Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
the truth
Dec 16, 2007

snodig posted:

Pre-load complete!

I don't think mine has even started, and it's set to auto-download.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock
The preload on my PS4 claims to be complete, but I'm certain it didn't download 50GB in the span of fifteen minutes.

Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

We got some serious shit to discuss.

ymgve posted:

The preload on my PS4 claims to be complete, but I'm certain it didn't download 50GB in the span of fifteen minutes.

All preloads work like this. It downloads enough to get started (if the game were activated, you'd more than likely be able to play at least the opening section before having to wait for the rest of the download to finish), and then downloads the rest silently in the background. If you check the information for it, you'll see that the download progress is still increasing.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
Didn't catch how much the main GTA5 install downloaded but the update file comes down at 1.14 gigs, main game being 50.2 gigs (Europe).

That seems to be it though. Hoping my internet manages once we get to start here in a day and nine hours and many minutes.

e: Ohhh it's doing the stealthy-rear end download for me, nothing under notifications but hidden and visible only once you hit options-notifications on the game itself:

Obscenely slow and I'm in Sweden with an otherwise super fast PSN network, this will be a gargantuan-rear end release. If you did a digital pre-order, get in and download ASAP.

Ghosts n Gopniks fucked around with this message at 15:33 on Nov 16, 2014

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT
gently caress, I really wish it was released for the PC this week. I'm sad.

Maybe I can find a PS4 on craigslist

Top Hats Monthly fucked around with this message at 16:10 on Nov 16, 2014

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

Psion posted:

Yeah, seriously. You know they're all on Twitter (which is searchable) and tumblr (same) and reddit (see a pattern) and ________.

Yeah these people aren't really being too smart about this.

"I'm gonna stream forever!"

R.I.P. twitch.tv/assdan
2009-2014

snodig
Oct 5, 2014
It did the initial 5 or so GB really fast, and then the rest goes by quite slow in the background. If you go to storage - applications - GTA V, you can see the progression. I'm guessing the speed has been capped to maybe deal with the server load this thing is going to cause.

MrLonghair posted:

Obscenely slow and I'm in Sweden with an otherwise super fast PSN network, this will be a gargantuan-rear end release. If you did a digital pre-order, get in and download ASAP.

Can echo this - start the initial download now and don't turn off your PS4 so it continues to download in the background.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.

snodig posted:

Can echo this - start the initial download now and don't turn off your PS4 so it continues to download in the background.

Or to use the standby-mode downloading. I hope it's throttled, my 100mbps line feels slow.

Also there'll be PSN downtime tomorrow. Extra reason to let it sit overnight :ohdear:

e: Now it sped up to approach my max of ten megabytes per second. Get downloading while you can

Ghosts n Gopniks fucked around with this message at 18:28 on Nov 16, 2014

Linx
Aug 14, 2008

Pork Pro
Has anyone set up any goon clans for next gen?

Toasta
Jan 18, 2006
All shall fade to black.
I take it the US pre-load hasn't begun yet, right? Mine still says expected pre-load date 11/16.

cp91886
Oct 26, 2005
Is the pre-load up for the US yet? Mine hasn't started yet. Any way to manually start it? I need a head start if I want to be able to play this week.

Scyron
Aug 27, 2005

I am sure a hacker knows all about rewarding and accomplished behavior. I mean, raping a chick with some mickeys is the same is getting laid right? Same result amirite guys? Nothing like work and not having to do it and get that sweet sweet payoff. :smug:

Linx posted:

Not specifically for next gen, but a lot of the regulars that kept playing last gen, up until this new release, are apart of the LLJK crew.

The other goon crews were goon street, 1000-1009(?), mountain crew, weazel action news, and I think one other one.

edit; gamestop is doing a midnight launch so I guess I am staying physical after all.

Robawesome
Jul 22, 2005

MrLonghair posted:

visible only once you hit options-notifications on the game itself:

Couldn't find this option, could you be more descript?

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT
Someone who is only going to get it for PC come cry with me :(

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

cp91886 posted:

Is the pre-load up for the US yet? Mine hasn't started yet. Any way to manually start it? I need a head start if I want to be able to play this week.

It's up for PS4 and Xbone, not sure about Xbone but for the PS4 you need to have chosen automation, or open up GTAV in the store on the PS4 and hit Download. You'll need a head-start in downloads.

Robawesome posted:

Couldn't find this option, could you be more descript?

The option button of the DS4, while the game is marked in the standard PS4 menu.

snodig
Oct 5, 2014
Can also go to;

Settings > System Storage Management > Applications > <game you want to check>

Yeah I had to manually start the pre-load, even though my settings are for it to start automatically. I went to PS4 library, picked GTA 5 and the download finally started.

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Macklin, you son of a bitch

Linx posted:

I'd put in for LLJK - that is where everyone moved to.

SolitarySolidarity
Dec 29, 2012

Evolve. Control. Combine.

Top Hats Monthly posted:

It will probably be worth the wait.

I'm thinking about getting the PS4 version now and selling it later to invest in the PC version when it's released. As long as I don't burn out on it then I should be fine.

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

SolitarySolidarity posted:

It will probably be worth the wait.

I'm thinking about getting the PS4 version now and selling it later to invest in the PC version when it's released. As long as I don't burn out on it then I should be fine.

It's frustrating though!

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

You've got to know the rules before you can break 'em. Otherwise, it's no fun.

Ae you guys in the US? I don't even have a download button at all, just a timer counting down to launch. No preload at all.

Day Man
Jul 30, 2007

Champion of the Sun!

