Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

Evil Canadian posted:

I am pretty sure that list is full of poo poo?

I mean, like here is a 1v1 ladder match right here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ozO15Zx7SIM

*ed*

and here is triple threat extreme rules match

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pznrs2n2iLU

That's a TLC. Basically the same thing though.

Daniel Bryan fucked around with this message at 22:22 on Nov 16, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy
There is absoltuely no way any person who is not employed by 2K can even begin to attempt to defend this. Jaysus, two days from release and it's down to early customers to break the news that the game is utterly butchered. Games on new hardware always are a little bare compared to their most recent previous generation release, but holy poo poo. I have never heard of a publisher or developer putting out a release this half-baked, backed by so much pageantry and DLC and whatever. No wonder they backed out of all their preview coverage with IGN.

I have just never seen any game company shaft consumers this hard in such a dirty fashion. And I sat in on an Activision presentation for Wappy Dog. gently caress me.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Blasmeister posted:

Little confused how no DQ can be a different Triple threat match type.
Yeah, multi-man matches have never had DQ, afaik

Cyberball 2072
Feb 17, 2014

by Lowtax

Cyberball 2072 posted:

you guys think tag matches or just singles? Maybe this year they let us have tag matches and next year's upgrade will allow tornado tags. The list of features the game will have seems smaller than the list of DLC you can buy.

Called it

And seriously, for 13 it was "they had to spend time on attitude era guys", for 14 it was "well thq just folded" this year it's "the new gen is a tough transition" the yukes defense squad is running out of excuses.

Cyberball 2072 fucked around with this message at 22:44 on Nov 16, 2014

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Hooray! Wappy Dog!

Anyway, awaiting the news that the game does not have weapons in it. That'd be the next thing to cut, right? Maybe go back to SmackDown 2's one-single-GIF entrances.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

New thing cut: there are no longer any wrestlers in the game. Enjoy arena simulator 2015!

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

TheJoker138 posted:

New thing cut: there are no longer any wrestlers in the game. Enjoy arena simulator 2015!

*Create-an-arena mode still not included

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy

projecthalaxy posted:

Maybe go back to SmackDown 2's one-single-GIF entrances.
I'm willing to bet, if you counted every feature/mode in both games, Smackdown 2 would actually have more going for it than 2k15 now.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Is the game just going to be a viewer for looking at the newest and best possible 3D model of John Cena from a variety of angles? I mean I Gameflyed 2K15 for PS3 and it was just 2K14 but tangibly worse in a variety of ways, so you'd think that would at least be a baseline?

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

I'm still not that upset I preordered because I'm mainly in it for the career mode, but I wouldn't recommend it to anyone else at this point.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

pressedbunny posted:

I'm willing to bet, if you counted every feature/mode in both games, Smackdown 2 would actually have more going for it than 2k15 now.

this is how first year annualized titles on a new console almost always are. a lot of features end up gutted because almost all the time was spent updating the graphics engine. I'm not saying its acceptable or that people should be happy and buy it, but it was entirely expected.

Cyberball 2072 posted:

And seriously, for 13 it was "they had to spend time on attitude era guys", for 14 it was "well thq just folded" this year it's "the new gen is a tough transition" the yukes defense squad is running out of excuses.

fyi i haven't played one of these games in like 4 years because i think they're bad

Cardboard Box fucked around with this message at 23:59 on Nov 16, 2014

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED

pressedbunny posted:

Bring back Create a Taunt and Create an Animation

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Genericide posted:

That's a TLC match, because there's an important difference.

That's such a weird/confusing thing. Alarming at first to see no ladder matches, but if it's just because they're using the blanket TLC match then that's totally fine. Same thing anyway.

It is weird that the list mentions no fatal four way HIAC matches, but that you can have six-person HIAC matches.

spongeh
Mar 22, 2009

BREADAGRAM OF PROTECTION

Cyberball 2072 posted:

the yukes defense squad is running out of excuses.

Are you 12? do you use the words "xbot" and "micro$oft" when typing to other people?

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

spongeh posted:

Are you 12? do you use the words "xbot" and "micro$oft" when typing to other people?

he uses marketing buzzwords like "new gen" instead of "current/last gen" so probably

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
:cripes: I know we've had the DLC debate and all that, but if they're cutting THAT much out of the base game on release, then there's no excuse to be holding back that much content for extra pay.

