Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
For anyone who likes exploitation / schlock cinema, Night of the Demons 2 is up on streaming and is probably one of the best teen slashers I've seen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
In Snowpiercer, where did all the rich people sleep? This isn't shitposting, I honestly don't remember any kind of living quarters for the rich people. They had their schoolroom, and their sushi restaurant, and their dance club, but no actual bedrooms. Even the poor tail people had beds.

User-Friendly
Apr 27, 2008

Is There a God? (Pt. 9)

cheerfullydrab posted:

In Snowpiercer, where did all the rich people sleep? This isn't shitposting, I honestly don't remember any kind of living quarters for the rich people. They had their schoolroom, and their sushi restaurant, and their dance club, but no actual bedrooms. Even the poor tail people had beds.

We didn't see every car.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
I think its implied they travel through many more cars than we actually see. That's why its so crazy that someone walked from one end to the other.

Edit: drat it

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
Ah, I didn't pick up on that. Which is one of the reasons I didn't like Snowpiercer. I just couldn't believe how short and crappy the train was.

Alterian
Jan 28, 2003

If you ever have insomnia, just watch Life in Our Universe. Its literally a college lecture. I find space fascinating, but this puts me to sleep.

Leper Residue
Sep 28, 2003

To where no dog has gone before.

sector_corrector posted:

For anyone who likes exploitation / schlock cinema, Night of the Demons 2 is up on streaming and is probably one of the best teen slashers I've seen.

It's also got one of the more amazing booby scenes to ever be in a movie.

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass
Hey guys, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: The Movie (the good one, from 1990) was added last week. COWABUUUUNGAAA!!!

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Alterian posted:

If you ever have insomnia, just watch Life in Our Universe. Its literally a college lecture. I find space fascinating, but this puts me to sleep.

There's one in the same series from Neil Tyson, too. It's like if Cosmos was done by a local TV station in 1999.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8tiGCeWaYuM&t=23s Was this line always this weird?
Otherwise man Its still a decent movie but Princes lyrics fit like a clown shoe.

Marketing New Brain
Apr 26, 2008

mod sassinator posted:

Hey guys, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: The Movie (the good one, from 1990) was added last week. COWABUUUUNGAAA!!!

I need to watch this ASAP, things in my netflix queue are always going *Ninja Vanish*

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

cheerfullydrab posted:

Ah, I didn't pick up on that. Which is one of the reasons I didn't like Snowpiercer. I just couldn't believe how short and crappy the train was.

Seriously? There are half a dozen exterior shots that show you dozens and dozens of cars. There's even that whole scene where they shoot at each other because the train is long enough to let them.

LloydDobler
Oct 15, 2005

You shared it with a dick.

I watched Snowpiercer based on all the discussion in this thread and I thought it was a big steaming turd. I mean, did anyone notice that it was a lovely remake of Matrix Reloaded, but on a train? It even had the burly brawl.

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

Snowpiercer Streaming Discussion: Getting Your :10bux: Worth

Wilhelm Scream
Apr 1, 2008

And for those with Amazon Prime, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2: The Secret of the Ooze is on there.

And we're saved from having to suffer through TMNT 3.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

Wilhelm Scream posted:

And we're saved from having to suffer through TMNT 3.

I'd say TMNT 3 is still better than the new one.

Sarchasm
Apr 14, 2002

So that explains why he did not answer. He had no mouth to answer with. There is nothing left of him but his ears.

LloydDobler posted:

I watched Snowpiercer based on all the discussion in this thread and I thought it was a big steaming turd. I mean, did anyone notice that it was a lovely remake of Matrix Reloaded, but on a train? It even had the burly brawl.

I'm not about to defend Snowpiercer and get into that whole imbroglio again, but I really don't see how you're drawing a parallel between the melee in Snowpiercer and the Burly Brawl.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Stretch is pretty awesome. Starts out like your typical quirky crime movie but veers into some legitimately insane territory.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
I enjoyed Stretch a lot as well. Gave me a new respect for Christopher Pine at least.

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

Leper Residue posted:

It's also got one of the more amazing booby scenes to ever be in a movie.

I think you're thinking of the first Night of the Demons.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Holy loving poo poo, Cyborg is on Netflix!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ATnG7VePzWM
If you like the Wasteland Style of Adventure time see how JCVD must have inspired it in this gem.