Master of karate and friendship...
for everyone!

I'm in the US, my PS4 just started the preload. In other news, the timer is showing it as unlocking in 1 day, 10 hours, and 54 minutes, which my math says is midnight eastern time! I can actually stay up for this one!

cp91886
Oct 26, 2005

BitBasher posted:

Ae you guys in the US? I don't even have a download button at all, just a timer counting down to launch. No preload at all.

Keep checking your library, mine was the same way but I just looked and the option to download was below the timer finally.

Toasta
Jan 18, 2006
All shall fade to black.

Day Man posted:

I'm in the US, my PS4 just started the preload. In other news, the timer is showing it as unlocking in 1 day, 10 hours, and 54 minutes, which my math says is midnight eastern time! I can actually stay up for this one!

Confirmed, US PS4 download has begun for me as well. gently caress yessssss!

Robawesome
Jul 22, 2005

My GTAV preload has started as well, in Ontario Canada here.

K8.0
Feb 26, 2004

Her Majesty's 56th Regiment of Foot

Top Hats Monthly posted:

It's going to be well worth the wait. GTA always is.

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together

Kelly posted:

I'd put in for LLJK - that is where everyone moved to.

Did you guys rename Mountain Crew or is this new? That's where I was but I haven't played since my PS3 broke in May

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
RIP PSN?
Sounds like it's gonna die again when the game is unlocked unless they've finally upgraded from paper mache servers.

Robawesome
Jul 22, 2005

Can someone link to the LLJK crew page? Not seeing it in the OP nor searching Social Club (except one with 2 members?)

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Croccers posted:

RIP PSN?
Sounds like it's gonna die again when the game is unlocked unless they've finally upgraded from paper mache servers.

How does it sound like it's going to die again?

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

Those with both Xbox One and PS4:

What system are you getting it on?

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

ElwoodCuse posted:

Did you guys rename Mountain Crew or is this new? That's where I was but I haven't played since my PS3 broke in May

It's new. After they raised crew size limits LLJK got set up to be the cross-platform crew for everyone.

Robawesome posted:

Can someone link to the LLJK crew page? Not seeing it in the OP nor searching Social Club (except one with 2 members?)

It's in PGS.
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3661105

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Just had to shut down and restart my PS4 to get the download ticking away :ohdear:

Croccers posted:

RIP PSN?

Not if they throttle the downloads to not push them past the limit. I wonder if they can buy extra bandwidth from Amazon just for release.

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

K8.0 posted:

It's going to be well worth the wait. GTA always is.

Ask me about Attention Deficit Disorder.

Anybody want to hook me up with a stream?

snodig
Oct 5, 2014
There's a lot of streams up and running pretty much all the time now. One goes down, two more pops up.

twitch.tv/directory/all/ps4

http://www.twitch.tv/krome84
http://www.twitch.tv/diebettpfanne3

Guessing those two will go offline soon

http://www.twitch.tv/badgraphicsnoob

This one is a bit more under the radar. He's been skydiving in first person mode and it's awesome.

Pork Pie Hat
Apr 27, 2011
Not only is UK pre-load available, mine has finished already. Huzzah!

Toasta
Jan 18, 2006
All shall fade to black.

snodig posted:

There's a lot of streams up and running pretty much all the time now. One goes down, two more pops up.

twitch.tv/directory/all/ps4

http://www.twitch.tv/krome84
http://www.twitch.tv/diebettpfanne3

Guessing those two will go offline soon

http://www.twitch.tv/badgraphicsnoob

This one is a bit more under the radar. He's been skydiving in first person mode and it's awesome.

That last one is someone who isn't garbage at driving in first person. A lot of the other streams I saw yesterday had people who could barely steer with the in-car view.

Scyron
Aug 27, 2005

I am sure a hacker knows all about rewarding and accomplished behavior. I mean, raping a chick with some mickeys is the same is getting laid right? Same result amirite guys? Nothing like work and not having to do it and get that sweet sweet payoff. :smug:
I've tried googling adn looking through reddits but I can't find an answer and it is killing me.

Does anyone know what the black box is, that appears during streams, that is censored from the viewers? I imagine it is something saying your viewers can't listen to the music or something.

Does anyone know, if you can stream at the same time as having your own personal music playing through the USB?

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Pork Pie Hat posted:

Not only is UK pre-load available, mine has finished already. Huzzah!

Make sure you actually have all 46-51.38 gigabytes of it via the information tab on the game :ohdear: by default it grabs 600ish megs and a 1.4 gig patch, downloading the rest in the background that's not visible under notifications.

Scyron posted:

I've tried googling adn looking through reddits but I can't find an answer and it is killing me.

Does anyone know what the black box is, that appears during streams, that is censored from the viewers? I imagine it is something saying your viewers can't listen to the music or something.

Does anyone know, if you can stream at the same time as having your own personal music playing through the USB?

The black box covers incoming notifications of things like messages and friend activities. I'll check the personal music thing after my download finishes

snodig
Oct 5, 2014

Toasta posted:

That last one is someone who isn't garbage at driving in first person. A lot of the other streams I saw yesterday had people who could barely steer with the in-car view.

Yeah this is the best stream so far. He's chasing wildlife right now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pork Pie Hat
Apr 27, 2011

MrLonghair posted:

Make sure you actually have all 46-51.38 gigabytes of it via the information tab on the game :ohdear: by default it grabs 600ish megs and a 1.4 gig patch, downloading the rest in the background that's not visible under notifications.

Yep, all 46GB downloaded and waiting for Tuesday.

• Locked thread