Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

the gameplay will be good once they write an all new engine (never)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spongeh
Mar 22, 2009

BREADAGRAM OF PROTECTION

Nut Bunnies posted:

I'm interested to see what their excuse will be next year, since they won't be able to lean on "Well it was a transition year" like they have in the last two.

if it helps i'll say right now i'm not expecting next year to be amazing, either. more dramatic gameplay changes, hopefully continuing to rip out awful yukes PS1 era code and engine crap, return of some of the removed stuff, but not all of it, and continuing online issues that 2K have been with the NBA games for a couple of years now so far.

and I'll probably still buy it (or skip a year as I've been doing) because there's no other wrestling game out there, and because it will generally move the whole package in a positive direction. problem is they've got a lot of ground to make up, and aren't going to inflate the budget to do it.

spongeh fucked around with this message at 03:00 on Nov 17, 2014

BlueArmyMan
Mar 30, 2007
Hooloovoo

Monkeycheese posted:

I like that it took some really serious nerd rage to go a page without people rambling about their dumbass wrasslin pokemon game

I like that people keep continue bitching about a game that hasn't even released yet for pages on end.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

that's a dumb thing to like

BlueArmyMan
Mar 30, 2007
Hooloovoo

epitasis posted:

that's a dumb thing to like

It's about all I get when I read this thread anymore, so I figure I might as well learn to like it.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Evil Canadian posted:

Yeah mycareer looks great, and the actual GAMEPLAY(which people seem to be ignoring) seems a lot better this year, so I am still very much looking forward to the game.

That and being able to mess with the base wrestlers like you would a CAW will lead to some funny stuff.

Yea, I'm bugged about things that got removed for no good reason (yea I'm sure that 1 on 1 ladder match was just breaking the game but the TLC was fine) but I think there's poo poo worth praising in it and it's not gonna be loving ruined because I have to do a TLC match instead of a ladder.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Just wait and see, I'm sure 2K16 will be the real deal. I know we said that about the last 5 releases, but please understand

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

At least we're not the Thalmor (yet)
I'm watching a stream and I swear to god the crowd just chanted 'boring' at the match.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

They go for verisimilitude with the chants sometimes, like in the Lesnar / Goldberg entrances from that WM match in 2k14

Cyberball 2072
Feb 17, 2014

by Lowtax

BlueArmyMan posted:

I like that people keep continue bitching about a game that hasn't even released yet for pages on end.

People have the game. The complaints are not based upon speculation.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

there was one wrestling game that had a single dumb fan that would chant "this is awesome" by himself and i won't buy another wwe game until that makes a comeback

Prozach
Oct 30, 2013

When God invented Lycra, he was thinking about Divas matches.
The newer version at least hints at the foundation of a solid franchise for years to come. It is kinda ridiculous how they didn't wait until the very last possible moment to announce the Creation Suite cuts and flatout didn't announce the missing match types, but the gameplay is the most important part. You nail that early on like the NBA 2K series did, and eventually you can tack on the features everyone likes around it. I mean, it's not like they're tarnishing the good work Yuke's did, since Yuke's did no good work.

e:

Cardboard Box posted:

there was one wrestling game that had a single dumb fan that would chant "this is awesome" by himself and i won't buy another wwe game until that makes a comeback

That's in 2K14 and I think in '13, too. Just one obnoxiously loud "THIS IS AWESOME!" fat guy shouting by himself. The guy has heart.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Cardboard Box posted:

I am a supporter of the "Put 'em in a bodybag!" guy.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

Prozach posted:

That's in 2K14 and I think in '13, too. Just one obnoxiously loud "THIS IS AWESOME!" fat guy shouting by himself. The guy has heart.

oh

well i probably still won't buy a modern wwe game

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
It's unfortunate because some of the new stuff is pretty cool

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
That's not the attire HBK wore....

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

KungFu Grip posted:

I am a supporter of the "Put 'em in a bodybag!" guy.

wrestling video game fans begin and end with WWF Attitude guy who screams as loud as possible about everything

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1gB3pD3UYf0#t=4h27m58s

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

that man really likes kane

BlueArmyMan
Mar 30, 2007
Hooloovoo

Cyberball 2072 posted:

People have the game. The complaints are not based upon speculation.

I thought people had the 360/PS3 versions, and all the bitching was about the XBONE/PS4 versions that had yet to come out? I tend to scroll past the 2K15 stuff, because I'm more interested in SuperCard talk (imagine that!). If I'm wrong, then I'm wrong, and I'm dumb.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

that man really likes kane
there's a bunch of lines of him screaming at Droz to throw up but I really couldn't be assed to watch that video for any length of time to find them

Cyberball 2072
Feb 17, 2014

by Lowtax

BlueArmyMan posted:

I thought people had the 360/PS3 versions, and all the bitching was about the XBONE/PS4 versions that had yet to come out? I tend to scroll past the 2K15 stuff, because I'm more interested in SuperCard talk (imagine that!). If I'm wrong, then I'm wrong, and I'm dumb.

