Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Will you #JoinTheForce?
I already have
I want to I just don't know how
Only if they sign Sid
#JoinTheForce
View Results

• Locked thread
super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Im not quite sure if I understand what GFW Wrestle Kingdom 9 is going to be: is this a NJPW ppv that Jarrett is sort of producing for an American audience or are there going to be signed GFW wrestlers (lol, I know) also wrestling?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

super macho dude posted:

Im not quite sure if I understand what GFW Wrestle Kingdom 9 is going to be: is this a NJPW ppv that Jarrett is sort of producing for an American audience or are there going to be signed GFW wrestlers (lol, I know) also wrestling?

GFW isn't a real thing with employees, or wrestlers, or shows. They are just helping distribute a NJPW PPV in America.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

oatgan posted:

GFW isn't a real thing with employees, or wrestlers, or shows. They are just helping distribute a NJPW PPV in America.

Once a carney, always a carney. God bless his heart, that Double J.

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

Pay no attention to me, for I am a stupid cunt.
please dont be mauro please dont be mauro

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

Yuriy posted:

please dont be mauro please dont be mauro

You don't want to watch Jim Ross and The Bipolar Rock and Roller Mauro Ranallo announcing Japanese wrestling???

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

BGrifter posted:

You don't want to watch Jim Ross and The Bipolar Rock and Roller Mauro Ranallo announcing Japanese wrestling???

if they're gonna get combat sports announcer that sometimes say stupid poo poo than i want the best and i want michael schiavello because at least he'll do his research and have some idea of what he's talking about

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

On the real though, they should get Chael

It'd get extra buys just from people getting it to hear him and he has great chemistry with JR

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
Mauro is such a fantastic comedy option for a comedy non-promotion. He's too perfect. Chael might actually be good.

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

BGrifter posted:

Chael might actually be good.

Seriously, we already know he's a pro-wrestling fan and he already has a great pro-America gimmick and can cut a promo

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroach went out of the room in anger. And roach's go to empty room...

Cockroache's Anarchist

Mauro loves NJPW and has broadcast experience calling puro and Schiavello is a clueless idiot who couldn't identify Tiger Jeet Singh, calling him a terrorist of some sort that at the NYE show where Inoki was crucified.

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

masato tatanka posted:

Tiger Jeet Singh, calling him a terrorist of some sort that at the NYE show where Inoki was crucified.

this sentence is the reason i love pro wrestling

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

masato tatanka posted:

Mauro loves NJPW and has broadcast experience calling puro and Schiavello is a clueless idiot who couldn't identify Tiger Jeet Singh, calling him a terrorist of some sort that at the NYE show where Inoki was crucified.

with his new information I'd like to also throw in some support for Michael Schiavello

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroache's Anarchist

haha found it
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DNqDi6fByEE

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroache's Anarchist

upon review of the video I also motion in favour of Schiavello

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011

sigmachiev posted:

You guys, the show of the year is on traditional PPV and you have the option of Japanese commentary or Jim Ross. This is so awesome.

GFW just being American NJPW is loving hilarious and cool at the same time. I'm all for Jim Ross and (second dude) providing english commentary and story breakdown so I can extra enjoyment out of this.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Yuriy posted:

if they're gonna get combat sports announcer that sometimes say stupid poo poo than i want the best and i want michael schiavello because at least he'll do his research and have some idea of what he's talking about

Schiavello has called prowrestling bouts before and is actually pretty good at it.

I'll be curious if JR can match Nogami's level of poo poo losing during hype matches.

Sticky Nate
Jan 9, 2012

JR needs a broadcast pardner and I vote for Don West

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

i cant tell if he says the jesus of japanese anime or the jesus of japanese mma but either way im behind that guy

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Doo-Wop Duodenum posted:

JR needs a broadcast pardner and I vote for Don West

please please please this

E: and make it Heel Don West from that like 2-3 month period where he just kept making GBS threads on TNA

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

DJExile posted:

please please please this

E: and make it Heel Don West from that like 2-3 month period where he just kept making GBS threads on TNA

For me the best part of that turn was him just loving ripping into Tenay during the turn itself. Glorious.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
I wouldn't mind Don West on colour. JR can be the one who knows who the people are and explains things, Don can be the one who just freaks the gently caress out about how incredible everything is.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

triplexpac posted:

I wouldn't mind Don West on colour. JR can be the one who knows who the people are and explains things, Don can be the one who just freaks the gently caress out about how incredible everything is.

