stuff you post is also obnoxious, self-entitled, self-pitying, and isn't nearly interesting enough to overcome all of that)

You're the only one who keeps bringing up "image" and "marketing" and whatnot and ignoring the music. I listen to Anticon and Busdriver, why would I care about someone being white and/or corny? You don't "piss people off". You're not some iconoclast, fighting against "hipsterism". You're just some idiot anachronism who can't understand music that's not fed to you on the radio/MTV/BET. And when people repeatedly call you out on your dumbass poo poo, you get all pissy an offended and think people aren't talking about the music when in reality it's you who's ignoring the music. I mean seriously how is anyone holding back donglover for not talking about drug poo poo (which he does, btw, which you'd know if you actually listened to his music) when Kanye and Drake are like the biggest rappers out? Seriously, it's not even like you have old-man opinions, you just have dumbass opinions.

I AM BRAWW
Jul 18, 2014
alansmithee is 'boutta snatch temples chain

temple
Jul 29, 2006

alansmithee posted:

I listen to Anticon and Busdriver, why would I care about someone being white and/or corny?
And that's why you shouldn't criticize anyone else's taste in music ever. You couldn't pick a cornier rapper than Busdriver. The only difference between Busdriver and Childish is about several thousand fans.

I don't get how smart people like you criticize other people's taste as if your taste is unassailable. The only reason I don't criticize your taste more often is because I would have to insult a lot of people in the process. But for some reason, the millions of people support Macklemore and <insert pop rapper> are irrelevant.

Robert Analog
Feb 16, 2008

shyah
Macklemore won a Grammy because he is a champion for gay rights, the same reason Dallas Buyer's Club won Oscars it's a huge issue right now. He sucks though and his whole aura is bitchmade plus he'll never be as relevant as he was last year after that Jewish outfit he wore.

I saw that SNL thing and I'm hating on all of it really hard. Kendrick looks fat and unkempt like he's channeling the fugees and I want him to make songs about gang poo poo. Also Temple Vice wrote that garbage article about "I" being the most important song of a generation or something and if that isn't some self-aggrandizing poo poo right in line with how hipsters are then I don't know what is. That song was made for fat women who post on tumblr.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Somebody said kendrick was paying homage to Tical's anniversary. It was that day.

http://www.bet.com/news/music/2014/11/09/fredo-santana-threatens-migos-after-fight-with-gbe-member-in-chicago.html

Migos might die next time they try them. Any dude crazy enough to publicly death threat you gives no fucks about life.

“Niggas hard on the web #peterparker" is funny as gently caress tho.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

temple posted:

El p is white and makes good music and is a much better rapper than Macklemore. Macklemore is lame and corny as poo poo. The only people who love him are people who say they hate rap music.

Wezlar
May 13, 2005

Macklemore just sucks hth

Antequek
May 30, 2014
Why do people keep on talking about who likes the music they don't like? isn't not liking it enough? you don't have to justify your feelings by listing off people you don't like that like the music you like, are you like getting what I'm saying?

Wezlar
May 13, 2005

Antequek posted:

Why do people keep on talking about who likes the music they don't like? isn't not liking it enough? you don't have to justify your feelings by listing off people you don't like that like the music you like, are you like getting what I'm saying?

No

alansmithee
Jan 25, 2007

RBX posted:

Somebody said kendrick was paying homage to Tical's anniversary. It was that day.

http://www.bet.com/news/music/2014/11/09/fredo-santana-threatens-migos-after-fight-with-gbe-member-in-chicago.html

Migos might die next time they try them. Any dude crazy enough to publicly death threat you gives no fucks about life.

“Niggas hard on the web #peterparker" is funny as gently caress tho.

It's actually the fact that dude tweeted it out makes me think he's more of a joke.

temple posted:

And that's why you shouldn't criticize anyone else's taste in music ever. You couldn't pick a cornier rapper than Busdriver. The only difference between Busdriver and Childish is about several thousand fans.

I don't get how smart people like you criticize other people's taste as if your taste is unassailable. The only reason I don't criticize your taste more often is because I would have to insult a lot of people in the process. But for some reason, the millions of people support Macklemore and <insert pop rapper> are irrelevant.