I mean other than "haha fuk u" but they could make it less blatant.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Daniel Bryan posted:

Like if you don't see a pretty big difference i don't know what to say

there's a lot you can knock the new generation version for, but i don't think character models are it really

even if they're not perfect, they're a huge improvement

You never play the game with the camera that close though. The camera is closer than in other sports games, but you will not see the veins of Cenas arms unless you are performing some cinematic move where the camera cuts in.

Cyberball 2072
Feb 17, 2014

by Lowtax

spongeh posted:

You're right, no one on the Internet or these very forums who have no investment in the company are popping up to make excuses for a really lackluster product.

I use new gen because it is no longer the next gen and I am not referring to the 360 or PS3 editions. I suppose I could say ps4/xbox1 but those are also marketing terms.

Edit: oh current and last gen are the appropriate approved non marketing terms to use. Sure guy, won't find those terms on a press release anywhere.

Cyberball 2072 fucked around with this message at 00:21 on Nov 17, 2014

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Cyberball 2072 posted:

You're right, no one on the Internet or these very forums who have no investment in the company are popping up to make excuses for a really lackluster product.

I use new gen because it is no longer the next gen and I am not referring to the 360 or PS3 editions. I suppose I could say ps4/xbox1 but those are also marketing terms.

The term is current gen you loving sperg, and even the people getting the game have said this is awful, so yes, you're raging against nothing.

Cyberball 2072
Feb 17, 2014

by Lowtax

TheJoker138 posted:

The term is current gen you loving sperg, and even the people getting the game have said this is awful, so yes, you're raging against nothing.

gently caress me, sorry for having an opinion bro.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

sure it's your opinion but it's also possible to express your opinion without being a smarmy jerk about it

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

That is downright awful.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

hahaha did they not facescan vince at all

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Cardboard Box posted:

sure it's your opinion but it's also possible to express your opinion without being a smarmy jerk about it

This.

Also PS4 and Xbone aren't "marketing speak." They're the names of the consoles the game is coming out on. The cuts are pretty much indefensible, but it does happen every year to every yearly franchise. Look at stuff like Madden our even COD: Ghosts. It sucks, and they should fix their broken production pipeline, but it's a fact of life right now.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

cena's as confused as i am

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

So did they just go "I'm pretty sure this is what Vince looks like" and just decide that was good enough? Because that is shocking.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Ghost Problems is now canon.

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED
That is one silver rear end championship belt

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

"I'm willing to pay up to $1200 for a big anime titty"

Another Person
Oct 21, 2010

punk appointed champ by the spirit of the ultimate warrior, you heard it here folks, paul heyman even approves as you can tell in the background

e; alternatively, you can't c me cena

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

"Why, belt? You were supposed to be my friend! :qq:"

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

TheJoker138 posted:

Ghost Problems is now canon.

What?! COLLUSION!

Monkeycheese
Feb 24, 2002

ninja minúsculo
I like that it took some really serious nerd rage to go a page without people rambling about their dumbass wrasslin pokemon game

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe
I'm interested to see what their excuse will be next year, since they won't be able to lean on "Well it was a transition year" like they have in the last two.

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

At least we're not the Thalmor (yet)
I've watched some streams, and I'm pretty impressed. It sucks to lose a lot of features, and if the Creation Suite was your thing probably better to ignore this version, but I think the actual gameplay, for the first time in years, took a substantial leap forward. MyCareer mode seems to be a lot of fun.

It's a solid foundation that will eventually lead to great games.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I didn't know they were adding superpowers to the game. Didn't think Punk would take telekinesis though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

Sky Shadowing posted:

I've watched some streams, and I'm pretty impressed. It sucks to lose a lot of features, and if the Creation Suite was your thing probably better to ignore this version, but I think the actual gameplay, for the first time in years, took a substantial leap forward. MyCareer mode seems to be a lot of fun.

It's a solid foundation that will eventually lead to great games.

Yeah mycareer looks great, and the actual GAMEPLAY(which people seem to be ignoring) seems a lot better this year, so I am still very much looking forward to the game.

That and being able to mess with the base wrestlers like you would a CAW will lead to some funny stuff.