Plus he could make Yottsume a lot of money shilling for his site

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

I have to say I genuinely loved Don as a manager for... I think it was Amazing Red. Dude flipped out at everything and seemed to be having a blast.

Beautiful Ninja
Mar 26, 2009

Five time FCW Champion...of my heart.

DJExile posted:

I have to say I genuinely loved Don as a manager for... I think it was Amazing Red. Dude flipped out at everything and seemed to be having a blast.

Wasn't Don West also personally responsible for really good TNA merchandise sales? You are a talented marketer if you can convince people that TNA merchandise is worth buying.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Beautiful Ninja posted:

Wasn't Don West also personally responsible for really good TNA merchandise sales? You are a talented marketer if you can convince people that TNA merchandise is worth buying.

Don made his bones on QTV or something so he's right in his element with any sort of merch sales.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I'm guessing that the rumours that CM Punk would be announcing with JR were nothing but internet BS?

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Say Nothing posted:

I'm guessing that the rumours that CM Punk would be announcing with JR were nothing but internet BS?

CM Punk won't touch anything wrestling related for quite some time. Thanks, WWE.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

DJExile posted:

Don made his bones on QTV or something so he's right in his element with any sort of merch sales.

Don West had me convinced Beanie Babies were a good investment as I showed old videos of his on a preshow.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

coconono posted:

CM Punk won't touch anything wrestling related for quite some time. Thanks, WWE.

Well, besides AJ.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

CombineThresher posted:

Well, besides AJ.

booooooooooo

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!

CombineThresher posted:

Well, besides AJ.

The Gay Community?

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Beautiful Ninja posted:

I think Don West came up with the Brown Bag Special, which was a god drat genius way to get rid of old stock they couldn't sell any other way. $20 I think and you got 4 DVDs and a t-shirt in a brown drawstring bag signed by Don. Also every TNA house show report on the Observer site mentioned how much merch they sold because of Don. He probably made the company more money than anyone else ever employed there.

Sotar
Dec 1, 2009
Also I want to point out that heel Don West on commentary was amazing.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Don West was the perfect color man for X Division matches because he would flip his poo poo for crazy spots and you could tell that it was legitimate amazement.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Don West made me want so many baseball cards at 2 a.m. as a child.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

JIM MINT 10 CONDITION!

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

I'm telling you folks, we're going to have to do something...about these wheels here.

Jeff Jarrett would be a fool to not get Don West on color.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Sotar posted:

Also I want to point out that heel Don West on commentary was amazing.

He showed up late to one show just after he turned, and asked Tenay what he missed. I think this was for control of the Main Event Mafia, and Tenay said Angle and Sting were going to each choose someone to fight for them. I remember the exchange then went something like

"So, wait, this is a tag match then?"
"No, they're each picking someone to fight on their behalf"
*fantastic pregnant pause*
"...well that doesn't sound as interesting..."

Charles Gnarwin posted:

Don West was the perfect color man for X Division matches because he would flip his poo poo for crazy spots and you could tell that it was legitimate amazement.

He really was. When he managed Red I don't think they clued him in on how the match would go because he was marking out for everything and it seemed really genuine. I loved it.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

West and Tenay were absolutely the best thing in TNA. Regardless of how dumb anything was, they would try 100% to bluff it out and talk it up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib
I have never really seen Japanese Wrestling outside of a few YouTube videos, but this sounds interesting and I do like Jim Ross - is this the japanese company with the razor ramon hard gay guy and also the guy in the freaky japanese mask that kind of looks like a sex doll?

Oh and is this the company with the sex doll?

• Locked thread