The official release is Tuesday but some copies have leaked to the public over the weekend, info is getting put out there and there's a lot of YouTube videos of it in action. But yea, it's normal to see that kind of thing where a game gets damned on speculation and I can see where you're coming from.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

Dammit, WWE, hotshotting the belts is not going to help your popularity!

Sevalar
Jul 10, 2009

HEY RADICAL LARRY HOW ABOUT A HAIRCUT

****MIC TO THE WILLY***
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ya-wQNeSpLU

2k16 already in the works

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
Hmm..

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy

Sky Shadowing posted:

It's a solid foundation that will eventually lead to great games.

Prozach posted:

The newer version at least hints at the foundation of a solid franchise for years to come.
This is what everybody said about the last four games, too.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

This is the first one in a long time to significantly change the in-ring gameplay, beyond making striking faster or slower or w/e.

Prozach
Oct 30, 2013

Basic Chunnel posted:

This is the first one in a long time to significantly change the in-ring gameplay, beyond making striking faster or slower or w/e.

It's also the first one in the last 4 years that isn't SOLELY* developed by Yuke's. Visual Concepts have done good work with their other 2K franchise, not hard imagining they can pull it off here too.

But for now, the games aren't worth a buy at all. Especially PS3/360 version. If you're not getting the newer consoles, just stay with 2K14. Same game without any features taken out and a soundtrack free of Florida Georgia Line.

*e: vvv You're right, they do have some influence still. Not much though. Last year was still a Yuke's game with a Visual Concepts skin, this year there were actual significant changes to the formula.

Prozach fucked around with this message at 10:10 on Nov 17, 2014

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

it's a joint project between yuke's and visual concepts actually but I would hope that visual concepts contributes positive things

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

I don't believe Visual Concepts worked on 2k14. It was well on its way through development when it was sold to 2K.

And unless you're really really into entrances and the story mode, I would definitely recommend last-gen 2k15 over 2k14. The stability issues of 2k14 gradually pile up until you hit hard lockups if you stay in a character selection menu for more than 10 seconds and after awhile I got so sick of waiting through entrances that I shut them off anyway. 2K15 can actually run 6-man tags!

canada jezus
Jul 18, 2011

Its been in stores here since early last week, at least i think it was. Did tornado tag get renamed like the ladder/tlc match thing?

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I'm gonna wait on this to get cheap and then get it. There's no way I'm paying $60 bucks for a next gen game that can't animate hair right. Probably going to pass on the DLC too unless there's game modes or whatever.

Chewy Bitems
Dec 25, 2012

PIIIISSSSSSSS!!!!
I watched a bit of a stream of the PS4 version yesterday where it was Fandango coming to the ring with Summer Rae and Summer Rae's face is absolutely horrifying when she first dances out. been trying to find a video or picture to post here but can't find one.

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.

Prozach posted:

It's also the first one in the last 4 years that isn't SOLELY* developed by Yuke's. Visual Concepts have done good work with their other 2K franchise, not hard imagining they can pull it off here too.

The MLB 2K franchise was an absolute disaster filled with game breaking bugs.

Solomonic
Jan 3, 2008

INCIPIT SANTA

Chewy Bitems posted:

I watched a bit of a stream of the PS4 version yesterday where it was Fandango coming to the ring with Summer Rae and Summer Rae's face is absolutely horrifying when she first dances out. been trying to find a video or picture to post here but can't find one.

I saw this as well, it's hilarious. She looks like Sweet Dee Reynolds. Idk who thought that facial expression was a good idea.

Prozach
Oct 30, 2013

Jubs posted:

And yet their NFL 2K series is still pretty heavily acclaimed to this day. Point being, they have had success with sports titles in the past, and that began when they nailed the gameplay portion down early. Not gonna deny the MLB 2K series sucked, but it's tough to compete when MLB The Show is an already near perfect baseball sim anyway.

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED

Prozach posted:

And yet their NFL 2K series is still pretty heavily acclaimed to this day.

That was also nearly 10 years ago

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Midnightghoul posted:

That was also nearly 10 years ago

Right around the time of the last good wwe game

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

"I'm willing to pay up to $1200 for a big anime titty"

I thought 2k14 was good, definitely by WWE game standards. It gave me a bit of hope for this one but ~that's what I get for believing~

One of the Giant Bomb guys said what I've been thinking for years: a game that presents a worked sport as a real sport you're actually trying to win will always have hosed up pacing. You see that the most when you're playing online and the other guy is sprinting around the ring for half the match.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Jubs posted:

NBA 2k is the best yearly franchise in games, not just sports, if you want an example from the last decade.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Fat Lowtax posted:

You see that the most when you're playing online and the other guy is sprinting around the ring for half the match.
Good news!

Real problem with treating the matches as shoots for me is that I like the GM / booking aspect of wrestling and an official WWE game will more or less never offer that, not truly. You can manually set the title rankings to informally dictate card position and you can set up rivalries but you can't, say, give Lesnar a Goldberg push without playing all of his matches, or else going into the wrestler stats before every match to stack the deck (and even then, there are no guarantees).