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot
Netflix is suggesting a category "Watched by Bojack Horseman" and the first pick is "Horsin' Around", the wacky heartwarming show about a bachelor horse who adopts three precocious children. :D

Also, "Animal Odd Couples", and "A Time for Drunken Horses" :smith:

SALT CURES HAM
Jan 4, 2011
Holy poo poo :lol: these fictional character picks are on point.

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass
Oh my god the origin story sequence in the first Ninja Turtles is probably one of the worst & funniest sequences I've ever seen. I can't believe I loved this as a kid!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RKukcmUa3z8

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot
Watxhed Stretch, pretty fun. Thought the ending fell flat, and the pink car thing was old and I knew what would happen after a character says "I spend a lot of time on the internet. :bigtran:"

I loved the scenes with the kooky billionaire, but the whole thing felt like escalation of every scenario until there was no wau to write it all away, so just pretend it doesn't exist anymore.

SALT CURES HAM posted:

Holy poo poo :lol: these fictional character picks are on point.

The rest of the choices were just as good - a couple rom-coms about philandering guys who mend their ways for love, and inspiring horse overcomes all odds type movies.

coyo7e fucked around with this message at 10:31 on Nov 16, 2014

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

mod sassinator posted:

Oh my god the origin story sequence in the first Ninja Turtles is probably one of the worst & funniest sequences I've ever seen. I can't believe I loved this as a kid!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RKukcmUa3z8

I loved watching that so much that now I have to watch the loving TMNT movies again. Thanks a lot douchebag.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
Under The Skin apparently just hit Amazon Prime, so I have my afternoon planned out.

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010
I'm not sure if I saw it mentioned here, but Bernie, starring a very subtle Jack black, is well worth a watch.

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

stickyfngrdboy posted:

I'm not sure if I saw it mentioned here, but Bernie, starring a very subtle Jack black, is well worth a watch.

Bernie isn't an amazing film or anything but I'd still recommend it to anyone who wants a lighter dark comedy with Jack Black doing something different.

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

Bernie gets a whole lot darker when you remember that the people being interviewed are real people telling you their real thoughts about real events.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

stickyfngrdboy posted:

It is a good movie and I second the recommendation. Jack Black is a ton of fun to watch.

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

pseudorandom name posted:

Bernie gets a whole lot darker when you remember that the people being interviewed are real people telling you their real thoughts about real events.

Really? I knew they it was a true story but I think I still assumed those were actors. Still, I think it just makes it funnier, as well as darker.

...of SCIENCE!
Apr 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

pseudorandom name posted:

Also the real-life dude got out of jail because of extra attention the movie drew to his case and now he lives in Richard Linklater’s garage apartment.

Yaws
Oct 23, 2013

morestuff posted:

Under The Skin apparently just hit Amazon Prime, so I have my afternoon planned out.

Have you seen it before? That movie is a trip. I loved it.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

Yaws posted:

Have you seen it before? That movie is a trip. I loved it.

Just finished it, really dug it. I can't parse Scottish accents, though.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

F Stop Fitzgerald posted:

Bernie isn't an amazing film or anything but I'd still recommend it to anyone who wants a lighter dark comedy with Jack Black doing something different.

Bernie absolutely is an amazing film, it's one of Linklater's best, and I say that as a stupidly big Linklater fanboy.

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

F Stop Fitzgerald posted:

i'm gonna go ahead and say that it actually is an amazing film.

Mom with a blog
Jul 15, 2009

Comedy is basically self-deprecation.

Breaking News! Richard Linklater not feeling well, leaves estate to portly nice-guy. :v:

Also, just watched 13 Sins. It's really good, go watch it.

Challenge 12... :stare:

The Time Dissolver
Nov 7, 2012

Are you a good person?

I want a sitcom theme song based on this premise and I want it yesterday.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NeoSeeker
Nov 26, 2007

:spergin:ASK ME ABOUT MY TOTALLY REALISTIC ZIPLINE-BASED ZOMBIE SURVIVAL PLAN & HOW THE ZOMBIE SURVIVAL VIDEO GAME GENRE HAS BEEN "RAPED BY THE MAINSTREAM":spergin:
Chronicles of Riddick: Bromo-Dragonfly the movie.

Seriously this movie makes Fifth Element look like A Room with a View. I can't decide if it's good bad or just straight up terrible. That and Vin Diesel is the best actor in the entire movie, which I could say might be because he's the narrator and he sees everyone else as a complete jackass. But that would be thinking too hard about it.

• Locked thread