See, that's the thing-the fact you think Busdriver and donglover are only separated by the size of the fanbase lets me know you don't pay attention to either of their music.

Again, most people I believe around here have moved past needing MTV to give an artist their stamp of approval and have some label payola some dude's songs into heavy rotation before declaring them "good". I understand it must be very scary for you to not be considered "cool" and "in the know" by turning on TRL or 106 & Park or whatever. But there's a whole world of good music out there that hasn't gone platinum (and never will!). The millions of Macklemore fans that just popped up after his pop single are irrelevant when discussing his music in a rap context, or when discussing the quality of music. Do you also get mad at restaurant reviewers for not giving McDonalds more praise because billions of people eat there?

And please, feel free to criticize my taste if you want (although I'll let you know it IS unassailable). Although that's still ignoring the music (which is something you claimed "hipsters" do). When I talk about Macklemore and how his music is lame, I'm not talking about his fanbase, or some internet retard's taste-I'm talking about him and his music. Same with donglover-the opinions of a bunch of Community fans who like laughing at the cornball brother are irrelevant to the fact that the content of his music is garbage.

temple
Jul 29, 2006

alansmithee posted:

See, that's the thing-the fact you think Busdriver and donglover are only separated by the size of the fanbase lets me know you don't pay attention to either of their music.

Again, most people I believe around here have moved past needing MTV to give an artist their stamp of approval and have some label payola some dude's songs into heavy rotation before declaring them "good". I understand it must be very scary for you to not be considered "cool" and "in the know" by turning on TRL or 106 & Park or whatever. But there's a whole world of good music out there that hasn't gone platinum (and never will!). The millions of Macklemore fans that just popped up after his pop single are irrelevant when discussing his music in a rap context, or when discussing the quality of music. Do you also get mad at restaurant reviewers for not giving McDonalds more praise because billions of people eat there?

And please, feel free to criticize my taste if you want (although I'll let you know it IS unassailable). Although that's still ignoring the music (which is something you claimed "hipsters" do). When I talk about Macklemore and how his music is lame, I'm not talking about his fanbase, or some internet retard's taste-I'm talking about him and his music. Same with donglover-the opinions of a bunch of Community fans who like laughing at the cornball brother are irrelevant to the fact that the content of his music is garbage.
I'm pretty sure you were frying fish sandwiches in the some south bronx park during the late 70s. I bet you have a mix of every rap song from every relevant rapper in every decade. You were playing RUNDMC for the rock kids in CBGBs.

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

Optimistic for little pains new tape. Everything he's done lately has been good to great. Thread slept on his debut and he's improved in the last year
Newer
http://soundcloud.com/twoparenthome/nightmares
Older
http://youtu.be/t_0L8P9D6YQ

Edit: oh yeah the st4ndard tape is really good check that. Spooky black is no gimmick

http://soundcloud.com/thestand4rd/vital-signs

Tolkien minority fucked around with this message at 14:12 on Nov 17, 2014

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

temple is probably the only poster here who makes long posts that is grounded in reality. "I" is a good song with a good message and just because it has a positive message and is a fun song that KIDS can get behind doesn't mean it has no merit you loving retards. Do you realize how pathetic you look when you dismiss any catch song with a positive message as "corny" because it's not made by some lame rear end internet rapper talking about how he has to ride (or drive, I guess) the bus?

Also alan you aren't half as clever as you think you are for spamming donglonger every time he gets brought up. Jesus Christ you're annoying.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Budget Prefuse
Sep 26, 2011

EATIN SHRIMP posted:

temple is probably the only poster here who makes long posts that is grounded in reality. "I" is a good song with a good message and just because it has a positive message and is a fun song that KIDS can get behind doesn't mean it has no merit you loving retards. Do you realize how pathetic you look when you dismiss any catch song with a positive message as "corny" because it's not made by some lame rear end internet rapper talking about how he has to ride (or drive, I guess) the bus?

Also alan you aren't half as clever as you think you are for spamming donglonger every time he gets brought up. Jesus Christ you're annoying.
thank you for your fifth grade report on why Kendrick Lamar's I is a good song Jimmy